• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why is random so dumb?

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
ya well yesterday i was playin team battle and put the cpu's on random...

i got CF and jiggs.

next match i got 2 jiggs wtf...

then next match i got 2 pokemon trainers....wtf.....

some of you stated that the game doesnt load or something....tht could be the answer i might have to check that out.

DonQuixote

Smash Apprentice
Icy Eagle the problem is its not really random. Its obviously some sort of jacked up system. If it were random no one would have even replied to this thread

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
I just noticed that on mondays...I always get TL in random (or ness)

VideoCupcakes

Smash Rookie
You can't yell at random. I have no problems with it. Every day I play, i get a different character. That could be the fact, that I use everyone, except Mewtwo, ahem, I mean Lucario.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Random depends on what stage you're selecting.
If you pick Yoshi's Island, and have a random bot, that bot will almost always be Yoshi.
With the kirby stages, it will be random 30% DDD, 30% Kirby, 30% MK and 10% other.
Etc.

This is what I've found to be true with random bots. Admittedly, my sample size is small since I don't usually play on anything other than non-character specific stages like FD and Battlefield (and also Smashville...), which will produce characters from across the board, with the exception of ZSS. That is the only thing that annoys me, really...you can't fight ZSS bots =(

Tax

Smash Rookie
I disagree. It is random, there is a chance to get the same character multiple times in a row. They named it 'Random' for a reason. :p

LoyalSoldier

Smash Apprentice
Anyone who thinks a random number generator exists on computers is just fooling themselves. The best generators are just such large patterns they are hard to figure out.

In this case the pattern is small.

Top Bottom