• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why isnt melee HUGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Smash Master
Gheb, I agree with you on pretty much everything you said. I GREATLY prefer Melee to Brawl, but the Melee community sickens me so I very rarely post here. I don't see why so many Melee players feel a need to insult Brawl every time it is mentioned.

:034:

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You didnt read my earlier posts did you.
Its simple go to the thread click on the post count and click my name. Im not shooting down your points. But i dont have to. READ THE ENTRE THREAD. Then you will see why your two cents wasnt needed.
Also why are you coming over to the melee boards just to hassle peoples opinions. We didnt go to the brawl disscusion and ***** there so why are you over here. ALSO LOOK AT THE QUOTE ABOVE YOU. I know how you dont like to read some times.

If you dont read then your an idiot and trolling just to give this topic trouble.

Also brawl is newer people are lazy so yes is does have a adverse effect on melee.
Yes I did. And you make completely unsound arguments based mostly on opinion mascarading as fact.

Melee was NOT intended to be competitive. Deny this an you are a fool.

The game's intention does not make it competitive. What exist in the game does not make it competitive. What makes it competitive is the community, other wise Rock Paper Siczors would not have large tournaments.

You complain about chain grabs, despite a game that was actually made for competitive play including grab corner loops with 100% damage (street fighter turbo) that was designed into the character on purpose, as is the ddd chain throw.

You speak about the Metagame (especially Metaknight) with a 5 month old understanding, not knowing how little a threat Metaknight has become, and how his matchups are moving towards even, (DDD is now considered 55-45, ICs 50-50, Diddy 55-45, and several others) and how nearly any talk about banning him is quickly fadding away.

You bring up Planking, and yet ignore many tactics in Melee that are just as broken and banned, such as wobbling.

As for the entire new vs. old argument.
Guess what.
Even if Brawl hadn't been made, they would still not play melee if they wanted to play the newest version.
Why?
Because Melee would still be 8 years old, and with Blazblue and Street Fighter 4 running around, these people would much rather turn to these games as opposed to an 8 year old game on the Gamecube, because all they care about is playing a new game.
Since when do n00bs decide the market anyway? In any thread on this board, bringing up n00bs is considered irrelevant and all discussion must be kept to top level play. N00bs are not going to be willing to enter a scene where skill has grown for 8 years, and attempt to bring themselves in. Eventually, Brawl will have this same problem, where the metagame will have advance, where a n00b will be intimidated and uninterested in the scene.

The players who play for cash like Mew2King still play Melee. So this does not hurt Melee either.

I could ask the same thing about why Co18, Lain, and other top Brawl players don't switch over to Melee now that they have reached a very high skill level. Why? Because they play the game they prefer, same as Mango and Da Shiz Whiz.

As I've said before. Blazblue is a dumbed down, slower version of Guilty Gear, and yet their community exist just fine with both games. They understand both games can be played without hurting one another.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
Yes I did. And you make completely unsound arguments based mostly on opinion mascarading as fact.

The game's intention does not make it competitive. What exist in the game does not make it competitive. What makes it competitive is the community, other wise Rock Paper Siczors would not have large tournaments.

You complain about chain grabs, despite a game that was actually made for competitive play including grab corner loops with 100% damage (street fighter turbo) that was designed into the character on purpose, as is the ddd chain throw.

You speak about the Metagame (especially Metaknight) with a 5 month old understanding, not knowing how little a threat Metaknight has become, and how his matchups are moving towards even, (DDD is now considered 55-45, ICs 50-50, Diddy 55-45, and several others) and how nearly any talk about banning him is quickly fadding away.

You bring up Planking, and yet ignore many tactics in Melee that are just as broken and banned, such as wobbling.

Guess what.
Even if Brawl hadn't been made, they would still not play melee if they wanted to play the newest version.
Why?
Because Melee would still be 8 years old, and with Blazblue and Street Fighter 4 running around, these people would much rather turn to these games as opposed to an 8 year old game on the Gamecube, because all they care about is playing a new game.
Since when do n00bs decide the market anyway? In any thread on this board, bringing up n00bs is considered irrelevant and all discussion must be kept to top level play. N00bs are not going to be willing to enter a scene where skill has grown for 8 years, and attempt to bring themselves in. Eventually, Brawl will have this same problem, where the metagame will have advance, where a n00b will be intimidated and uninterested in the scene.

