• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(WIFI) Low Tier Special Tournament (Jan 18)

Raimu

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm hosting a tournament on January 18th at 5:00 Eastern time. Its a special tournament, the characters you can choose from have been limited to the bottom 3 Tiers on the official tier list. If you are interested at all, more information can be found here -

http://smashunderground.darkbb.com/...nt-sunday-january-18th-sign-up-t883.htm#13570
(sorry about the off-site link, just didn't feel like writing that out twice.)

You can sign up here if you want, or the other site. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask via post or PM.

--------UPDATE-----------

Tournament is now at 6:00 eastern... due to the fact that I forgot I'll be at a hockey game and wont get home till about 5:30 XD

Snare

Smash Lord
Here let me:

Raimu said:
Next Sunday (5:00 Eastern time!), the Events team is pleased to bring you our first Special Rules Tournament. This week's theme:
--------------------------------------------------------------
LOW TIER!
Now, what this means the list characters you can choose from is restricted to characters from the bottom 3 tiers on the official tier list, so you must pick a character from the list below.

-Weegee Tier-
Luigi

-E Tier-
Zelda
Bowser
Fox
Sheik
Ike

-F Tier-
Mario
Lucas
Ness
Samus
Sonic
Pokémon Trainer
Yoshi

-G Tier-
Link
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I would also like to bring to everyones attention a format change. In an effort to include everyone, we are not using an elimination style bracket for this tournament. Instead, we will be using a 4-round Round Robin format.

The tournament host, which will be me this week, will pair you up randomly in the first round. However, even if you loose, you are not eliminated, instead, you will be paired against a brawler with a similar record in the second round. At the end of the four rounds, The players with the best records will then play an elimination round to determine the winner. Top 2, 4, or 8 format will be used, based on attendance of course.

Basic Rules-

-Matches are best 2 out of 3
-3 Stock, 7 minutes, No items
-10 minute grace period to show up for your matches, or else you will be given a match loss (This is not an elimination.).
-1 only character for the whole Tournament.
- Neutral stages for first game, looser always decides the next map, counterpick or neutral

STAGES-

Neutral Stages
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Lylat Cruise
-Smashville
-Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick Stages
-Delfino Plaza
-Luigi’s Mansion
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Pokémon Stadium 2
-Castle Siege
-Jungle Japes (Melee)
-Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
-Brinstar (Melee)
-Pokémon Stadium (Melee)

Ah, of course, PRIZES!!!
1st Place- 15 smash points + a 12 pixel high bar to show off your victory.
2nd Place - 10 Smash Points
3rd Place - 5 Smash Points

If there are any questions or concerns, feel free to ask me about them. With that, let the sign-ups begin!
Man that took forever too type :|

Raimu

Smash Cadet
Shhhh! lol. Copy-paste is not an option :p

But, errr... thanks, I guess XD.

I'd love to be able to expand my tiny little tournament through the big world of smashboards tho, so, please do sign up if you're interested XD.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I would like to be the first one to sign up please XD.

And can you tell me the system and information of this idea of Smash Points please?

EDIT: Another question that I wish to be answered, what is a ten minute grace period?

Raimu

Smash Cadet
Alright, PM sent, I'll add you to the list if you want :)

zogdilla

Smash Rookie
this sounds cool! i'll join in!
i'll use zelda. you say we can only use one character for the whole thing... will i be able to change into sheik during a match?

Luur3

Smash Journeyman
this sounds cool! i'll join in!
i'll use zelda. you say we can only use one character for the whole thing... will i be able to change into sheik during a match?
Tournaments consider Zelda and Shiek as 2 seperate characters, so I would assume no, unless the host approves.

I might sign up for this later. I'm sick of fighting only top tier characters

Raimu

Smash Cadet
Actually the zelda/shiek thing is something I haven't really considered. Considering both characters are legal, I see no reason why you can't switch. I can't in good conscience restrict one of your characters moves XD.

And thats the way Luur, gonna have to start up a little check-in list here. Tho I'm still waiting to hear back from one or 2 people..

cj0114

Smash Cadet
I would like to sign up for the tournament. Mario is my character. My friend code is 5284 1186 8825

Kogarashi

Smash Cadet
Curious, But As ZSS has moved up in the rankings, and Is sadly no longer in the Lower Tiers.

What happens if someone Plays as Samus, and Transforms to ZSS mid-match?

cj0114

Smash Cadet
Curious, But As ZSS has moved up in the rankings, and Is sadly no longer in the Lower Tiers.

What happens if someone Plays as Samus, and Transforms to ZSS mid-match?
I thought there were no items in this tournament. Also, presumably the manual change would be forbidden.

Riku00

Smash Ace
sign me up as the worst character on the list.
Capt. Falcon

Gamer Tag:
Rikuº

EDIT: Never mind this is way too complicated. dont sign me up.

Raimu

Smash Cadet
WOW. So much interest!

@Kogarashi - Yes, I would appreciate no manual change between Samus/ZSS..

So, right now...

Participants -

SR-71
FC: 2578-2930-2983
Character: Jigglypuff

zogdilla
FC: 4811-6603-4287
Character: Zelda

HDSHT
FC: 0903-4340-4762
Character: Ike

cj0114
FC: 5284-1186-8825
Character: Mario

Teron
FC: 0216-1722-1948
Character: Ganon

RIP
FC: 1118-0550-4371
Character: Yoshi

PKMST
FC: 2664-5753-2835
Character: Pokemon Trainer

Zerxion
FC: 3523-3332-4525
Character: Gannon

Stafy
FC: 2191-7332-7544
Character: Captain Falcon (I'm assuming)

ikenator5000
FC: 1676-3494-0066
Character: Ike (I'm assuming)

BASEBALLFURIES (Maybe)
FC: 0989-4288-3075
Character:???

---ADDED---

Gamer Tag: Mr. T
FC: 0860-2986-2428

Gamer Tag: Moot
FC:4983-4608-3365

This is going to be difficult @_@. I think I'll have to make a Smash Underground Pool and Smash Boards pool... nothing you guys have to worry about, As I'll be giving you guys your pairings myself.

Okay, so, I'd like to stop signups now, if you MUST, I guess you can still signup, but this is already really intimidating as it is :p

There has been a VERY slight change in plans. Instead of 5:00 eastern, it will now be at 6:00 eastern.. if thats no good for anybody, please say so @_@.

I'll post first round pairings here around 5:30-5:45. I am sorry for the sudden change! Any questions, just ask!

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested. Count me in. If you can, send me a PM with more details when you get the chance.

EDIT: Oops, didn't see that last post. If there's no room, don't worry about me.

Raimu

Smash Cadet
Nicalobe, I can add you, just tell me what character you want to use.

Eastern time zone.... ah... man, I thought it was pretty standard everyone knew what that was, thats why I used it @_@. Its New York , Toronto time.

Cubone

Smash Lord
NNID
Cubone
If I can get in still just shoot me a quick pm

Gamer Tag: Moot
FC:4983-4608-3365

Raimu

Smash Cadet
Alright, well, Thank you everyone very much for the interest. For organizational purposes, I'm going to be creating a new thread here-

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6394303#post6394303

Read the rules of that thread before posting please.

ALSO, in additon to the time change (tourney is now at 6:00.), I'd like to make the stage rules clear.

Looser of the previous game always picks, neutral or counterpick. The first stage in the 3 game set has to be a neutral stage, if both players cannot agree on a stage, then use Final Destination. Do this through PM, if possible.

Top Bottom