• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do you like smash64 over melee and brawl?

Fletch

Smash Master
Wavedashing is SO much harder than L-canceling.
Disagree, I never miss a wavedash, but opponent shielding mixups and such can really make l-canceling tough, and I still can't get that down 100% even though I've been l-canceling longer than WDing.

Anyways, if I had to list a reason for playing SSB64, it's because I'm too old to really play Melee at tournaments, so I can play SSB64 online whenever, although I still have to use my GC controller... SSB64 is a great game, just not as fun as Melee as my opinion. Brawl is just garbage, but I think everyone knows that.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
In SSB64, you are able to be as innovative as the mind will allow. You can pull off the craziest combos that leaves your opponent speechless if your timing is inhuman. And with practice, that is very possible. Isai does this with every single character.
Speaking of combos, the combos in this game are extremely satisfying to pull off. This game requires tech skill, mindgames, fast reaction times, great spacing, and a general knowledge of match-ups just like any other. Plus, it can be stage hacked. :D
Every few months, I find a tourney with a side-tournament or at least friendlies in SSB64 and few can even give me a run for my money. I'm sure hoping Apex does indeed have SSB64 as there are talks for it to be included.

D

Deleted member

if apex has smash 64 then i will practice really hard for that

and that'll be my final smash 64 tourney

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Yeah I kind of feel this way too if Melee ever gets playable online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MyoqF7sGiA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vyBjDWURzM

You are searching for a better emualtion in kaillera, but is posssible to play online with a good pc ( mi pc is worst, 30 mfps online Dx)

Melee > 64 > E.T> Brawl xD

Originally Posted by DMoogle View Post
Wavedashing is SO much harder than L-canceling.
If you are a noob yes, if you are a pro player, the cancel is more difficult (i miss some cancels with some characters)

wiitubeaccount

Smash Apprentice
In one word: simplicity is what gets me on 64. No charging smashes, no air dodge (although i do find myself wanting that every once in a while) no dumb items (i personaly play no items).

64 > brawl+ > brawl > melee

HATED melee
lol how can you like brawl + and brawl over melee. you have yet to experience melee's depth probably. ! mean you'll never see anything in the other smash games such the Wombo Combo, mew2king vs dashizwhiz matches, mango's ****, armada's beastly peach combos!!! and 64 has isai combo vids :chuckle. brawl's vids now look meh to me, except for compiled vids and top pros.

The funny thing is I enjoyed 64 and melee more as competitive games over brawl , but then again the ideas were more "fresh" and "original" and I was younger. Then several months ago I started enjoying Brawl when I found out how to play it competitively and started getting good. But that lead me to some m2k vids in melee and I got sucked into playing that competitively. Melee then lead me to watch some competitive matches of Isai, and now I wish I had an N64 to play ssb64 along with melee and brawl.

Top Bottom