• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is it so dead in here?

Veng

Smash Ace
Pikachu is really good, but this whole section seems really dead and lonely.

Whats wrong? maybe we should make a screen shots thread.

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I noticed this a while ago. Seriously makes me think that pika is underrepresented compared to his potential. Or maybe it's just that there's no real pika news. All I know is if there are pika mains out there (on the internet) I'd like to know where they are.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Well, probably because of common interest. I guarentee most gamer kids are more prone to playing a sword wielding badass, or a wolf with a super pistol that talks ****. Not a fluffy pokemon that makes cute sounds and taunts like a hamster attracts the attention of little kids. Just my two cents.

gallax

Smash Hero
there are a handful of pika players that are resonding to the pika thread. rollerking, krehz, ekoix, mysefl, dream land works, ect... just to name a few. we few are the elite(along with anther) and are glad that this thread is not populated by pika posers. the info that this thread contains is from the best.

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
haha pikachu just doesn't get any love. People love characters either because they're cool or because they are broken. Pikachu is neither.

.selebu

Smash Journeyman
but Pikachu is cute =o
but i agree, a few years back Pikachu was way cooler than he is now (of course only in the eyes of trend followers)
anyways, i like that Pikachu is not that popular, that way i can play a pretty strong character and not be called a Tier ***** / whatever in that direction^^

Fenvir

Smash Cadet
Dude, I play pikachu not only because it rocks, but also because it is that cute cuddly thing kids liked in elementary school. Melee I was a big Luigi/Marth player but now I have to do the pika pika pose as I beat down my fellow college friends with their "mature" characters. Love the hamster/rat/rodent piece of fluff!

Pikachu247

Smash Rookie
Dude, I play pikachu not only because it rocks, but also because it is that cute cuddly thing kids liked in elementary school. Melee I was a big Luigi/Marth player but now I have to do the pika pika pose as I beat down my fellow college friends with their "mature" characters. Love the hamster/rat/rodent piece of fluff!
haha exactly, i started playing smash just for fun, infact i still do just for fun and pikachu is actually good and also a ton of fun to play hahaha

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
there are a handful of pika players that are resonding to the pika thread. rollerking, krehz, ekoix, mysefl, dream land works, ect... just to name a few. we few are the elite(along with anther) and are glad that this thread is not populated by pika posers. the info that this thread contains is from the best.
Pikachu elite? Stop kidding yourself :). Unless Pikachu is very dead in use compared to most characters then I wouldn't say anyone listed there is Pikachu elite. (Besides Anther, he is somewhere up near the top, sadly I haven't seen him posting much cause he much rather fight me on Wifi :ohwell:.) I much rather consider myself a good player who is well informed about a lot of stuff in the game.

Oh and yes, I would be glade for some Pika posers (as long as they knew what they were talking about).

As for why not too many people are posting in the Pikachu section. Well, you have Pokemon Trainer who is liked by Pokemon fans. Then the newer Pokemon fans like Lucario more than Pikachu or Mewtwo players went with Lucario. Come on! Who wants to be a mouse when they can be an awesome dog? A lot of Pikachu's game is assosciating with spaming attacks so some people just won't really need anything much to inform them, in their opinion. Especially those that were not competitive players or not regular tournament players in Melee.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
Tell me about it. My little cousins who play consider Pikachu a joke character, and all they do is spam jolt and thunder. it's easy to get by, but it's annoying to see them degrade Pikachu soo much.

I am not a Pika main, but Pokemon was my first game ever played, so I got some attachment there.

Ekoix.exe

Smash Ace
Well, probably because of common interest. I guarentee most gamer kids are more prone to playing a sword wielding badass, or a wolf with a super pistol that talks ****. Not a fluffy pokemon that makes cute sounds and taunts like a hamster attracts the attention of little kids. Just my two cents.
Taunting like a Hamster is awesome. Makes mad people run after you.

Roller

Smash Legend
I don't think you could really even compare us to anther...I've played him a decent amount, and get my *** kicked all the time.

You can keep that mentality, however I personally would like to declare that I am not in the same league as Anther.

I pretty much agree with dreamland on everything he said about why this board hasn't been posted in a lot as well.

gallax

Smash Hero
omg. you guys took that the wrong way. when i said that thing about us being the elite(along with anther) i said it as in we are the the elite and anther is our god type a thing. he gets his own category because he is so good. along with anther was meant to be like we are trying to follow in his footsteps. and what if we think we are good? i play pika a lot and i know im good with pika. but seriously. why do you have to try and degrade me and the others who post? this is directed at rollerking and dream land works right now.

and whats with this attitude problem? my post was supposed to be taken as more of a joke. you guys make it sound like you are better than others for whatever reason. you cant go by post count to determine how good someone is either. i joined because my smash buddies left for the summer. i never needed to come here b/c i could just ask them a question and i had the answer. many people could have similar backgrounds.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Brawl makes people emotional.

Roller

Smash Legend
omg. you guys took that the wrong way. when i said that thing about us being the elite(along with anther) i said it as in we are the the elite and anther is our god type a thing. he gets his own category because he is so good. along with anther was meant to be like we are trying to follow in his footsteps. and what if we think we are good? i play pika a lot and i know im good with pika. but seriously. why do you have to try and degrade me and the others who post? this is directed at rollerking and dream land works right now.

and whats with this attitude problem? my post was supposed to be taken as more of a joke. you guys make it sound like you are better than others for whatever reason. you cant go by post count to determine how good someone is either. i joined because my smash buddies left for the summer. i never needed to come here b/c i could just ask them a question and i had the answer. many people could have similar backgrounds.
???????
Sry man, I didn't mean to come off as though I had an attitude, and I'm sure dream land didn't either. And we did anything but say we were better than everyone else. We said that we felt we should be in a lower category than what you had us at. I don't see where you got that we thought we were better than other people.

I wasn't trying to degrade you and I certainly don't judge by postcount.

You have to admit that saying us along with anther sounds a heck of a lot like we are at his level.(In fact, grammatically it says just that.)

I apologize for anything I may have said to offend you, that wasn't my intention at all.

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman

:laugh:. Man, I was just joking. I play Anther a lot on wifi and usually our matches are even till the end, but that is wifi and friendlies. I am sure the light amount of lag screws up his Quick Attack tricks and that Anther is sand bagging some. So ya, my post wasn't suppose to be taken seriously. Guess I got to work on my online sarcasm. :ohwell: I'm here to help people, not bash people.

krehz

Smash Ace
lol like they said earlier brawl makes ppl emotional :p and if anyone wants to join a pika clan that actually talks and does stuff, then here is the link.... http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176549 when we get enough ppl we can start clan wars, which actually could help us gain recruits if we show them what the Pika can do!

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
I just realized that we are the third least posted in character board. We only beat DK and Luigi. And we only beat them by 50 or so posts so seriously wtf.

Roller

Smash Legend
Ok, here is one more post for pika.

Everyone post here VERY frequently, like have convos here Like you would on AIM/MSN. Post as frequently as possible, and join the new clan, we talk a good amount in there.

I think I've been posting here more than enough, everybody else, start posting in excess, respond to every thread in here that you can, even if it is just some generic, Quoted for truthery post.

Let's go team!

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
nope, not at all...ok so lets see there are 4 different colors playable of pikachu

so lets create nicknames for each color

I call Red: Trucker Pika

AvalancheBarrage

Smash Ace
The Pika board is dead because PIKACHU FAILS MEGA-HARD.

That was a total lie. Though people now seem to be all like "Lucario! We love you!" *throws Pikachu aside*

That and all the people on wi-fi FFA's that spam down thunder and make Pikachu seem like the stupidest cheap thing ever. Makes me kinda sad, as Pikachu is still awesome, and his "PIKAAAAAAA" *adorable roll taunt* makes me love Pikachu even more.

Roller

Smash Legend
The Pika board is dead because PIKACHU FAILS MEGA-HARD.

That was a total lie. Though people now seem to be all like "Lucario! We love you!" *throws Pikachu aside*

That and all the people on wi-fi FFA's that spam down thunder and make Pikachu seem like the stupidest cheap thing ever. Makes me kinda sad, as Pikachu is still awesome, and his "PIKAAAAAAA" *adorable roll taunt* makes me love Pikachu even more.
Thank you for your compassion, I personally love jiggly too. I just wish he was a little better in this game...

Naked- Birthdaysuit Pika

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
He will never be dead! never!!!

But whats this about lucario? screw that pos, i mean honestly, how many people played mewtwo in melee? same % as play lucario. psh what a pushover

anyway... i think i see more Ike smashes in FFAs online than pikas thunder

Oh, and I made a rap thing with his taunts...(pika) so do left, right left right, down down down down, up left up right up down, repeat

if you time it right it sounds cool!!

AvalancheBarrage

Smash Ace
He will never be dead! never!!!

But whats this about lucario? screw that pos, i mean honestly, how many people played mewtwo in melee? same % as play lucario. psh what a pushover

anyway... i think i see more Ike smashes in FFAs online than pikas thunder

Oh, and I made a rap thing with his taunts...(pika) so do left, right left right, down down down down, up left up right up down, repeat

if you time it right it sounds cool!!
Pikachu > Every other character > Lucario :laugh:

Well I've only started playing a couple FFA's, and pikas thunder and Ike are the two I see the most recently, with Lucas and his little Power Moves, followed randomly by Ness and his PK Thunder tackle O.o

lol nice rap.

As for the uniforms/costumes.

Regular Pikachu: Birthday suit, I agree xD
Goggles: Pilot Pika. A thunder bomber Pilot =O
Headband: Kung-fu Pikachu? O.o
Ash Hat: Cannibal Pikachu. He may look adorable, but he ate Ash because he was annoying, and look at whats left O.o

Roller

Smash Legend
Pikachu > Every other character > Lucario :laugh:

Well I've only started playing a couple FFA's, and pikas thunder and Ike are the two I see the most recently, with Lucas and his little Power Moves, followed randomly by Ness and his PK Thunder tackle O.o

lol nice rap.

As for the uniforms/costumes.

Regular Pikachu: Birthday suit, I agree xD
Goggles: Pilot Pika. A thunder bomber Pilot =O
Headband: Kung-fu Pikachu? O.o
Ash Hat: Cannibal Pikachu. He may look adorable, but he ate Ash because he was annoying, and look at whats left O.o
Only change,

Hat Pikachu: Klepto Pika :lick: or rapist pika, lol.

Top Bottom