• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why would they make Wolf the hardest character to unlock?

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why Wolf would be the last and most difficult character to unlock. I mean, nobody who has the game has unlocked him yet, but they unlocked all the other characters in a flash. Makes me wonder if there are more then 35 characters. Why would it be easy to unlock every character except ONE? And what makes Wolf so special that Sakurai would make him the exception?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
But Mewtwo was actually a wow omg...big name character...Wolf is just a guy we've barely seen do anything sorta villain in Star Fox, not mention Fox and Falco are already similar enough.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
We don't know what you have to do to unlock these characters...just wait and see.

We could have like 5 more guys and they could be hard to unlock, we don't know.

Also, yeah Mewtwo was really popular, but just because YOU don't like Wolf doesn't mean anything, he would be a wtf character for some players.

You people have to remember the game makers are not catering to YOUR wants, he is catering to the community in generals wants.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Dunno, but it's gonna be him. Jigglypuff was unlocked on the live stream at 90%, and we're at 91% now and 34 characters unlocked. Just enough room for 36 on the SSE box, but if it's odd, it won't matter and will likely be a 35 character roster after the next 9%.

That 9% will probably be Wolf. They've been right about ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY everything else thus far...there'd be no reason for it not to be so.

Since Falco's a semi-clone of Fox, I'm really holding out for Wolf to be something special. We know his FS will be different, at least. Team Star Wolf doesn't have an answer to the Land Master that I'm aware of.

We don't know what you have to do to unlock these characters...just wait and see.

We could have like 5 more guys and they could be hard to unlock, we don't know.
We do know. There's only room for 36 in SSE, and we know for a fact that if all these characters are SSE playable, even the ones that do not fit in whatsoever, can be played in SSE, that it can be concluded that SSE can be played with all characters on the roster. Therefore, we're maxing out at 36, but we can assume it's 35 because the leaks have been 110% right thus far. Right down to the position of the portraits on the character select screen.

A new bunch of magical characters aren't going to pop up that are inexplicably not able to be used in SSE. There's 35 characters in this game. No more, no less.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Maybe he's easy and people just don't know how to unlock him, the other characters are unlocked just by playing SSE.

That, or he is an Godly being of untold power. Wich would be awesome.

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
It's really simple to me. I just don't trust the internet, and know there will be more than that **** '35 ImtheGod roster' said. Why would Fox get two clones, especially since one of his color changes LOOKS like Wolf?

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Hmm, PwnyRide brought this up with me and I am surprised no one has thought of it.

34 shown characters, Shiek via Zelda morph (35), Zamus via final smash or alternate method (36). As much as I hate to say it, the only chance Wolf has of appearing is if the roster is 48 people.

edit:
This looks shooped, I can tell by the satellite trash and that I've shooped alot of woops in my life.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Maybe he's easy and people just don't know how to unlock him, the other characters are unlocked just by playing SSE.

That, or he is an Godly being of untold power. Wich would be awesome.
Something's popping up at 100%. Jiggly came at 90%, and she's been around and has been easiest to unlock for freakin' forever. Yet she's the second hardest to unlock here? It doesn't mean anything. It may have to do with which stages you clear on your way to finishing SSE. It's non-linear, from the looks of things.

So to unlock X, beat stages W, Y, and Z. That kind of thing. This particular leaker just happened to be last on Wolf. It would explain why some leakers got, say, Toon Link first, but Captain Falcon much later, while some got Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, and THEN Toon Link.

34 shown characters, Shiek via Zelda morph (35), Zamus via final smash or alternate method (36).

As much as I hate to say it, the only chance Wolf has of appearing is if the roster is 48 people.
Er...no. they aren't magically seperate so we can justify a bigger roster. The number's 35. We see Zelda and Samus alone on the SSE list that you can play as. It's that simple.

Besides, JustABill just confirmed it.

Another freakin Fox clone? They can do better than that.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Isn't that the same picture as the one with Falco with picture and color switched...?

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity and paranoia of there not being a 35th character, did melee show a pop-up that told you that you've unlocked all the characters? I'm starting to get worried...

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
I really think it's funny how all these pictures come out two days before Brawl comes out. What's more...

TWO clones of FOX? And they all have Landmaster? Bull! They've been making this game for three years, the game was delayed twice, do you REALLY think they were SO lazy that they'd make two obvious clones... when they promised there WEREN'T going to be clones?

*pant pant* Sorry, venting tourette outburst!

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
I really think it's funny how all these pictures come out two days before Brawl comes out. What's more...

TWO clones of FOX? And they all have Landmaster? Bull! They've been making this game for three years, the game was delayed twice, do you REALLY think they were SO lazy that they'd make two obvious clones... when they promised there WEREN'T going to be clones?

Well, you're slowly coming out of the denial phase.

It's ok, we'll get you through this.

****ty roster's ****ty. Good thing the GAME is going to be amazing, eh?

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Wait dont freak yet ppl, just because Wolf LOOKS like Fox....DOesnt measn he'll fight the same right??

Right?

Black/Light

Smash Master

He has not been comfirmed a clone yet. And Falco's moves have yet to be leaked wholely (He already has 2 guns and a B move that throws his shine along with rumors of his N air and one of his smashes being new.)

And bad a**ness is here. . .

Real? Never seen him look like this. . .

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Wait dont freak yet ppl, just because Wolf LOOKS like Fox....DOesnt measn he'll fight the same right??

Right?

Let's not jump to conclusions.

Just wait. Wait and see. His FS may be the same, maybe because they dont wanna play around with anymore aerial based moves.

:/

But it looks like he'll be an all out clone, yup.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
I dont trust users who post 28 times a day.

that's some pretty bad photoshopping too.
Ok.

Let's entertain the possibility that it's photoshopped.

The last character is still Wolf because MarkMan and Reno simply aren't wrong. Never are. Bet a ban on it. and have been right about every single character, except for ONE that is so iconic that they couldn't possibly screw up?

WOLF IS THE LAST CHARACTER. THERE ARE 35 CHARACTERS.

This is just getting frustrating now. Stop living in denial and enjoy the freaking game.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
Dunno, but it's gonna be him. Jigglypuff was unlocked on the live stream at 90%, and we're at 91% now and 34 characters unlocked. Just enough room for 36 on the SSE box, but if it's odd, it won't matter and will likely be a 35 character roster after the next 9%.

That 9% will probably be Wolf. They've been right about ABSO-FREAKIN-LUTELY everything else thus far...there'd be no reason for it not to be so.

Since Falco's a semi-clone of Fox, I'm really holding out for Wolf to be something special. We know his FS will be different, at least. Team Star Wolf doesn't have an answer to the Land Master that I'm aware of.

We do know. There's only room for 36 in SSE, and we know for a fact that if all these characters are SSE playable, even the ones that do not fit in whatsoever, can be played in SSE, that it can be concluded that SSE can be played with all characters on the roster. Therefore, we're maxing out at 36, but we can assume it's 35 because the leaks have been 110% right thus far. Right down to the position of the portraits on the character select screen.

A new bunch of magical characters aren't going to pop up that are inexplicably not able to be used in SSE. There's 35 characters in this game. No more, no less.
and why not? It would be alot easier to make a character truly 'secret' if they didn't have it show up in SSE at all. Sakurai said him self that not all characters would be unlocked through SSE.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
and why not? It would be alot easier to make a character truly 'secret' if they didn't have it show up in SSE at all. Sakurai said him self that not all characters would be unlocked through SSE.
But they'd logically all be playable in SSE. They wouldn't gimp certain characters out of the biggest freaking mode in the game, and its primary new selling point.

Every single character, down to effing Sonic is in there.

Look, it's over. There's 35 characters. Every leaker talking about said roster has been 100% correct. Down to the last detail.

Stop getting everyone's hopes up just so they'll be shot down. You're being counterintuitive.

Yeah, it said 'CONGRATULATIONS! You've unlocked all playable characters!'
Pic (Japanese text, obviously) so we can end this charade, please? Or are they going to talk about how that's a shop too so they can continue the BS that the biggest leak over the past several weeks is some GIANT CONSPIRACY to troll everyone when really it's just the truth and Sakurai had a different vision than everyone.

courte

Smash Lord
i had a gut feeling that falco would be in some vehicle like star ace pilot = arwing but no... land master tank...BUT WOLF TOO?!

Ketoe

Smash Rookie
Ok Listen!!! This Is Fake You Know How You Can Change Costumes?

This One Is A Alternate Costume!

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman

No it isn't.

Keep trying.

If it was, Wolf is still the final character. The 35 character leak is not wrong.

No one could have predicted ROB, except for the people that knew about the entire roster in the first place.

Time to face the facts.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord

I can't tell if you are trolling or just don't know what is going on and what has already been revealed.

Ketoe

Smash Rookie
Your kidding me right? You still belive thier is 35? Theirs was more then that.
Secret Ones

Ketoe

Smash Rookie
You got to be kidding me you still belive thier is only 35?
Secret ones!

Dais

Smash Cadet
Even if Falco & Wolf have a new ariel and a new move its still just plain lazy of them. They didn't design a new character from scratch they just repainted Fox and animated ONE new move. Thats more or less the "Smash definition" of a clone. Building a new look around someone else's animations.

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
Since when the frick did Wolf use Landmasters? Maybe I'm just late, but the Wolfen was a better choice.

Meh, if this is really real judging from the screenshots then I will feel kinda lament for Krystal's rejection unless the 35 character roster deal is all fake. Everyone knows it's real now, though.

Top Bottom