• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why you play as Mario?

NullVortex

Smash Apprentice
Deep in the Middle of I-Suck-At-MeleeVille
I like Mario becasue he is intuitive for me. He's easy to handle and fun to play. What other reason do I need. Besides, he's a pimp. Just look at those breakdancing moves, that super pose with the up angled fsmash, and that wicked hat. :laugh:

Although he does need that KO potential looked at. And firebomb, if you can kill them with a dsmash...they are probably at a high percent and at high levels of play, the quicker the kill the better (or maybe DI'ed incorrectly I don't know). If you charge an fsmash and release it in their face, they are probably stupid, unless it was a very short charge period.

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
FireBomb said:
No KO potential? Do you even damage the person before trying to kill him or her? Dude you can BREAKDANCE a guy into a KO. You can freakin fsmash charge (looks like kamehameha) and blast them off. This is MARIO, why would you not like a move like that? If i don't kill them its because well MAYBE I DON'T WANT TO. I like to toy with the enemy because they can't get me anyways. Scorch them, juggle them, get some coinage, it's a lot of mindgames because you can never tell what he'll do next. I've stuck with him through the smash 64 days where he was just as awesome. The only 2 tournaments I've been to have only had one mario each: ME. It felt so good winning the first round and seeing mario step up and show people that he is a force to be reckoned with. The classics will never die!!

He has no KO potential because you have to damage someone so much just to KO someone. If you can KO people with a D smash, they must be at insanely high percentages. Mario doesn't have any attacks that match the knockback of attacks like Marth's tippered F smash, Jigglypuff's Rest, Fox's U smash, Falco's D air, Dr.Mario's F smash, Luigi's F air, Peach's D smash, Falcon's F air, and Marth's D air.

Those attacks can kill so early, yet all of Mario's attacks cannot. Well, Mario's F smash is a decent kill move, but it MUST be sweetspotted. Making it extremely unreliable as a KO move.

And it doesn't look like kamehameha either, Mario only uses 1 hand when he uses that attack.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
All I have to do is get them off the stage...After that, I just don't let them back...

My friends fail to DI like I do so maybe they're giving me false hope.

I meant only the charge up looks like kamehameha, not the actual attack...

Twig

Smash Journeyman
All I have to do is get them off the stage...After that, I just don't let them back...

My friends fail to DI like I do so maybe they're giving me false hope.

I meant only the charge up looks like kamehameha, not the actual attack...
Versus Good Opponents edgeguarding wont be so simple, as in Shiek's invincibility frames or a good Samus, and yes Mario DOES lack KO power. I play Mario because i suck at ssbm and hes the only person i can actually do decent vs others with. Another words, people just dont know how to face him.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I wanna post somethin' here but I'll get flamed by KevinM sooo....I won't

Tujex

Smash Ace
I like him because he's a decent character who's not overused. He has amazing combo ability, and playing as him shows how much raw skill you have than using most other characters.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I play as Mario because he has good combos, fits my style, am a Mario fan, and he's an average character so he's not too good but at the same time not too bad. Just right for me. :)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
..Why do I play Mario, well, cause I am good with him. Just like other characters I use. I am good with them.
Mario is easy to adapt to and his cape is teh shizzle! He is a good character all around. That is why I play Mario.

-PM-

Smash Ace
i play mario cause out of every character that can be yellow hes the best LOL

yellow = mario, yoshi, kirby, roy, ness, and both pika's

Aayla

Smash Cadet
I main mario because it's fun to use. You can make 1000 different combination when you play with him and you have to use both techniques and mindgames. He's balanced XD

JumpMan_Punk

Smash Journeyman
I main mario because he's the underdog. There so many ways to be creative with him it's godly. Every mario main I played against is completely different from the next so it's very inspiring.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
i play mario because im a mario fan, he's basically like raw untapped potential for smash, he's a combo machine lol, and nobody uses him in texas, besides scav, but he's like invisible now anyway lol

mario can do anything:)

mario-man

Smash Lord
Awww forget KevinM!!!

I use Mario cuz he a BEAST!!!!

And also cuz he is the second or third most underrated character in the game. Meaning he is better than everyone thinks, in case you didn't catch my drift.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Awww forget KevinM!!!

I use Mario cuz he a BEAST!!!!

And also cuz he is the second or third most underrated character in the game. Meaning he is better than everyone thinks, in case you didn't catch my drift.
I don't flame you, i just mainly tell you to stop posting when you spit out tires don exit.. sorry but they do

Anyways

Can we just comment on my uber bump skill?

mario-man

Smash Lord
Tires do exits

There. I said it KevinM. Ya happy now. I just have to say that some characters are underrated. Other than that, they DO exist.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
No not really, don't try and impress me with one simple thing, i just personally think you should learn a lot more about the game before you post...

Eggz lets have a grillfest aww yeaa

mario-man

Smash Lord
Whatever man. I'm not really trying to impress you. Just to be friendly and get you to stop EATING ME ALIVE. JSYK I have learned alot about this game in the past oh, say....9 months. So before you start practically flaming me cuz I'm "stupid and should stop posting", I've only had the game since Christmas. Oh, and why doesn't Eggz say I'm stupid??.........

-PM-

Smash Ace
yeaa i know i just like makin fun of a couple of smash friends =D lol

but being off topic is fun but sometimes its just dumb

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
i say you mm him mario man, thats how men settle their problems.
That made me imagine two angry lumberjacks playing smash in a bar while grunting all manly-like.

I would love to see either that or the proposed mario-man vs. KevinM moneymatch. If that ever happens KevinM, you should try to use nothing but the fortress and the Klaw.

Top Bottom