• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why does a Brawl combo video forum even exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
my small jazz band video is gonna be the best

also lol @ most brawl players agreeing with OP
Why is that funny?
It's a fact. Brawl has almost no combos. Whether that's bad or not is a matter of opinion. Either way, to say "lolno bawrl haz moar comboes thn u cna cuont" is a straight-up lie.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
well, my brawl combo video was tight LOL

but really, its annoying how boring most brawl "combo" vids are. the game is about reading people and covering their options. its kinda hard to provide a video thats entertaining to those who don't understand high levels of play

EDIT: also, who cares if the combo is escapable or not? the fact is your opponent STILL fell into it, thus making it a combo. most combo vids are clips of your opponents ****ing up, and you capitalizing on it

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: also, who cares if the combo is escapable or not? the fact is your opponent STILL fell into it, thus making it a combo. most combo vids are clips of your opponents ****ing up, and you capitalizing on it
I care it's much cooler to see a zero to death that legitimate in hitstun while you read them in melee as opposed to a joke combo in brawl where you could just get out of all of the "combos" you see

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
oh yeah most def. I love watching real combos lol. I never said brawl combos or their videos are GOOD, I was just saying that it doesn't have to be a 100% true combo for it to be in a video. look at some of the best combo vids out there. my personal favorite is silence. and I know for a fact that not 100% of those are true combos

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
true fact as some of those are reads but many of those lead into tru combo like stomp to knee or knee to knee to KNEE! Haha yeah, that was the first combo vid I ever saw about 4 years ago and then when I got into melee again I always remembered that one green falcon who was really good. Little did I know that that was SS, something I found out years later and it was amazing to see that those two linked together.

Seton

Smash Apprentice
Definition of Combo: the act of combining or the state of being combined.

Cannot read the word unescapable in the definition.

Hax

Smash Champion
lol i loooove how every brawl combo video is edited to emphasize a move as simple as say, ftilt, in the brawl player's attempt to make it entertaining/look like a combo

MRGAY

Smash Cadet
Sounds like a whole lotta butthurt in this thread with no videos woolooloolooloo

Quality thread, would read again.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
It's a shame that someone won't stand that people play games that are worse that Melee. Why the heck was this thread made in "Brawl Combo Videos" -area if this was not meant bashing towards Brawl?

It's a shame that someone won't stand that people play games that are worse that Melee. Why the heck was this thread made in "Brawl Combo Videos" -area if this was not meant bashing towards Brawl?
It's not that I can't tolerate the fact that people play Brawl, it's just a relatively horrible game and most people who choose to play it competitively instead of Melee deserve to have the game clowned on in their own domain.

Competitive Brawl is a joke, how can you play a game that was designed for the exact opposite of competitive play and take it seriously. I'd play it if it wasn't such a bad game.

highfive

Smash Lord
DK64> Brawl.
Brawl< Smash Bros. 64
Smash Bros. 64 > Melee.

Therefore Smash Bros. 64 > Melee > DK64 > Brawl.

This argument makes as much sense as this entire thread.

MOD please lock.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
It's not that I can't tolerate the fact that people play Brawl, it's just a relatively horrible game and most people who choose to play it competitively instead of Melee deserve to have the game clowned on in their own domain.

Competitive Brawl is a joke, how can you play a game that was designed for the exact opposite of competitive play and take it seriously. I'd play it if it wasn't such a bad game.
Understood.

Another thing that I and many others hate is that people make "lolbrawlsux" -argument look like a fact. It's true that Brawl is a little bit on the meh side on competitive scene but anyone can't deny that Brawl is lots of fun. As you said, Brawl was meant to be a party game is true as we all know. Brawl is an excellent party game in fact. That's sad because many of us tend to forget that.

Myself I think that there are loads of excellent Brawl combo videos. The comboes aren't "real" 95% of the time but I don't care as long as they are enjoyable to watch. I also prefer Melee videos over Brawl but both can be very enjoyable in their own ways.

bobson

Smash Lord
So Brawl trolling is mod-approved now?
Or is Silent Wolf just too special to get his threads locked?

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
You all seriously suck. Get some fresh air...

Should I bring up the Special Olympics concept? Cause this is the perfect thread for it.

Smash bros. Community is still getting worse cause none of the veterans of Melee nor Brawl newcomers want to grow up.
These arguements should be banned cause they "overcentralize" the community. Close this piece of **** if you're REALLY a backroom member. I'm not mad, but I'm just sharing two more cents.

That is all.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I wonder if it's even possible to find Brawl players trolling the Melee video section... It seems to be the other way around a whole lot. You mother****ers care too much. Find something to do.

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
It's not a fact that Melee is a better game. People have different opinions. SilentWolf knows this, and so does LoganW. SilentWolf is just trolling and such, and LoganW crawled out of the shadows and started doing the same thing because he's just a follower. "Omg a good Melee player is trolling the Brawl boards so I guess that makes it ok for me to jump in as well."

TP

Smash Master
he is bashing brawl. He's wandering why brawl has a combo section when it doesn't have combos which makes it far superior to melee
Does anyone else find his typo to be the most unintentionally hilarious thing ever?

Ganon is one of the best combo characters in Brawl, if you count tech chasing. Sad but true. Also, Choke>Dtilt is guaranteed without tech chasing on 30 chars, Choke>Jab on 20, Choke>Ftilt on 15, and Choke>Dash Attack on 20. Dair>Usmash>Uair is guaranteed on 10 characters, and does like 60%. O_O The Dair>Usmash part works on about 10 more.

After Ganon chokes an opponent, he has a frame advantage ranging from +8 to +16. If you have good reaction time and know the animations well, you can make some sick combos.

:034:

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
I wonder if it's even possible to find Brawl players trolling the Melee video section... It seems to be the other way around a whole lot. You mother****ers care too much. Find something to do.
It's because they will get undeniably embarrassed.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
And here I was thinking randomly bashing stuff about a game you don't even like/play was embarassing.

Huh.

Eggz

Smash Hero
How could you say Brawl being inferior is only an opinion?
Facts
1 - It has less built in features (in a competitive ruleset)
2 - It has more game centralizing glitches
3 - Higher threshold to make a noticeable gap in skill
4 - The metagame is over centralized toward the high end of the tier list

And its not just about combos, thats just the reason this thread was made.
If it were, 64 would be the better game for having "more combos", which it obviously isn't.

Biggest reasons 64 is worse than Melee

1 - Too much hitstun
+
2 - DI is ineffective.
=
Repetitive nonreciprocal combos.

3 - The biggest and most reoccurring trait in games inferior to melee
less features

Melee has the most features and human interaction (in the compared games, as well as relative to almost all other games).
You can play any style and come out on top as long as its in the right situation, and more characters are viable in high level play.

Melee4life

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Competitive Brawl is a joke, how can you play a game that was designed for the exact opposite of competitive play and take it seriously.
:°°°D
Are you serious?!
You really think that Sakurai designed Melee as a competitive game?!
:°°D
It was designed as a party game, nothing else.

You all seriously suck. Get some fresh air...

Should I bring up the Special Olympics concept? Cause this is the perfect thread for it.

Smash bros. Community is still getting worse cause none of the veterans of Melee nor Brawl newcomers want to grow up.
These arguements should be banned cause they "overcentralize" the community. Close this piece of **** if you're REALLY a backroom member. I'm not mad, but I'm just sharing two more cents.

That is all.
You have my respect.
I play both games and I've no problem to say that I enjoy both in a different way.
If you don't like one game just play the other one and stfu lol.
Grow up a bit.

:°°°D
Are you serious?!
You really think that Sakurai designed Melee as a competitive game?!
:°°D
It was designed as a party game, nothing else.
I didn't mean Brawl wasn't made to be competitive because it's labeled as a "party game", I mean after seeing how competitive Melee got, and how a lot of people couldn't get good because it was too hard, he took that feature away from the series, the skill, and made a Brawl a piece of crap.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I didn't mean Brawl wasn't made to be competitive because it's labeled as a "party game", I mean after seeing how competitive Melee got, and how a lot of people couldn't get good because it was too hard, he took that feature away from the series, the skill, and made a Brawl a piece of crap.
So? I don't think ICs CG is that bad. Blame the community for that. People complained of Melee being too fast (yes -_-) and to put Sonic in the game and what not. Nintendo WAS only going by the popular demand and most people requested characters more than the actual gameplay.

I just came back from eating at an great resturant(?) and some fresh air. C wut I did thar?

18.15.2.15x12.9.14.11

Smash Cadet
a lot of people can't get good at brawl either. -____-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom