• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

sanchaz

Smash Lord
mundun8ndugu: well sheik is nerfed!!! which means I may be able to play pikachu! plus dk vs sheik is much more winnable for dk, as in not free, lol. idk, its somethin new, and from what i've read it's much more balanced. plus falco is less CHEAP.

john and quaz: no more fighting on the internet, I don't like this! I don't care who started it but stop, you can make fun of me, but this is a no no. oh. and lonejedi, you can also make fun of him.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I had tons of fun at the smashfest. I think I'll play blast corps and try to beat steve's times eventrually, but for now, I want to play it because it was and still is hella fun to play.

and I don't think it was the alcohol that made me go MAX OVERDRIVE SANCHAZ MODE. I was just playing captain falcon.

Anyways, I hoped everyone had a blast as well, hope to see you guys at IMBD or sooner.

Spikes Smashfest report: MISHHHLON COMPETE.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
ya i thought it was a really good smashfest too. blazing fury is kool and watching/playing sf and mvc is funny. quaz sorry again about the bacon shot i was just prankin you but you took it like a goddamn champion. im hopin to make the madison fests from now on since i doubt we'll have many here with school starting.

also everyone should watch this!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ9_tLpLZvg

sanchaz

Smash Lord
hey guys, for the imbd tournament, how can we encourage the lazy midwest to come by and enter??? I want the tourney to be a massive blast and see if we can expand even more, any thoughts?

special guest appeance by mr. black??? bring his *** here spikes

Madison is in a good location already. Somewhat center of all the smash locations in WI, and not too far for Chicago people.

It helps that Madison is only like a 4-5 hour drive from the twin Cities area in Minnesota. MN is already on the outskirts of the midwest area as far as I know. As in smash is a dead zone west of the twin cities. So a chance for a large tournament with people from WI and Chicago would be appealing.

I have no idea if anything happens in Iowa, but I doubt we would see anyone from Iowa unless they live between here and waterloo/cedar rapids. Overall, I expect the tournaments to always be lively here once people know a smash scene exists and is doing regular stuff. Establish good tournaments for people to come back and for the word to spread. I think that's all we really need to do. Let time do the rest.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Madison is in a good location already. Somewhat center of all the smash locations in WI, and not too far for Chicago people.

It helps that Madison is only like a 4-5 hour drive from the twin Cities area in Minnesota. MN is already on the outskirts of the midwest area as far as I know. As in smash is a dead zone west of the twin cities. So a chance for a large tournament with people from WI and Chicago would be appealing.

I have no idea if anything happens in Iowa, but I doubt we would see anyone from Iowa unless they live between here and waterloo/cedar rapids. Overall, I expect the tournaments to always be lively here once people know a smash scene exists and is doing regular stuff. Establish good tournaments for people to come back and for the word to spread. I think that's all we really need to do. Let time do the rest.
yeah I REALLY REALLY LOVE MADISON"S location. My plan is, well.... I want tournament to be as big or even bigger then smym! I love tournaments and the m

sanchaz

Smash Lord
idwest isn't anything like east or west coast. I see their tournaments and they look so hyped the whole time. I WANT THAT! I want people to say that wisconsin has awesome tournaments, and eventrually have like keits or like a mango player to come by. Idk. I just think it would be really cool for wisconsin/midwest to have some exposure.

On a unrealated note: I made rank in mvc3! yeaaaaaaaaaa

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
idwest isn't anything like east or west coast. I see their tournaments and they look so hyped the whole time. I WANT THAT! I want people to say that wisconsin has awesome tournaments, and eventrually have like keits or like a mango player to come by. Idk. I just think it would be really cool for wisconsin/midwest to have some exposure.

On a unrealated note: I made rank in mvc3! yeaaaaaaaaaa
keits IS wi... and I was the best/most active host in the mw from like 06-08 and out of my tournies, three had over 70 attendants including 106 for hj4. nobody cared except MN and northern IL. if that doesnt get wi hype then idfk what would.

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
You should give me hosting tips so the tournaments can run smoother and make people want to come back. :)

Also, we're running more games, so there should be more people. As Mundungu said, since they're there already maybe some MvC or SF players can be convinced to try Smash. Just don't let them see Brawl lol

Wafles

Smash Lord
You should give me hosting tips so the tournaments can run smoother and make people want to come back. :)

Also, we're running more games, so there should be more people. As Mundungu said, since they're there already maybe some MvC or SF players can be convinced to try Smash. Just don't let them see Brawl lol
More games don't make for bigger tournaments, just ask Webster about that.
Pot bonuses and sponsorships do.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
omg spikes, I'm so naive. it seems the smash scene has gotten smaller over time. well. me and ace will try our best for attendance...

btw spikes, the blast corps scene will expand by me soon, :). I just ordered a copy.

and I know more games doesn't equal more people. I wonder if I can get sponsors around the university of madtown, its worth a shot.

oro is a ***. needed to get that out

Being established as an org. on campus meant we could get a school sponsor for something. I forget the details about it, but another thing to look into in future.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Being established as an org. on campus meant we could get a school sponsor for something. I forget the details about it, but another thing to look into in future.
I LIKE IT. I'll ask about it at monday's org meeting.

stayed up ALL NIGHT watching ff6 tas which is like 4 hours. now I'm gonna watch ff4 tas video... I need a hobby or a major, :(

LightsOutAce

Smash Ace
You need a department or full-time staff member to sponsor you, but we're not academics related, so that's going to be hard to procure. We needed a sponsor to hold events in the union with more than a few non-students, which is why I got Carson's instead. If you're talking about applying for funding, the process is long and tedious and not worth it since we don't have anything to spend the money on.

Top Bottom