• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be downtown to pick people up around 9:15 tomorrow morning for the Chicago tourney. Sanchaz leave your phone on / answer it if you don't wake up.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
whatever, Im just wondering where that dude is, I thought he would of shown up at imbd. hopefully I get to see him at imbd2

G

genkaku

So I'm really tired of trying to get people interested in playing at MIAD. It just isn't going to happen.
Quaz and Sync said that they were going to try and start a milwaukee scene, but obviously that fell through.
Redryu, do you think there's much hope for the city?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
So I'm really tired of trying to get people interested in playing at MIAD. It just isn't going to happen.
Quaz and Sync said that they were going to try and start a milwaukee scene, but obviously that fell through.
Redryu, do you think there's much hope for the city?
you got tough shoes to fill, good luck. your going to need the amount of energy I have to organize this, if you want to start a smash scene. maybe just play smash 64 if you really need ppl interested, or just play smash 64 to have fun for a bit, lol

john!

Smash Hero
madison has people like exarch, mundungu, lightsoutace, and sanchaz who are willing to actively help the scene grow. you can get melee going anywhere when you have a few people like that

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
If you're going to get a scene you basically just need a place to host and setups. Put up flyers and tell people you know/see when/where you're hosting. If all you get is casuals then play casually. Let them know that there exists a competitive scene, show them cool stuff like samus swd, black hole glitch, play as master hand. If people want to get better then they'll speak up. Just have an all around smash club instead of a 'elite warriors training for underground tournaments only' club. Don't just **** casuals and demand that they learn techskill if they're going to have fun.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Play free-for-alls and be one of the last two people standing (so you know everyone is watching) than do cool stuff. Inevitably people will ask how, which is a good segway into introducing the competitive scene.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
Our meeting this Thursday is in Sift & Winnow on the second floor of Union South. If you come up the main stairway, go straight past the bathrooms and take a right to find it at the end of the hallway. This room doesn't have plug-ins in the table like the swanky places we're used to, so bring a powerstrip if you can.
nope
10 nopes

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
'Cause I wouldn't want to play it competitively (as if such a concept existed), so I would play it with casuals to **** around on banned stages and do that.

john!

Smash Hero
lol i tried something like that, i had light clay cresselia with screens and lunar dance, then cloyster for the sweep.

i've got a few teams, the team i used for the tourney had focus sash cloyster lead and 5 choice item users (raikou/zapdos/landorus/deoxys-s/kyurem)

i've found stall teams to be pretty bad this generation because there are so many ****ing tyranitar/excadrill teams out there, and other types of superpowered weather combos

i might just start playing on excadrill banned servers >_<

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
Let's have a Pokemon tournament Thursday! Anyone want to? We could bring our laptops to the Smashfest. If you're not in Madison just log onto the Poke-online server at 6:15 and tell us your name. I know that in Madison me, John, Xeylode, and Moozle play at least.

Top Bottom