• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Yoshi low tier?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: The score is...

Shiri sucks.
True

Shiri for Prez!
False

One out of two. Not bad.

At any rate, as far as low tier moves go, I'm thinking up tilt might be his lowest tier move, next to downsmash. I don't think any of his moves are bad, per se, but the utility moves that don't see much use are great on paper but seldom can be popped out in the middle of a match.

bigman40

Smash Master
You know the second one is a lie. You have massive knowledge that seems to get to everyone better than most people who attempt that same thing. I for one enjoy reading your posts when it comes to the psychological things in brawl, and that is a beast talent IMO.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Nah, I just talk a lot. Thanks, though. :D

If it's anything to get you guys playing and placing better, I'll do it, though.

Speaking of which, PRiDE has picked up where I left off in teams, it seems. Anybody thinking that Yoshi's better in teams than he is in singles? Maybe he's worse? What do you guys think?

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
I havent got a clue. XD

:o rel... YOSHI TRAITOR!! THE WORST KIND OF YOSHI HATER! *removes rel from yellow Yoshi position* mwahahahahahhahahahaha!!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yannick, when was the last time you actually played brawl?

and waht the hell son, you were supposed to team with me for a tourney...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Hes insane, you should listen to point of no return
do you know how much i respect you for using your first post on smashboards to talk about how awesome immortal technique is?
OT: his recovery, i always laser or footstool him and BAM! But i don't get why he is that low either, he will surely move up though
that is straight up LOLquaza

Ostro

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7252-9309-8314
Mostly his lack of shield options and how his recovery is compressed into his Double Jump.

Other than that, it's just a lack of good tourney results compared to the other characters.

Frown

poekmon
I wish those tags at the bottom of the thread weren't removed. :(

My plan was to make a "Yoshi for top tier" in every one.

Hey, it's true.

Just look at his egg lay.

Like, 1-hit KO every time.

So how are you doing?

YoshiGuy123

Smash Rookie
:yoshi: Yoshi is easily one of the worst characters in the game.

Terrible matchups.

Laughable recovery.

LOLgrabs, like they matter.

Eggs are cute, but subpar projectiles.

No priority.

Range is a joke.

Approximately 0 KO moves.

What's not low tier about that?

Ok...

First, the terrible matchups is somewhat true, but considering that he is the best choice against the number 1 meta knight and the best choice for wario mains I think you are wrong.
Besides, isn't it all about the user????

The so called "laughable recovery" is hard to get by because not only can you gain the most altidude but it is also hard to phase with an attack.

LOLgrabs, yes but he can chain grab. Otherwise yes

Eggs are more than cute because if the user actually knows how to use them then they can hit almost anyhwhere.

No priority? Like what???

Range not so much because of eggs and good aerial moves

0 ko moves, not true because he has decent knock back, good juggling skills and 2 meteor smashes along with quick smashes.

YES I AM A YOSHI MAIN! ANYONE WHO DISAGREES CAN FACE ME AND LOSE!!!

(brawl code in my profile stats)

JOE!

Smash Hero
from the looks of my matchup thing-a-ma-bobber, yoshi seems to be *the* middle tier.....

closest to straight up 50%

Big Red

Smash Journeyman
Who cares, sure I believe in tiers, maybe yoshi is low tier, maybe he is a bit higher, who the hell cares lol. Clearly no one here mains Yoshi because they think he is the best character in the game, that would be pretty ridiculous to believe, so just go kick some *** and let the back room make sense of your ****.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I would like to take this opportunity to say:

MMAC STOP BEASTING

Every week like you got a new color for your name and ****. Stop beasting, dude! This man is getting Skittles in this b*tch! RAINBOW NAMES, DUDE. What's the next color going to be? Burgundy? Purest Snow Off White? LOS ANGELES SUNRISE GREY?! WTF son, be regular like the rest of us and get back to orange and blue!

Actually, I personally preferred the pink one, like Chaco has. It has a nice soothing nature about it. What does the cyan color mean? I BET IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH CANADA AND YOUR SILLY IGLOOS.

Chaco

Never Logs In
:yoshi: I would like to take this opportunity to say:

MMAC STOP BEASTING

Every week like you got a new color for your name and ****. Stop beasting, dude! This man is getting Skittles in this b*tch! RAINBOW NAMES, DUDE. What's the next color going to be? Burgundy? Purest Snow Off White? LOS ANGELES SUNRISE GREY?! WTF son, be regular like the rest of us and get back to orange and blue!

Actually, I personally preferred the pink one, like Chaco has. It has a nice soothing nature about it. What does the cyan color mean? I BET IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH CANADA AND YOUR SILLY IGLOOS.
Nope, that means Smash Researcher. The new group. Panda spawned it.

Top Bottom