• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Lucario Players are best

ArchangelRaziel

Smash Cadet
Well, first and foremost, we seem to be far more helpful than many of the other groups... I peruse a lot of our forum threads and don't see much in the ways of flaming, even on repeated findings... We all seem to be far more understanding and appreciative of people finding things out for themselves, as opposed to certain... other character groups. *cough*

Second, and most obvious, we use Lucario, and that just makes us cooler. It's like the guy who brings a knife to a gunfight and wins, only his knife is just as deadly as the guns, only because the knife is just that badass. Ok, so I'm being a little silly with my comparisans, but we all know where I'm coming from.

Thirdly, we seem to be more in-tune with fellow Lucario players. You don't see as many random *******s in our forums, now do you? You don't have that one person who just sits there and bashes everyone because he thinks he's the ****. (for more information on that, see the Ike forums, or MK forums, etc.) <--Note I'm not bashing, merely stating it happens.

It appears that it takes a slightly different kind of person to play Lucario, and I am proud to be one. *bows* Thank you all for your time, and I would certainly love to hear feedback.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Defensive-minded and patient, observative players flock to Lucario for his playstyle. It's no wonder these boards are relatively peaceful.

ArchangelRaziel

Smash Cadet
Defensive-minded and patient, observative players flock to Lucario for his playstyle. It's no wonder these boards are relatively peaceful.
This is true, though I don't necessarily fit that bill... T_T Way to make me feel like an outcast. XD Just messin'.

DarkSonic

Smash Rookie
don't mind my name but I am a lucario player. I agree...all my friends bash lucario saying that he weak and dies easily. That was until they saw me play with him. They kept racking the damage and BOOF they got smashed then speedhogged and some sick aerials. Now they see why lucario is so awesome

ArchangelRaziel

Smash Cadet
don't mind my name but I am a lucario player. I agree...all my friends bash lucario saying that he weak and dies easily. That was until they saw me play with him. They kept racking the damage and BOOF they got smashed then speedhogged and some sick aerials. Now they see why lucario is so awesome
Well... That's good to hear, though this thread was more of kudos to the people who USE Lucario, moreso than a glorification of Lucario himself. (But who can argue, he's definately the most badass. XP)

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Well, I don't main anyone yet, but I think the possibility of calmer people coming to Lucario is pretty high. Many times, the playstyle of a person's main reflects their personality.

Rozz66

Smash Rookie
I agree with R.Y.N.O, and I also don't main anyone yet, but I am just drawn to Lucario for some reasion. He is cool, he has the power of aura, he can wall cling, and he fits my play style very nicley.

Fox McCl0ud

Smash Apprentice
Lucario is an awesome character. He looks cool... I like his defensive playstyle. I like his aura power as well.

DarkSonic

Smash Rookie
in melee I was pretty mean marth and I played a very defensive game sorts like how I am as a person, I won't start a fight but I beat u with def. Then I got tired of being a defense person and almost instantly I changed to shiek playing rediculously offensive and almost no defense. Then in the last couple of months before brawl released and I leveled out. I tried marth and shiek...both didn't work for me. I then tried lucario and I felt an instant connection. I feel he's an almost perfect combination between offense and defense.

f1r3 3mbl3m

Smash Cadet
I say that I main with Ike, but I've played as Lucario a couple of times. He is very good, and I could get used to playing as him, but I think the Aura thing makes him harder to play as, cuz to get him super-powered, you need to get hurt. But, all in all, he's pretty good.

Fugue

Smash Apprentice
Lucario players are the best because they're the only players who can use "WATAA, *****ES!" and "I KNOW KUNG FU!" as battle cries.

Oh, right, and the peace and non-agression thing.

Newskool

Smash Cadet
I like lucario, and I've been thinking about maining him. I like the cool and collected defensive playstyle, but I think that the Aura drew me to him more than anything else. I love how the more he gets hurt, the more powerful he gets. Kind of like "We're surrounded? Great! Now we can fire in any direction we want and not miss!"

Ricard_the_dragoon

Smash Apprentice
Well, first and foremost, we seem to be far more helpful than many of the other groups... I peruse a lot of our forum threads and don't see much in the ways of flaming, even on repeated findings... We all seem to be far more understanding and appreciative of people finding things out for themselves, as opposed to certain... other character groups. *cough*

Second, and most obvious, we use Lucario, and that just makes us cooler. It's like the guy who brings a knife to a gunfight and wins, only his knife is just as deadly as the guns, only because the knife is just that badass. Ok, so I'm being a little silly with my comparisans, but we all know where I'm coming from.

Thirdly, we seem to be more in-tune with fellow Lucario players. You don't see as many random *******s in our forums, now do you? You don't have that one person who just sits there and bashes everyone because he thinks he's the ****. (for more information on that, see the Ike forums, or MK forums, etc.) <--Note I'm not bashing, merely stating it happens.

It appears that it takes a slightly different kind of person to play Lucario, and I am proud to be one. *bows* Thank you all for your time, and I would certainly love to hear feedback.

Arrogant much?

blindguardian667

Smash Rookie
Also,

Furries.

Discuss.
lol although furries have more tendency to go with fox/falco/wolf, i fail to see how this contributes to the conversation XD. gg

anyways, yeah i have noticed some of my friends who main lucario are the calmer more patient ones.

Milln

Smash Champion
I agree. Lucario players have to be in full concentration of knowing what their percentage is so they can adjust their entire playstyle accordingly for knockback, in addition to how to the opponent is reacting to attacks. Luca is definitely a different flavor than the standard.

Lucario is like, my soul character. I've been told many times in many other games that I get more difficult to handle when it appears i'm about to lose, which leads to come from behind victories. Lucario does the exact same thing. It's almost like I HAVE to play him, it's so perfect. *warm and fuzzy*

ArchangelRaziel

Smash Cadet
Arrogant much?
Aside from the bit where I joked about Lucario being mroe bad-A than any other character, no. It is not arrogance to state that I have noticed that the people that play lucario and stay within the Lucario Forums are calmer and more polite to one another than in many other forums. We don't have the people who sit there and complain to people when they make a mistake and make a thread about a new technique that everyone else has known about and yet that player didn't know. We just congratulate them for learning. If that's arrogance, then what does that say about the people in the other forums who don't appreciate when they're fellow gamers learn? I think the true arrogance is people like you who assume that by me saying 'best' I am saying we are better than you and higher. That is the true assininity of society. I was stating that I believe we are best both as a group because we get along better than most otehrs groups do and that we are best in my beliefs because I appreciate how Lucario players act in general. If you cannot understand that, then that is not due to any fault on my behalf - that is your own fault for being ignorant.

gmony

Smash Rookie
I dont entirely get what your saying

Are you just saying that lucario is the best or that being able to use lucario is the best. clarify please

Eaode

Smash Champion
Although I'm a ROB main, Lucario is my definite #1 alternate. I agree that he attracts calmer, more collected players. It's really the reason I love playing him.

With other characters, if you get stuck in a combo and start taking lots of damage you're like "Oh my god I have so much damage I'm going to lose now", which makes you feel like you're losing control of the situation. When I play as Lucario and get combo'd or otherwise start taking lots of damage, I think "sweet, all the more power at my fingertips". I stat to gain control of the battle, not lose it.

PSYCHE

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed that as well. I've been lurking around here for a while, and I have hardly seen any flaming. This place feels like heaven compared to the Ike forums. It also seems like most Lucario players are very willing to help other Lucario players.

10electro01

Smash Rookie
I used to play an extremely offensive never let you touch the ground style as sheik (and I was pretty darn good too) until when I played as sheik in the gamestop brawl tourny and realized he didnt work. So when I brought brawl home (first copy in my area!) I didnt know who to play as. I started with pit and was ok. But then I discovered lucario. He was the perfect blend of coolness, defense, offense, coolness, nice recovery, not TOO light, and coolness. Now im in love with him and im pretty good (but not as much of a rapist as I was with sheik R.I.P.)

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
xD I'm a Lucario player aswell, but from what I've seen, the DEDEDE and Lucario forums have a lot of people taking all high and mighty about their characters and themselves. They don't usualy bash the other character, but simply gloat about theirs. LOLs

Eaode

Smash Champion
xD I'm a Lucario player aswell, but from what I've seen, the DEDEDE and Lucario forums have a lot of people taking all high and mighty about their characters and themselves. They don't usualy bash the other character, but simply gloat about theirs. LOLs
Go back in time and check out the Melee Ness boards.

itsame

Smash Rookie
yeah i guess Lucario players are nice... mario forums are really nice too though

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Even before brawl came out, Lucario was my most wanted character. Now, hes my most played. For me when I saw it, his down B that is, I was in total awe. Playing with Lucario is calming, knowing that the aura sphere that you just released is going to make your opponent very unhappy. Oh and the feeling when you release Aura Storm (his smash ball attack), its amazing.

Ambientlight

Smash Rookie
Dear god please keep furries out of the forums ...... disgusting >.> even tho I'm new to the forums,I'd perfer to not be associated with furries for playing Lucario.....So please no furrie chatter keep it amongst yourselves. :)

Top Bottom