• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why I'll still main Peach.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
For me specifically, it's not if she's nerfed or not. It's how playable she is. For example, my second character in Melee is Bowser (yes Peach, then Bowser. I'm weird). He was tough to use, but at least he could at least do some stuff: kind of combo, wonderful power, amazing edge-guard game. Many of Peach's current moves look kinda useless.

Smashes:
Foward and Up smash are good. I guess they should be used as kill moves. Down smash is useless. From what I hear, I probably just won't use it in matches. It's gonna be tough to go from a "D-smash to your heart's content" mindset to a "Stay away from D-smash at all costs" mindset.

Tilts:
I hear ftilt is better. Utilt has more range, but apparently it's still situational, since if the person is next to you it won't hit them

jab:
too much knockback to combo, not enough to kill or anything

Specials:
up-b is slow. turnips are weaker and disappear. side b got slight buffs, but still seems like a situational move. Toad got some buffs, but counter moves get too predictable if used often.

throws:
No combos, not enough good knockback

It seems like they majorly nerfed all of her good melee attacks, and buffed some of the average ones, but not enough that they make up for her nerfs.

The thing is, that's all just what I've heard and seen. I have yet to experience Brawl for myself. However, if all of this is true, Peach seems to have been nerfed to death, and I will most likely switch.
If a lot of what you heard came from these forums then it's not too surprising that you have a negative outlook on Peach. I haven't played it either, but to completely abandon a character so soon seems melodramatic to me.

Up B got slower but it has more reach . . . and it kills now. Buffs outweigh nerfs there in my opinion.

Turnips don't disappear. I don't know where you heard that from. http://youtube.com/watch?v=zOAObEfrovU There's a video. Around 50 seconds, the turnip clearly hits the opponent and bounces back.

Counters are predictable when used too often . . . but so is every other move.

D-Smash does more than 5% . . . . Go to the video again. Around 1:50, you see him connect a d-smash for 11% then again at 1:55-ish for 10%. It's a lot weaker now, but it's not as weak as other people may have said. Even if it wasn't weakened, because of the new gameplay system you wouldn't be able to go d-smash happy anyway since it would diminish in strength over time. And that goes for all characters/moves.

From what I heard, U-tilt misses short characters but can still hit regular characters standing. But even if it does miss grounded characters, it's still not really "situational" to the point of being impractical since it's not uncommon for an opponent to be in the air above you. It's just more of an anti-air move in that case.

kutebabidear

Smash Rookie
Sydney Australia, fast internet. no items & s
why do peach haters feel the need to expose their ignorance to the rest of the world? :confused:

No matter what ppl say, anyone that chooses to play as Peach is entitled to playing her.

As for ppl complaining peach is 'nerfed', I think the correct word would be balanced.

I read elsewhere that the developers tried their best to make the characters as balanced as possible, and looking at the new Peach, the things she lost is balanced out by the things she gained.

Instead of complaining about the things that are not there anymore, how about try embracing the new improved moves of hers ;)

Brawl is still an amazing game, I've played since N64 and used Jigglypuff then, (I still remember most ppl's response to that choice was "Wtf" but that "wtf" translated to the end of the match when they got beaten up by a pink fluff ball)

I think same will happen here. Now that many are thinking 'oh peach sux shes weak blah blah' and probably get beaten up by peach in online battles etc lol

I totally agree :bee:

Seriously, instead of crying over spilt milk, try to use the new Peach buffs to your advantage. :bee:

if you try to play peach like you did in Melee, you probably won't win, but if you use her new improvements to your advantage, you can win plenty of matches. (my friend is a marth main and he's a smash bros freak just like me but I still win equal amount of matches against his Marth ;);) )

Niko_K

Smash Master
For me specifically, it's not if she's nerfed or not. It's how playable she is. For example, my second character in Melee is Bowser (yes Peach, then Bowser. I'm weird). He was tough to use, but at least he could at least do some stuff: kind of combo, wonderful power, amazing edge-guard game. Many of Peach's current moves look kinda useless.

