• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why were Mewtwo and Roy removed?

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
My friend asked at GDC but never got a straight answer. Why were they removed?

And did tFox contact his "Source" about the rumor yet?

B J

Smash Cadet
cuz the creators of this game felt like they should be not included. If thats not the answer u are looking for, i am sorry lol

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I wonder this too.. but from the look of things they just wanted to do the originals of the series plus the current character. Well.. idk. They just decided not to I guess. Which is disappointing.

Because they were terrible characters and deserved to go? Because Sakurai wanted them out?

LIFE IS FULL OF MYSTERIES

Smash-Master9009

Smash Journeyman
your an idiot ness was not removed!! and i think mewtwo and roy were removed because they are going to be downloadable characters!!

by the way want free wii stuff?? this really works i got 20 wii points yesterday! seriously not spam scam fake spake or any of that it actually works!

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Exactly. We have like 7 swordsmen in the game. How many sword-based movesets do you think they can make before it gets stale?

Doc users care about Doc. They don't like playing Mario or else they'd play Mario.

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
At least you've cut that Mewtwo-chan crap.

Mewtwo was removed because he is far less relevant to Pokemon as a whole than he was in 2001. (Yet he kept Jigglypuff for some odd reason... ><)
Roy was cut because he was only in to promote his new game, and is hardly relevant to Fire Emblem. I also hear he isn't very popular in Japan.

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
your an idiot ness was not removed!! and i think mewtwo and roy were removed because they are going to be downloadable characters!!

by the way want free wii stuff?? this really works i got 20 wii points yesterday! seriously not spam scam fake spake or any of that it actually works!

DLC was said to not happen by Sakurai himself. So...you theory is wrong.

Qlink

Smash Apprentice

Nintendo gave you 20 wii points because they felt sorry for you...For*cough* some reason*Cough*

Cheezball

Smash Ace

Advertisement. Again. You're the idiot. Read the rules. No advertising. He didn't know Ness was playable doesn't make a good reason to call him an idiot. Downloading characters has already been proven false already. It was announced only recently that they will be having DLC for games on the Wii. Sakurai didn't know that the Wii had a hard drive, which it would be impossible if the Wii didn't have a hard drive.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
Because Roy is a clone of Marth (I thought it was the other way around at first).And Lucario and Mewtwo are very similar and also Mewtwo is not very noticed anymore.They try to include Pokemon that had BIG movies that are current.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Exactly. We have like 7 swordsmen in the game. How many sword-based movesets do you think they can make before it gets stale?

Doc users care about Doc. They don't like playing Mario or else they'd play Mario.

Fencing, Two handed styles, Sword and board styles, Samurai like styles.

There are more then enought sword styles to choose from.

That being said I still want an Axe user lol.

Nameley Hector.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
I'm just sick of swords! This isn't Super Sword Bros.
No, its smash bros, were various Nintendo characters(Plus a few guests) beat eachother up. Its just so happens that quite a few of these characters wield swords.

But I do agree..

I miss Doc :(

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I'm just sick of swords! This isn't Super Sword Bros.
you do realize there are more fist-fighters then there are sword fighters, right?

There was no reason for roy or mewtwo to be removed.Roy was just as much of a clone as falco, and Mewtwo is way more well-known and unique then lamecario.
There's no reason. it's just another flaw with brawl's roster is all.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
you do realize there are more fist-fighters then there are sword fighters, right?

There was no reason for roy or mewtwo to be removed.Roy was just as much of a clone as falco, and Mewtwo is way more well-known and unique then lamecario.
There's no reason. it's just another flaw with brawl's roster is all.
Funny how you call 2 removed characters(who sucked) and who got replaced by 2 fresh characters(who are good) a flaw.

Truce

Smash Cadet
Naw, Sakurai just thought he could get away with their removal by including some alternatives. Lucario = New Mewtwo, Ike = New Roy. That way, the chars are updated for newer games in their respective series.

But basically, just laziness. :lick:

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Roy SUCKED as a Lord in his game
He SUCKED in Smash
And his game SUCKED..

Poor Roy:p

The dumb thing about Mewtwo is:

Anime Mewtwo is Hardcore, I mean, willing a typhoon into existance? omg?
Game(RPG) Mewtwo is a BEAST even today.
Smash Mewtwo SUCKED..

I hated that..

Top Bottom