The players who play for cash like Mew2King still play Melee. So this does not hurt Melee either.

I could ask the same thing about why Co18, Lain, and other top Brawl players don't switch over to Melee now that they have reached a very high skill level. Why? Because they play the game they prefer, same as Mango and Da Shiz Whiz.

As I've said before. Blazblue is a dumbed down, slower version of Guilty Gear, and yet their community exist just fine with both games. They understand both games can be played without hurting one another.
No you didnt read the whole thread. Your cherry picking my later posts I said the whole thread I said earlier that melee was a party fighter and we made some chages to it and got lucky with the scene. Also being competitive=/= being good. Stop generalizing brawl with melee they are different .

You are a idiot.
READ THE ENTIRE THREAD

Also if brawl people dont like what they hear then go back to the brawl disscussion boards. I could understand if we had made this topic over at their board but we made it here so why are they complaing. especially since they didnt read the thread. I notice you avoided this.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Being good is an opinion and is not a fact. Arguments are about facts. Talking about your opinion on Brawl is an argument. Its a statement on your opinion. Trying giving arguments next time, and disprove a single thing I have said.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Being good is an opinion and is not a fact. Arguments are about facts. Talking about your opinion on Brawl is an argument. Its a statement on your opinion. Trying giving arguments next time, and disprove a single thing I have said.
You still didnt read did you also no one was arguing until you showed up.
Also why are you still here (since you dont read)

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Don't lie. You were arguing.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239850&page=18
Nice try.
I'm still here because I'm still right and you still haven't responded to anything I have said.
You are trash Nothing was beng argued until you brawl fanboys showed up.
You Didnt read the earlier posts. Also I think the game is a piece of **** point blank. Its not up for debate. You arent going to change my mind on it. There was no arguing until you guys tried to defend your game. why are you looking for my apporval.
Read the earlier posts then talk. Instead of strawmaning me and cherry picking my posts.

TP

Smash Master
Also if brawl people dont like what they hear then go back to the brawl disscussion boards. I could understand if we had made this topic over at their board but we made it here so why are they complaing. especially since they didnt read the thread. I notice you avoided this.
Oh don't worry, I'm not complaining about this particular thread. It's the posts in regional zones that really separate the communities... but that is a topic for another day.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Oh don't worry, I'm not complaining about this particular thread. It's the posts in regional zones that really separate the communities... but that is a topic for another day.

Same here.
I said it earlier people play what they want. Its what ever. Yes anything can be competitive. Its just my personal opinion that what they are competing in is crap.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You are trash Nothing was beng argued until you brawl fanboys showed up.
You Didnt read the earlier posts. Also I think the game is a piece of **** point blank. Its not up for debate. You arent going to change my mind on it. There was no arguing until you guys tried to defend your game. why are you looking for my apporval.
Read the earlier posts then talk. Instead of strawmaning me and cherry picking my posts.
You seem mad.
You mad?

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master

Lain and Co18? dont play melee... because they got wrecked beyond belief in the game. I actually talk to lain every time i see the kid. He will admit the only reason he plays brawl is because he can win in it.... there is no game preference involved. Its easier for the lower level players to compete in brawl. Tech skill isn't a very large factor, mind games are limited to careful spacing and defensive play, and its easy as hell to react to moves. Please don't confuse a person having a pref. for the game they think is better with having a preference for the game they feel is easier to win in.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Also, an argument was made about grab infinities. Well guess what, they put in a grab infinite in Street Fighter on purpose.

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/street-fighter-hd-remix-honda.html

Maybe you are the one who needs to play some other fighters than smash.
Oh my god.

I'm not one for posting in MvB threads (anymore), but seriously?
\
Have you even PLAYED HDRemix?
Or do you have a brain?
If either applies, you'd know there actually ISN'T a 100% damage ochio vs Guile, and Sirlin was just being funny.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
No. He took it out in HD, but he put it in the original. It says it in the article. Learn 2 read.

