• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you like the SPOIL the game???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
How can you guys actually enjoy knowing everything from the game? I HATE the fact that i know Sonic, king dede, falco, ganondorf, etc are in the game. I actually found out by mistake on pspupdates.com it was on one of the top tabs and i didnt actually mean to read it!

What is the point of unlocking characters if you already know who they are????

I think knowing EVERYTHING ahead of time is stupid. I just wanted to know Marth was in the game...i DO NOT know what he looks like and prefer not to know to have something to look forward to. I havent seen luigi, ganondorf or any other of the revealed characters or know anything about them. Cheers! Yay!

Have fun playing a game you know everything about guys...

Sugata Designs

Smash Cadet
I plan on playing the game competitively, so the single player isn't really important to me. As such, I don't mind having things spoiled.

Because we know everything doesn't mean we can't enjoy if fully. This was going to happen regaurdless, so you might as well enjoy the spoilers as if you had the game.

Seriously, it's a freakin' fighting game. Get over it.

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
because...its fun?
I enjoy knowing whats happaning, and then I enjoy it even more when I go though it all! XD
Its realy quite a blast to play though a game even if you know "whats going to happen".

Also inb4flamewars

espio87

Smash Ace
I'm not a person known for being patient. I don't have the wii yet and I don't know if I'll get it, that's why I don't care watching the whole Adventure Mode and knowing the entire roster and all the stages

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have avoided information regarding SE.

However, I wanted to know the full roster. That way I can participate in threads concerning them as well as look being able to play a character that I am looking forward to.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Not wanting to spoil something means you won't enjoy it after you've seen it. If you're not going to play the game after you see everything once, then by all means, don't spoil....

Though, if you're just here until you do unlock everything, you're wasting your time.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Some people like the idea, some don't. And you were probably there when the Giga-Leak occurred, so now we even have a spoiler-free zone.
Well, some people just WANT to know, and what's stupid about that? Try to understand a bit here. First, there's the delays (I live in Europe, I don't know any delays since we don't even get a date to begin with). Then there's the leak, no one could have possibly avoided that even if he / she / it wanted to.

Fact's just that some people have an other definition of what excitement means. I for one like to know about a game of this caliber what's in it.

Ryven

Smash Cadet
Well, I'm going to be playing it for the next 6-7 years, if it has the same life cycle as Melee... so obviously, finding things out isn't the primary reason to enjoy the game. It's all about the matches, right? Going through the single player modes to unlock everything is kind of like training, and also gets old fast.

Off topic: Speaking of training, am I the only one who thinks Sandbag should have been selectable as a Training Mode opponent? XD

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I don't really care about character or stage spoilers, really I want to know everything in advance expect for the storyline to the Subspace Emissary.

I already know enough of the SSE to get the general idea of what it's like but the minor details I'll find for myself.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't mind knowing the characters or stages, I'm just not too keen to look at subspace spoilers or how to unlock things.

Edit: on another note, it's probably about time to change my sig....

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
I have the internet. if i didnt i wouldnt have as much chance of seeing the secrets of the game, but i still buy magazines and they spoil stuff too. But as i said, i have the internet and thats almost a guarantee that im gonna get spoiled

spjd

Smash Apprentice
I come from Europe, which probably will get the game in a couple of years, so I might as well lean back an read on about the game..

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
I have an obsession.

With this game.

MOAR SPLIOLARS PLZ

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Why do you care if you found out King Dedede? He's a starting character! :laugh:

Sorry, No offense.

Every time I try to avoid spoilers, I just keep on watching and reading them. I just want to know how awesome the game is. Besides, if you know that your favorite charaacter is an unlockable, whats the point of not finding out other information about them? Or how to unlock them?

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
i would have held off on spoiling things for myself if the game wasn't a full month away but it is and i really dont want to wait that like to know.

Zevox

Smash Lord
What is the point of unlocking characters if you already know who they are????
Um, playing them? I thought the fights were the main point of the game, not some surprises at what is an isn't in it? Thats what I feel anyway. The only thing I consider "spoilers" is the Subspace Emissary story, because stories are always much better to experience as they're presented rather than second-hand, so I'm avoiding that like the plague; but really, I don't see any problem with knowing what characters, stages, etc are or aren't in the game, when the point isn't to be surprised about them, but to actually use and experience them.

Prince Of Fire said:
Have fun playing a game you know everything about guys...
Oh, I very much intend to. I mean, I've known everything about Melee for over six years now, and I still have a lot of fun playing it. Brawl will be no different.

Zevox

S2

Smash Lord
This game is a fighting game, not a story driven RPG.

That is, with any fighter people just want to know the roster straight up. There's nothing wrong with that.

Most people aren't spoiling SSE mode.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Rosebud was his sled. Bruce Willis is actually dead during the whole movie. Vader is actually Luke's father. Aeris dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom