• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wi-Fi + Marth dittos = Lollerskates (Videos inside)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Ike is solid challenged me to a Marth ditto a while back. In my spare time, I had finally organized some time to duel him.

Yet how ignorant I was that this was no ordinary match...

it was Wi-Fi.

VietGeek & Ike is Solid versus Wi-Fi Johns

Match 1
Match 2
Match 3
Match 4

There were more, but I got tired of pressing replay since my Toon Link sucks online, and footage of me playing:

Falco, Fox, Meta Knight, Kirby, Sheik, and Ike was too horrendous for the Internet.

e__

Smash Ace
After watching the first match, I notice that IIS never uses side b to recover :(

The first time you use it in the air it makes around the same horizontal difference as shieldbreaker, but usually over less time because it comes out and ends faster, and because of it's slight vertical improvement that it has that shieldbreaker doesn't have, unless the shieldbreaker is fully charged it's generally more beneficial. It's never bad to throw in ONE dancing blade in a recovery.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
After watching the first match, I notice that IIS never uses side b to recover :(

The first time you use it in the air it makes around the same horizontal difference as shieldbreaker, but usually over less time because it comes out and ends faster, and because of it's slight vertical improvement that it has that shieldbreaker doesn't have, unless the shieldbreaker is fully charged it's generally more beneficial. It's never bad to throw in ONE dancing blade in a recovery.
What? Side b doesn't give you any horizontal distance at all. You use it to stall, or give you vertical distance after a jump.

e__

Smash Ace
notice I said "difference".

It gives you a small vertical boost the first time you use it in the air, and with DI added into that it makes the same difference as a shieldbreaker horizontally, but it gives you more vertical leway because you don't plummet when you use it.

I would also recommend fairing through the stage against people who love to edgeguard too close.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
For a more positive comment:

You used Shield Breaker rather well. I mean you overused it and I took the hits not concerned too much because it decayed, but you used it to out range all my attacks. Yay?

Aside from me spamming smashes, not using Dolphin Slash as much, and rolling and triangle jumping more than usual, that's how I play Marth dittos generally. Feel free to comment on any of us. We both need some help on this fair match-up.

nopuns

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Half second delay. He was playing too risky offstage. Bad on Wi-Fi naturally.

Plus we went to Lylat. Eww.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Solid don't finish DB combo if you didn't make the first hit. No point and sets you up for punishment. Also solid I think you rolled way too much especially in the 4th match.

Also Viet nice use of d-throw>f-smash

Marth dittos are funny.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Thanks a lot guys, it helps and thanks Viet, I know I overused Shield Breaker, but I tend to do that more on Wi-Fi, and yes, I recover better off of Wi-Fi, and yes, I suck at recovering on Lylat.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
D-throw to f-smash at 0% is guaranteed I believe. I do not know they highest % where this combo is guaranteed but would highly appreciate it.

Desire

Smash Journeyman
D-throw to f-smash at 0% is guaranteed I believe. I do not know they highest % where this combo is guaranteed but would highly appreciate it.
No, its guaranteed on only certn chrcters. Ex. MK, D3 , ..

marth dittos, marth can DI away from it. so i suggest f throw to DB or F air

VietGeek

Smash Hero
your marths are great but what no DI traps:laugh:
On Smashville, I tried to juggle trap him, but the platform saved him, lol.

Also there was a campier battle where I grabbed released him off FD and he gimped himself.

<_<

Seriously, they didn't think things through when they made some of these stages unless they just like to screw with people not using characters with OP recoveries.

No, its guaranteed on only certn chrcters. Ex. MK, D3 , ..

marth dittos, marth can DI away from it. so i suggest f throw to DB or F air
Yeah, you can DI away from it just slightly.

Top Bottom