• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is Fox higher then Falco on Tier list

Silvaxe

Smash Cadet
Falco also has good combos and nice finishers, yes fox is faster but falco jumps higher!

technomancer

Smash Champion
Fox jumps lower which makes his SHFFL and FHFFL faster. His aerials are all faster and combo in one way or another on every character into his most powerful finishers and his grab, as well as he has a better shine and faster jump animation than Falco, giving him a faster wavedash and better edgeguarding.

Also his recovery is fifty times better than Falco, he runs faster, and **** is Fox gay.

Silvaxe

Smash Cadet
Yea but ppl use Falco for a reason...if Fox was THAT much better, no one would use falco O.o

Reese

Smash Journeyman
Fox jumps lower which makes his SHFFL and FHFFL faster. His aerials are all faster and combo in one way or another on every character into his most powerful finishers and his grab, as well as he has a better shine and faster jump animation than Falco, giving him a faster wavedash and better edgeguarding.

Also his recovery is fifty times better than Falco, he runs faster, and **** is Fox gay.
Techno just owned this thread. lawl.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
falco and fox are even match up noobs
this is about who's higher on the tier list, and fox is (and should be) higher because he does better against the other characters than falco does. and also, i'd say that fox has the advantage in the falco vs fox matchup anyways and i'm sure a lot of people would agree.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
i dont really care who is higher but i think falco is better because i use the height of his jump to my advantage! i can beat all kinds of people with that jump! i clear people out the top of the screen because he jumps so high that it gives less room straight up for the character to fly! thats how i beat people that are 10x better than me!

but i guess it is really just your opinion.

Reese

Smash Journeyman
Fox is higher than Falco on the tier list because Fox does better than Falco in tournament play.

clowsui

Smash Legend
1) Shinespike. You can't *** wid dat sh*t.
2) Recovery
3) Amazing shffls and even fhffls - all of fox's aerials can be used in both fhs and shs to full capacity.

just a generalization...

technomancer

Smash Champion
Ok

For everyone that is talking about Falco's jump

Falco was not meant to fly. [/falco]

He does not move in the air. You just get spaced and grabbed and dead.

edit: original typo is too good, but for posterity:

Falco was not meant to fly.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol, its not an opinion. Fox is def better. And in the Fox vs Falco matchup, Fox has the upperhand. Smart people that know what they're talking about can realize it. Just look a little beyond shine combos.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
hahaha, I originally came here to say that Shiz could've changed that, and put falco above fox if he could keep travelling to tournies.

but yeah, the guy who said that falco has bad match-ups and fox doesn't probably has the best point.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
Why is fox higher then falco on tier list...:confused:
Fox is higher on the tier list because tournament results show Fox has a higher success rate than Falco.

They both do insanely good, but Fox just has the majority of wins. Therefore, he is higher up in the list.

the tier list changes every so often depending on if anyone wants to tally up the statistics of all the tournaments out there. i remember a long time ago people considered Shiek to be the highest top tier.

technomancer

Smash Champion
If I were to update the tier list, I would move Sheik and Marth on up, and Falco down below them. After people figured out how to play against spacies, especially CF's, Peaches, Samii, and even mid/low tiers like Mario, Doc, G-dorf, and Luigi, it's getting harder and harder to win tournaments with Falco.

mathos

Smash Champion
Its hard to win a tournament with any character, let alone a single toon. I think the metgame over the summer benefited the rise of lower-tiered characters but Falco can still hold his own. The problem is that every Falco pretty much plays the same. What once was difficult to handle (pillaring and pressure) every Falco can do so the community had to figure out a way to negate that strategy, which is has done.

Falco is in a rebuilding year of sorts, but he is no benchwarmer :)

Aldwyn McCloud

Smash Ace
this is about who's higher on the tier list, and fox is (and should be) higher because he does better against the other characters than falco does. and also, i'd say that fox has the advantage in the falco vs fox matchup anyways and i'm sure a lot of people would agree.
although I agree to consider Fox better than Falco in most aspects (comboes, finishers, edgeguards, speed, grab game, approachs, overall match ups, etc. basically everything but lasers lol) I definitely don't think Fox has the advantage over Falco. I'm not saying it's an easy match for Falco either, expecially considering that comparing the combo potential of the two Fox has definitely got the upper hand, but Falco can exploit lasers so much to psicologically destroy Fox's game that unless the Fox player is a top smasher it's gonna be a pain in the fuc*ing a$$. As if lasers weren't enough Fox has also got some priority problems while attacking Falco. And the overall higher difficulty in controlling him exposes the Fox player to the risk of losing control before the end of the match, resulting in him becoming easy to predict and punish.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
what i like about this thread is the people with experiance giving actual proof that fox is better but that a smart falco can keep up with proper lasers and things like that, but imo its still an uphill battle for falco.

what i dont like is the n00bs who are saying "prove that falco is worse lawlz" , "i made this topic but tires don exist so it wont dictate who i play" and of course "oh wellz, its an opinion anyway. falco for god tier!1!!!111!"

i thank those of you who know what you're talking about and agree with experiance and logic

Top Bottom