Smashes:
Foward and Up smash are good. I guess they should be used as kill moves. Down smash is useless. From what I hear, I probably just won't use it in matches. It's gonna be tough to go from a "D-smash to your heart's content" mindset to a "Stay away from D-smash at all costs" mindset.

Tilts:
I hear ftilt is better. Utilt has more range, but apparently it's still situational, since if the person is next to you it won't hit them

jab:
too much knockback to combo, not enough to kill or anything

Specials:
up-b is slow. turnips are weaker and disappear. side b got slight buffs, but still seems like a situational move. Toad got some buffs, but counter moves get too predictable if used often.

throws:
No combos, not enough good knockback

It seems like they majorly nerfed all of her good melee attacks, and buffed some of the average ones, but not enough that they make up for her nerfs.

The thing is, that's all just what I've heard and seen. I have yet to experience Brawl for myself. However, if all of this is true, Peach seems to have been nerfed to death, and I will most likely switch.
Smashes: Fsmash and Usmash are both great killing moves, you just need to know how to set them both up. Usmash is best used either by hyphen smashing or getting them to land ontop of it. Fsmash usually kills around 110-140 depending on which weapon pulls out. Also whoever says Dsmash is useless now is ********, they are just used to its ridiculous range, if you get it in range you can easily do at least 10 damage and the knockback is very low so you can combo out of it. Don't listen to all the negative talkers.

Aerials: Fair has been greatly buffed, you can kill with fair anywhere from 95-150 depending on the character, It has nearly no landing lag and is one of peaches best attacks, Bair has two hitboxes now and can deliver 20+ damage if both hitboxes hit. It is also a killing move and a great edgeguard. If your floating and bair THEN land in the direction you are bairing, you will gain a lot of ditance on the stage and once again this move has barely any landing lag. Nair has been nerfed in knockback and startup time and isn't too good of an option compared to a lot of your other moves, but due to diminshing knockbacks and attack percentages you can still use this move to mix it up. Uair just had ridiculous range and it great when any character is above you, it does decent damage and can KO an opponent around 130. Dair is a great approach and the 4th kick sends them up high enough for you to connect with a uair at medium percentages. at lower percentages you can connect with any other aerial. It is also great for edge guarding someone at high percentages. I love to dair and then air dodge into a shield grab at low percentages.

Tilts: Ftilt is just amazing. It has amazing range from right above peach to a decent distance in front of her. It swipes like this ) and it sends the character above your head so you can connect with Usmash, reverse grab, reverse slaps and Fsmash all at lower percents. At mid percents it connects well into Utilt, and at higher percents you can jump up for your ridiculous Uair. Her Dtilt also has very good range and is great when someone is dash attacking out or trying to Shield Cancel Grab you. Utilt has more range than your Usmash and is great for hitting people from underneath platforms or in ways I mentioned in earlier connections.

Jabs: The amount of knockback is actually awesome for this move since it has the least start up lag out of all of her moves, it is a great way to keep your opponent at a distance giving you a bit more time to stratagize.

Specials: Up B now is a killing move at higher percentages (150-190 depending on character) and you can juggle your opponent in the air with it...the timing is just different from melee. Also her turnips are absolutely amazing now that we have glide tossing and dodge dropping. The turnips have their own metagame now. You can either spam turnips at them, glide toss turnips towards them if they are in front of you, or my favorite when they are infront of you AND above you glide toss a turnip upwards. The peach bomber is absolutely amazing for chasing techs rolls and recovery from the edge. Plus toad is actually useful now! Just keep in mind the bit of start up lag.

Throws: Fthrow has been greatly nerfed but that doesn't matter, you can combo with dthrow. Dthrow > Ftilt or Dthrow >Utilt works great at lower percentages. During mid percentages dthrow to Uair works great since Uairs range is so ridiculous. Also Uthrow also has some combo ability at low to mid percentages...all involving ftilt, Uair, Usmash and even Bair.

What you have to keep in your mind is not to try to play peach like melee, learn a new way to play with her and learn her NEW advantages and disadvantages and you will progress nicely.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
No, I meant turnips disappear when they hit your shield. Look at that same video, 1:02. In melee, shielding a turnip meant bouncing it up, and making it extremely annoying to you. Now characters can just shield a turnip and forget about it.

Do you know what damage up-b kills at?
EDIT: Nevermind, I just read above post. That's a pretty high damage, though. I would probably just try to finish off with another move before that.

And the fact that d-smash doesn't even kill in sudden death is kind of an inexcusable nerf...
EDIT2: Plus, now that it doesn't eat away at shields, it can be shield grabbed. Kind of ridiculous...

Like I said, I'm still going to try her out, but from what people are saying, I think I might drop her as a main.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Not to be cocky or anything but NES doesn't play peach to her full potential. The techniques I discovered greatly add to peaches metagame. No doubt he is great with peach, but saying he plays her to the full potential is a little drastic imo.

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
So what do you propose for killing people, now that we don't have a godly fthrow->edgeguard or dsmash?

I guess you could use fsmash and usmash, but situationally (I seem to be using that word an awful lot now...).

Aerials are strong, but easily shield grabbed without float cancelling now. If fair lands, I can see it killing at decent damage.

Essentially, in Melee, when the opponent got to a certain damage, Peach players just thought, "Okay, here's where I land a dsmash, fthrow, or FC'd aerial for the kill." We just don't seem to have any moves like that in Brawl.

Niko_K

Smash Master
These are my favorites.

Slide Canceled Usmash
Hyphen Smash Usmash
Floating fair then move backwards for the spacing
Uair
Dair > Uair
Dthrow to double jump fair
Bair Edgeguarding

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
From what I remember, pretty much anyone can jump out of any combo involving a throw unless they're at like... 0%.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Lol that's the spirit...good response
oh and btw you should come to the last Melee tournament at Farmingdale State College next Friday and Saturday...a lot of people are coming and i remember how well you did last time lol
Hmm.....I need more directions and info and I'll be there. Thanks for telling me this.

I totally agree :bee:

Seriously, instead of crying over spilt milk, try to use the new Peach buffs to your advantage. :bee:

if you try to play peach like you did in Melee, you probably won't win, but if you use her new improvements to your advantage, you can win plenty of matches. (my friend is a marth main and he's a smash bros freak just like me but I still win equal amount of matches against his Marth ;);) )
This game is now based on creativity. If you are not creative and do as you are use too you are not gonna do well. You have to create your own way of playing. Thats why with me not really touching the game that much, I can go even with people who play it alot. I thibj creative. Play around with stuff, hell, even take some daring risk. recreate!

Smashes: Fsmash and Usmash are both great killing moves, you just need to know how to set them both up. Usmash is best used either by hyphen smashing or getting them to land ontop of it. Fsmash usually kills around 110-140 depending on which weapon pulls out. Also whoever says Dsmash is useless now is ********, they are just used to its ridiculous range, if you get it in range you can easily do at least 10 damage and the knockback is very low so you can combo out of it. Don't listen to all the negative talkers.

Aerials: Fair has been greatly buffed, you can kill with fair anywhere from 95-150 depending on the character, It has nearly no landing lag and is one of peaches best attacks, Bair has two hitboxes now and can deliver 20+ damage if both hitboxes hit. It is also a killing move and a great edgeguard. If your floating and bair THEN land in the direction you are bairing, you will gain a lot of ditance on the stage and once again this move has barely any landing lag. Nair has been nerfed in knockback and startup time and isn't too good of an option compared to a lot of your other moves, but due to diminshing knockbacks and attack percentages you can still use this move to mix it up. Uair just had ridiculous range and it great when any character is above you, it does decent damage and can KO an opponent around 130. Dair is a great approach and the 4th kick sends them up high enough for you to connect with a uair at medium percentages. at lower percentages you can connect with any other aerial. It is also great for edge guarding someone at high percentages. I love to dair and then air dodge into a shield grab at low percentages.

