• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Metaknight Should Not Be Banned (A.K.A The Community Chat Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PND

Smash Champion
Remember your post in the JBR, about not divulging tricks and setups? Let's just say I have some tricks that I'm not entirely privy to divulging.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Lets hear them... Because I've been divying up everything I do, its to advance Jigglypuff. But meh.
Yeah, don't worry. Nobody's hiding any jiggs info. If they are, they're dumb as hell. Like if people hide things, it basically stops metagame growth. For a character like MK or snake, they've already pretty much stopped growing, there's only one more level they can rise to and that final level of play is what people hide. Someone would have to be a complete moron to hide something in a developing character because when they give out info, other people find new ways of bringing her yet again to the next level.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol, ****ed up that first edge guard real good with an accidental glide, lol.

watch the games vs azn sensation or something like that. We had intense 70% combos in the middle of the game when both people were still alive.

PND

Smash Champion
In the second round, you guys had an early lead and great control. After you holy ****ing early percent killed Ally, they regained control well and didn't let up the entire time. You def have a solid MK though, and NoJ is incredible, but Ally and holy are SOO good at pacing and controlling the match. Now, I wasn't there and I'm not in your heads or anything, but it just seemed like Ally and Holy had better "awareness," I guess I would call it. They always knew where the other was, where their opponents were, and where the traps were. They have amazing chemistry together.

How often do you team with NoJ?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol suicide kill at the end (I knew I wasn't going to win so I went with it).

Holy and Ally are so good as a team.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
How often do you team with NoJ?
That was my first time teaming with him.

Also, my suicide game 1 and NoJ's suicide game 2 didn't really help :/

But yeah, they new exactly where to position themselves to combo off each other.

PND

Smash Champion
Yeah, I was pretty much in your head at that point. Just a **** it, I'm taking Holy out with me way to go, lol.

I didn't see the other vid up yet, but I'll keep an eye on the account to see if / when it gets uploaded in the future.

EDIT: Yeah, I noticed that you guys were essentially two solid individuals against a cohesive unit. Like, you guys did well, but if you guys keep at it and learn each other you could be fierce.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure both our sets against Ambrose & JL (Azn Sensation) and our set against Anther & Lain (I'm the Cort to his M2K) recorded...

Don't watch my set vs Minus, lol. I didn't really feel like playing anymore by that point, lol.

Also, check out my sexy omnigay vs Ally when it gets put up.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Yeah, the other set against them was WAY more epic, that one didn't really have much crazy ****.

In teams I tend to play the support role. I tend to play campy and safe, paying more attention to the guy my partner's fighting against than mine, and then step in whenever my partner needs help or if the guy he's fighting against does a laggy move I'll step in to hit him.

It seems to work pretty good, I just need better chemistry with my partner. The worst I've placed with MK in teams is 3rd and I've played in a large MI tourney with OOS'ers, a Chicago tourney with Ook, and in Canada.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Percon and King Ace were really freaking good as a team too. Against us, I'd say their teamwork was better than Ally and Holy's but I don't think that game got recorded.

PND

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, they're both phenomenal players. I'm pretty sure Royal Crush has taken top 3 at every tourney since I've been following 'em. I'm not 100% on that statistic, but I can't think of any exceptions off the top of my head.

Who'd Percon use? I assume KingAce went MK.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Oh yeah, they're both phenomenal players. I'm pretty sure Royal Crush has taken top 3 at every tourney since I've been following 'em. I'm not 100% on that statistic, but I can't think of any exceptions off the top of my head.

Who'd Percon use? I assume KingAce went MK.
I want to say they went Snake - MK

PND

Smash Champion
No Kirby or PT? Max, I'm disappointed in you. . . (Just kidding!)

So yeah, what'd you think of Canada? How bad was the snow?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
haha, nope, no kirby or PT. I beat him in a MM my jiggs vs his PT! lol.

Canada was pretty sweet. The snow sucked! It was pretty bad in MI and then it was fine until about 1.5 hours away from St. Catharines and it got really bad and we got stuck behind 2 plows going 10MPH down the highway for 15 minutes. We also had trouble getting around the town once we got off the high way and my car got stuck on the neighborhood roads trying to get to the venue in the morning. Percon's dad helped us get out, lol. The roads were even worse going home. Especially once we got back into MI. We saw probably 8 crash sites in about an hour.

PND

Smash Champion
Ouch, ****ty. No worries, come Jan I'll have a place down there, so if MI needs a place to crash I can offer my apartment. Ottawa gets first dibs, though. Plus Canada's drinking age is only 19, so brink yo underagers and get smashed. (no pun intended)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Ouch, ****ty. No worries, come Jan I'll have a place down there, so if MI needs a place to crash I can offer my apartment. Ottawa gets first dibs, though. Plus Canada's drinking age is only 19, so brink yo underagers and get smashed. (no pun intended)
lol, what city's your apartment gonna be in/around?

PND

Smash Champion
Port Colborne AKA Port Town AKA New Port City.

The sister city of St. Kittz, maybe 15-20 minutes away.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master

napZzz

Smash Hero
well this seems a little late, but its not really the whole thing about him being broken that people want him banned, its more of the fact that he's soooo over played and really does ruin the brawl meta game (like it has one anyways)

People also dont like how they have to pick up a character usually just because of him, and yoru limited to just a few to try and counter him anyways.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
well this seems a little late, but its not really the whole thing about him being broken that people want him banned, its more of the fact that he's soooo over played and really does ruin the brawl meta game (like it has one anyways)

People also dont like how they have to pick up a character usually just because of him, and yoru limited to just a few to try and counter him anyways.
the ban thing is that since he's broke, people are going to pick him up, and since he's broke, he can't be countered... meaning, no, it's because he's broke :/

and anyways, pretty much all top level characters have 60:40 matchups, MK is beatable, and most people can't pick MK up and eventually play him at a top level, it just doesn't happen... so he's broke, but in the beatable and not really broken kind of way :)

Veril

Frame Savant
You can beat MK with Jiggs. Its not an even matchup, but it isn't too bad.

That's basically what changed my mind on the ban thing.

Jiggs... seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom