• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Do YOU Hack?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
You guys aren't hackers (most of you anyway) you're cheaters.
Hackers make the codes.

For example I made a hitstun code. ME not you ME.
That makes me a hacker.

NO I will not release a hitstun code for a few reasons.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
well i dont like hacking myself... but i have a friend that does...he says that hacking is good because you can explore the ideas that the developers had in making the game...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hackers make the codes.

That makes me a hacker.

I already addressed this.

FirustheHedgehog said:
Actually, hacking is the correct term. You can hack into a website without using any physical device. Cheating is in fact an incorrect term for many hacks, because while invincibility is cheating, playing on a stage not originally intended for you to play on is simply going beyond the bounds of what the creator wanted.

Hacking is defined as: "To write or refine computer programs skillfully." (at least in this context, obviously hitting something with a sharp object doesn't fit this situation)

while cheating is defined as: "To violate rules deliberately"

Removing tripping, allowing you to do things you can't normally do (like play on Target Test), is better defined as refining a computer program than violating rules.
Plus, cheating can also describe non-hacks, like simply removing someone's controller in the middle of the match.
We may not be making the code, searching for it whatever, but we are in fact refining the program using the codes given to us.
And cheating does not apply to all codes, and applies to more than codes.

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
I believe hacking is fun up until a certain point.

It's fun to become an alloy or emulating music on wifi. It keeps things interesting for a while.

But!!! If you hack to win matches online, then im sorry but I have no interest play you! EVER!!

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Actually, hacking is the correct term. You can hack into a website without using any physical device.
That is called cracking not hacking.
Cheating is in fact an incorrect term for many hacks, because while invincibility is cheating, playing on a stage not originally intended for you to play on is simply going beyond the bounds of what the creator wanted.
Cheating means to go against the rules. To go beyond those rules.
Hence why it is called cheating.
Removing tripping, allowing you to do things you can't normally do (like play on Target Test), is better defined as refining a computer program than violating rules.
No it isn't.
Removing tripping is a violation of the rules.
Placing target test online when it shouldn't be there is breaking the rules.
Once you start doing anything outside the original programming it is defined as cheating.

When you are hacking you are Making the codes as your definition said.
When you use the codes you are cheating because the hack is being used to break the original rules.

If I make a hitstun code I am hacking.
If I use the hitstun code I am cheating because it breaks or bends the rules.

Cannot see why you would try to stretch the definition in such a fashion when it does not fit correctly.

In anycase do NOT USE MORE THAN THREE CODES! Especially if those codes are long, the reason for this is becase the codes have caused an error in which the music will not load for a stage.
because the music is an important part of the game's behavior when it does not load the game will freeze. Shutting off the music does nothing since the muisic will still try to load.

I'll see if I find the code that fixes the problem but until then refrain from using the codes to such a great degree.

Tenki

Smash Hero
You guys aren't hackers (most of you anyway) you're script kiddies.
Fixed.

I'm pretty sure that the original thread was more... probing onto why people use "hacks"/modify the game.

Basically, they allow you to do things that you want to do.

Like in the old Sonic games, debug mode to make stuff, explore hidden/off-stage parts of the game that we weren't meant to see, turn Super Sonic without looking for emeralds, to mess around.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Um, sure, whatever you say.

Cheating just makes it sound bad, anyways. As someone who hacks, I don't know why you'd want to call it that.

I'm going to call it hacking until the day I die and I don't think anyone else is going to call it cheating, so...yeah.
Hacking is the correct term.

You do in fact hack into a website. That's not called cracking.

The original program is crap in this case. Fixing it up is making it a better game, for me at least. So it's cheating for me to get more enjoyment out of the game, even if I'm not making winning any easier?
Cheating generally gets you ahead in the win/lose scheme of things. I must not be doing a very good job of cheating if I'm not helping myself at all. (Tripping helps my opponent too, so that'd be like saying that giving invincibility to me and my opponent helps me win. It doesn't, because my opponent's abilities are up to par with mine now)

If hacking is defined as refining a computer program (which it is, I didn't write that myself, I got it from Dictionary.com) then using codes is technically hacking. If I use the No Tripping code, does that not edit the program temporarily to remove tripping? Which would be refining it, correct?

Why are you being so anal about this anyways? Again, cheating makes this sound like a bad thing. Since I get the impression that you use codes, why would you want to do that? Just leave it be instead of going insane because "ZOMG THE DEFINITION ISN'T 100% ACCURATE!" "Hardcore gamer" isn't the correct term either. But it works fine and insisting that someone's using the wrong term is ridiculous. The video game community is always creating new words (Wavedashing isn't a word, believe it or not) or using words in different contexts than they normally are used in (like 'Foxtrot').

okiyama

Smash Ace
For me there are 2 appeals to hacking.
First off there's for funsies, where all I wanna do is screw around and mess with the game and what not. This usually only lasts for like 2 hours for me(at least that's how long it lasted when I was using AR)
The second one is for information. The debug menu and frame by frame was one of the best things to happen to mellee because it let us see what was possible and let us know for sure how everything works like DI and lag frames and things. Before AR it was all just trial and error with knowing how things work.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Cheating just makes it sound bad, anyways. As someone who hacks, I don't know why you'd want to call it that.
Cheating is cheating If people see it as bad wel then thats on them.
I'm going to call it hacking until the day I die and I don't think anyone else is going to call it cheating, so...yeah.
Hacking is the correct term
it isn't and I already explained to you why.
You do in fact hack into a website. That's not called cracking.
i am probably mixing things with you so I shall explain.

When you are making a website, when you are making the script its called hacking.
When you are breaking into a site like going through its security, going into the admin CP when you shouldn't that is called cracking.
\
If hacking is defined as refining a computer program (which it is, I didn't write that myself, I got it from Dictionary.com) then using codes is technically hacking. If I use the No Tripping code, does that not edit the program temporarily to remove tripping? Which would be refining it, correct?
no.
because tripping is an original part of the game, once you remove it, enhance it, decrease its occurances or do anything outside it, then it is considered cheating.
The actual code is a hack itself

520d9cb8 000000001
220dabe8 000000008

The above is a hack.

When you use it then what you are doing is considered cheating.

its rather clear cut.
Eve if you are refining it then its considered cheating because you are not supposed to refine it, it is as it is supposed to be in the original programmers design. once you go against it and hack a code and then use the code, its cheating against the system in place.
Why are you being so anal about this anyways?
Since its rather annoying when people say they are hacking when they aren't.
And cause its just that kind of day.
Again, cheating makes this sound like a bad thing.
Can't see how.

Cheating a game=/=cheating on a test.

Since I get the impression that you use codes, why would you want to do that?
Cause its accurate?
It doesn't make it sound like I am programming a game when I am not.
Just leave it be instead of going insane because "ZOMG THE DEFINITION ISN'T 100% ACCURATE!" "Hardcore gamer" isn't the correct term either.
Then get it corrected :)

But it works fine and insisting that someone's using the wrong term is ridiculous.
So if I say I am running when I am walking you would not correct me on using the wrong term?
The video game community is always creating new words (Wavedashing isn't a word, believe it or not) or using words in different contexts than they normally are used in (like 'Foxtrot').
except wavedashing is a made up name (there really is no definition for the action) as for fox trotting have you ever seen the fox trot? There you go.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Dear Shadowlink84:
Please shut up and let us call it whatever the **** we want.

Thank you

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Shadowlink84 is right.

He may be acting like a whiny little ***** about it, but he is right.

His definition is correct, but who cares? People who call it hacking ain't taking any unneccesary credit or anything. They are referring to what they are doing as hacking. They are not saying they made the codes or anything. It's a **** WORD.

FFS, I call Captain Falcon's Fair Justice Knee, even though that is not it's real name.

Just like I call Sheik's chain "tentacle ****" and Ganons over B the "cosby crusher."

Nobodie's complaining about that, because it's not a big deal, and if they do? Who gives a ****?

ShadowLink84? Honest to god? The ENTIRE vibe I got from your little message that instigated this crap is you just wanted to shamelessly plug the fact you made a code.

Congratulations? Want a medal? Want some money? Want a **** cookie?

You don't think anybody else could have eventually figured it out? You are not god, so quit trying to make yourself out as hot****.

/Thread.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Shadowlink84 is right.

He may be acting like a whiny little ***** about it, but he is right.,
not whiny or little.

Big and masochistic.
His definition is correct, but who cares?
A good number actually.
I could name a few if you want.
People who call it hacking ain't taking any unnecessary credit or anything.
Never said they were.
They are referring to what they are doing as hacking.
When it isn't hacking.
They are not saying they made the codes or anything.
i never said that they did.
It's a **** WORD.

I are tinkle star in toil god brim.

Translation: A words definition only changes provided the majority agrees with the change. Considering this has not occurred it makes sense to use a word correctly.

That and I feel like nitpicking.

FFS, I call Captain Falcon's Fair Justice Knee, even though that is not it's real name.
Except you are still referencing t the knee and that is a nickname.
Just like I call Sheik's chain "tentacle ****" and Ganons over B the "cosby crusher."
Also nicknames.
Nobodie's complaining about that, because it's not a big deal, and if they do? Who gives a ****?
No one complains simply cause they are not here.
ShadowLink84? Honest to god? The ENTIRE vibe I got from your little message that instigated this crap is you just wanted to shamelessly plug the fact you made a code.
I've made a good number of codes for the DS, genesis, SNES etc etc.

in other words... no, frankly i am amazed you got such a vibe.
Congratulations? Want a medal? Want some money? Want a **** cookie?
Cookie preferably. Macadenian to be specific.
You don't think anybody else could have eventually figured it out?
A good number would have. its only a simple code not an ASM hack.
You are not god, so quit trying to make yourself out as hot****.
Don't know where you got the idea so I recommend you take up reading comprehension.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
It does apply, it applies VERY well.

The majority of people here pronounce it "A-kurn" down where I live. That is nearly everybody. It can be traced to dialect or whatnot, but that's not the point.

The point is, the majority are right, making "A-kurn" correct.

Now, the minority who probably has a clean accent pronounces it "A-corn." They are wrong, to us, because they are not part of the majority. However, up north, where Acorn is pronounced "A-corn" they are right, and we are wrong, because we become the minority and they become the majority.

Let's get to this whole hacker situation. Hacking is not easy, and not a lot of people are that tech savvy enough to do that. The majority of hackers, the ones doing the coding, think that hacking is the rough stuff and the cheating is the using.

News flash jack; You are the minority, and the PUBLIC are the majority. The public outnumbers the hackers in just about any area of the world. Why? Not everyone is tech savvy, and although there may be a lot in a given area, the codes are made to be used for the lazy public, who happen to OUTNUMBER ACTUAL HACKERS ANYWHERE.

Arkansas? A group of ten hackers make a code, but 600 people use the code, calling it "Hacking." Who's the majority? Time to bring you back to elementary school:

10<600. The little "<" is like an alligator mouth you see. The open end "eats" the big number. This is called "greater than." The butt of the "<" is called the "less than."

This means, that 10 is less than 600, making 10 the minority and 600 the majority.

Going by your definition, the right one, that makes THEM right, and YOU wrong.

Go anywhere, anywhere on the globe, compile ALL the hackers in the world to all the people USING the hacks...and guess what?

The public, OUTNUMBERS, THE ENTIRE HACKER POPULACE....

Meaning that if they use a code and call it hacking, that makes them right....

AND YOU WRONG!

This also includes here. There are about 20-30 of you guys doing the actual hacking right?

There are at least 100 who use your hacks to "hack" the game...

Making THEM right....

AND YOU WRONG!

Say what you will ShadowLink84, but you WERE just shamelessly plugging. You could have easily said, "you are wrong because hacking is when you do the coding and cheating is when you use the code," and left it at that.

But you know what you did? You emphasized yourself. You said, "ME." ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME! That is emphasizing only ONE person, which is YOU. Meaning YOU believe yourself to be ABOVE others by emphasing YOU by making a code that ANY other hacker could have made just to GLOAT.

By the way, when he said he believed his own definition to be correct and you to be wrong? It's his opinion, just like it is your opinion on the terminology of the other word. Heres the kicker though, since HE is part of the majority of USERS using the hack, whereas you are actually hacking, that would make him RIGHT you know....

Cause you know, majority rules.

I am through with you. Next time you want to gloat about some silly little code, make sure to leave your ego at the door and realize you don't own any **** word.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
It does apply, it applies VERY well.
Do go on.
The majority of people here pronounce it "A-kurn" down where I live. That is nearly everybody. It can be traced to dialect or whatnot, but that's not the point.
Now, the minority who probably has a clean accent pronounces it "A-corn." They are wrong, to us, because they are not part of the majority. However, up north, where Acorn is pronounced "A-corn" they are right, and we are wrong, because we become the minority and they become the majority.
Um no.
For one the pronunciation of a word is subjective. mainly due t accents, dialects etc etc as you mentioned.

Pronunciation of a word is not right or wrong because the word itself has not changed at all.
The definition has not chaged, hence, despite me saying potatoes as poe TAH toe the subject and definition of the word has not changed.

In short this has nothing at all to pertain with the argument.

To go into further detail there is also spelling.
Rumor and rumour. both are the same word, same definition and pronounciation assuming clean accent so to speak) different spelling.

Not only does the word look very similarly the definition itself remains unchanged. So it is the same word even if the word changed.

the example you provided is simply pronounciation there is no change in definition.
Let's get to this whole hacker situation. Hacking is not easy,
Ick before you say that it really does depending on what kind of hacking you are doing.
Regular hacks such as hitstun, attack/defense ratios are easy hacks. Simply because the address is there and its simple manipulation.
ASM hacking is different because ASM hacks can be classified as programs in themselves.
and not a lot of people are that tech savvy enough to do that.
not really. It isn't that hacking is hard or difficult, its just that it is a very long lesson.
its focus thats needed not being tech savvy.

Just to kill your whole majority minority argument.

the term Zombie.
a computer controlled by a hacker without the owner's knowledge, which is made to send large quantities of data to a website, making it inaccessible to other users.

Script kiddy: A young computer hacker also known as cracker.

Words are subject to change but not when the population is ignorant of its true definition.
For example the word awful used to mean beautiful, amazing, beyond words, not it means terrible.

What did the majority say then, awful is good!

It took over a century for the word to change, and before that change the word was used within its correct definition.

If I am walking and I say I am running. I am incorrect. The definition of that action is running.
Even if the majority of the world agree with me that doesn't mean the are correct.
The original definition of a word is always thought of before that of the general populace.

Not only that if you already have a word to describe the action then why would you attempt to switch the definition to a completely different word that means a completely different thing?

People are using a word in the tech sense that means: to create and then applying it to something completely different that means: to cheat.

If I already have cheating to define the action its senseless to apply the action to another word.
(hence the creation of the word homosexual rather than calling someone queer, ga or a ***got)

Say what you will ShadowLink84, but you WERE just shamelessly plugging. You could have easily said, "you are wrong because hacking is when you do the coding and cheating is when you use the code," and left it at that.
If you look at the previous post that is what i said. I used myself as an example cause I needed an example.
you sound like a 13 year old child who focuses' on one thing rather than look holistically.

Allow me to aid you.

Hackers make the codes.

For example
I made a hitstun code. ME not you ME.
That makes me a hacker.

No I will not release a hitstun code for a few reasons.
Now as for the third sentence concerning the hitstun code, it is incomplete, it does not work prperly cause of my inexperience with the wii.
So I made it so that people would not ask it of me.

Just like how Zeld says he make an aimbot but will not release it.
[quote[]
By the way, when he said he believed his own definition to be correct and you to be wrong? It's his opinion, just like it is your opinion on the terminology of the other word. Heres the kicker though, since HE is part of the majority of USERS using the hack, whereas you are actually hacking, that would make him RIGHT you know....[/quote]
No not really. it just means he is bandwagoning and using a word incorrectly.
the majority =/=right concerning a word.
This only occurs when the majority is correct the first time then changes. (queer, gay, ***gots,awful etc etc)

Now here is an actual kicker.
# The term used to refer to someone skilled in the use of computer systems, especially if that skill was obtained in an exploratory way. ...
www.contentverification.com/glossary/f-j.html

# Originally used to describe a computer enthusiast who pushed a system to its highest performance through clever programming.
www.smartbizconnection.com/advertising_glossary_index.htm

# The dictionary defines "hacker" as a slang term describing a person who carries out or manages something successful. A hacker is someone who spends many hours with the computer often successfully operating it by trial and error without first referring to the manual. ...
www.fas.org/irp/congress/1996_hr/s960605a.htm

# This is someone who enjoys exploring and learning about computer systems. It is often confused with cracker, which is a person who has a mischievous attitude and often attempts to break into computer systems.
www.broadband-guide.org.uk/jargon-buster.html

# A person that accesses electronic information without permission in order to cause harm by creating a virus or worm.
www.masd.k12.pa.us/facility/teachweb/sverdecchia/compterm.htm

# While this term originally referred to a clever or expert programmer, it is now more commonly used to refer to someone who can gain unauthorized access to other computers. A hacker can "hack" his or her way through the security levels of a computer system or network. ...
www.netchico.com/support/glossary/h.php

# A Hacker is someone who tries to access a computer or a network without prior approval of the systems owner
www.root777.com/computer-security/important-computer-security-terms-and-terminology/

# A hacker is the term to describe an unauthorized individual who attempts to or gains access to computer or network. Hackers use a number of different techniques including 'brute-force' and 'social engineering' to gain access.
www.standardchartered.com/online-banking/security-tips/glossary/en/

# Please see the Threats: Hackers page. ^ Back to Top ^
www.albany.edu/its/glossary.htm

# A highly proficient computer programmer who seeks to gain unauthorised access to systems without malicious intent. Top
www.smoothwall.net/support/glossary.php

# One who is proficient at Hacking. The term was originally positive and did not refer to criminal or malicious activity. ...
www.earthlinksecurity.com/security/articles/glossary/

# (also "chop, chopper, duffer, hack") a (usually) erratic and unskilled golfer whose technique is characterized by arm and hand oriented hitting at the ball rather than smooth swinging through the ball Example: Every golfer has been a hack/hacker/duffer/chop/chopper at some point.
www.pgaprofessional.com/golf_glossary/h.html

# A hacker is a very capable programmer.In The New Hacker's Dictionary, Eric Raymond lists five connotations forthis term as applied to ...
www.infoprovider.com/infobase/h.html

# In computer programming, a hacker is a software designer and programmer who builds programs and systems that garner the respect of one's peers. A hacker can also be a programmer who hacks or reaches a goal by employing a series of modifications to exploit or extend existing code or resources. ...
library.thinkquest.org/06aug/02257/glossery.html

# A person who accesses computer files without authorisation, often destroying vast amounts of data.
www.boydslaw.co.uk/glossary/gloss_itip.html

# The current popular meaning of the term is to describe those who break into computer systems or networks, destroy data, steal copyrighted software, and perform other destructive or illegal acts.
www.ukorbit.com/computer-glossary.htm

# originally, a hacker was a term of respect, used among computer programmers, designers, and engineers. The hacker was one who created original and ingenious programs. ...
www.stpeterprince.org/terms_you_should_know.htm

# The term hacker tends to refer to the more programming intense set of the geek crowd. However the term is overused in the popular media, and therefore is no longer much used among "real geeks. ...
www1.indstate.edu/nursing/lrc/computer-guide/lrc-computer-terms.htm

# Tennis – An inexperienced tennis player who has very little skill and experience.
sportscommentary.suite101.com/article.cfm/sport_term_trivia

# Hacker has several common meanings. It is most commonly used by the mass media to refer to a person who engages in illegal computer trespassing
www.cpseo.com/glossary.html

# someone who plays golf poorly
# a programmer who breaks into computer systems in order to steal or change or destroy information as a form of cyber-terrorism
# a programmer for whom computing is its own reward; may enjoy the challenge of breaking into other computers but does no harm; "true hackers subscribe to a code of ethics and look down upon crackers"
# hack: one who works hard at boring tasks
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

# The Hackers (Swedish Hackare) were a race of short people who used to live in Scandinavia, according to Swedish folklore.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker (folklore)

# In home computing, a hacker is a computer hobbyist putting software or hardware of their system to the extreme. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker (hobbyist)

# Hacker is a card game (not a trading card game) made by Steve Jackson Games (SJG). Published in 1992, the players impersonates hackers fighting for the control of computer networks. It is based primarily on interlocking access to different computer systems in the web. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker (card game)

# In computing, hacker has several meanings: * People engaged in circumvention of computer security. This primarily refers to unauthorized remote computer break-ins via a communication network such as the Internet (black hats), but also includes those who debug or fix security problems (white hats ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker (computing)

# Hacker is a 1985 computer game by Activision. It was designed by Steve Cartwright, produced by Brad Fregger and was released for the Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Apple II, Atari XL/XE, Atari ST, Commodore 64, Macintosh, MS-DOS, MSX and ZX Spectrum. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker (computer game)

# In a security context, a hacker is someone involved in computer security/insecurity, specializing in the discovery of exploits in systems (for exploitation or prevention), or in obtaining or preventing unauthorized access to systems through skills, tactics and detailed knowledge. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker (computer security)

# In one of several meanings of the word in computing, a hacker is a member of the programmer subculture originated in the 1960s in the United States academia, in particular around the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)'s Tech Model Railroad Club (TMRC) and MIT Artificial Intelligence ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker (free and open source software)

# one who cuts with rough or heavy blows; one who kicks wildly or roughly; one who uses a computer to gain unauthorized access to data; one who informally manages or copes (one hacks it); one who informally annoys (another party)
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hacker

Now to further add onto this point.

Dictionary>idiocy.

Cause you know, majority rules.
the method by which definitions are assigned words says hi.

I am through with you.
So you are done pulling things out your *** then?

Next time you want to gloat about some silly little code,
lulz.
Gloating would mean if I constantly went on about it. Considering I mentioned it only once as an example that means your argument falls on its face.

make sure to leave your ego at the door and realize you don't own any **** word.
Report to 5th grade English please.
You really need to get better at reading comprehension.

oh and as for owning a word, never claimed to, however I did provide the correct definition, Considering that the dictionary agrees with me well, it means it agrees with me.
Have a good night.

Eturnus_Frost

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1990-3003-7432
I hack mainly for the lulz, and the fact that it's REALLY fun to do with friends.

Also for the fact you can try things you couldn't do before, etc. pretty much a new experience.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Hackers make the codes.

That makes me a hacker.

We're not cheating. You don't see us using this in serious matches.

I highly doubt you made a hitstun code. Seriously, you won't even give it to the public. Lol, what a liar.

except wavedashing is a made up name (there really is no definition for the action) as for fox trotting have you ever seen the fox trot? There you go.
Fox Trot is actually a ballroom dance as well as an album.

Darkurai

Smash Master
ShadowLink, you're as bad as Yuna. ZOMG GUYS STOP CALLING IT SPIKING. THE MAJORITY IS WRONG IT'S METEOR SMASHING. You see, by definition, Yuna was right; it was, by definition, Meteor Smashing. However, **** near everyone was calling it Spiking now. The community changed the term unofficially. Yuna, however, went out of his way to be a ****, posting solely to correct people who used the term "spike", which was off-topic and thus technically spam. Yuna eventually made a whole topic about this, and proceeded to have it proved that the majority of people prefer the term spiking.

Thus, Yuna was wrong, much like you are wrong right now.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
not whiny or little.

Big and masochistic.
I claim your argument to be void as of now due to this little epic failure.
Do you know what a masochist is?

You can't yell at us for calling what you call "cheating", "hacking" if you think masochistic means...whatever it is you thought it meant.

And I didn't realize you MADE codes, no wonder you're so god**** anal about it. LavisFiend is right, you're just pissed because you feel like people are taking credit. You want YOU to be able to use the word "hack" and people who aren't making codes to not.

I'm not one to say "screw spelling/grammar etc.". In fact, that is the opposite of the message I'd send. However, hacking is both correct and widely used so I wouldn't be sending that message. And no one's going to change the term because some guy decided to go on a power trip and say "ZOMG GAEYZ, I BE THE ONLY WUN ALOUD TWO YOOZ 'HACK'!"

By the way, just for the record? A masochist is someone who enjoys pain.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I claim your argument to be void as of now due to this little epic failure.
Do you know what a masochist is?
yep hence why i used it. I didn't make a proper sentence for it which caused the error. But I was too lazy to fix it.

Masochist=Someone who enjoys pain or punishment.

You can't yell at us for calling what you call "cheating", "hacking" if you think masochistic means...whatever it is you thought it meant.
No not really. A single error=/=everything else being incorrect.
dont do a lavis and start bringing up irrelevant things.

And I didn't realize you MADE codes, no wonder you're so god**** anal about it. LavisFiend is right, you're just pissed because you feel like people are taking credit. You want YOU to be able to use the word "hack" and people who aren't making codes to not.
Not really. I know when people are taking credit for codes they didn't make and obviously they are not doing so, so kindly do not make things up. It just means you're a liar.

Frankly even if I was worried about people taking credit for codes that are being posted that still does not relate to my argument.

That the usage of hacking=cheating is wrong.

However, hacking is both correct and widely used so I wouldn't be sending that message.
I already explained to you why it is incorrect I do not know why you insist on it being correct. Even when the latest dictionary shows that it is incorrect to have hacking=cheating.

And no one's going to change the term because some guy decided to go on a power trip and say "ZOMG GAEYZ, I BE THE ONLY WUN ALOUD TWO YOOZ 'HACK'!"
Never said they weren't allowed either.
You mus be getting desperate if you are accusing me of saying things that were never said.

If someone says I am hacking when they are simply using a code then they aren't hacking , they are cheating end story.

It is a simple correction n the way someone is using a term, just because 1000 people want to continue making an error doesn't mean they are right.

Cutting the red wire when you should be cutting blue and then insisting cutting red is correct doesn't mean you'll be right, even if the majority were to agree with your cuitng the red wire.

Frankly I find it rather funny that both you and Lavis became so terribly upset with me correcting you and explaining why you were wrong, and then going so far as to bring up irrelevant or untrue things time and time again.

I am far from being the first to correct people. If you want I can have benstraw, Zeld, parasyte and many other hackers to confirm what I have said.

Concerning your spoiler...
duh?

Darkurai

Smash Master
Hey guys. I just got an idea. Let's both shut up. Both sides, that is. After all, what does it matter?

Dabble

Smash Cadet
Shadowlink84, you really need to just drop the whole copying Yuna style crap you have been doing.

You are way too obsessed with that person anyways. Besides, you ARE wrong because none of us are going to say we are, making your views just as subjective as our own are.

Erego, you are posting for nothing, because you are not going to change the minds of thousands of people.

It doesen't matter if you are right or wrong, cause frankly? It is so utterly meaningless to debate over it.

You are being a big baby over it; so just accept the pacifier of truth and kindly be quiet and leave this thread. The thread is about why people enjoy to hack, not flaunting your ego about you making codes and a simply technicality.

RetroRhythm

Smash Apprentice
Hackers make the codes.

That makes me a hacker.

The few reasons being you are a troll who doesen't even have the code you harp about.

Seriously, why are people arguing with someone who is completely full of BS?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Shadowlink84, you really need to just drop the whole copying Yuna style crap you have been doing.

You are way too obsessed with that person anyways. Besides, you ARE wrong because none of us are going to say we are, making your views just as subjective as our own are.

Erego, you are posting for nothing, because you are not going to change the minds of thousands of people.

It doesen't matter if you are right or wrong, cause frankly? It is so utterly meaningless to debate over it.

You are being a big baby over it; so just accept the pacifier of truth and kindly be quiet and leave this thread. The thread is about why people enjoy to hack, not flaunting your ego about you making codes and a simply technicality.
Precisely this.

Shadowlink, the one error was you using the wrong word. How is enjoying pain the opposite of being whiny...?
It's hypocritical to tell us we use the wrong word when you did, too.

Although again, it's not wrong. Just because you've told me it's incorrect doesn't mean it's true. Your counter to everything is either "No, not really I already said this" or "that's irrelevant". GO AWAY. It doesn't matter that much, stop being so anal. If you had said it once and dropped it it would've been fine but then people kept using it and you said it again. We're going to say hacking, regardless of if you claim it's correct or not.

vinni57

Smash Cadet
Yes, I believe it was in a forum here somewhere.

I would get a USB Gecko, but I would rather get an "Action Wiiplay." Action Replays have given me so much hacking fun it's not even funny. It kept me from getting bored with melee. THAT is my BEST excuse for hacking, it keeps games from getting old.
That makes scene but it shouldn't be used too early or else you're going to get bored faster than without the AR.:ohwell:

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Actually I used to be a smash debater, I didn't know of ynuna's existence until recently. Nic try though.
in what way?
Considering that the dictionary agrees with the definition I provided and has no definition of the one you are using, that would mean it isn't subjective.
Ignorance is bliss yes?
if it had been meaningless then why would I get such heated responses?
Apparently it does matter to people otherwise, they would have just ignored it and gone on.
Might I ask where I was flaunting codes?
Please show me since fraknly, it sounds as if you are just jumping on the bandwagon.

[quote

Shadowlink, the one error was you using the wrong word. How is enjoying pain the opposite of being whiny...?
It's hypocritical to tell us we use the wrong word when you did, too.
[/quote]
my aim wasn't to use the opposite though "big" did give off such an idea.
The whole point was that I didn't agree with the description and preferred another.
not necessarily opposites.

Unless you went blind I copy and passed all the old definitions of hacking as well as the most recent ones.

Considering your on definition is not up there why would you insist on using a term incorrectly?

The few reasons being you are a troll who doesn't even have the code you harp about.
And you get this idea why?

As I mentioned earlier I am not too experienced with the wii hence whenever I make codes they tend to act buggy. Similar to the tripping code that was originally released (which caused only MK to trip) the code that I made just doesn't work as it should.)

Oh well believe what you will , frankly using personal attacks as a method of countering the argument concerning the term hacking, is completely irrelevant.

Seriously, why are people arguing with someone who is completely full of BS?
Well if You were capable of reading you would know why wouldn't you?
Skimming is generally bad.

RetroRhythm

Smash Apprentice
Shadowlink84:

You are the most stubborn and pretentious little punk I have ever had the displeasure of reading.

You're dead to me; you have lost your privileges of talking to me.

Top Bottom