• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Use a Bad Character?

Metall Kaos

Smash Rookie
-Which bad character do you play? Link
-Do you think your character is bad? I really don't. He is dastardly low on the tier list, but I think he could be higher.
-How did you come about to playing this character? I love all the Zelda games, and just enjoy his playstyle
-If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws? Because I feel like the flaws he has can be mitigated with careful play and knowing matchups.
-If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching? The only time that I stopped playing Link was because people I played with wanted me to play someone else. He has always been my main, but I would take breaks from him to keep it fun for others
-If you could go back in time to the point where you started using your bad character and had the ability to choose someone else at that point, would you? No way man, Link is awesome. My first main in SSB64, and never changed him, even knowing that he has always been considered one of the worst.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
-Which bad character do you play?

Luigi

-Do you think your character is bad?

Not really, he has an amazing aerial game. His recovery is good and his fireballs are a nice way to rack up damage.

-How did you come about to playing this character?

Well, it's basically a large history coming down to this.

My first game was Luigis Mansion. I always loved the game and it was the only game played. After giving up on GC and went PS2 I picked up new games, then went to Xbox, and just hated its games, so I switched to Wii. So my brother wanted NSMBW and then I realized Luigi was in it. It took me the first few levels to realize Luigi was in. So when I bought Brawl, I quickly unlocked Luigi and used him straight off. Well that's basically it :p

-If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws?

Because I feel Luigi can reach it to the top. I would never give up on him despite his flaws. He's an underrated character and deserves more appreciation. Have you seen Luigis chant? Only 3-4 people chanting -.-

He also has an amazing aerial game. Why doesn't anybody appreciate this? >:O

-If you could go back in time to the point where you started using your bad character and had the ability to choose someone else at that point, would you?

Nope, I specifically bought Brawl for Luigi.

-Feel free to add anything to this

Why doesn't anybody like Weegee? :(

SnowCold

Smash Apprentice

JigglyPAFF

NO. Well, not for her placement in the tier list. I think people just don't know how to play her. They try too much to play like mango puff from melee, instead of a more Hbox puff. Hbox puff still doesn't work as well, but if you tweak it a little to fit brawl's physics and mechanics, it works well. I think puff should be top low tier.

I really don't remember. I think I was just experimenting with low tiers and decided I kinda liked puff.

-If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws?

She's fine for low tiers. Also, I think jigglypuff's only positive match up is a great match up. ICs. The official match up is even, but I think it's a LEAST 60/40 puff. puff can avoid the grab so well, dodge any attempted Up-air, bair, nair, of fair and then just punish. Plus, most people know that for ICs, there are different weight timings. Light, medium, heavy, super heavy. Well people don't know that there's a SUPER light. Puff's cg timing has to be frame perfect with the back throw. the down throw gives very little time to react and position. and puff is the ONLY super light weight class. even g&w falls into light.

-If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching?

Well I don't use puff professionally. I use Pikachu, and am inbetween falco and marth atm. But puff is the only low tier i use.
-If you could go back in time to the point where you started using your bad character and had the ability to choose someone else at that point, would you?

no. I don't like any of the other low tiers. Even CF. He just feels so awkward. a speedy fast falling character feels funky with brawl's physics and slow pace. This is also why I can't use fox.

Puff should be higher on the tier list. Also, if you have trouble with ICs, get a pocket puff. You will win, I promise. Don't use puff against vinnie though, if he switches to g&w you're screwed. puff/g&w is like one of the worst match ups in the game. it's like 90/10 g&w.

sushifreAk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cyb3Rnite
3DS FC
4554-0880-9460
Mario, Captain Falcon

Not with enough skill, I guess

Mario is a versatile, well balanced character, while CF is a purely aggressive character that is also the manliest and the same time, most fabulous character in the whole roster.

I've gotten used to their playstyles. Plus, it's fun to beat people with "bad" characters. Mindgames, son.

No.

Pandie the pantie

Smash Cookie
NNID
atrociousPanda
Mostly :ganondorf: and :bowser2:

Not as horrible as :yoshi2:, but in situations that I'm going against :pit: 1v1, they can be very difficult to use. But no, they're not bad. Not Yoshi bad.

I've always dreamed of entering a Brawl tournament and at least placing 3rd, 2nd or 1st with the lowest possible tier character. Just to show some people that tiers do not matter in any game, despite their flaws. Plus, It's sometimes fun to be a d*ck and Ganoncide/Bowsercide my opponents :3 :pimp:

Because they're so much fun to use. I don't know what it is, but I find it very satisfying to win a match when someone is using a much MUCH higher tier character and they claim to be the "best in Brawl"

-If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching?

If I'm not using Ganondorf, I switch to either Bowser or Toon Link.

I would have probably used all the time I had to learn Ganondorf and Bowser to understand Yoshi and Wolf. They're just bad.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
I guess I could do another

Wolf

Hell no, although I do think he's the worst of the Space Animals.

I was randoming in friendlies and I got him. I tried him out and he was a pretty good fit for me.

He's the only character I like that isn't weak to Marth.

I switched to Wario not long after and don't regret it.

"Dude, I'm from the future. Here's the deal; USE A CHARACTER THAT ISN'T LITERALLY WALLED BY DEDEDE. Seriously, I hate that guy and all of your favorites get their **** slapped by him. Pick ****ing Pika or Zamus, they're pretty good against him and Marth, the latter of which will be the only character you use Wolf against, anyway."

UltimaLuminaire

NNID
UltimaLuminaire
:bowserbrawl:

Wouldn't be posting otherwise.

Have you seen videos of Luke and his Boozer? Have you played the Paper Mario games? Boozer is hilarious and Smash (Brawl) supports everything I've come to know of the character.

Luke; perfectly spaced fsmashes; down taunt; Mr. Eh (shame he no longer plays Boozer); satisfaction of playing a character that I love.

-If you've stopped using this char-
Never.

No. I'd bro-fist my younger self. I'd also mention the hilarious strings of profanity I'd hear from student centers and parties.

-Free talk
Come what may for Smash4, I'll still main Boozer. He's exactly what I need in my life. A Stomptologist.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

I use :lucas: and :ness: as co-mains.

I don't believe they'll break the mid-tier barrier. :( That said, their flaws are ones that can be compensated for and I do not believe they are 'bad' characters.

I used to use :ness: as a casual player in 64. When I came to Brawl, I decided i'd use :lucas: until I versed and got :ness:, then use him. However, when I DID get :ness:, I originally HATED him. His PKT2 didn't go nearly as far, he had no scream on his bat, no cheers when he absorbed something... what had they DONE to him?? So I decided that :lucas: was more like the original :ness: that i knew and went with him. Eventually I got really good with :lucas: and joined smashboards (for other reasons, though). At this time, I was gradually coming to accept what i originally thought were weaknesses to :ness:, weren't actually so bad. I started using him as a secondary and just recently I now consider him to be either an incredibly close secondary or a co-main.

I love the PSI kids. Their play-style, their characters, everything about them I love. I could never stop using them. There's another reason as well. I'm an Australian player. I use :lucas:. As you can imagine, I get a LOT of down-talk from people who think they're superior. I'm determined to prove that so long as you put the work in, it doesn't matter who you main or where you're from, you can achieve the win.

And you know what? So far, i've been successful.

No. I love my character's way too much. They're part of me. Not using them is as alien as not breathing, for me.

As I said, it doesn't matter where you're from or who you main. If you work hard enough, you CAN achieve the win. I'm practicing almost every-day and beating my bad match-ups, I think everyone should strive to do the same. Honestly at this point in time, any MU -2 or less is a 'meh' MU for me.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
-- I play
and Sonic mostly.

--Samus: Misunderstood character, I honestly don't find her bad.
--Sonic: Bad character... I've used him since the day the game debuted. Had a HARD TIME starting to win as him, and I STILL struggle to win as him nowdays. It's still kinda fun to play as him, although he's light and really hard to kill with.

