• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WI Thread

Hey all,

My name is Zhea and I am a melee Falcon main from Central New York. Due to my job hunt there is a strong possibility I will soon be moving to Madison. So my question is what's the melee smash scene like out here?
Loaded question. Regularity of play? Number of people? Skill? Its got it all.

You guys really dont like falco
If the angel of death has a face, it would be Falco.
are you applying to epic? there are a few smashers who work/have worked there
Luckily those that worked there were not the ones who got cheesed off.

chansen

Smash Lord
Hey, I live in Madison... And I don't remember being invited to any such events. I have to resort to kicking the ***** of scrubs that i work with.

I may not be the most serious (or sober) smasher but I'd like to return to the scene that got me into fighting games.

Also, if anyone wants to play SSF4AE2012 or SFxT2012 or UMVC I'm down as well.

My cell: 6086691649

Mundungu

Smash Lord
We should be playing again next week, not sure what happened yesterday.

We'll prob be getting more into P:M next week, since there's a P:M major in Chicago next month.

ckmadison

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, I'm a student in UW-Madison that loves Melee.

I'm not that good, but I follow the scene and I'm a huge fan of the game. I'd love to play with great players and get stomped for a while so I can improve! (My friends I play with are all casuals so they don't really force me to improve my game, for example I don't need to wavedash to beat them so I don't even though I could...)

I'm also old enough to drink, and very laid back. I'd love to shoot the **** with fellow melee players!

Hi, Welcome. As stated above, we usually meet at Sam, ryan, matt's, apartment on thursdays, so you should stop by sometime. I'm over at Liz Waters.

Tski

Smash Rookie
Is there going to be another Madison tourney again soon? I was able to make it to the last one n had a blast & would definitely go to another.

:phone:

chansen

Smash Lord
There are two seasons in madison, winter and construction.

I haven't attended yet due to travel issues and the fact that i was already hosting my own fight night on thursdays and im having a hard time deciding if i should try to reschedule that or get rid of it altogether. my last fight night went horrible so maybe ill just get rid of it. but don't count me out, i swear ill make it eventually.

Dr Insaniack

Smash Cadet
Assuming you guys are having your Thursday Smash, and I am invited, I think I will be able to make it this week (pending work). I have played smash since 64, and only mostly casual. I can bring a setup if it would help.

john!

Smash Hero
i got bored of the melee hype stream and started browsing twitch... some wisconsin smashers clearly have reputations

this is from a random dude's ocarina stream:

and this is from lonejedi's "speedrun" of mario galaxy 2:

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
Assuming you guys are having your Thursday Smash, and I am invited, I think I will be able to make it this week (pending work). I have played smash since 64, and only mostly casual. I can bring a setup if it would help.
If it isn't my sworn nemesis Dr. Insaniack up to no good. My powers have doubled since last you picked up the sticks, you will be no match for me! hahahahahhaaha

Do people still want a tourney on the 9th? Ace seems like he doesn't want it, but we still have the room in Dejope 1110 from 11am to 11pm. Same place as last time.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
This smash tag is almost as good as dantepizza.

chansen

Smash Lord
Im tryna make it tonite!

Sidenote: Anyone know why the boards keeps logging me out? it happens at least a couple of time per visit.

G

genkaku

milwaukee is hard at work on our new invention

this time next year, #basedquaz will be winning tournaments going all mario in bracket. And when he loses to a zelda player there will be no rage 'cause the new #basedquaz doesn't give no ****s.
Also when he is finally able to change his sig it will say something cool and positive.

he's still demanding money matches when he loses a set, but it's a work in progress

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
milwaukee is hard at work on our new invention

this time next year, #basedquaz will be winning tournaments going all mario in bracket. And when he loses to a zelda player there will be no rage 'cause the new #basedquaz doesn't give no ****s.
Also when he is finally able to change his sig it will say something cool and positive.

he's still demanding money matches when he loses a set, but it's a work in progress
Too bad Kels is quitting, lmao.
GGs Quaz

Also, can I get a good player fund so I can come to IMDB?
I'll bring Chris...

Top Bottom