Tilts: Ftilt is just amazing. It has amazing range from right above peach to a decent distance in front of her. It swipes like this ) and it sends the character above your head so you can connect with Usmash, reverse grab, reverse slaps and Fsmash all at lower percents. At mid percents it connects well into Utilt, and at higher percents you can jump up for your ridiculous Uair. Her Dtilt also has very good range and is great when someone is dash attacking out or trying to Shield Cancel Grab you. Utilt has more range than your Usmash and is great for hitting people from underneath platforms or in ways I mentioned in earlier connections.

Jabs: The amount of knockback is actually awesome for this move since it has the least start up lag out of all of her moves, it is a great way to keep your opponent at a distance giving you a bit more time to stratagize.

Specials: Up B now is a killing move at higher percentages (150-190 depending on character) and you can juggle your opponent in the air with it...the timing is just different from melee. Also her turnips are absolutely amazing now that we have glide tossing and dodge dropping. The turnips have their own metagame now. You can either spam turnips at them, glide toss turnips towards them if they are in front of you, or my favorite when they are infront of you AND above you glide toss a turnip upwards. The peach bomber is absolutely amazing for chasing techs rolls and recovery from the edge. Plus toad is actually useful now! Just keep in mind the bit of start up lag.

Throws: Fthrow has been greatly nerfed but that doesn't matter, you can combo with dthrow. Dthrow > Ftilt or Dthrow >Utilt works great at lower percentages. During mid percentages dthrow to Uair works great since Uairs range is so ridiculous. Also Uthrow also has some combo ability at low to mid percentages...all involving ftilt, Uair, Usmash and even Bair.

What you have to keep in your mind is not to try to play peach like melee, learn a new way to play with her and learn her NEW advantages and disadvantages and you will progress nicely.
Why do I wanna hug this kid right now, give him 10 bucks and free Peach tea....

Not to be cocky or anything but NES doesn't play peach to her full potential. The techniques I discovered greatly add to peaches metagame. No doubt he is great with peach, but saying he plays her to the full potential is a little drastic imo.
Dispite that, he is still like one of the Peach brawl Peach players out on youtube right now. I so wanna play this kid. I like his style. Interesting to me. Me and him would have a hot fight!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you guys think Peach sucks so much why are you guys here in this forum?
Because I still like Peach? She just won't be my first pick in competitive gaming, though.

The game hasn't been out for month yet, not to mention it's not even out in America. What "gamebreaking new strategies" do you expect to find when a vast majority of people haven't even played it yet? Oh but you've played it for . . . a week or two now? Maybe? Yeah, that's really extensive playing you've done. I'm sure you've learned all the ins and outs of the game already.
Oh, I've played it for 5 weeks. And many more have.

And when I say "game-breaking", I do mean game-breaking. It won't suffice to discover just a new or even a bunch of new Advanced Techniques on the scale of L-canceling. Unless we find some techniques that only Peach can use that really changes everything about her, she won't be a very good character.

When I say that, I mean things like Waveshining. Give Peach something equivalent to Waveshining and she'll be High. If not, then no.

"No combos, no KO-moves, no high-damaging moves."

Which is clearly is exaggeration. Everybody has combos. If she had no KO-moves, she would literally be unable to win unless her opponent SD'd 4 times . . . so clearly, she has knock out moves.
She has bad combos. And nothing guaranteed. And the only guaranteed stuff she has is at 0%. No KO-moves that can KO before 150%, just like in Melee (with DI). The only "good" KO move she has is her Frying Pan Fsmash... if it's fully charged (at which point it'll KO at around 130%).

"Oh noes the dsmash can't do 50% damage anymore! Peach suxxorz!"
The thing is that the Dsmash was a great part of why she was High Tier (Top in PAL) in Melee. Take it away and what do you have left? Especially since she didn't receive enough buffs to make up for it.

Your other arguments? She can't wall bomb anymore? As if wall bombing was ever useful or an integral part of your strategies? You say she can't float cancel? Well, nobody can L-Cancel anymore. And we've shown she has next to no lag if you finish your attack before you land.
Who cares if she has little lag when landing with an aerial?! She cannot approach from the air because she still lags too much to be safe! Meanwhile, other characters are safe if they space it. Peach, not so much. The safest thing is Bair if you space it right and the opponent isn't smart enough to shieldhop into something at you.

She doesn't really have many approach stategies on the ground either since her grab range isn't Melee-Marthish (though better). Her dashattack still sucks as an approach since a shielded DA means punishment, there's no Dash Canceling so she can't Dash Canceling into a tilt unless you're gonna Shield Cancel into a tilt (which would be quite suicidal unless the opponent was a bad player).

In short, she's pretty bad at approaching. Meanwhile, a lot of others aren't... and some of them have great combos, KO-moves and high-damaging moves/combos.

I shouldve mentioned that, the dthrow to utilt is meant to be at 0 percent xD
A lot of things work at 0%. Don't bother to mention combos that only work at 0% and it's quite misleading to then not mention they only work at 0% because people will think they work at higher %s as well.

As was observed several times, certain characters are counters for other characters, and some characters can counter them.

While she may be worse off overall, there may be a few characters that she does absolutely amazing against, which she would be the ideal counterpick against. So it's not like we won't be able to use her at ALL in tournaments, but she won't be as useful against as many matchups.

Plus, I'm going to field a guess and say that you'll likely have the "inexperience" handicap a lot of the time from people underestimating her, or not having gotten enough practice against her. Such is the case when so many people decide to drop her because she lost so much in the game transition.
There are far better characters to use than Peach as a counter to some obscure characters. Like Marth. Just play Marth.

Also, never pick a character for the "novelty" status. You might be able to beat some inexperienced people but you'll never be able to beat anyone experienced. You'll never get a high placing using a Novelty Character unless you're really good with it (like Azen). Otherwise, you'll get crushed eventually. Better to put time and effort on an actually good character than on a Novelty one in the hopes of winning against random N00bs

This game is now based on creativity. If you are not creative and do as you are use too you are not gonna do well. You have to create your own way of playing. Thats why with me not really touching the game that much, I can go even with people who play it alot. I thibj creative. Play around with stuff, hell, even take some daring risk. recreate!
Creativity means squat if it doesn't work. Give Peach to Cort. Give Marth to Ken. TGive them 4 months to practice. See how well they do and then talk about "Creativity". Creativity is fun, flashy and all. But it means squat if it's easily countered.

I think I accidentally mixed in replies to post from two threads into this post. Sorry for that.

kutebabidear

Smash Rookie
Sydney Australia, fast internet. no items & s

i know right, :bee:

instead of trying to over analyze every move, its best to trust your intuition instead and play with creativity :D

that's how i win with peach too ;)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
i know right, :bee:

instead of trying to over analyze every move, its best to trust your intuition instead and play with creativity :D

that's how i win with peach too ;)
Creativity means squat if there ain't much you can do no matter how creative you are unless the opponent screws up a lot.

I mean, creative people could do lots of things with, say, Pichu and Mewtwo. But how well did they ever do against really, really good players who weren't just randomly surprised by these new styles and "creative" tactics?

Creativity without potential is not good.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
F uck peach, she is **** now
F uck her i say
....F uck her
Creativity means squat if there ain't much you can do no matter how creative you are unless the opponent screws up a lot.

I mean, creative people could do lots of things with, say, Pichu and Mewtwo. But how well did they ever do against really, really good players who weren't just randomly surprised by these new styles and "creative" tactics?

Creativity without potential is not good.
Hey, how about you 2 get a room and cry about Peach together?

Pro: Who ever knew you turn out to be an azz all cause you cant use your favorite character like melee. How about this........we dont give a **** what you gotta say about her, we dont give a **** if she sucks, and we clearly dont give a **** for what you want or hear. So change your avatar, your sig and leave. You are just trolling around. You wanna win so bad, play someone else and GTFO! Tired of you ladies *****ing.......

Yuna: .............................................................................................................................

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Okay, everyone shut up. Seriously. There are like, three or four threads on the Peach boards of people complaining about why Peach sucks and is bad and whatever. That's pretty ridiculous, even for Peach. And it's pretty obvious nobody is changing his or her opinion of Peach, so the argument is going nowhere. On the flip side, a bunch of the people who are staying with Peach seem to have this attitude of "**** you for abandoning Peach" and are generally giving high-fives to each other over bashing Cort/Yuna/whoever.

We get it, Peach is different, she might be worse than Melee, there are better characters, fine. You don't have to argue that people are stupid for using her, or that there are potential techniques and metagame to make her better, or whatever because nothing's changing anyone's decision.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yuna: .............................................................................................................................
Nice reply.

"If you can't beat their arguments, just don't reply to them."

No really, creativity means jack squat if your character has no potential. You can be creative. But what's stopping that other Marth from being creative back and destroying you? Or just destroying you without being creative at all?

Creativity in a fighting game does not in any way magically enhance a characters' potential.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Nice reply.

No really, creativity means jack squat if your character has no potential. You can be creative. But what's stopping that other Marth from being creative back and destroying you? Or just destroying you without being creative at all?

Creativity in a fighting game does not in any way magically enhance a characters' potential.
I did that cause your freaking unreal. Every **** time I see you post its something thats insane and dumb. I am running out of words for you.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Nice reply.

Why are you so agitated by Marth being better? The advantages that Marth had over Peach existed in Melee too.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I did that cause your freaking unreal. Every **** time I see you post its something thats insane and dumb. I am running out of words for you.
It's unreal, insane and dumb?

As opposed to you saying "Peach can still win! You just have to be creative!" as if being creative will magically make her metagame better? How is that not insane?! Why are you such a Peach fanboy, anyway?! Why can't you acknowledge that she's been nerfed quite badly and that her potential (as we know it at the moment at least) is really not that high when compared to that of a lot of other characters', which means she'll probably be Mid or something?

Here's an interesting tidbit:
Not once have you been able to say "You are wrong about what you're saying about Peach because..." when I talk about how Peach works now.

Why is that? If Peach is so good and I'm so wrong, how come you can't counter my arguments for why certain things won't work, why certain moves aren't really that good and why she'll probably be Mid Tier?

You calling me names doesn't really discredit my extremely valid points based on extensive testing of her metagame! Try to find counter-arguments to my arguments.

At least when I flame, I put forth arguments for why the recipient(s) deserve the flaming (counter-arguments and arguments for why they're wrong).

ummm...the point is that this is the same stuff people were thinking when Melee first came out, and look how Peach turned out...
I'm sorry, what? Were you here? Did people say "Peach sucks" back then? Also, back then, the community was quite small and they knew nothing about anything. It took them years to figure out a lot of things.

Nowadays, the community is so vetted and large we can determine how good a character is gonna be based on their meta-game after extensive testing for a short period of time. And from what we know so far, barring finding out a slew of Peach-specific techniques that make her rise exponentially in potential, she's not that good.

Why are you so agitated by Marth being better? The advantages that Marth had over Peach existed in Melee too.
Marth is just a prime example of a character that's Top Tier material in Brawl. I could name others, some new, some old, some that got nerfed but in no way as badly as Peach.

Peach was badly nerfed. She's now Mid Tier at most, no matter how creative Drk.Peach is gonna play her. Live with it instead of arguing about how great she has to be because, she's Peach, ya'll, like some crazed fan boys. Her metagame won't change just because you wish it to.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
she'll probably be Mid or something
I've yet to read someone saying Peach is Top Tier. This is the Peach sub-board, are you seriously surprised that we'll play her anyway?