Lain and Co18? dont play melee... because they got wrecked beyond belief in the game. I actually talk to lain every time i see the kid. He will admit the only reason he plays brawl is because he can win in it.... there is no game preference involved. Its easier for the lower level players to compete in brawl. Tech skill isn't a very large factor, mind games are limited to careful spacing and defensive play, and its easy as hell to react to moves. Please don't confuse a person having a pref. for the game they think is better with having a preference for the game they feel is easier to win in.
If this were true, why isn't Co18 wrecked by Hungrybox in Brawl? Hungrybox is a top Melee player, so he should be a better player, but Co18 beats Hungrybox flat out in Brawl.
Also, a local Florida Melee Ice Climbers, when I asked why Chudat doesn't play ICs in Brawl, he said it was because the infinite in Brawl is too hard to difficult. So I doubt tech skill has anything to do with him not being able to play Melee.
You are also unaware of Brawl mindgames.

Its a lot more than just spacing.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Go in Street Fighter 2 Turbo.
Try to get through a fire ball charecter with him. Can you do it? Its incredibly impossible, isn't it? But if you can get in, you deserve to be given a huge reward, right? Thus, in a chance to balance the character against fire ball characters, he gave him the loop. As the article says though, it didn't fix the problem, and just made him dominant against other characters, so they took it out and gave him so other tools.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
What are you talking about?
He got rid of the loop from ST in favor of other things.
He did not put in any 100% damage loops or anything into HDR.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
That's exactly what I just said, and what the article says.
The loop is in Turbo, and was put in Turbo. It was taken out in HD, which is what I was saying.
You can get in in HD, you could almost never get in during Turbo.
You mad?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
See, that's what's happening in the Melee community. I try to explain that the hatred towards brawl is hurting the community and all you can do is start another flame war.

:059:

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Brawl could be a way to get people into Melee.
A lot of people are worried about jumping into Melee because of the 8 year progression. Brawl, because of its new metagame and less focus on technical skill, they can feel more comfortable jumping into though still loosing heavily. From you could convince people to play Melee, and get a community that plays two games, like Blazblue and guilty gear.
You guys don't want to do that though.
You just want to beat their *** and call them scrubs and n00bs.

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
I prefer Melee greatly to Brawl, but my understanding of the situation is this: Both are competetive (because people try to be the best in each game), but one is for people who like fast-paced, tech skill and combo oriented gameplay, and one is for those who like a slower game with no combos and a smaller amount of general tech skill required.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Anyone who argues about the game's intention is making a horrible argument, because BOTH games were intended to be party games, and implying that Brawl was made to keep competitive smash out is not based in anything other than opinion, and goes what has been said in interviews about the elements trying to make the game more aerial based, thus why floaty characters, tripping, ledge hugging, multi air doges, granting characters without a great aerial game a wonderful anti aerial game (sonic's spring, snake's uptilit and usmash), and auto canceling. But besides the fact, BOTH games are essentially party games at their core, and arguing about Brawl's intention when Melee had the same intention is foolish.

Also, an argument was made about grab infinities. Well guess what, they put in a grab infinite in Street Fighter on purpose.

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/street-fighter-hd-remix-honda.html

Maybe you are the one who needs to play some other fighters than smash.

As for technical skill, chess and pokemon have no technical skill, and are far more popular competitively than either Smash game. What makes a game competitive is the community, NOT the game or the game's mechanics. If you community finds a way to make it competitive, then it is a competitive game. This ranges from poker to rock paper siczors. No matter how much tech skill, no matter how much depth is programed into the game, it is the community (or lack there of) that decides weather or not a game is competitive.

Guess what.
Even if Brawl hadn't been made, they would still not play melee if they wanted to play the newest version. THIS SENTENCE DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE
Why?

Quote me were i said you CANNOT have competition in brawl. You cant. Also read the entire thread. I said that sakurai SPECIFICALLY said for BRAWL that he was trying to lessen down competition. I never said he was tryng to make melee become the next Guilty gear. The games engine allows for it to be more competitve then brawl. You cannot refute no hit stun. You cant refute no tripping. You cannot refute controller ports dictating the outcome of a tie. of suicide moves.

As for steet fighter turbo it was remade so that sinks that nonsence just like the soul calibur patches. also prove the dddgrab was specifically designed to be a chain throw. Even if you prove that thats just another ***** slap by sakurai.

As for metaknight it was only three months ago that you were arguing for the proban side.

Stop ignoring the fact that sakurai specififcally said that you game was supposed to lack competitveness. Also read my quote above where i basically said play what you want to play. As for the wobbling i'll concede that point.

No. He took it out in HD, but he put it in the original. It says it in the article. Learn 2 read.

If this were true, why isn't Co18 wrecked by Hungrybox in Brawl? Hungrybox is a top Melee player, so he should be a better player, but Co18 beats Hungrybox flat out in Brawl.
Also, a local Florida Melee Ice Climbers, when I asked why Chudat doesn't play ICs in Brawl, he said it was because the infinite in Brawl is too hard to difficult. So I doubt tech skill has anything to do with him not being able to play Melee.

Even more stupidity. Hungry boxes main sucks a$$ in brawl (that is fact). Also a game can not have mind games. It can only have options. Brawl has less options. All you are doing is trying to troll and give this thread trouble cause you dont like what you hear.

Also the irony is you telling someone to learn to read and you cant even read the entire thread to see why you 2 cents wasnt needed.

Why dont you look at my older posts instead of ignoring them as i have gone back and refuted your trash.
You brawl fanboys are the morons who tried to turn this into a melee vs brawl thread.
Also blazblue may be a chipped of guilty gear but its still was made with the intetnion to be a great fighter on its own and is incomparable to melee and brawls relationship.

You guys are just a bunch of burthurt fanboys looking for approval.
That photo is anything but mind games lol
ITs alot more then just spacing
Its garbage infinites too.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
ST was the first game Honda had the Ochio throw.
And saying the loop was put in on purpose is total BS.
You don't know, and you weren't there.

Also, that's not what you were saying.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master

hahahah... you know chudat was bsing around right? I'm pretty sure anyone and their mother can do both the melee and brawl chain grabs if you practiced them for like.. 20 minutes. You don't know **** about these games do you?

I do know brawl mind games...they are simplified melee mind games. I would pummel most brawl scrubs ... despite the fact that i never play the game, it only attests to the simplicity of brawl. Co18 could be a good brawl player and have decent mind games? I never said anything about it not taking skill to be good at brawl... i simply stated that the game makes it easier to level the playing field. Could it be that hungry box is a more technical based melee player? You do know that such players exist in melee (which made it all the more diverse.) Also, doesn't his character suck **** in brawl? lol... Any melee player who relied more heavily on mind games in melee... can easily dominate most of the scrub *** brawl population. At the top levels there are brawl players who have good mind games... but i would like to see if they would have had the dedication and discipline to actually be any decent in melee.

And your little gif showed me what? That brawl has ****** friendly chain grabs and then relies on someone making a completely dumb *** move... in order to finally get the kill off? Wow.. where do you live? I would love to take you aside and wreck you in this easy *** game and show you the finer points as to what makes the game completely inferior to melee. It honestly wouldn't be in mean spirit, but rather to open your eyes to the truth.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Quote me were i said you CANNOT have competition in brawl. You cant. Also read the entire thread. I said that sakurai SPECIFICALLY said for BRAWL that he was trying to lessen down competition. I never said he was tryng to make melee become the next Guilty gear. The games engine allows for it to be more competitve then brawl. You cannot refute no hit stun. You cant refute no tripping. You cannot refute controller ports dictating the outcome of a tie. of suicide moves.
Smash was never a traditional fighting game in the first place. So why does it need to be full of combos if it doens't have anything else that every other fighter was made with?
Also, as for combos, aren't pseudo combos harder to pull off than true combos? Thus, taking more skill to pull off.

As for steet fighter turbo it was remade so that sinks that nonsence just like the soul calibur patches. also prove the dddgrab was specifically designed to be a chain throw. Even if you prove that thats just another ***** slap by sakurai.
And yet the infinite didn't make SF Turbo any less competative. In fact, there are people here in Florida who still perfer it.
Also, Samurai Panda proved it. What's weird about DDDs chaingrab if the 'waft' or the second hit, the burst of air that keeps the opponent up so you can chain grab them. What is uncompetitive about chaingrabs? You said that like hitstun and combos, so what is a matter with a grab combo?

As for metaknight it was only three months ago that you were arguing for the proban side.
The metagame has evolved.
Also, there will always be a best character, in any fighting game, and Metaknight is not far enough ahead to be considered incredibly broken.

Stop ignoring the fact that sakurai specifically said that you game was supposed to lack competitveness. Also read my quote above where i basically said play what you want to play.
You are getting that from an April Fools day post by a gaming website. There is no evidence that Sakurai created the game to specifically stop the game from being competitive.

