• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why is it

kpm91

Smash Cadet
Jeff actually has a pretty good Roy but he never uses it in tourney. I've also seen vids of Darkrain's DK and Fox and they're both pretty good.

dragnet4000

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed the same thing with Luigi.
Maybe its because of their extremely unique playstyles in comparison with all the others, which have somewhat similar characteristics.

Idk maybe thats just me

Maybe if we find one CF/Luigi person...

Edit: Scar has tried ganon, and you're right about jeff, but they never are serious with them.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
because at that point, there's no incentive to use falcon. any secondary has better matchups v most characters. it's also about character investment, most of the top falcon mains are VERY invested in their mains. it seems to be the case with falcon, he's an all or nothing high risk high reward char. you gotta be dedicated

n0ne

Smash Ace
idk. I use falcon and all but my mains are mario and ganon. but although this is true... I almost ALWAYS go falcon the majority of times. idk. i think i feel like i can study oponent more/read techchases, read DI better. after a few matches i switch to ganon

Hax

Smash Champion
he draws the cutoff line between viable and nonviable characters, meaning those who play him can either play a character thats almost completely better and makes falcon obsolete, or choose a sh*tty one who is worse than falcon in many aspects. to summarize, we play falcon for fun

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I don't understand how Falco mains can have secondaries
I tried playing Falco because I wanted to learn him
But his jump is just too slow for me to pick up
So now I'm back to being a Falcon main after like
4 days

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
Good falcon mains stick to falcon becuase of consistency.to the majority of falcon mains like to be flashy as sex...

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i mean, i wouldnt place as high if i used fox or falco, or marth. neither would hax, neither would darkrain, etc.

smaller tourneys maybe, but not tourneys with legit good players at it

Ryzol_

Smash Apprentice
Greenville, SC (school) Charlotte, NC(break)
because at that point, there's no incentive to use falcon. any secondary has better matchups v most characters. it's also about character investment, most of the top falcon mains are VERY invested in their mains. it seems to be the case with falcon, he's an all or nothing high risk high reward char. you gotta be dedicated
This. There aren't any alts that are easy to play, fill a bad matchup, and are enjoyable to play as. Fox, and Falco take a lot of dedication, Shiek and Jiggs are boring, Marth is imo boring and after that you're dipping into characters as bad or worse than CF.

I guess you could try a Samus, Ganon, or IC, but that's a lot of investment for 1-2 matchups. And in some cases you are going from a bad matchup to a slightly less bad matchup. Why bother when you could put more effort into a character you like?

Top Bottom