• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you use Mario?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
his spike is so epic! ive always been him ever since Smash64 so i kinda grown with him. plus i am a huge mario fan!

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Because Mario is the star of the show.

And since you all know the star of the show, let me hear you say "Go Mario GO!"

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
OK, enough. We all know Boss is G with Mario.

I use him because he's the most fun to play as in Brawl compared to Melee and 64. I've used him in every game... Now, if only I could get used to FLUDD...

Matt07

Smash Master
:laugh:, Yea, but we're not giving Monk, Famous, and other Mario mains enough credit. They place really well in a lot of other tournaments as well, you guys rock!

Your signature is sweet, Golden Sun for the win I love Isaac too :p.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
That's a dumb question. We use Mario because he's simply the best character ever. Period.

Geou

Smash Apprentice
I've always used Mario in the SSB games I've played ever since I played Super Mario 64. Mario's just plain and simple my favorite character and his combo ability prevents me from switching to anyone else (okay, Diddy is tempting, but his reliance on bananas is not for me).

Dory

Smash Journeyman
i just LOVE mario so thats why i use him... and oh yeah he ***** lol
but its hard at times to keep faith in him when there are so many good people here (and their all using mostly top tier characters) =(
but then i remember.... MARIO IS TOO GOOD!
but i feel like i place good and ill keep using mario no matta what =)

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
How exactly did he fail...?
The simple answer is he didn't and either eman misread the quote or has been hacked by a Bowser main.

I use Mario out of several reasons. Firstly being that I consider him to be the avatar of joy; in all his games it's impossible to go through his moments without a hopeful smile on my face. This emotion transfers to Brawl so smoothly I cannot help but admire it.

Secondly is the playstyle. He's quick and versatile, can play many sorts of games against all characters interchangeably (e.g. camp to aggressive, etc.) He's quick, he's got plenty of K.O strength, and almost all his moves are useful. I was a Link player for the first part of Melee but when I picked up Mario I couldn't let him go ever again.

Thirdly, if I may say so, I honestly like the feel of the Mario board here and how much support he gets from us.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
I grew up with Mario. I used him in Smash64, Melee and decided to main my favorite character for competitve play in Brawl.

Seriously he's TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Matt07

Smash Master
I use Mario because I use him in every game (except Mario Kart, and Mario Tennis I used Toad.) He's also my favourite video game character, and he's just an iconic video game character for a lot of us.

I used him since the N64 version.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
^^^^---- Used Mario since 64. He's my favorite Nintendo character, and on top of that his playstyle is too appealing to me.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
I use mario because i can win with him, and people think he sucks.

By far one of the most proudest feelings ever when you win a match with mario because of that fact.

His moveset can pit him against the most toughest foes out there, so why not use him?

Also, Mario = Epic x 10^10000

Mario created our gaming world and established it, I've been playing all of his games except for those cdi shovelware crap games that nintendo had nothing to do with it. His games are cool, mario is cool.

Mario is like freeza from dbz, always coming out with a new transformation whether it may be tanooki, hammer suit, bee, boo, invisible, cape, starmen/rainbow, etc. Mario + Transformations = cool x 10^20000

He also likes to wear overalls, and overalls are cool.....

(By far this has got to be my most air ball post yet...) -_- Good thing its too true.

Famous

Smash Champion
Lol, I used Mario since Donkey Kong...I use him in every game he is in no bull s***...I have way to much Mario stuff...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
You know, I've been using Mario and his Doc form as alts since Melee, as well as playing pretty much all the games he's been in. His cape really does it for me. Plus playing tennis on Yoshi's Island with the Doc's pills in Melee was a whole lot of fun.

Anyway, Mario rules. Gotta love that cape. (Kirby spams fireballs better though! *runs from the wave of fireballs fired from the Mario mains.*)

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
I used Mario since SSB and again in melee (not his doc form). I really started to main Mario after i was told about the tier list for melee and him being bottom, mid tier. I just wanted to beat a high tier while using a mid tier. So i got really good using Mario. In brawl i choose Mario again cuz i put enough work into him throughout the series.

Kidlat

Smash Apprentice
Why Mario.

Because he is the biggest G that ever graced video games. Why, I betcha in terms of sales, he has more money than all of the other characters put together.

He also pawns tha **** outta people. He's got the sick F-smash and the epic spike. Plus the Cape is the most godly move that ever existed. I get at least 1 gimp a game with this thing.

And don't forget, he's the all time combo king.

Why Mario.

Because he is the biggest G that ever graced video games. Why, I betcha in terms of sales, he has more money than all of the other characters put together.

He also pawns tha **** outta people. He's got the sick F-smash and the epic spike. Plus the Cape is the most godly move that ever existed. I get at least 1 gimp a game with this thing.

And don't forget, he's the all time combo king.
Word up my man! couldnt have said it better!

J-Prep

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jiggy_lsn
i think the question of the thread should be why NOT use mario?

he has everything anybody could ask for (except gliding...but its overrated =p)
bouncing projectle, reflector, a gun (not a very manly gun...but a gun none the less!) magnet up-b
double aerial in one short hop.

i can go on for days...

bobson

Smash Lord
I caped a Metaknight trying to recover with the tornado.

From that moment onward, I knew Mario was my main.

Top Bottom