--Samus: I got bored with ROB, so I picked Samus in its place. I slowly became a fan of Metroid (huge fan now), but I've always been a fan of characters with a good arsenal of moves, and missiles, bombs, grapplebeams, and an almost unmatched UP+B made me like her.
--Sonic: Been a Sonic fan since 1992-ish.

-Samus: Because I can find a way around most of her flaws, because I love impressing people with low-tier characters, and mostly... because it's a fun character to use for me, this is most important of all of course.
Some of her strengths make up for some of her weaknesses, like Samus' edge game which I find to be extremely rewarding in most cases.

--I only switched from ROB to Samus because: Rob doesn't have much of a personality.
He has no games, only a cameo in one of my favorite Nintendo games. I just got bored of him. It's regrettable that I switched because I happened to be a pretty respectable ROB. First I switched to my 2nd, Sonic, as my main... but I recently got bored with Sonic as well, and turned to Samus because I missed long range too. However... Samus is LOADS more fun to me, so in that sense, I have no regrets. I still manage to win most of the times as her. (Sonic is still my 2nd).

--Well, I switched from a bad character to a worse character, so I don't know. I still like Samus a LOT more than ROB, even though I know this decision hindered a lot of KOing potential. (Still, the tools I got with her are enough to KO, i'd say)

--I want to learn to play as Zero Suit Samus because I love Metroid, but even though she's higher on the tier list, I'd only use her for one or two matchups which I know I'm going to struggle for a long time (mostly Falco and Olimar), Power Suit Samus will still be my main, though, I don't think this will change now that I'm so into Metroid.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Jigglypuff.

Yeah, she's pretty terrible.

Along with Kirby she's by far the character I enjoy playing the most, and I like maining the two puffballs. Plus she's the only Pokémon character I play, so she represents one of my favorite series.

Because it's fun and rewarding.

Nope.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Let me say this: the tier list is a ranking system that predicts how good players will place in a tournament based on past RESULTS

Therefore anyone who really wants to argue against the tier list is almost baseless because the tier list is just the result of survival of the fittest. Low tier does not however necessarily mean bad.
So when a character is say, 27th on the tier list you have to ask yourself.
  1. Does everyone else except you suck with that character?
  2. Or is it more likely that the character is not up to par with the rest of the cast?
  3. Are you so good that you can beat good players with good characters with somone who has extreme flaws?

That being said, there are reason to play bad a low tier characters.

Metaknight = speed, power, very good move set, ridiculous recovery, gimping power, super hard to gimp, disjointed hitbox
Captain falcon = good running speed, 3-ish good attacks, killing moves are extremely slow or hard to land, bad recovery, very gimp able

Captain Falcon

Yes, he is not good at all. At best he is comparatively bad.

Just the fun factor, he's always been cool

If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws?

Just for fun, I don't use him seriously unless I am confident I can beat who I am playing

If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching?

I main Marth and always have, I also enjoy playing him

Nah my bad character is just a bad character. It's not all that serious, not anymore not less.

Akaku94

Smash Journeyman
I main :kirby:

He has his flaws, but I manage to do well with him.

He's been my main since Smash 64. Maybe that's part of why I don't like Melee!

Self-gratification out of doing well and "beating the odds" so to speak. I've picked up Falco as a secondary, but unless there's a particularly large pot on the line, the point of Smash is to have fun. I get much more enjoyment out of good old Kirbeh than I do out of other characters, plain and simple. Plus, there's an element of loyalty; He's always been my main, and he will be as long as he's in Smash.

I haven't switched, but if I did, I would switch to Falco; he's a good competitive character that I already have a good knowledge of. I would probably regret it a bunch, though!

Nope! I picked Kirby as my main before the game had even come out, and never even considered anyone else. I almost switched to MK a couple times, but I've managed to stick to Kirby. Could I do better with someone else? Maybe, but I feel much better with Kirby, who I know the ins-and-outs of than I do with Falco, who is a stronger character, but who I haven't invested a fraction of the time and energy into.

========================================

On a side note, I whip out Zelda/Sheik (my secondary from Melee) or Ganon now and then for the lulz if I'm extremely confident that I can win. I've spent a decent amount of time on both, so I am actually capable of winning a game now and then against weaker opponents. Nothing's more fun that winning with Ganon!

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Which bad character do you play?

I main :pt:

:pokeball: Do you think your character is bad?

As much as it saddens me to admit it, yes. Sakurai did a terrible job of balancing this character. He took what could've been his greatest strength and turned it into his greatest weakness. Perhaps, if Sakurai had focused on helping each pokemon work together as a team, rather than trying to limit that, Pokemon Trainer would perform much better. But, sadly, that's a rant for another day.

:pokeball: How did you come about to playing this character?

Simple, I love pokemon.

I grew up with pokemon, and Charizard is arguably one of the coolest pokemon ever designed! <3

A better question would be:

"Why wouldn't I decide to play this character"?

:pokeball: If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws?

I could never drop PT. I can say this with conviction because I've tried. No other character is as much fun to play! And the sense of satisfaction that I get to enjoy when as I slowly watch my character improve... It makes it all worth it.

:pokeball: If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching?

Quite frankly, I've switched many times. I've tried :olimar: , :yoshi2: , :gw: , :pit: , :pikachu2: ...

What drove me to swtich was frustration. As much as I do love my main and love playing him, there are some MU's that never fail to be frustrating. Eventually, I decided to pick up :yoshi2: again and use him as a co-main. Ever sense, my Smash days have been content. I regret nothing.

:pokeball: If you could go back in time to the point where you started using your bad character and had the ability to choose someone else at that point, would you?

One word: No!

Feel free to add anything to this

Uh... Anything...?
Okay.

Charizard Rocks!~ <3

Sarcastic White Mage

Smash Cadet
Which bad character do you play? Bowser

In all honesty not really, I mean he has some cons but who doesn't.

Bowser has always been my favorite Nintendo since I was a child, so when I first seen him in Melee it was just a must to use him ^_^.

Every character has their flaws, some being smaller then others but still have it. I just choose to make up the flaws I have with my pros.

From time to time I would switch or at least try to switch to other characters but in the end I would always just go back to Bowser. The only reason I really switch was due to losing, but as I grown I just learned its more about how you play not wether you win or lose

Nope. No matter how bad he is I'll always just stick Bowser just simply out of charater loyalty

Kokomaniac

Smash Journeyman

I main ness.

Nope. His recovery is certainly lacking and gimpable, but his aerials are all very strong and fast, and his tilts are useful and can combo; also, his throws are godly. I see little reason that Ness should be so low.

When I first started playing brawl with my friends, I randomed characters to see who I liked. I randomed Lucas and thought I might as well try Ness and I ended up loving him. He's awesome and unique and a blast to play.

I've played him enough that I can, for the most part, work around many of his flaws, but he's so fun to play and I've been playing him for so long that I could never switch.

No switching, only learning secondaries for variety.

Never

Play Ness, there aren't enough of us

:phone:

:phone:

Safaridor

Smash Rookie
I played a lot of Zelda.
no, she just has too many weaknesses that are easy to exploit
bad habit from when brawl came out. My older cousin would constantly dash attack to approach (sonic player), and Zelda was the easiest to push him off me.
I really like the variety Zelda brings. Not a lot of people play against Zelda, and many of the ones I do still do not understand how to play the match-up
Zelda is my secondary now, with G&W taking over my primary. I switched because despite my practice, I couldn't handle not being able to getting back on stage with her and G&W seems so fun. And no, I don't regret as I still play her (practicing the Shiek/Zelda but timing so transformation isn't punishable by death is the most difficult part).
Not really, I feel that with all the work I put through into learning Zelda to play against my friends who were interested in the competitive scene helped me learn how to read opponents better (the mind-games i learned really helped my G&W)
While I can see the problems with certain characters, I do not feel that there is a "bad" character, just characters who's weaknesses can overcome their strengths. Though more personally, I sometimes think the tier list is based off of MK and how well they do against him (hence the "ganon" tier).

