• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

...Why does Sheik have a blade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Oh I also forgot
when Sheik wins a match, the screen goes black and the word "Fatality" comes up on the screen in Red. In the background you hear the losing character scream and when the screen comes back, sheik is putting the blade away.

Good stuff

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
She'll use it for her victory taunt. She tosses it up, grabs it midair and tosses it at the camera, breaks right through the fourth wall and stabs the losing player.
Maybe a fully charged needle storm would be finished off by tossing a heavier knife after the needles?

hjihjihjihji

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-3014-8369
Is it definately a blade?

I thought it was a quiver to hold light arrows for her final smash.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Sheiks move set may be tweaked to accommodate for the dagger, but most likely it is just because of the concept art for Twilight Princess the new Sheik was meant to use a dagger (assassinations).

Also the reason Captain Falcon has a gun is because he uses a gun in F-Zero, if you read the comic that comes with the first F-Zero, they make reference that he uses it to when hunting bounties.

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
I had a Ocarina of Time poster once and it showed Shiek fighting along side with Adult Link and she had knife with her.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
Sheik *does* have a blade in Ocarina of Time. It's never in the actual game, but in her official artwork, she has it...let me upload some pics....

Edit: Oh...i guess someone already posted the pic... Well, since I already went through the trouble of taking pictures and uploading...here you go anyway. The un-mirrored version

NDUDE

Smash Ace
Sheik *does* have a blade in Ocarina of Time. It's never in the actual game, but in her official artwork, she has it...let me upload some pics....

Edit: Oh...i guess someone already posted the pic... Well, since I already went through the trouble of taking pictures and uploading...here you go anyway. The un-mirrored version

Forgot about that entirely...Still, why not have it in Melee...or any other OoT artwork? :dizzy:

geogaither

Smash Apprentice
just because she has it doesn't mean she'll use it
sheesh
also, gogo no knockback!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Why the hell are you discussing this? It's TP Sheik, not Ocarina's Sheik even Sakurai said so in the update.

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
Sheik seems to me be more based on a conceptualized Middle Eastern fighting style and to a lesser extent, a design very vaguely reminiscent of that area of the world. Assassin fighting techniques such as Janna employed knives primarily more than any other weapon. It'd seem fitting for her character design from the beginning of OoT.

kobefox2485

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alfredo24pr
its like where her whip is stored and also her like ninja thingys that she throws. i mean her weapons cant come out of nowhere. its an improved look :D

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I have a shirt that has some official art on it from OoT where Link is fighting off Stalfos with Sheik and she has a kodachi...

J18

Smash Journeyman
yeah i was a little curious about the blade. i wonder if it'll be incorporated in any of her attacks. of course, it could just be a "for looks" things, in which case we're severely over analyzing this aspect...as usual..

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
I don't care what she has as long as shes included in the game.But it would be very interesting if she actually uses it in battle.But it's more likely a part of the Twilight P. design.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
We already know shiek is a girl. Why do you think Zelda changes into her? Its Zelda in disguise as a man, so all the people who think shiek is a guy, they fell for the disguise.
There are a lot of people who think (and this is gross and wrong) that Zelda actually physically turns into a male, parts and all... O_O They need help.

Anyways, a change is good. New weapon. Obviously Sheik is going to be different in Brawl than she was in Melee.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I never thought she was supposed to be a man.... I always thought she was just supposed to be ambiguous...

having features of both to add to her mysterious character... (flat chest but feminine thighs etc...)

Brawl sheik looks much more feminine now though...

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
yeah her new design really really amazed me...

I didn't like using her too much in melee... but she just looks way too cool to pass up in brawl ;)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
She gets a knife because she's essentially a Ninja. And as we all know, Ninja's can use whatever they want because they can kill with whatever they have. Also because they're above the laws of man and nature and don't have to make any logical sense because they just kill all opposition.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I agree, and she looks amazing! :) I might actually play her.
I have to agree. She looks straight up amazing, and I wonder what Twilight Princess would be like WITH SHEIK! :confused: Anyways, I wonder if Sheik will be in future Zelda games=??? As for Sheik, she looks balanced, but made like a high tier, like the rest of the roster. She looks to have a diffrent style, and I gotta say I prefer this play style look to Melee's, too.

Sheik is currently on the list of characters that are confirmed in Brawl that I might use/main. Of course-it's a 25 character list! :laugh:

As for the knife, it's "Twilight Princess" Sheik, not Ocarina of Time Sheik. Hopefully Sheik makes a return in the Zelda series with that awsome look! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom