• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Mundungu

Smash Lord
We play every Thursday night on Campus next to Randall stadium, and most Fridays off campus.

Skill level is all over the place, from just started playing to pretty good.

EDIT BREAKING NEWS:
Zanguzen got 5th at Shuffle! I think we can expect some awesome vids in the near future. I'm prob gonna scour VGBC's stream archive tonight.

Last edited:

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
IMDB 11 @ Carsons is booked

addr: 1515 Tripp Circle
date: April 12th

mundungu do you want to make the thread for this?

Last edited:

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Would people be interested in a smashfest this Saturday at all? I'm thinking about getting something together for the afternoon.

EMP_Zurg

Smash Cadet
i cant make it sat cause i'll be in chicago but the fest is a good idea

also imdb11 will most likely have a $5 venue fee because the place is not allowing us to book it for not $200

Last edited:

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Ok I'll make the tournament thread tonight. We need a subname for the tournament.

The fest on Saturday will be at Frank's house. Should be starting around noon.

Here's the IMDB11 Tournament Thread. Let me know if anything conflicts with the Facebook event.

Last edited:

Mundungu

Smash Lord
So is wisconsin smash pretty much located in madison area now? the fox valley is no longer the hub =[
I know lonejedi said he was wanting to get back into it / play a lot recently, and Heath has kind of been doing the same. That's about all I know about for fox cities.

You should come to our tourney next month Ethan!

hunger!

Smash Champion
Getting top 8 in a pretty stacked P:M tourney and almost beating rat after only playing the game for 2 hours after a 7 month hiatus from smash was pretty fun. Odds are i'll be attending the madison tourney on the 12th.

Was fun seeing folks again.

also ethan, kaukauna plays hearthstone :)

Crimsonwintertide

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-2924-7943
Heya, I'm pretty new to the Smash community as one may guess and I'm finally wanting to get involved after a few years now. I was thinking of attending IMDB 11 but I'm afraid I won't be able to make that. I want to play with other people, but that may not happen for a while. Any advice on getting more involved with other players near Madison would be much appreciated :D

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
I mostly participate in Milwaukee stuff but I know Madison has smash fests Thursday nights at 6:00pm (though they aren't hosting this week). A lot of people also use the WI facebook group to communicate/organize: https://www.facebook.com/groups/411431608918302/

WI plays Melee and some PM. Brawl doesn't get much love. You'll need to bring your own controller unless someone can lend you one. A little cash for food is always a good idea. These can run pretty late (12:00-1:00am) but you're welcome to leave whenever you want. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Crimsonwintertide

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-2924-7943
Yeah, I've heard about those actually. They would be great and all but unfortunately I am in still in school so the chances of attending on of those are very slim, sadly. Too bad there isn't a smash fest this Thursday, since it's really the only Thursday I have off due to spring break.

Last edited:

DireDrop

Smash Journeyman
Keep an eye on the facebook page. That's usually a little more up-to-date. Sometimes you can catch random fests that aren't posted here.

Crimsonwintertide

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-2924-7943
I guess attending Thursday smash fests would be possible for me during the summer. I have my own controller and could bring money for fests so that's all good. I do play Melee and PM so that's also good I guess. The only problem I can foresee is transportation, but I'll worry about that later. I'll try to keep an eye on the facebook page as well. Thanks a lot for the help so far :)

Mundungu

Smash Lord
Would anyone be interested in doing a bigger smash bros only fest on Friday night? If not, we can just go to Alex's as usual.

Top Bottom