• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whyd ya choose G&W?

Mr.Game_and_Watch

Smash Apprentice
I chose him as my main cause he reminded me of my fav comic book superhero
The Mask who's superpower was bein able to be like a cartoon character and do almost anything. which is pretty much like Mr.G&W

Also thats why i make my g&w green

rockmace

Smash Apprentice
I choosd it in back in melee because everyone else hated it because is not a pretty boy with a sword. So I began using him as a weapon of mass destruction very irritating, so I ended up turning him into, imagine , a spiked nuclear missile with a clown nose.

amazingly frustrating for everyone

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Everyone thinks he sucks because his sounds are annoying and he looks goofy. All the funnier when you destroy them! Also, Game & Watch Gallery 2 was my first ever game.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
He is my second, and I've liked him since melee. I could never win back in melee as him, as all I did was spam chef,bellowing, "BACON!"

Also, in brawl, I like in intuitivity.

HammerWang

Smash Apprentice
my g&w origins is when my friends used to bring a cube n melee to school n we played it out
n after 1 of my friends got super competitive n whooped my *** with my favorite characters, a friend n i jus started messing around with the 1s no one ever used
my friend used game & watch n i saw that he was alright
after that i began to learn all his moves and found out that parachute just ***** EVERY SINGLE THING THAT CAME INTO CONTACT WITH IT!!!!

so then at school i jus 'chuted every1 n yelled out "EQUALIZER!!!!!" whenever i got my revenge kills haha

since then ive been the g&w main of my smash club
so now i gotta keep that rep up
plus white game & watch looks criminal haha
n plus more mind games cuz u dunno if u have oil bucket full :D

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
I started using him in melee. I like him for the fact that he is an odd character and his moves are unpredictable. In brawl thogugh I am trying to decide on whether or not to main Snake with G&W as second or the other way around.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I literally thought he was the best character in the game back in Melee. And I wanted to use someone who people didn't like to use.

Now I'm not only using someone who is fairly overlooked, he's now literally like the best character in the game. XD

Plus, he's awesome. Like seriously. G&W is so iconic. Like Mario.

Ilex

Smash Ace
I like G&W because he's a little off-beat from the other characters. In all honesty, what other character can through tuna at you or lift up a manhole out of no where? It's why I like G&W, he's the most original character there is.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i picked him in melee for purely comic relief one day, and to annoy the crap out of the other people i was playing with by his taunt. But to my suprise, I liked playing as him. Not only that, none of my other friends will touch him even for a random game, so only I use him. Top that with the fact that he got buffed a crapload from melee, and he's moved into near top-main status

Tables

Smash Cadet
Annoying people came first, but then I learned to love his quirky attacks. I mean, he has a turtle and frying pan and stuff! Thats awesome.
G&W is kinda my 'light' character, ROB is my 'heavy (or closest to it)' character.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I've been playing G&W since melee as a second, the fact that he owns in brawl is total coincidence.

That_Move_is_Key

Smash Cadet
I played him in melee because of his manhole, only picking him up a few months ago. Then I fell in love with just about every one of his moves, now even more.

Delere

Smash Rookie
I don't play him often, but when I do, it's so I can spam his fsmash and whenever I kill someone yell "YOU JUST GOT TORCHED"

good times, good times...

Steck

Smash Journeyman
1. He has a special charm to him. I don't know why but the cartoony yet simplistic look appeals to me.
2. I remembered Game & Watch Gallery from the days when i first got gameboy
3. One of his moves is throwing bacon/sausage.

deathdefier

Smash Rookie
I hardly used him in Melee but the day after it came out I was facing my friend who uses him and I noticed some things changed about him and then i just played him and no one else and eventually got decent with him. It's funny because if I tell a casual player in my school I use G&W they say that he sucks and I just laugh at them.

Sw0rd

Smash Cadet
I chose G&W back in melee because his moves were kind of unpredictable and most people thought he was useless. Now that he got buffed in brawl there's no point in not using him, plus he's just awesome.

napZzz

Smash Hero
His random moveset confuses people and hes funny, oh and hes just plain good

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
He was always mah boi for low tier fights in Melee. Sure, I sucked something bad with him and got totally destroyed, but I always had a ton of fun playing him.

Somehow he's just more fun to play in Brawl, even if I still get destroyed when I play.

But then... I've been enjoying this game a lot more now that I stopped trying to be good and just started having fun. Probably why 'random' is technically my main just because I select it the most.

Carouselambra

Smash Rookie
1. i played him in melee for a good while

2. among the people i play with, no one else ever plays as him

3. turtle

4. ability to say keyed, fish bowled, matched, parachuted, bucketed, hammered, manholed, juggled, chaired, flagged, boxed, and baconed. and if you do it for every attack that connects it annoys the hell out of the opponent.

5. he is really good and fun to play

IJudgeUponThee

Smash Rookie
Ring Ring Ring
and Bacon o.o and hes very versatile at first he seems like a pretty avg char but when you get his moves down hes pretty unaverage in the way hes played and there isnt only one way to play him some people play with his foward B hoping for 9s some dont

aidz2yaface

Smash Rookie
He's fast, he's got strong knockback on a lot of his attacks, his attacks are quirky and weird, and in Brawl he has that amazing mint color. Also I just love playing as a character whose primary sounds are "EEEEEEHHNNKKK"

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
I don't overall main or second him, but I play as him alot. Hes so cool and I just love his beep beep beeeeep sound, aside from uniqueness and underplayed by my pals! From melee I always enjoyed him:).

Top Bottom