At least when I flame...
LOL

Please, ex-Peach pros. PLEASE ~_~ Leave us alone, some of us are not quitting Peach just because you did. We acknowledge how good you are, but we just don't care how bad you think she is, even if we totally get your point. You are just turning this into a flame war. Smash Bros. was designed so you can choose you favorite character and have fun. Let us try to be good using our favorite character.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Being creative does not only make the character play better, but you a better player as well. Doing the same **** and not switching up is not gonna get you the win. Its not gonna get you the win off the back, but you will do much better then playing like everyone else. People will get use to stuff and know how to respond to it. if your random, people wont know what to expect all the time.

Now if the other player did the same then thats fine. Anyones game if both on the same skill level. like me, I play random and creative. I could walk up to you, then out of no where, walk away. Why I do this? cause people will expect some kind of quick set up and expect me to play all fast....and I am just keeping it cool., they rush at me with some attack miss, and I get a free hit.

Or I can just Run/walk to you ..............and do nothing. Why did I stop in your face out of know where? what am I gonna do?, am I gonna walk away? wavedash back to a grab, air attack or run away? wait for you to throw the first punch. So many things I can do off the random at that moment. And my enemy has a split second to do something or see what is coming. Usually people get scared and side step. then there is my chance. or keep thier sheild up or roll. And I do it at random moments. Never with the same set ups. that makes it even harder for people to see what is comming.

Thats how I mess with peoples heads. I make you over think so I dont have too, flinch and I take it from there. Thats how I play creative. do random, ******** things, and sometimes I make it obvious. I let people see what I am trying to do. Like with my upsmash. and people still get hit. They are not use to when people think OUTSIDE the box nearly all the time. And that gives me the upper hand. Now this does not mean I win all the time. You dont hear me as a pro and scoring high in tournaments. But it does help me go even with some big names even if I am not on thier level. and make it so I can get the win off. And this is something you will never understand cause you always go by the bokk and want to do the same thing from melee to brawl and when it does not suit your taste you come here and cry about it and confuse peoples heads cause you failed. Not everyone thinks and plays like you. thats for sure in this game. so if you fail (dont care how long you played) dont give crap like this to people....who are playing Peach better than you are and know what the hell is up.

This is the style I created. I try to make my Peach like no one else. I create my own character. And I'm trying to teach up coming Peach players how to do the same. Some come to me and I shows them the mind of a Player, and how to toy with there heads just by being simple. No one thinks the same. They may have the same strats, but use them DIFFERENT. And since this is a DIFFERENT game, Thats how it will be based. Thats what I am showing and teaching new players (Peach players) so they can get better and not listen to your bullcrap you have been spreading around here. cause Yuna, WE ARE ALL TIRED OF IT!

You can cry and ***** and moan about this and that. But we dont care how wrong you as like you have been over and over. same goes for anyone else. WE.........DONT........CARE! You dont like Peach, dont play her, stop *****ing about this and that about her and GTFO! how hard is that? Look I'll guide you

Take your mouse, and click on brawl character discussion and go and click on a character you wanna win with or is good in your eyes and stay in there. Cause we are tired of this and its ticking people off. We clearly dont want you in here and had enough with your crying. So make like a damm turnip and throw yourself out.

Oh, and I am not gonna counter your arguments with words cause its best to freaking show you. Which I will do 2morrow on video. And you will never learn anything is stuff is just giving to you or explained. And since your going around with your crying, You need to learn some **** and get THAT MELEE MINDSET OUT YOUR HEAD!

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've yet to read someone saying Peach is Top Tier. This is the Peach sub-board, are you seriously surprised that we'll play her anyway?

Please, ex-Peach pros. PLEASE ~_~ Leave us alone, some of us are not quitting Peach just because you did. We acknowledge how good you are, but we just don't care how bad you think she is, even if we totally get your point. You are just turning this into a flame war. Smash Bros. was designed so you can choose you favorite character and have fun. Let us try to be good using our favorite character.
When did I say a lot of people are claiming she'll be Top Tier material? When did I say you have to quit her or that I'm here to convince you to quit her?

Put people like Drk.Peach are talking about her as if she's at least High Tier material, as if she's really, really good, as if "playing creatively" will magically make her good competition for the likes of Brawl Marth, as if she's got a lot of options, combos, KO-options, potential and other things she doesn't actually have.

It is not only misleading, it is also misinformation. Now if someone were to say "Peach's Fsmash sucks in Brawl", I would correct them all the same and point how much better it is now. I am simply stating facts and refuting misinformation put forth by people who apparently have played the game and are embelleshing her attributes waaaaaay too much (like "Peach's Fsmash can kill at 110%" and "Dthrow can combo" and other things).

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Put people like Drk.Peach are talking about her as if she's at least High Tier material, as if she's really, really good, as if "playing creatively" will magically make her good competition for the likes of Brawl Marth, as if she's got a lot of options, combos, KO-options, potential and other things she doesn't actually have.
Why cause you dont see me *****ing about her bad side. Cause I'm always talking about whats good about Peach. Why the hell would I let her bad side determind how I should think of how I use Peach. Her bad side is just her weakness. And I protect it with her good side. Peach has alot of good things about her. Its not all bad. All you have been doing is *****ing about her bad side. And she does have KO-options and potential. Yuna just knock this crap off already.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
When did I say a lot of people are claiming she'll be Top Tier material? When did I say you have to quit her or that I'm here to convince you to quit her?
Then what the heck are you doing? Reminding us how much Peach sucks? Please, stop it.

Take your mouse, and click on brawl character discussion and go and click on a character you wanna win with or is good in your eyes and stay in there.
This should be stickied ^^

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace

It is not only misleading, it is also misinformation. Now if someone were to say "Peach's Fsmash sucks in Brawl", I would correct them all the same and point how much better it is now. I am simply stating facts and refuting misinformation put forth by people who apparently have played the game and are embelleshing her attributes waaaaaay too much (like "Peach's Fsmash can kill at 110%" and "Dthrow can combo" and other things).
A lot of your posts are misleading too, not because they present wrong information, but because you're melodramatic and you emphasize the negatives:

Dsmash - Nerfed into infinity. No CC, so the opponent can't CC it to receive the full damage at any percent. A full direct hit will inflict, like, 21% at most. Has virtually no knockback (will not KO in Sudden Death), has a reduced hitbox.
"into infinity" a bit melodramatic. I'll agree that it's not as strong or as good, but you have to admit that an uncharged d-smash that can do 50% is a bit unfair.

Fair - Faster on both startup and cool-down. Still not as fast as most Fairs (Sheik, Marth, Fox, Falco, pretty much anyone else in the game).
It's never been as fast as Sheik's, Marth's, Fox's, or Falco's, or most of the other people's f-air, but it was still used a lot. So what's the point of mentioning that? It got buffed. You could've just left it at that, but you add in the negative.

Up B - Extends further away from her body now. However, fastfalling it will cause her to still fall quite slowly. Will have a landing lag animation even if you fastfall it. Auto-sweetspots if below the edge and close enough. Can KO now.
You keep emphasizing how slow it is (not neccessarily in this post) but you keep overlooking the fact that it has more reach and it kills now.

Peach Bomber - Makes her fly forward a greater distance. Will sometimes semi-spike (though the knockback is too small to actually make a difference), faster on startup and cooldown. She'll bounce her upwards now from a hit, but only if it hits a person or Sandbag. Will not bounce off of walls.
Toad - Faster on startup and cooldown. Still too slow. Can KO now (knockback no longer set).
So Peach Bomber starts up faster, has less lag, has a greater distance, and "semi-spikes" but all you ever mention in your other posts is that it doesn't start up fast enough and that you can't wall bomb anymore as if that's a technique that will be greatly missed.

Beam-sword (hers) has been nerfed - No range on anything.
Completely uninformative because you exaggerate it's "lack of range."

Top Bottom