• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wi-Fi Plaza :: Battle Request Thread

Player-4

See you in 25 years
This is your battle thread. Ask for matches, post your Friend Codes, and get your friendlies in :)!

Standard Rules:

Sleep clause:
You can't use sleep inducing moves on an opponent's Pokémon when there's another Pokémon on his/her team asleep. Yawn can't be used to PseudoHaze (make opponent switch) when there's another Pokémon asleep caused by you. When the asleep Pokémon awakens or faints, you're free to make another Pokémon of his/her team asleep. Sleep caused by Effect Spore or Rest are excluded from Sleep Clause.

Species clause:
You can't use two of the same Pokémon in a team. I.E. 2 Scizors.

Evasion clause:
You can't use moves that increases your evasion. Avoid the use of Acupressure, it has 1/7 chance to double your evasion.

Self-KO clause:
This clause covers two things. First, when you and your opponent have only one Pokémon left, if you use Explosion or Self-Destruct, you automatically lose. Also, if you use Destiny Bond, with your last Pokémon, and your opponents last Pokémon faints you, you still lose. This clause was made to stop matches from ending in a tie. Recoil moves (Brave Bird, Double-edge, etc.), however, are excluded from this rule.

OHKO clause:
You are strictly prohibited of using OHKO moves. They are Guillotine, Horn Drill, Fissure and Sheer Cold.

Ubers clause:
The current Uber list is [it is subject to change]:

Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys (all forms)
Dialga
Garchomp
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Latias
Latios
Lugia
Manaphy
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Shaymin-S
Wobbuffet
Wynaut

No Hacks:
You cannot use Pokemon with illegal moves or stats (999 in all stats or something ridiculous). Legal Pokesav is fine.

No Hax Items*:
These are all the items that rely on luck to activate: Brightpowder, Focus Band, King's Rock, Lax Incense, Quick Claw, Razor Fang, Razor Claw, Scope Lens, Lansat Berry, Stick, and Lucky Punch.

*Hax items are not actually banned in standard rules, though they are frowned upon. However, if you do not want your opponent using hax items, just ask for a "Standard (insert tier here), no hax items" and you're set to go!

Time Zones:
Here's a list of the regulars and their time zones for competitive and/or reference purposes:

rockem7: EST
roacherman: EST
charmander1065: EST
Terywj: EST
RuNNing Riot: GMT
Silent Verse: Mountain
Writer Kupo: EST
Gates: EST
Riddle: EST
Sir Bedevere: EST
ss118: EST
CRASHiC: EST
kirbyraeg: Pacific
Majority: EST
supermarth64: EST
Cease Tick: EST
Wave+: CST
UltiMario: EST
xLeafybug =D: EST
IceArrow: EST
The Real Gamer: EST
Bowser_Gangsta: EST
Mood4Food77: EST
FYC ChiboSempai: EST
Meta-Kirby: EST
Moozle: CST
The Wrath of Koarin: EST

ss118

Smash Master
Give a really good reason "hax" items shouldn't be allowed? Sure they take away from skill, and they are fairly inconsistent, but that's up to the user to make those choices: if I decide to use Brightpowder on, say DDTar, I may have a chance of getting past Scizor 10% of the time: on the other hand, if I use Leftovers with proper support I can increase those chances and if I want to make it 100% of the time I use Babiri Berry.

On a different note, I really want Quick Claw on shoddy.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
I built a thread like this, the wi-fi batle park. It was like this except it wasnt strictly limited to OU, we were allowed to use ubers if both participants agreed to it.
Im glad you made this though, I really am :)

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
My friend code is 0088 4769 3601.

Just message me here on SWF so we can try to schedule a match.

Also, why is Palkia's name bold?

Phir3

Smash Apprentice
I'm up for a battle if anyone wants to.

FC: 0088-4889-6292

I am pretty new to the competitive scene so don't expect much.

I use legal hacks BTW, though I did not hack EV or IVs.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Give a really good reason "hax" items shouldn't be allowed? Sure they take away from skill, and they are fairly inconsistent, but that's up to the user to make those choices: if I decide to use Brightpowder on, say DDTar, I may have a chance of getting past Scizor 10% of the time: on the other hand, if I use Leftovers with proper support I can increase those chances and if I want to make it 100% of the time I use Babiri Berry.

On a different note, I really want Quick Claw on shoddy.
It's up to the person asking for a match to say "no hax items", I forgot to add the "optional" to the side of it. But seriously dude, if you don't think hax items are ban worthy then lol. Just use some common sense. Brightpowder Gliscor in SS, Kings Rock Togekiss/Rachi, Scope-lens Superluck Honchkrow? Do any of these sound ******** yet? Lol why take the little bit of skill in this already super luck based same and ruin it? I don't want a repeat of our Metagross leads argument so I'll drop it all here lol. Btw, did you try out my Gross variant?

I built a thread like this, the wi-fi batle park. It was like this except it wasnt strictly limited to OU, we were allowed to use ubers if both participants agreed to it.
Im glad you made this though, I really am :)
It's not restricted to OU, I may add the tiers for everything else. But again, if you want an Uber, UU, NU, etc. style match then have at it :).

My friend code is 0088 4769 3601.

Just message me here on SWF so we can try to schedule a match.

Also, why is Palkia's name bold?
Just a **** up, no specific reason why his name is bold.

ss118

Smash Master
Common sense is stupid.

If you looked at the actual numbers, you'd see that really your chances aren't "********", and are in fact inferior generally if you had just used a more "standard", or consistent, item.

The only truly good "hax" items are Brightpowder, Quick Claw, and Starf Berry.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I actually forgot how you turn on a DS for a moment there. I am so ashamed. :cry:

We gonna do this on D/P/Platinum/HG/SS?

I'd prefer D/P/Platinum, but I can dredge up something from HGSS if you want.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
1461 5544 4548

I'm looking to get back into this HARDCORE.

My play times are... odd... But my job sometimes offers a chance to be able to go on (usually at night. I work at a hotel now, and after about 7pm, it's DEAD).

PM me/talk with me in here. Looking forward to getting back into this. :)

A_man13

Smash Master
Quite empty.

1247 4937 7347. I used to have this memorized when I was playing wifi on Serebii (I know, 90% of them are completely incompetent who think a roar of time dialga is fitting in an OU environment). I'm a little rusty, so it won't be a super high caliber match. Good luck.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Sorry about that, got caught up in another thread.

Registered you. Now, let me get my team ready and we can get going. :)

EDIT: Heh, that worked out well for me. :laugh:' ggs A_man, I'll need to actually get off my *** and make a proper OU team instead of scrounging all the time.

A_man13

Smash Master
GG, man. You seem to have a pretty good team set up.

If you want, I can always provide a rematch. :p

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
GG, man. You seem to have a pretty good team set up.
Lol, I have no Steels on that team, there's no way it can be a good setup because of that. :chuckle:

Besides, that team was just simply some other Pokes from the mono-type teams I have thrown together in one huge mish-mash, since I have no real OU designed team. There's absolutely no synergy between them at all.

Nah, no rematches for now. Gotta go see E3!!! :)

A_man13

Smash Master
I hardly even know how my team works let alone how to use it any more. I haven't truely played pokemon for well over a year now and this just happens to be what works best (at least, from what I've EV'd).

Anyone else wanna Wifi?

A_man13

Smash Master
I'd try...if death wasn't imminant. My wishmaker Jirachi has swept Uber users before, but that was against people who thought that Hyper beam was "OMG teh mots pwniest moev eva!" and had grammar at about that level to boot.

Anyone else wanna wifi?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah ok.

Well, so far I haven't beat the elite 4 yet. (I just got the game like a week ago) I'm almost there though, at the last gym. :3

So, play me? Probably like a free battle for now, since I don't really know much of the competitive scene. But I do know the rules and I have re-read them. I want to play natural, but since my highest level is a level 40 pokemon, I wouldn't mind just setting the automatic lvl 50 or 100 setting thing... lol.

: D

3309 8548 0758 is my friend code. : D

oh, and I didn't know about quick claw. Haha I have other items I can use though. Maybe a berry. : D

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Maybe instead of having individual member and timezone lists, who not compile all the members under respective timezones, like all the ESTs together, etc.

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
Will somebody with either an Entei, Suicune, or Raikou battle me? I really want to get them into my pokedex. Friend code: 4640-7439-6728

Mewter

Smash Master
If ubers is okay, then sure, I have time to kill.

My only team is an ubers team, so yeah.
Yeah, ubers is fine. :)

I might be mixing and matching ubers with some of my other Pokemon, if that's okay with you?

How many hours from now would you prefer? I won't be available for at least one or two hours, but I'm mostly open after that.

Top Bottom