• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Pikachu not Top Tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pikachu's too low on the tier list, so is Sonic. The tier list looks like it was made by Snake and MetaKnight fanbrats. Snake is not that good, neither is MetaKnight. Pikachu has an obvious advantage against Snake, and in the MetaKnight Matchup thread, Anther stated that Pika has a slight advantage against Meta. Meta should move down a bit. Pikachu and Sonic should move all the way to top tier. If you don't agree with me, watch Anther's Pikachu and Sonic videos. If that's not top tier material, I don't know what is

Zylar

Smash Ace
Because you're not as good as Anther. Yes, YOU are responsible for keeping pika's placement down.

BTW, I'm about to reveal something profound to you :
I don't know what is
IS TRUE!!!

Videos of ONE player, even if he is the best at that character DOES NOT MEAN that the CHARACTER is the best or deserves a higher placement in the tier list. That just means that that PERSON rocks. ^^

Wait is this a joke? I'm honestly confused.
Don't worry about it too much. Just listen to the more experienced pika players talking. (Which isn't me by the way, but still.)
To clear it up, he honestly doesn't know what he is doing. Forgive him.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
SS Tier (no particular order)
Meta Knight 15.00
Snake 15.00
Falco 15.00
King Dedede 15.00
Mr. Game & Watch 15.00
Marth 15.00
Diddy Kong 15.00
Wario 15.00
R.O.B. 15.00
Lucario 15.00
Olimar 15.00
Pikachu 15.00
Kirby 15.00
Donkey Kong 15.00
Ice Climbers 15.00
Zero Suit Samus 15.00
Toon Link 15.00
Pit 15.00
Peach 15.00
Wolf 15.00
Luigi 15.00
Zelda 15.00
Bowser 15.00
Fox 15.00
Sheik 15.00
Ike 15.00
Mario 15.00
Lucas 15.00
Ness 15.00
Samus 15.00
Sonic 15.00
Pokémon Trainer 15.00
Yoshi 15.00
Link 15.00
Jigglypuff 15.00
Ganondorf 15.00
Captain Falcon 15.00
I fixed/made a new tier. Its called "The Make Everyone Happy Tier" ;) I'm too lazy to put it in alpha order. Anyways, the tier is the way it is because in my opinion, people underestimate characters. You can be good with anyone, but you can't always win with your favorite character, that's just the way the game is

ClobberinTime

Smash Rookie
I know Bannedbaby "loves" Anther, but at this point I'm confused as to whether it's real or just an annoying joke.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I think Pikachu's too low on the tier list, so is Sonic. The tier list looks like it was made by Snake and MetaKnight fanbrats.
Kinda sounds like YOU'RE just a Pika(Anther?)/Sonic fanbrat who wants their character moved higher on the tierlist.
Snake is not that good, neither is MetaKnight.
lol? Would you like to TRY and back this up with facts and figures? I don't think you're persuading anyone with THAT argument.
Pikachu has an obvious advantage against Snake, and in the MetaKnight Matchup thread, Anther stated that Pika has a slight advantage against Meta. Meta should move down a bit.
Just because a top player whose good with Pika thinks there's an advantage over another character doesn't mean it's fact. I personally don't know a lot about Pika's matchups (except for the **** one against Fox XD), and I have a thing against Matchup "ratios", so I can kinda see what you're coming from there...however, that doesn't mean Meta should move down the tierlist. Just because Anther can beat MKs with Pika, it doesn't stop MK from being the best character in the game. At this point in the metagame, it's irrefutable that he is overall the best character.
Pikachu and Sonic should move all the way to top tier. If you don't agree with me, watch Anther's Pikachu and Sonic videos. If that's not top tier material, I don't know what is
lol? LOL?

Seriously? Ask any Sonic main. Sonic is no where CLOSE to being top tier. At MOST, we think Sonic MIGHT make bottom of mid. Why? Because we know Sonic is a bad character. Pika on the other hand IS a good character, but no one has quite proven that he deserves that spot. Just because Anther ***** people with Pika, it doesn't mean Pika is some god character. ANTHER IS JUST AN INCREDIBLEY GOOD PLAYER.

As for the Sonic bit, just because there are videos of Sonics owning scrubby players who are using top tiers, doesn't mean SONIC is top tier. The PLAYER is better than the OTHER PLAYER.

:093:

K 2

Smash Lord
He's just being annoying. He's been banned twice...lol. Oh wait, avoiding a ban by creating another account, REPORTED!

Zy, don't be hard on yourself! You are a very experienced pika! What are you talking about man?

Anther's never lost a match before(the one where he fought somebody who was Donkey Kong and he killed himself doesn't count)

Pics or it didn't happen

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
you are the biggest anther fanboy. just because he's good does not mean pika should be top tier. and no offense to anther but his pika is good but his sonic isn't. and there is a reason why sonic is not top tier and that's because of the learning curve and he's a VERY complicated character. MK deserves top tier because it's easier to win with MK than any other character.

"Kinda sounds like YOU'RE just a Pika(Anther?)/Sonic fanbrat who wants their character moved higher on the tierlist."

Sonic is the fastest character in the game, and most of his attacks look the same, but act differently, adding to his unpredictability. And no, I'm not a fanbrat.

"lol? Would you like to TRY and back this up with facts and figures? I don't think you're persuading anyone with THAT argument."

My brother beat somebody who used Snake with Ganondorf(who is low tier btw)

"Just because a top player whose good with Pika thinks there's an advantage over another character doesn't mean it's fact. I personally don't know a lot about Pika's matchups (except for the **** one against Fox XD), and I have a thing against Matchup "ratios", so I can kinda see what you're coming from there...however, that doesn't mean Meta should move down the tierlist. Just because Anther can beat MKs with Pika, it doesn't stop MK from being the best character in the game. At this point in the metagame, it's irrefutable that he is overall the best character."

But if a top player says it, then it has to be true, right?

"Seriously? Ask any Sonic main. Sonic is no where CLOSE to being top tier. At MOST, we think Sonic MIGHT make bottom of mid. Why? Because we know Sonic is a bad character."

WHAT?! Sonic is nowhere near bad! He's one of the best characters in the game, just look how fast he is in comparison to others. What really makes him so bad?

"Pika on the other hand IS a good character, but no one has quite proven that he deserves that spot. Just because Anther ***** people with Pika, it doesn't mean Pika is some god character. ANTHER IS JUST AN INCREDIBLEY GOOD PLAYER."

I didn't say Pikachu was a god character.

"As for the Sonic bit, just because there are videos of Sonics owning scrubby players who are using top tiers, doesn't mean SONIC is top tier. The PLAYER is better than the OTHER PLAYER."

The people Anther fought using Sonic weren't scrubby, and he still murdered them.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
This is a joke. :laugh:
Amazing how you can pull it off with decent spelling.
Close this.

"you are the biggest anther fanboy."

Look who's talking.

FOR THE LAST TIME, CAPITALIZE THE A IN HIS NAME!!!

"just because he's good does not mean pika should be top tier. and no offense to anther but his pika is good but his sonic isn't."

Anther's Sonic would KICK YOUR BUTT.

"and there is a reason why sonic is not top tier and that's because of the learning curve and he's a VERY complicated character."

But if one were to master his learning curve, he could be top tier.

"MK deserves top tier because it's easier to win with MK than any other character."

Imo, its easier to win with C. Falcon. Self-explanatory

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
This guy needs to calm down.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
"Kinda sounds like YOU'RE just a Pika(Anther?)/Sonic fanbrat who wants their character moved higher on the tierlist."

Sonic is the fastest character in the game, and most of his attacks look the same, but act differently, adding to his unpredictability. And no, I'm not a fanbrat.

"lol? Would you like to TRY and back this up with facts and figures? I don't think you're persuading anyone with THAT argument."

My brother beat somebody who used Snake with Ganondorf(who is low tier btw)

"Just because a top player whose good with Pika thinks there's an advantage over another character doesn't mean it's fact. I personally don't know a lot about Pika's matchups (except for the **** one against Fox XD), and I have a thing against Matchup "ratios", so I can kinda see what you're coming from there...however, that doesn't mean Meta should move down the tierlist. Just because Anther can beat MKs with Pika, it doesn't stop MK from being the best character in the game. At this point in the metagame, it's irrefutable that he is overall the best character."

But if a top player says it, then it has to be true, right?

"Seriously? Ask any Sonic main. Sonic is no where CLOSE to being top tier. At MOST, we think Sonic MIGHT make bottom of mid. Why? Because we know Sonic is a bad character."

WHAT?! Sonic is nowhere near bad! He's one of the best characters in the game, just look how fast he is in comparison to others. What really makes him so bad?

"Pika on the other hand IS a good character, but no one has quite proven that he deserves that spot. Just because Anther ***** people with Pika, it doesn't mean Pika is some god character. ANTHER IS JUST AN INCREDIBLEY GOOD PLAYER."

I didn't say Pikachu was a god character.

"As for the Sonic bit, just because there are videos of Sonics owning scrubby players who are using top tiers, doesn't mean SONIC is top tier. The PLAYER is better than the OTHER PLAYER."

The people Anther fought using Sonic weren't scrubby, and he still murdered them.
just because anther is good with pika doesn't mean you suck up to them. i use link and one of my inspirations is deva but i don't turn into some scrub who constantly is on their knees. and sonic may be fast but Falcon is almost as fast and OH YOU GUESSED........HE SUCKS. and yea anther is NOT that good with sonic. and just because someone is a top player doesn't mean they're perfect. close your mouth and do us a favor and LEAVE.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Stop feeding the obvious troll.

And FYI, Sonic should be Steak tier, because he's too Bada** for tiers anyway, that's why he's ascended that high above everybody else.

KB, If you're talking about me, I didn't do anything. No one has right to call me an Anther fanboy. No one has right to say Sonic isn't a good character. No one has right to say that Anther's Sonic isn't any good. No one has right to...you get the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom