• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you use who you use?

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Little backstory here. When I played SSB64, the only games I was familiar with were Mario, The Legend of Zelda, and Star Fox 64. I owe it to Super Smash Bros. for getting me into nearly every other series out there. While there are some series I still haven't gotten into, like Pikmin, most everyone I use is someone I have a connection to because I enjoy their series. I don't want to just say, "I use Palutena because I love Kid Icarus: Uprising." It's more interesting to explain what bond you have with that character.

Ike: Rebellious towards authority, blunt, and honest. Wields a greatsword and is an ideal warrior. In Fire Emblem, he has great HP, Attack, Defense, and Speed. He's a perfect all-around unit with his only weakness in magical resistance, but also an awesome personality that will tell you straight to your face what he's thinking, even if you are a goddess threatening to destroy the world. I've always been fond of the greatsword fighting style. Just something manly about it that makes you feel like you're #1 and a fierce leader. Ike inspires that and he's one of the few FE main characters who isn't a generic type like Eliwood or Chrom. He is a true warrior who will not back down from his enemy, and he shows it in Fire Emblem and Super Smash Bros. with his devastating strength.

Palutena: She's cute, funny, friendly, knowledgeable, witty...yeah, I like her. Call it a waifu thing if you want to, but Palutena is a wonderful personality who cares about her people. I loved her quips in Kid Icarus: Uprising and I knew it was high-time for a new Kid Icarus rep to appear in the next Smash Bros. game. One character I was hoping for was her, and when E3's reveal trailer hit, I went off the deep end. Completely excited to see Smash's first goddess appear, I knew she'd be a character I would use. I'm a little upset that her default specials are fairly useless, but I haven't given up my faith. Custom moves are there for us, and Palutena won't let me down.

Shulk: Swordfighters are a trend for me. Their range keeps them safe, and there's something about having a sword and staring down a powerful enemy. Just that epic anime feel to it, what can I say? I like blades and RPGs. Shulk represents that just as well as Ike does, and he uses a unique weapon that changes his stats to suit his opponent's playstyle. Shulk comes from a game that has one of the single greatest soundtracks in video gaming history, and I take pride in using this character and representing him so people can understand the fuss about the Monado and what makes it so great.

Robin: Wasn't even planning on using Robin at first. Everyone was hyped to play as Robin, but I didn't care. But as I saw people using Robin, I became more interested in the versatile playstyle. Swords and magic? Good mid-range with several aerial killing moves as well as Thoron being a magnificent edgeguard from afar? Something clicked and I fell in love. I use the female Robin because I like Red Robin the most. It's my favorite restaurant. :)

Link: I've always wanted to use Link. He represents one of my favorite gaming series of all time...wait, I said I wouldn't say that. Whoops. Well, he's a hero with a sword, courage, and tons of fangirls. He also has a huge arsenal of weapons to keep him safe. Sure, he's not meant to be a rushdown mid-range character as good as Marth, which is why you use your weapons to keep them at bay. The drawback is that, again, his midrange game suffers and makes me not want to stay close to the enemy for long. He also has trouble fishing for kills. But he has a Fierce Deity costume, and his recovery is strongly buffed, so I have to represent him somehow. Out of the Zelda characters, he's my favorite and a source of inspiration to me.

Bowser: He's Bowser. A villain who kidnaps Peach time and time again to beat by Mario. He was low-tier in two Smash games, and he's big and dumb right? To anyone who plays the Mario & Luigi series, this is an insult to someone who became quite a memorable character. His one-liners, his strength, his refusal to back down to anyone, and his clever ways to get what he wants at any cost is what made him my favorite character in the RPG series. Bowser is memorable in his actions and raw power, and in Bowser's Inside Story and Dream Team, he becomes a likable character and a feared badass. Whether it's beating up bosses and enemies, turning into a giant, or becoming practically omnipotent by betraying another major villain, he stands out and makes his mark. You can tell Sakurai was influenced by the M&L series when he designed Bowser's battle stance and made him faster than before. I love the changes and I love trolling with Side B off the edge. Great all around.

I use others, but these are my primaries. :)

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
In the past i have always shifted main characters depending on other games im playing for some reason. And oddly enough it worked lol, when i was playing Metroid Prime i could actually use Samus effectively despite now i cant do squat with her.

In 3ds i seem to be sticking to the funny characters. DK, Dedede, Wario, and Yoshi. I also play Lucario but hes been kinda phasing out for me. I guess i just like to be a prick and rub my victory into my opponents face by using a humiliating move to kill them (killing someone with dedede's upb is just....priceless rofl)

Tru

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5043-3812-6914
I use Lucina and Zero Suit Sexy because they both fit my semi-aggressive playstyle. I can go all out aggro, or I can keep my distance and play the patient game.

The Shadow Emperor

Smash Apprentice
I've always gravitated towards the villain characters, especially the bigger ones who can KO their enemies in a few hits. Used to play as Bowser a lot, but eventually gave him up for Ganondorf once I started playing the Zelda series and learned about his character. I just love everything about him, from his imposing stature to his domineering personality and the awesome purple effects of his special moves. Learning he was considered bottom-tier only furthered my desire to prove my mettle as a Ganon main.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Luigi is an example of a character I use because I like him. I like him in the Mario series, I like him in Smash, I like his personality and he wears my favourite color: green. I don't care what the tier list says - I will always use Luigi, because he's my favourite character ever.

I also use Sheik, and I know what you're thinking, "you use Sheik because she's gonna be top-tier", but I don't. I use Sheik because when I tried her I liked the playstyle, and she looks cool as a ninja.

I use R.O.B because he's another one whose playstyle I like. I like how his moveset works, and because of how his up-special works (being excellent and not making him helpless), as well as his dair meteor smash, I've given him a title of "The Edgeguarder".

And I've started using Marth because of how his moves can string together so well if you know your spacing, and he's just overall fun to play.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Back when I was but a lad and 64 was out, all my friends pretty much thought Jigglypuff was just the stupidest, most worthless character, and for some reason, that inspired me to get good with her. I got good enough with her to shut my friends up and I used her on and off throughout the years and the sequels. When I started getting more interested in playing the game for skill, I took up Puff because I already had a really good idea of her playstyle, and I didn't know she was actually considered really good in Melee. So I play her in 3DS out of tradition, and she feels different but comfortable.

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
:4megaman:: Because throughout my entire time playing smash 4, he's the only one I can use well consistently. He's the one I practiced with in the demo cause I couldn't use any other character. He's now my main.

:4pikachu:: I've used Pikachu sense the 64 days. He's the one I know inside and out. I stopped using him around brawl because I've had serious trouble changing the newby strategy I've developed over time. However, I discovered something new I could do with pikachu just recently and now, I'm using him far more often.

:4sonic:: SONIC SPEED! SONIC SPEED! SONIC SPEED! In all seriousness though, he's recently fallen out of favor with me. I'm not really sure what it was. I just stopped liking him. That said, I still use him and I'm still good with him.

Anyone: Honestly, I love the character roster. I can feel the strength and weakness of every character I use. I feel like I can use any character I want and I'll be good with them given enough time. This game has great balance. :D

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Mega Man. :4megaman: I play the entire roster, but I tend to pick fun characters and he seems the one with the most unique moveset. I enjoy playing as him and I like to give people the impression that "woah, I didn't know Mega Man could do that".

Ganondorf :4ganondorf: is fun because he's heavy and hits hard, so it's rewarding.

Last edited:

Redying

Smash Rookie
NNID
redying
I'm new to the more competitive side of Smash with one-on-one online battles being available with SSB4. So I don't have a great deal of experience with the characters I've used in the past games.

Marth, I was determined to try and learn the fundamentals of the game with. To me, he seemed to be a professional no-nonsense swordplay kind of guy, and his moveset felt good. But, I got trashed with him online. I couldn't utilize his potential, especially since I was a fish out of water in terms of experience vs. human opponents. I should definitely return to him some time.

Captain Falcon, being a popular beloved character to many of the Smash series, was my fallback guy since I had a grasp on his moveset from previous games. I seemed to have had more natural experience with Falcon than Marth. And I love that, if I run into another Falcon online, there's a good chance that we're going to open up with a down taunt at the start of the match. It just oozes camaraderie, and let's me relax since I'm usually pretty tense during battles since I have no self confidence and am afraid of failure. Right now, he's the only character I can confidently best other amateurs on For Glory with.

Luigi, well, GreenFlame pretty much summed it up. I love this guy's personality, and green's my favorite color. Though he doesn't feel as good as he does in Melee to me, I wanna be able to do damage with this guy. I've got no experience with Luigi at the moment though, since I've been focusing on Falcon.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I use who I like to use and it's as simple as that.

Although several choices are purely based on things I like, like Pikachu (Pokemon), Mega Man, Pac-Man, Meta Knight/Kirby, and Sonic.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I use Dark Pit, Pit, ROB, and Rosalina to spite the haters.
I use Megaman because he's the only one I liked in the demo.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I use Lucario because I love the rush when at high % and really crunching people. And hes the most comfortable for me to play as.

KingCrimson

Smash Rookie
I'm a huge fan of the Mother series, decided to learn to play as Ness not only because he's from an awesome game, but also because none of my friends at the time knew how to counter him.

GeZ

Smash Lord
OP's post using the term waifu unironically, and unabashedly.

You just shouldn't do some things.

Have some self respect bruh.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
:4robinm:: I use him because I really enjoyed FE:A (its my favorite FE to date), but also because he is a character I would love to be. He is calm, collected, kind hearted, and a great Strategist. I feel very connected to him, like its the type a person I want to be. (That and his moveset is super fun.)

:4lucario:: I was most excited for Lucario when he was revealed for Brawl and I'm still a huge fan. I'm a big pokemon fan but I never really liked being any of the pokemon in smash. (I do now know the fun of being jigglypuff now but this is back then) But then Lucario came along and I was hyped. He was my favorite 4th gen and I loved the movie he was in. That and im not gonna lie being a furry, being a anthropomorphic animal appeals to me.
:4ness:: A couple of years ago I really really got into Earthbound. I always liked Ness as a character but I never played his game and he was never the best character to play at high levels. So I only would mess around with him. But after awhile I finally decided to play Earthbound and I was in love. That game has the most charm then probably any other game I have ever played. So when Smash 4 came out I gave Ness another go. I am so hooked on Ness, his moves are so fluent and his combos are so satisfying to pull off as its looking for competitive play I might main Ness. He feels so great in this game.

:4link:: So many reasons for this one, but first off its because as a kid playing 64 I loved The Legend of Zelda and wanted to be Link. The Legend of Zelda is still my favorite game series even today so I have to play link. There isnt a single smash bros where Link wasn't one of my most used characters and in this game I think he is the best he has ever been.

:4marth:: Marth being my main in melee has a special spot in my heart. I had no idea who he was at first, but I loved his elegance and he had a sword. (I love sword characters :x) His moveset even in Smash 4 is still perfection. He might not be one of the best this time but he still has the elegance and style that I love.

Last edited:

Wang Sheng

Smash Rookie
I'm mainly using zero suit samus, fox and sheik at the moment they seem to be the characters I can create the best combos with.

Niner

Smash Cadet
:4robinf:: First things first, when Robin was announced as a playable character, I vowed to never touch male Robin. I have not to this day. Well, Awakening was my favorite 3ds game prior to smash, so seeing some unique representation from the game had me freaking out. Every Playthrough of Awakening I've done has been a fem!MU (sans one), cause if you're going to put hours into a game you might as well enjoy what you're staring at, eh? Also pink Robin the bae.

:4ganondorf:: he's always appealed to me as a villain. He's not really unique - evil, nigh unkillable guy who wants power, but he's got traits that set him apart, like being the sole Gerudo male of his time (and it's not entirely the reason it's the way he is!). Also, having a piece of the Triforce I think is cool, how the main three LoZ characters represent an important part of the series, and Ganon's is just that: power. I like a fighter who kills with everything.

:rosalina:: I liked her appearance in Galaxy, and was really happy for another Mario princess (at that time (and i still do) think she's cute). So when i found out she was in Mario Kart Wii, i was more than ecstatic (and my sole pick for racer). But i thought it was just a cameo, and she was never gonna be in anything again. Years later, and she's a staple of the series, much to my pleasure.

:4lucina:: Besides the fact that I stated above in Robin, Marth was my Brawl main. But Lucina the waifu, too. (I had even modded my Brawl to have a Lucina skin). Simple as that. Plus I really like Laura Bailey's voice.

:4jigglypuff:: Hungrybox, that's why. Everybody's gotta have an inspiration.

Last edited:

Gamer807

Smash Cadet
:4olimar:: Because Pikmin is my favorite game series of all-time, I have almost every game (need the NPC versions). My dad and I used to play the games a lot (along with Melee) when they first came out. I have many memories of my dad and I playing these games, and when I saw him in Brawl, I kid you not I actually broke into tears.
:4sonic:: Because this is the character to first introduce me to videogames as my first game ever was Sonic the Hedgehog. I have bought every single game since (in the main series). I probably wouldn't be playing games today if it wasn't for Sonic and the Sega Genesis.
:4zelda:/:4tlink:: My first Zelda game ever was on the gamecube, and the title being The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. I have many memories of my brother and I trying to beat Dragon Roost Island and pulling out the master sword and finally in the end of it all stabbing the master sword through Ganondorfs skull. I started to play Young Link in Melee but I put him back down cause I really didn't like how he sounded (at the time). Once Toon Link was there in Brawl, I made it my mission to get good with him.
:4luigi:: This sort of had to do with the fact when I invited friends over to play smash they always seem to pick Mario instead of Luigi. One day I asked them "Why do you guys pick Mario over Luigi, they're the same aren't they." Most of them replied with "Well Luigi just sucks, Mario is the Hero and Luigi is the sidekick. Who wants to play as the Sidekick?" I honestly felt bad for Luigi, and I decided to learn how to play Luigi and I started to beat my friends with him, and they looked really confused as to why they are losing to Luigi. I will never forget all of the wins that I had gotten as Luigi
:4drmario:: This section is more or so the same reasons as for Luigi, but instead my friends went like "Why would you fight as a Doctor? That's just Stupid!" Little would they know that I started to train as Dr. Mario in Melee and in no time, my friends were sent to the emergency room as the doc came and ruined their day.
:4villager:/:4villagerf:: One year I believe it was 2009, Animal Crossing: City Folk was out and I had just got the game for my birthday. I had got the game from my grandmother as she had the game for a year and decided to buy me a copy. I thought nothing of the game at first as I had thought that this was a cuter version of the sims. Little would I know that I would get addicted to the game for months, upon months. I had fell in love with the series and bought the GC version along with the DS version. In summer of 2010, I had met many of my internetz friends through animal crossing (most of which I still talk to today). So when I heard the villager was announced, I was about to have a heart attack (figuratively), as this was the series to bring my and grandmother closer and a lot of the people that I talk to today.
:roypm:: I used him in PM because I have a friend who told me (keep in mind that he is a Marth main) "Man why is Roy even here he sucks, he is just basically a slower but more powerful Marth." I told him that Roy was good, and he gave me a week to train with Roy so we can face off and see which one is better. A week later, it was time for the face-off, he called the rules: no-items, FD only and 4 stock, also best out of 9. Lets just say that I didn't let him win a single game, even going to as far as to 4-stock him the first game. Ever since that event, Roy was most definitely ... my boy

Ampetrix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christopaz
3DS FC
4527-8084-1972
:4alph: : Although I've never played any of his games yet(they're RTS right? I like RTS), I use Alph because he first clicked when I used him. Ness was my main before, I did well with him, but I am way better with Alph! Alph focuses on whittling down the opponents at afar and finally finishing an opponent with a smash attack. Also great aerials to stop opponents from approaching, and great grab combos to punish! I really just love him. He's also cute. (Also the hipster factor)

:4ness:: Huge fan of the mother series, so of course this boy is in. Ness also has a good, perhaps better, air game than Alph. I guess he's only one of the two male magic users here, along with Robin, that's a plus too. Ness also plays similar with Alph due to the dthrow combos.

:4villager:: AC:NL's supposed to be my first 3DS game than SSB3DS, but I bought the game 5 days after. Anyway, Villager has GREAT air game, and can cover up a lot of options with Lloid. Campy character too, like Alph(sort of), with his Tree and projectiles.

:4jigglypuff:: Oooh Jigglypuff! I remembered before that I would like Jigglypuff during my short-lived Brawl days. Jigglypuff's the opposite of little mac, well actually not because Jigglypuff has good moves on the ground like dash and ftilt. Anyway, Jigglypuff has unparalleled Air game. Since I rarely use Alph in offstage game, I use Jigglypuff on off-stage ALOT.

So from these 4 characters, all of them have great air games, two of them defensive(Alph and Villager?) and offensive(Ness and Jigglypuff). Seems right to me.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I use all of the characters I do (:4villagerf::4peach::4zelda::4jigglypuff::4megaman::4yoshi:) because I like them and/or connect with them. That's always the primary reason for me picking a character. I played Mega Man in the demo even though I sucked with him and thought his playstyle was awkward.

Clemente

Smash Journeyman
Pit because I love dual wielding characters and I love Kid Icarus Uprising. And I love his spinny move animations.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I've already made a thread like this, but it was on an other section of the forum, so I don't care.
My mains is basically the italian trio : Mario, Luigi and Dr.Mario.

:4mario:: People often says that Mario is just a bland character or an horrible person that do shrooms. For me, Mario is not that, Mario is just a loyal guy that keep saving the princess, while still being kinda goofy. Outside of the character, Mario is an excellent fighter in Smash 4. His bread and butter combos are always good for grinding damages, his recovery is great, and mostly got a good air game while still having a great ground game. It's the Ryu of Smash, and like Ryu, he's always good to pick in a battle.

:4luigi:: Luigi is my favorite character in the Mario franchise, like many of other people. In real life, I'm kinda like him, goofy, clumsy, shy but a very good fellow. So yeah, if you want to know how I am in real life, just think about Luigi, it's the same. Anyway, in Smash, Luigi is more a joke character than anything else. But like many joke characters, he's insanely good. His air game is fantastic, his smash attacks are for some reason really good and got an okay ground game. I guess the only problem I got with him is how easy it is to K.O him. But other than that, I love playing Luigi, he's just awesome.

:4drmario:: Why is he even here ? Even in Melee his appearance was questionable, but in Smash4, it's weird to see him back. The dude just skipped Brawl like nobody's business ! For the character, it's just Mario with a doctor coat and a stetoscope. In Smash, Dr.Mario has more power but has one of the worst recoveries of the game. I use him only when Mario isn't good enough to K.O my opponent, since Dr.Mario is more like a heavy character. He's great when played defensively. Overall, Dr.Mario is a good character and is still fun to play, even in Smash4.

Dr.Megaman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dr.MM20XX
3DS FC
1392-5817-5075
:4sonic:: I'm a fan of his game series, always been since '04
:4villager:: I love his specials
:4fox:: Played him since 64
:4littlemac:: I've been rooting for him in smash 4 and I'm a Punch Out!! fan
:4wario2:: I'm starting to like his play style

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
:4pit: : Really nice design, adorable personality and comes from a great series. Other than him being my favourite character on the roster, I believe I take to his gameplay better than anyone else's. For me, the most fun part about using Pit is his aerials and offstage game. Uair can juggle easily, Fair has a ton of range and can kill, Bair is a good kill move and Dair can spike. Edge-guarding is a ton of fun with Pit due to his range of options. His Light Arrows are amazing for gimping as well. Don't even get me started on his recovery :shades: Also, not as stuck for kill options as people think.

Since we're talking about why we love our mains, I just want to point out how I love that Pit is an angel yet lacks the ability to fly by himself. And he's self-conscious about it. Isn't that just the saddest thing you've ever heard? It should be. I've mentioned it, but I really love his design. The whites and golds are really pretty to see during battle :p

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
:4lucario:: Lucario is, and likely will always be my favourite pokemon. I don't care that he's popular because in both smash and pokemon he's just so fun too use and his moveset just feels so natural too me. It also helps that my first pokemon game was Platinum

:4tlink:: I didn't play Wind Waker until recently but when I did I instantly fell in love with tink, He's just so damn adorable and being a faster link, a character I already like is great

:4myfriends:: I don't know that much about fire emblem but when I firstplayed brawl, I just really liked him, He just seemed like such a badass. So naturally, I started using him

:4peach:: I've always liked peach, she was the character I always used in the mario spin-offs and whenever I had the option I'd play as her (I played the entirety of 3D World as her alone until I unlocked rosalina)

:rosalina:: I loved Mario galaxy and because of that I also liked rosalina, she was mysterious and I liked that aspect and when she was announced for 3D World she instantly became my most wanted character. Let's just say that when she was announced I was pretty excited (I'm pretty sure I watched the like trailer 30 times)

:4greninja:: While he wasn't my starter (That would be chespin), I do really like him both in Pokemon and smash like Lucario

:4zelda:: I didn't get into Zelda until recently but I do like playing as zelda, her moveset is just so great and like lucario she feels so natural to me and her design really drew me too her

:4lemmy:: Lemmy has always been my favourite of the koopalings, he's so cute and his weirdness drew me too him

:4zss:: She's just fun to play and when I saw that redesign I just knew I was gonna play her

:4lucina:: Balanced Marth?
Awesome Design?
Cool Personality?
YES PLEASE

:4duckhunt:: Lolz and Adorbz

:4sonic:: I love the sonic series, nuff said

Last edited:

Tiptup

Smash Cadet
:4sonic:: Always been a fan and also I played him in brawl obviously and I find his play style natural, most likely because I play most of the Sonic games.

:4zss:: Picked her up in Brawl after liking her in Subspace emissary. Don't even play Metroid games, but shes grown on me over the years.

:rosalina:: My Mario Kart main, trying to learn her. However her play style is significantly different from the other two.

:4shulk:: His counter is cool. I'm really feeling it!

:4greninja:: Speedy character and a unique move set makes me use him from time to time.

:4duckhunt:: I usually play this character just to piss people off in For Glory mode, even if i know i won't win I'll still use him for the laughs.

:4littlemac:: Because everyone else is.

Kikaioh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ParkourSquid
3DS FC
4055-4356-1945
:4greninja:: (Smash 4) I like Ninjas, and I immediately felt comfortable with his play style (fast but also on your feet).

:4metaknight:: (Brawl) He was a really fast twitch sort of character with a lot of options, and I just liked how responsive and quick I could control him compared to other characters in the game.

:4marth:: (Melee) Rivalry against my brother, who decided to play as Roy early on.

:4pikachu:: (Smash 64) I think I just liked how he played. I might have liked the Pokemon TV show at the time too, but it's been so long I can't remember.

Last edited:

adamlon1

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3583-0365-0217
Smash 4: :4lucina: I just liked how she can play the zoning game and the rush down game she has so many combo options while still keeping my opponent away
Brawl: :wolf: His recovery and his rush down play style just fits well with me I feel as if he is a combo between Fox and Captain Falcon and that is just fine since they both are my mains
Melee: :marthmelee: His zoning abilities are insane with the tip mechanic and his long af sword it mixes quite well and he is not too bad rush down and his air game is fantastic that's where you find most of his combos
Smash 64: :yoshi64: I just love his neutral special as it can completely paralyzes an opponent leaving him open and vulnerable to several attacks also I can predict when they come out of the egg and then I combo and do my **** its great also his up B is great anti air in my opinion

AkitoUF

Smash Rookie
ZZS: I like fast and pressuring fighters in my games, and besides, she's sexy to look at. I love playing as women.

Greninja: Also fast and good, I'm quite fond of ninjas in videogames and I also love characters with counters.

Lucina: I have a weakness for blue haired girls, I'm a Fire Emblem fan and... you guessed it, counters.

Palutena: Everyone's waifu and I'm not exception, but she's the one I use the less because... let's face it, she's bad here.

Megaman: It's Megaman.

Pit: I recently got Kid Icarus Uprising and I'm loving it, so finally I started liking Pit enough to feel justified using him here.

tm730

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-1256-0282
Lucario (since Brawl) because i'm a huge pokemon fan..it's my favorite series of all time

also helps that he is jsut as viable in the pokemon game as he is in smash 4

No reason for Ike...i saw that it made my friends mad when i used him and killed them at 60% so i learned to play with him

Pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Greninja gets some use cause POKEMON

Edit: I use Mewtwo in PM because POKEMON + Lucario is TRASH in PM

the hell these guys made Lucario a Capcom character for?

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
I played Captain Falcon in N64 because he's hilarious and I like F-Zero.

I played Marth in Melee because he was cool and I like swords.

I played Marth in Brawl because Fire Emblem is my favorite game series.

I play Robin in Smash4 because Fire Emblem is my favorite game series.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
Maining Shulk and Mega Man in Smash 4 since they are
1. My favorite newcomers
2. Their stages have possibly the best music in the entire game, but Sonic music is back in full force though.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
:4falco:: I haven't fought any :4falco:'s yet - I fought everyone, but him! -, but I have seen one during Spectate and it was cool to watch. So, I guess I just want to represent the bread-bird and compared to most characters, he's not pick-up and play for me. :4zelda:, :4palutena:, :rosalina:, :4samus:, etc. are on the same boat. I do like him, but seeing a once popular character drop to nobody status hurts, so I just want to prove that he's still got what it takes to win along with the challenge factor of learning to use him which I never did in Brawl - spammed Smashes to win with him.

:4ganondorf:: Tell me you can't giggle when you Dair someone on the ground and see them bounce into the air. It's freaking hilarious! Ganondorf's a fun character.

:4tlink:: I don't know why, but I recently gravitated to him over :4link:. Hmm... Nope, no reason as to why I play as him more than Link.

:4luigi: , :4falcon:, and :4sonic:: The mess around characters. Fun and funny. There's nothing like running circles around people, Falcon Punching stuff, or poking them to death.

:4myfriends:: Used to use him a lot in Brawl, so I'm just familiar with him. Back when Brawl was released, zweihanders were just so cool to my 12-13 year-old mind. Ike, Dante, Cloud, and Auron were my favorite characters back then just because they had giant freaking swords that wrecked stuff. Now, I prefer smaller weapons like Connor Kenway's tomahawk. Time changes us.

Anyway, I'm really not feeling :4shulk:. I may mess around with him if I get bored.

Last edited:

EndlessSmash

Smash Cadet
:4falcon: His signature Falcon Punch from SSB64 won me over. Nothing like a solid chunk of flames KOing things left and right while sounding awesome. He got even more respect when he was given the Knee of Justice. I've stuck to Falcon for the longest time, as he's a fun character to play around with (Literally play around with, I would throw in a Falcon Punch out of nowhere if I see even a slim chance). He's now much better in SSB4.

:4ganondorf: Praise thy father, this was my second main next to Falcon. His moveset was quite identical with Falcon so it was quite easy for me to pick up on him. His slow physique and slightly more altered moves in Brawl made him much more distinguishable and quickly became one of my go-to characters for both serious and fun fights (FTilt errday). I must say though, it was a real disappointment to see him not have the Hyrule Warrior costume or wield two greatswords around like a berserker.

:4lucina: "Female Marth". Getting real tired of that, I might as well start calling :4marth: "Male Lucina". She displays a different kind of beauty that doesn't require any revealing flesh or seductive mannerism, thus I quite enjoyed her personality and character in FE Awakening. That led me to start playing Marth (and eventually modding Marth out with a Lucina model with altered moves on PM) and I started getting a hang of gauging the distance. Despite that Lucina doesn't have a tipper, I still find myself attacking at the tipper out of habit, but it's still beneficial as it keeps me at the maximum possible distance away from any counter attacks.

:4robinf: Similar to my reasoning for taking a liking to Lucina. I actually had predicted that Robin may show up when 1) :4myfriends: was revealed and not Chrom, and 2) :4wiifitm: was available as an alternate costume. Her unique combination of long distance attacks combined with the ability to whip a sword around was brilliant and followed the lore perfectly. I sometimes secretly wish :4ganondorf: was made similar as he too can wield magic and a sword.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
:4robinf: - I enjoy her playstyle a hell of a lot. Something about using both magic and swords seemed interesting. And I thought the whole thing about the amount of times you can use your tomes was pretty cool as well, so I thought I might as well give Robin a try. That, and she's one of the characters I RP as.
:4lucina: - The reveal trailer of her and Robin was pretty cool. Then I saw mods in Brawl that replaced Marth with Lucina. Cut to me playing nothing but Marth with the Lucina mod installed. At that point, when I picked up Lucina in Smash 3DS, I already had an idea on how to play as her, so she stuck as my main. Lucina's also another one of my RP characters in the Smash-verse.
:4greninja: - I was pretty damn excited when I found out Greninja was going to be in Smash. I mean, I liked Froakie when Pokémon X and Y were first revealed, then when I saw that Froakie evolved into Greninja, I liked him a lot. In terms of gameplay, Greninja is absolutely fun. This Pokémon would most likely be one of my secondaries in competitive Sm4sh, so I picked him up. Once again, I also play as Greninja because I RP as him (albeit as a female gijinka version.)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
...Some creepy comments in this thread.

Anyways, I like angels, the Greek lore and adorable characters, so Pit was a good fit for me. The fact I can play aggro with him helps. Also, Kid Icarus Uprising is one of the best games I ever played, so there's that.

I used to like Pokémon, so Pikachu was the first character I picked when playing the original Smash Bros. I don't like Pokémon anymore, but I still love Pikachu and he just happens to be one of the most satisfying characters to play as in the Smash Bros. series.

Lastly, I play Samus because Metroid is my favorite Nintendo franchise.

Last edited:

Lichi

This is my war snarl
I play Samus / ZSS because I absolutely adore Metroid. The first Metroid was my very first console game ever, and though it was somewhat confusing, it really got me hooked. I also really like the way especially ZSS plays. Fast paced gameplay is just my thing.

Robin and Lucina because they were great in FE:A and they actually are as much fun to play in Smash.

Ganondorf is just another great character. Since his rework in Brawl and differing more from Falcon, he is just a mad powerhouse. I find it extremely enjoyable to play a cat 'n mouse game with him cause he kills so reliably at low % that every enemy is in constant fear of getting KO'd suprisingly while they chip away at me.

Pikachu was one of my favourites since SSB64 and has always been. It also has some of the cutest 'costumes' even though they are usually just one piece of headgear.

Captain Falcon is the manliest man since nipple spikes were a thing. There's no need for further explanation.

Top Bottom