• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

...Why does Sheik have a blade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDUDE

Smash Ace

Look at her right hip. There's a small, sheathed blade. You can see it more clearly here:

She never had a blade before...

Not in OoT...

...or SSBM!

I think it's just there to look cooler, kinda like Captain Falcon's gun holster (yes, he has a gun holster on his waist) since Sakurai mentioned that he doesn't want to use daggers (see: Snake) since they seem more violent in different parts of the world. Of course, she might use it more as a ninja rather than the way Snake would use it...

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
1. She's a ninja, and that's a standard weapon for ninja's.
2. Why does C.Falcon have a pistol? For looks!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Maybe to make her dash attack a little more realistic? I mean... the sound of slicing when she uses her bare hands to attack is kinda weird back in Melee..

Or maybe she won't use it at all and it's just there for looks.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
They are giving Sheik her tilts new hitboxes, like Marth in Melee. They will also increase her range and knockback. She can do tippers now. On top, needles store twice as fast and do more damage, they also meteor smash when your hit in the air. On top, she'll be getting wings for gliding.

supa*

Smash Cadet
Who cares about little things like that? :p

Does this settle the arguement on Sheik's gender finally? -__-

Dojo says "she" as plain as day.

On a side note, I'm glad for those who wanted Sheik to get back in, but I never really saw her as a deserving PC in the first place... yes before you question me, I have played OoT.

Hopefully my distaste for her will be sweetened via her not having a completely broken moveset this time :D.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
But she wasn't in TP. It would've been cool to have Shiek in that game. It may be that she pulls it out on certain attacks or it may be that it's just for looks. Maybe the thought was that in TP they wanted Zelda to change to Shiek at a certain point and then at the Final Battle change into her? I dunno. I guess it is settled. Thanks Dojo for settling that argument! But wait, the manual in Metroid says Samus is a guy :chuckle:.

Talendime

Smash Ace
Oh god ndude.. you're such a noob..

How do you think she gets the margarine on her toast in the morning? She couldn't find a butter-knife so she just picked up that trusty little short-sword to use instead.

Which would also explain the band-aids on her fingers..
Ohh Sheik.. you clumsy little thing..

UltimateShinigami

Smash Journeyman
Currently in da StL, but home in Ft Lauderdale eve

On a side note, I'm glad for those who wanted Sheik to get back in, but I never really saw her as a deserving PC in the first place... yes before you question me, I have played OoT.

Hopefully my distaste for her will be sweetened via her not having a completely broken moveset this time :D.
We already know shiek is a girl. Why do you think Zelda changes into her? Its Zelda in disguise as a man, so all the people who think shiek is a guy, they fell for the disguise.

Also on topic, it specifically said that the brawl shiek is based on sketches that were compiled during the making of twilight princess. If she was in that game, she would have had that blade and you wouldn't be asking this question

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice

Technically, the Dojo isn't Zelda canon so her gender is still up for debate (at least for the LoZ series) but most people now, using common sense, consider her female.

And Sheik was never in TP, but that is an awesome model...I wish she had been in :p. Dagger is probably for show.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Why does Sheik have a dagger?

Because.
Of.
Her.
New.
Weaker.
Low-knockback.
Combo-only.
MOVESET!

A HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

JayceMJ

Smash Apprentice
Considering what happened in TP my bets go that Sheik and Zelda were going to be two separate people.

atom-smasher

Smash Rookie
Well this model shows b00bs. And not too shabby as well. And as this IS her TW look, I would say it ends it for the LoZ series as well.
It doesn't show any boobs where do u see boobs. i think this is the best looking shiek ever. and she kinda looks a bit buffer than before. ah yes zelda has never been more manlier oh and did any notice the swwt lookin braid nice

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Its for ****s and giggles.
Seriously, it looks pretty. I though it was a good idea... Seems to make Sheik seem more like Impa, the person Zelda modeled herself after in OoT. Or something. I'll elaborate.

atom-smasher

Smash Rookie
light arrows for a final smash hmm i wonder how that will look but will it be the move for both of them is the question

Blackadder

Smash Master
....Rule Of Cool, of course!
It's a completely useless tidbit, for sure, but dang, it looks awesome!

...I like posting.

*Goes back to anime watching*

EDIT:
O_o!!!!

Fawriel! STUDY!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Most likely for show I guess, probably added to make her look more Ninja like. It is possible she could add it to her moveset (in a similar fashion to how Fox now has a device for his reflector), though the only moves I can think of that could implement it are her Dash, up smash and possibly her F Air.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
Its because Sakurai realized sheik wasn't god tier yet so to solve this he gave her disjounted hitbox.
JK

Macc

Smash Rookie
I think what you're missing, more importantly, is the fact that Shiek has boobs! :D mmm Ninja girls pwn... >.> Well, what I meant to say is that Shiek is newly defined to fit a nonexsistant twilight princess role and we should expect whatever they made up with that. It's their game after all, not ours!

Macc out

rklamer

Smash Cadet
obviously the TP design included a blade.

This.

There's no real way to tell as to why Sakurai decided on a blade. I've never seen him/her have it, either. We all know his/her special moves, and they're the exact same thing as they were in Melee. No blades required. Maybe a taunt, maybe a new grab/A button move... maybe nothing at all, due to Sakurai's statement on knives.

Elysium

Smash Lord
She wears the blade as a token of victory over Sakurai.

You see, Sheik wasn't originally in Brawl. When Sheik heard she wasn't in she up-B'd all the way to Sakurai's house while he was sleeping and used *that* blade to hold Sakurai at knifepoint and demand a spot. Sakurai, who wanted to keep his throat slice free agreed. That is the real reason Sheik carries that Blade.

It's also a sign that Sheik is going to murder Snake....cuz he's a P*ssy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom