• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Kirby used as the example of the "broken character" and not Pikachu?

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Curious. Pikachu is said to be best character, yet Kirby tends to pop up as "that annoying broken character". Why is that?

go...

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Think of it this way. In melee, Fox is considered by most as the best character (or at least one of the best), but everyone hates playing against Jigglypuff. Just because Kirby isn't the best doesn't mean he can't be the most annoying to play against.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Think of it this way. In melee, Fox is considered by most as the best character (or at least one of the best), but everyone hates playing against Jigglypuff. Just because Kirby isn't the best doesn't mean he can't be the most annoying to play against.
People hate Jigglypuff? I always thought it was Marth that people hated O_o

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
People hate Jigglypuff? I always thought it was Marth that people hated O_o

I thought the same thing xP

Pikachu is "less" (I say less because he is hated...KarmaIdiot) hated then Kirby because MORE people play him in the community...he is easier to use in terms of...

Damaging combos
Edge gaurding
Camping
Priority

Pikachu ACTUALLY beats Kirby in all those areas...but takes a bit more skill to do so

Superstar

Smash Champion
Because Kirby is easy to use, and most people who use him camp. So, the camping works well, cause it's Kirby.

It's just many people getting pissed off.

Everyone new plays SSB64 like it's Brawl, and camp with any character. It's easy to beat, unless it's Kirby, in which, you're bound to lose at least one stock. Campy Marios and Luigis are cake.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Kirby's style is just so noobish, even if you play Kirby well it seems like you're doing nothing that requires skill. If you and your opponent are both noobs, and the opponent uses Kirby, you will lose for sure, even if you pick Pika. Only for the better players this is not the case.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Because this is a time period where SSB64 Kirby did not yet die his skin blue, mastered the sword arts, and decided to wear a mask for some reason like he will years later. :p

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I never played it. :( I started Smash with Melee.
You should try Smash64, its good stuffs…a bit slower then Melee (and not as fun IMO) but its still has some good features…such as intricate 0-deaths, a deep meta game…and some serious trash talkers that are fun to laugh at :D

The best thing about Smash64 vs. Melee though is its ONLINE….so try it out some time and if you likes it jump on EGX and lets play ;D..

And just wondering…how did you know about Kirby if you’ve never played Smash64? O_O

Melees Kirby is le sux

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I'll play as Kirby no matter what tier he is. I even won two Melee tournaments in my college because of him.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Camper kirby's are hardly annoying if there's little to no delay, captain falcon is a good counter to a camper kirby if you can space and mindgame properly. I never really had much difficulty with newb kirbys on egx unless they had high ping on the server.

MattNF

Smash Lord
I personally find Pikachu to be one hundred times more annoying than Kirby. Kirby doesn't really have good approaches, is fairly predictable, and has easily intercepted recovery. None of those apply to Pika though. :(

Skrlx

Smash Champion
pikachu takes a bit of skill to obtain his broken powers.

Kirby is a w h o r e when it comes to obtaining his broken powers.. he just gives it off with a simple Utilt.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
no melee talk here!

If you play SSB64 and you only use kirby... you're either a noob or a boring guy who doesnt appreciate the better characters

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
It's because Kirby isn't a character, he's a glitch made of disjointed hitboxes and extra jumps.
If I can't find anything else, I am going to sig that.

the reason why Kirby is considered more "broken" is due to the fact as people said that Kirby just annoys people. Not that many people know how to apporach Kirby well. Not that many others know how to get around kirby's broken down air and up tilt. Many kirby's can just use up tilt down air and f-smash to beat people.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
If you play SSB64 and you only use kirby.
Wow, do people really do that? Not as a joke? That's depressing, really. I don't play smash much these days, only on console, but I find that sad. Kirby is the MOST boring character in ssb64.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Wow, do people really do that? Not as a joke? That's depressing, really. I don't play smash much these days, only on console, but I find that sad. Kirby is the MOST boring character in ssb64.
I find Samus WAY more boring than any other character.

The character that annoys me in Smash64 is Jigglypuff, cuz it can combo the characters really easily -> rest. And I suck with Luigi. Probably nobody else is annoyed by jigglypuff, though. =/

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
The character that annoys me in Smash64 is Jigglypuff, cuz it can combo the characters really easily -> rest. And I suck with Luigi. Probably nobody else is annoyed by jigglypuff, though. =/
I agree Jiggs combos many characters very easily, but usmash+jiggs = jiggs death at low percents on any stage, so the ease of jiggly killing is evened out by the ease of killing jiggly.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
It seems like the only thing that keeps jiggly down on the tier list is her weight. I want to see where she would be if she had Fox's weight XD

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Camper kirby's are hardly annoying if there's little to no delay, captain falcon is a good counter to a camper kirby if you can space and mindgame properly. I never really had much difficulty with newb kirbys on egx unless they had high ping on the server.
Are you serious? Falcon is one of the worst choices against Kirby (unless you mean with camperkirby someone who doesn't do aerials). I don't know why, but my Kirby beats almost every Falcon no matter how good they are. I think Fox and Pikachu are the best Kirbycounters, my Kirby gets 5-stocked by some Foxes...

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
It seems like the only thing that keeps jiggly down on the tier list is her weight. I want to see where she would be if she had Fox's weight XD

it would probably help a bit but...it would also introduce some new problems such as being a FF off edge sucks for jiggly...plus shed get comboed like a normal char too

Superstar

Smash Champion
Actually Surri, Fox is pretty midweight. Weighs as much as Mario and someone else...Luigi I think. He just has the highest fastfall accelleration. Samus, is very heavy, but she's one of the slowest fallers.

You can look up AntD's chart if you're curious. Weight stuff same as mine, but he has numbers.

Peek~

Smash Lord

JustJasmine

Smash Rookie
funny how no one talks about the fact kirby and suck the opponent off the edge and shoot em under the stage

Top Bottom