• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does Pikachu counter Jiggs so much?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I am curious to this also, please answer, vets, maybe it is just one of those things that happens because of the characters different playstyles?

Raves

Smash Apprentice
i tink its because:

1.small= sorta hard to rest
2.small= sorta hard to WOP
3.fast?
4.......UP SMASH OF DEATH!!!!!!

.... yea.. i tink thats about it..

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Pikachu is really fast, Jiggs is slow. Pikachu has very strong smashes, except for the downsmash which is still pretty powerful, which can kill at low percents, and I'm talking 50, 60 percents here. Pikachu also has the ability to quickly tack on that 50 or 60 percent with the thundershock and his speed. Pikachu is hard to rest combo due to his fairly light weight, and is hard to wall of pain because of his unpredictable upB; that takes away most of Jigglypuff's game altogether. Jiggs has nothing going for her in this matchup except grab range and aerial range, so Pikachu has several huge advantages. Hope that helps.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Pika has a load of priority in aerial attacks. Although I have never tried anything against Jigglypuff, but I would think many Pika aerials will just tie or beat Jigg's aerials (just means WOP is tough to do against Pika as it would be interrupted a lot).

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I think it's pika's amazing recovery. I'm a n00b at melee(I couldn't even spell it right the first time) but at smash 64, I think its because of jigg's poor stamina(knocks off easy) and if you have ever been a victim of thunder-fliping(using thunder below an airborne opponent to send him higher) you know what I may mean.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Pika's Usmash destroys Jiggz.
He has better range than Jiggz. Examples: Fsmash, uair, utilt, dtilt, neutB.
Pika's insanely fast. He can get combos on Jiggz pretty quick and she has trouble catching him.
His recovery is unpredictable and tougher to get WoP'd.
Pika can ACTUALLY use Thunder on Jiggz, so that's useful.
and lastly:

Pika's Usmash destroys Jiggz.

Top Bottom