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292

I play Kirby and I just picked up Sonic

Kirby is not bad, just average, hence mid tier.

Sonic on the other hand is a pain, killing a heavy character of even a middle weight is such a hassle. Plus his damage output is meh.

Kirby is just my favorite character foe any Nintendo product, and is probably the only Nintendo franchise I actually like (aside from a few Metroid games).

Because it is fun! Winning with Snake or Marth can be entertaining, but winning with a character that is automatically deemed doomed in a tourney is just hilarious and extremely gratifying!

Besides, I love the characters.

I have not dropped Kirby or Sonic, but I have moved onto playing Snake more and more. Simply because I want to go to huge tournaments one day and I would need a good character. And since Metal Gear Solid is one of my favorite gaming franchises of all time, why not Snake?

Nope, I would not change a damn thing.

I used to main Pit as well. I am contemplating picking him up again as well.

And to those that hate Brawl, why? I am curious as to why some people hate Brawl so much other then the obvious tripping. And since people have said "I hate Brawl" in this thread I figure I would ask here.

BryceX

Smash Cadet

Zelda.

Not necessarily. She has some major, major flaws that really hold her back, but I believe the pros outweigh the cons.

In Melee I really wanted a favorite character, and it quickly grew into becoming Zelda.

I believe I know her well enough to give everyone a good run for their money. She is such a powerful character and honestly, her attacks are just so cool!

N/A

Heck no!

kyroN

Smash Cadet
-Which bad character do you play? I main :link2:
-Do you think your character is bad? He is horrible
-How did you come about to playing this character? I am a big fan of Zelda games, used Link since I was playing Smash 64
-If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws? I like him too much, have tried to switch but just keep feeling the need to main him
-If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching? I've switched a few times, currently maining Link again. lol
-If you could go back in time to the point where you started using your bad character and had the ability to choose someone else at that point, would you? Probably
-Feel free to add anything to this Link sucks, don't use him.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
>I use Ike, with a side of Ganon

>Ike's certainly not good, but he has his moments (Ganon is terrible though, but it makes victory so much sweeter)

>Brawl was my first smash game, and I played SSE to get a feel for the game, got to Ike and thoroughly enjoyed him. As for Ganon, It was a challenge to see if I could beat people's mains with the worst character in the game

>For both characters, Killing someone at 60% with a powerful attack because of an incredible read feel like one of the greatest things on the planet

-If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching? I've had a few secondaries for ike (R.O.B/Snake) but always keep Ike while dropping the secondaries, Ganon is just for hyped up MM's

>No, They're too fun to stop using. If they weren't fun I would have switched years ago

>Ike and Ganon get hype

Osennecho

Smash Ace
-Which bad character do you play? Jigglypuff
-Do you think your character is bad? Wayyyy Bad

-How did you come about to playing this character? I bodied all my friends with my actual main (Marth) so I quit him for about a year as they got better and picked Puff to play them with as they improved because it made the game more fun not winning/3stocking every match.

Now Puff is my secondary and performs better in tournament play against most people than my Marth. It still beats all my friends on a regular basis except one... Also, I took 2 stocks from Zero in a friendly the other day while he tried to learn the matchup with BS rollout kills both in the same way. I got completely outclassed/played the entire time despite the end result not looking that way. It also rest killed Vinnie's G&W in a doubles friendly once. How can I quit Puff after that? All my best moments have come playing Puff except one.

-If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching? Will never switch >.<

No. Just no... Puff is Puff. Plus my friends might have quit the game from getting bodied to much... Maybe...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit

He's mediocre; not completely bad, but not great.

He looked amazing in the trailer way back before the game was released, love him. Then checked Demo and Japanese gameplay vids of Pit before the game was released in the US, and I was more convinced to main him.

I love using him, and I didn't want to end up as one of the many who gave up their old mains and went to a high/top tier. Plus Pit's style still sparks my interest.

Still using Pit, probably always will.

Nope.

There's nothing to add really, except that I still use Bowser too, but I don't want to discuss that since we all know he's not that great... well competitive-wise. Poor Bowser.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Jigglypuff (with some Captain Falcon action)

Does it matter? They're both awesome.

Because SOMEONE has to try and bring them to their former glory.

Because nothing is better than killing your opponent in the most awesome way you can possibly achieve (for falcon) or to slowly push someone away from the stage knowing that he can do nothing about it (for Jiggs)

Man have i stopped maining Falco because they're both still secretly top tier.

**** no.

:jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff: :jigglypuff:

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
The reason to play a bad character is either:
A. They are fun
B. It's an excuse to lose. There's no expectations to win when using Ganondorf yet EVERYONE takes note if you win with Ganondorf.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
-Which bad character do you play? :ike:

-Do you think your character is bad? In a way yes, because obviously Ike is slow as heck and all of his moves are capable of being dodged. But in a way no, because he can do in one hit what most characters take four to seven hits to get. Though his speed is lacking severely, I find his timing and power to be a balance to the lack of speed.

-How did you come about to playing this character? Originally I mained several bad characters, :luigi: and :wolf: included, until I decided that maybe I should give Ike a whirl. At first I was hesitant because my best friend mains the same character, and I didn't want to offend him with my choice. In a way, I mean, I didn't want him to think I was trying to be better than him at his own character (silly and juvenile, I know).

-Why do you continue to use this character? I'm a fan of Ike's movements, movesets, and what he has to offer to the game. He can be a real threat to stronger characters, despite his disadvantages, and though it'll seem crazy I think he can go toe to toe with any of the high tier characters if you're good enough.

-If you had the chance to go back in time to choose a new character that wasn't your bad one, would you? To be honest, no I wouldn't. I personally find Ike to be a character I'm willing to work on more and more in order to get better at. However, if I were to skip back into the beginning of when I first started playing Brawl and find a new character to main, I think I would have mained Pokemon Trainer or Ness, from start to finish.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
:ganondorf:

Not as bad as everyone says he is. I think he has a lot of potential, but people don't have the patience to get good with him.

Ever since I unlocked him in Melee, I loved playing as him. When I switched to Brawl back in '08, I continued to use him.

When I started playing Ganondorf back then, I didn't see any flaws. I never looked up a tier list until 2 or so years later, and had no idea why he was so low. I honestly still think that his flaws are few in between and can be overcome, and can have a decent chance at anyone, including MK.

Not for the world. However, I also main Wolf.

Which leads to...

:wolf:

Not at all. I'll go as far as to say I think he should be in the top 10, and go even further to say he's just as good as MK.

Wolf was one of my favorite enemies back when I was a child.

I barely ever lose with him. There are very few flaws with him, and those flaws are almost non-existant, IMO.

Again, not for the world.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Which bad character do you play?
:luigimelee: and :zeldamelee:

Luigi isn't really bad. Zelda is.

Luigi is one of my favourite characters. So I've mained him since Melee.
Same with Zelda.

If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws?

I like their playstyles. And I don't want to switch.

If you've stopped using this character, who did you switch to using? What drove you to switch? Do you ever regret switching?

Nope. I still use them.

I chose them because they are fun to play as, not for their tier placement. So, no, I wouldn't.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I switched from maining ness to maining puff

reason: who gives a ****

Achi1187

Smash Rookie
-Which bad character do you play? I never really considered him a "bad" character I guess, but Mr. Game & Watch.
-Do you think your character is bad? By no means.
-How did you come about to playing this character? I got used to him super quickly and he has a massive arsenal.
-If you still use this character, why do you continue doing so despite their flaws? His flaws usually involve fighting a stronger, longer-ranged opponent and I usually just switch characters if I face someone like Snake or Olimar, but I don't have much issue outside of that.

I love Game & Watch despite his ranking on the tier list. I wouldn't use any other character except for fun or strategic purposes as I mentioned above.

GreenMunchkin

Smash Apprentice
Zelda
Yes. Her approach is absolutely abysmal, to the point where vs. a GOOD Meta Knight is a 5-95 or so. Also, her kill moves aren't remotely difficult to dodge.
When I first started playing, I saw videos of Shiek in Melee, so I decided to try her in Brawl. #derp. Either way, I would switch to Zelda for the kill, but I noticed that I would do waaaaaaaaaaay better as Zelda through the entire battle.
Early kill power, can rack up damage quickly, Judo character (You approach? You die.), but mostly because I have fun playing her.
I have a bunch of characters, no need for Zelda to be left out :D
No. Like I said, still use her, and have a lot of fun.
Despite being a lousy approacher and being hard countered by a LOT of characters, I still believe she is better than Jigglypuff and Samus. I think the bottom should be:
38. Ganondorf, 37. Jigglypuff, 36. Samus, 35. Zelda.

Also,
:wolf:

Not at all. I'll go as far as to say I think he should be in the top 10, and go even further to say he's just as good as MK.
No. Just, no. Just, absolutely not.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
-Which character do you play?
Link
Only his recovery
He's my favorite Nintendo character. I play my favorites.
He's my favorite Nintendo character. I play my favorites.
Never.

pauloisreallyhot

Smash Rookie
-Which *bad* character do you play?
Ike.

Nope.

I like using powerhouse characters.

Because I play smart and Ike looks so cool~

I don't switch.

Nah.

Luigimitsu

Smash Apprentice
The bad character I play is Luigi, and I've always enjoyed using him in every game, most people choose a character who inspires them which is what I do. I usually use Wario/Diddy in tournaments but Luigi is really fun, and does well in certain match ups, in my opinion the best reason to use a bad character is to beat other people with them who are using much better characters or have an advantage. I started using him more and more as I improved, I enjoy playing him in match ups which I shouldn't win because I have to work harder, I feel like it helped me improve overall playing with a handicap.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
1. Kirby, rarely Sonic
2. Sonic? YES. Kirby? Somewhat.
3. Thought his Specials were broken (then again, whose aren't in SSE?)
4. Because It's funny to spam YOUR TOO SLOW!/HIIIIIIIII!
(Even if it's just a CPU fight)
5. Meta Knight, Toonlink. I cycle through the four characters occasionally.
6. I played Meta Knight first, so I'm not really one to talk about this one.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
I use Zelda.

An overall basis, not really viable for high competition play.

Boom boom. Played her right at Brawl release, fell in love with her and her sexy red outfit.

She's really the only character I know in and out. And despite that, I still do quite well with her overall. Plus, it's always fun to have my matches watched, because for some reason, I still bring people down to the wire (except Metaknight, still trying to recover and figure him out :/)

I have not stopped.

Nyope. She's still fun as heck to play.

The term "bad" is misleading. As someone stated earlier, certain characters have greater possibilities of making up for their own weaknesses. Zelda is still a perfectly viable character (personal opinion of somewhere in the middle of low tier), but it really does come down to how the player knows their character and the other character's moveset, as well as being able to understand the opponent themselves (some people are repetitive, others change up after certain occurrences, etc).

Mari

Saving the planet from disaster!

I main Sonic and Kirby.

Kirby? BAD?! What is wrong with you. As for Sonic...eh, I'm kinda neutral with his move set.

Well, I've been a Sonic fan for quite some time, and I just love to pwn people with a pink puffball. XD

Kirby has almost no flaws, in my opinion. Sonic, well, he needs a LOT more K.O power. Plus, his Final Smash is just...too flashy. Less sparkles and more kicking a$$ at the speed of light, please.

In all honesty, I wouldn't switch to anyone else.

Nope!

Sonic rules! :awesome:

That's all, folks!

Top Bottom