Even more stupidity. Hungry boxes main sucks a$$ in brawl (that is fact). Also a game can not have mind games. It can only have options. Brawl has less options. All you are doing is trying to troll and give this thread trouble cause you dont like what you hear.
No, I'm giving out valid arguments, as opposed to cussing, calling names, giving out opinions like they are fact, and stating things that are untrue about the Brawl competitive scene.
Also, Hungrybox mains DDD in Brawl, but there is an incredible Jigglypuff in the VA/MD (arguably one of the best Brawl competitive scenes) who would like to prove you wrong. Though I don't think he would say that Jiggly is as good as he was in Melee, as no one would.

Also blazblue may be a chipped of guilty gear but its still was made with the intetnion to be a great fighter on its own and is incomparable to melee and brawls relationship.
Intentions do not matter when it comes to competitive events. The community matters. If the community makes it competitive, then it is a competitive game/event/sport. Hell, cooking is a competitive event now.
Also, yes, it is comparable because we could have the same sort of relationship that GG and BB has.

You brawl fanboys are the morons who tried to turn this into a melee vs brawl thread.
Do you want me to go link you to all the antibrawl post in this thread before any brawl players entered?

Its cause brawl people want to try and shove their community down our throats.
Wait wait wait. . . .
This entire thread was originally about the melee community, why isn't it bigger? and how to make it bigger. Did you ever stop to think that telling people they enjoy playing a 'trash' game, calling them scrubs, saying that they don't know how to properly respond to post when it took you quite a while to respond to any of my points only to continue flamming me, despite myself having never said a flammatory remark to this community or you, and you wonder why Brawl players don't play Melee, and why we had more players at Apex and Genesis?

hahahah... you know chudat was bsing around right? I'm pretty sure anyone and their mother can do both the melee and brawl chain grabs if you practiced them for like.. 20 minutes. You don't know **** about these games do you?
Wow. You really don't know what you are talking about. It took Lain months to get the ICs chaingrab down. It is impossible to master in 20 minutes. You don't know anything about these games, do you?

And your little gif showed me what? That brawl has ****** friendly chain grabs and then relies on someone making a completely dumb *** move... in order to finally get the kill off? Wow.. where do you live? I would love to take you aside and wreck you in this easy *** game and show you the finer points as to what makes the game completely inferior to melee. It honestly wouldn't be in mean spirit, but rather to open your eyes to the truth.
This is hateful talk, and it is this hateful talk and trash talking as to why the Melee community fails to take in and add the people who were introduced into competitive Smash by Brawl.
Also, stop bringing up opinions. They are not arguments.

ST was the first game Honda had the Ochio throw.
And saying the loop was put in on purpose is total BS.
You don't know, and you weren't there.

Also, that's not what you were saying.
Because he says it in the article.
And yes, that was what I was saying.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Crash, it quite possibly took Lain months to figure out how the IC chain works. But to perform it now that you know how to do it? **** doesn't take any time at all. Once again... you don't know wtf you are talking about. Perhaps i have an unfair advantage in learning the grab, since i was a melee ic main... but it honestly took me no time to learn the melee chain grabs as well. No chain grab in smash is exceptionally difficult to learn.

Btw... what i stated wasn't an opinion. That DDD chain grab is easy as balls to pull off. Then the ddd player did a move in hopes of the snake player being a ****** and running into it. Despite the fact that he had a good 2 hours to react and do something much smarter. Honestly, if you believe what you showed me in that video is impressive, then i guess you are just starting to play brawl? Or are just getting accustomed to smash in general?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The entire ICs board will disagree with you on how long it takes to get the ICs chaingrab down.
When you called Brawl inferior, that WAS an opinion.
And that's what a mindgame is, its something you do to outsmart your opponent that wouldn't work other wise. The Snake anticipated a grab, he was thrown off mentally, and got punished for it. It was a mindgame.
No, I have been playing Brawl for a while.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
The entire ICs board will disagree with you on how long it takes to get the ICs chaingrab down.
When you called Brawl inferior, that WAS an opinion.
And that's what a mindgame is, its something you do to outsmart your opponent that wouldn't work other wise. The Snake anticipated a grab, he was thrown off mentally, and got punished for it. It was a mindgame.
No, I have been playing Brawl for a while.
So you pick that small phrase of all my posts.... to call it out. Pick an argument to attack, stop nit picking.

Yes, what appears in the little vid you just showed us is indeed a mind game. It is however a weak mind game and one that should have been exploited by the snake player. The snake player did a completely terrible move and got killed because of it. It was to no credit of the DDD player other than him simply getting lucky. Brawl has some good mind game situations, but the vid you showed us isn't one of those lol. I suggest that you find better videos to support your arguments, that's really all i was getting at in attacking your video.

Also, thoe whole ICs board? Scrub 1 - 100 you mean? Honestly, no offense, but the brawl char specific boards are hilariously full of nubs. Of course most of them are going to be having trouble. Once again, if you live near by i will show you just how easy the chain grab is to do.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I played with Rockcrock on Melee.
I think I'd stick to what he showed me as opposed to you.
Also, the stop bringing up opinions was a statement to everyone in the thread, not just you.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
I played with Rockcrock on Melee.
I think I'd stick to what he showed me as opposed to you.
Also, the stop bringing up opinions was a statement to everyone in the thread, not just you.
Lol...you are hopeless yo. If you still see rock crock tell him this ***** trail said whats up to his lil ***. My opinion matters because it is from a pro's perspective. Of course lesser experienced/skilled players are going to have trouble with chain grabs, it was the same in melee. But on the upper levels... im just relating to you that the chain grab isnt hard to pull off at all. I never play the game and after a couple moments... i can start doing it consistently again w/e i play the game. I'd like to think that i'm a prodigy/genius and thats the only reason i can do the grab so easily.... but ... i know thats not true. Such is why i'm telling you... please don
t overplay how difficult it is to do the freakin ic chain grab lol...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Again, Hylian would disagree with you.
But I never argued anything about tech skill.
Because tech skill has nothing to do with a game being competitive in the end.
What makes a game competitive is the community. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7743023&postcount=21
You guys want a bigger community, stop acting hostile to your potential market (Brawl players).

God ****.
Sirlin DID NOT MAKE SUPER TURBO.
I didn't say he did. I was using his argument with players to keep the loop in. Why would he argue with players to keep a 0-100% glitch in.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
What makes a game competitive is the community. http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7743023&postcount=21
You guys want a bigger community, stop acting hostile to your potential market (Brawl players).

I didn't say he did. I was using his argument with players to keep the loop in. Why would he argue with players to keep a 0-100% glitch in.
Lol, i don't think i was arguing with you on the tech skill making the game competitive. I was just calling you out on your bad video and the fact that you talk about **** like the brawl ic chain grab... as if you actually know wtf you are talking about :). Get rolled hard...

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Smash was never a traditional fighting game in the first place.
Why do you think i said this. WHEN did i say this.

So why does it need to be full of combos if it doens't have anything else that every other fighter was made with?
Also, as for combos, aren't pseudo combos harder to pull off than true combos? Thus, taking more skill to pull off.
*facepalm*
No because thats not what a combo is. A combo is inescapable. Dont call it a pseudo combo. Its a follow up. except in brawl its not even a follow up they arent stunned.

And yet the infinite didn't make SF Turbo any less competative. In fact, there are people here in Florida who still perfer it.
Also, Samurai Panda proved it. What's weird about DDDs chaingrab if the 'waft' or the second hit, the burst of air that keeps the opponent up so you can chain grab them. What is uncompetitive about chaingrabs? You said that like hitstun and combos, so what is a matter with a grab combo?
Its because combo=/=infinite i dont care what panda proved he wasnt there during the developent process so you dont know what they were thinking. Thats no combo thats just bull****

The metagame has evolved.
Also, there will always be a best character, in any fighting game, and Metaknight is not far enough ahead to be considered incredibly broken.
thats whats up

You are getting that from an April Fools day post by a gaming website. There is no evidence that Sakurai created the game to specifically stop the game from being competitive.
Look at ign, gamespot. heck look up his interviews. Its pretty obvious that he didnt want much competitiion. Also please.. i want to hear you defend tripping lmfao. Also link the april fools day article

No, I'm giving out valid arguments, as opposed to cussing, calling names, giving out opinions like they are fact, and stating things that are untrue about the Brawl competitive scene.
Also, Hungrybox mains DDD in Brawl, but there is an incredible Jigglypuff in the VA/MD (arguably one of the best Brawl competitive scenes) who would like to prove you wrong. Though I don't think he would say that Jiggly is as good as he was in Melee, as no one would.
You dont read though. You skim and that lessens the vaidlity of your arguement. Also quote me in this thread (which i know you didnt read where i say) "thats a fact" other then when i said jigglypuff sucks in brawl. stop assuming. Also

Intentions do not matter when it comes to competitive events. The community matters. If the community makes it competitive, then it is a competitive game/event/sport. Hell, cooking is a competitive event now.
Also, yes, it is comparable because we could have the same sort of relationship that GG and BB has.
So your telling me that rock, paper, scissors is on the same competitve level as basketball. If that is so. you are really reaching... or just plain dumb. Also for the record.
I NEVER SAID BRAWL COULDNT BE COMPETITIVE GG amd bbs relationship is on a different echolon

Again quote me where i said brawl cant be competitive

Do you want me to go link you to all the antibrawl post in this thread before any brawl players entered?
So just because someone says something about brawl you have to stick your nose in. Its not even on your boards. I said it before, I think that game is crap now what you gonna do?
stop trying to give melee dissussion troble because you feel burt hurt about your game.

Wait wait wait. . . .
This entire thread was originally about the melee community, why isn't it bigger? and how to make it bigger. Did you ever stop to think that telling people they enjoy playing a 'trash' game, calling them scrubs, saying that they don't know how to properly respond to post when it took you quite a while to respond to any of my points only to continue flamming me, despite myself having never said a flammatory remark to this community or you, and you wonder why Brawl players don't play Melee, and why we had more players at Apex and Genesis?
I flame you cause you dont read. Besides most brawl people admit it they like brawl cause its easier. If your gonna be lazy then you shouldnt play melee anyway. Its like expecting to be great at a basketball and never learning the basics (which in melee are not that hard)

Wow. You really don't know what you are talking about. It took Lain months to get the ICs chaingrab down. It is impossible to master in 20 minutes. You don't know anything about these games, do you?
I notice you said these. To think you know more about melee than trail is laughable.

This is hateful talk, and it is this hateful talk and trash talking as to why the Melee community fails to take in and add the people who were introduced into competitive Smash by Brawl.
Also, stop bringing up opinions. They are not arguments.
Your an idiot NO ONE WAS MAKING AN ARGuEMENT until you came in trolling.

Because he says it in the article.
And yes, that was what I was saying.
Cool story.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Lol, i don't think i was arguing with you on the tech skill making the game competitive. I was just calling you out on your bad video and the fact that you talk about **** like the brawl ic chain grab... as if you actually know wtf you are talking about :). Get rolled hard...
I'm going to rely on the talk of the top Florida ICs, who has actually went to Brawl tournaments an attempted to get the infinite throw off on real players.
Also, I have not talked trash this entire thread, as opposed to you, so please refrain from saying anything I have done is talked '****'
The point of that Gif was to show that there are more mindgames in Brawl than just spacing. Its the equivalent of me saying that all Melee mindgames are just wavedashes.

*facepalm*
No because thats not what a combo is. A combo is inescapable. Dont call it a pseudo combo. Its a follow up. except in brawl its not even a follow up they arent stunned.
Pseduo combos are combos that can be escaped and are out of hitstun. Why does smash NEED combos to be a competitive game? Answer this.

Its because combo=/=infinite i dont care what panda proved he wasnt there during the developent process so you dont know what they were thinking. Thats no combo thats just bull****
On most, the DDD chaingrab is not an infinite, and it only works on 4 of them around 200%, thus is pointless to attempt. There is no point for wind underneath the character for any reason other than the chaingrab.

You dont read though. You skim and that lessens the vaidlity of your arguement. Also quote me in this thread (which i know you didnt read where i say) "thats a fact" other then when i said jigglypuff sucks in brawl. stop assuming.
Just because you don't say, That's a fact, doesn't mean you aren't presenting your opinion as a fact. What evidence do you have that I have not read this thread? None. Other than I do not agree with you.

Your an idiot NO ONE WAS MAKING AN ARGuEMENT until you came in trolling.
Actually, yes, you were arguing when I came in.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord

You did, but whatever.

This just brings me back to "You realize Sirlin is just trying to be funny".
Besides even that, it's Beta testing. You're supposed to do that kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom