• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why do the majority of people here want a Melee 2.0?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b

Xanderous

Smash Lord
I think the fact that Melee was as great as it was is enough explanation for wanting Melee 2.

$ick

Smash Lord
It's not so much that I "care" about wding and all the other advance techniques. The thing I care about is the fact that it seems Nintendo is dumbing the game down so that way everyone is equal blah blah. I know a lot of people play this game casually and more power to em, but I have more fun playing it competitively, so taking that away sucks for me. :(

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I'm personally tired of Fox/Falco on FD with no items doing the exact same moves over and over.
With me it's always Marth, FSMASH,FSMASH,FSMASH, NAIR, DAIR...

^^^I don't use Marth at all, that's what my friends do. :laugh:

I am a Yoshster. :lick:

It will be inevitable though; there will always be a character people as a mass will flock too...

That's why I am hoping instead of 5 characters people seem to use the most, I am hoping for at least 10-12.

That way it dosen't become dull and boring fighting the same character over and over...

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
This put a smile on my face. Couldnt have said it better myself. I want brawl not melee 2.

Yeah, me too.

I'm sick of being flamed or saying the guy i say is liar because they want melee 2.0

Even someone people wants MELEE with online, not melee 2.0 :embarrass

The great point is this: the people wants a 2.0 of a RUSHED game.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
"Seriously, tell me something: Why do you care so much about Wavedashing, as well as the other advanced techs and if they make it in or not? This is BRAWL, not MELEE..."

I honestly stopped reading right there, post such as these are so bloody repetitive. No **** that Brawl isn't going to be Melee 100% but it is a sequel and we should expect the games to be similar. I'm tried of the elitist being bashed, its the scrubs who are so bloody concerned about the lack of washdash, lol like they think they can beat us now... pfft.

Mama

Smash Ace
hell i dont use gliches or exploit and still i predict and calculate my enemies attack

using gliches,exploits is not pro,is like a person using steroids and wining a gold medal in the olimpics
You failed.

For starters the only thing that can be considered a glitch by a stretch of the imagination is wave dashing which is not the most important thing. L-canceling is part of the game and has been since Smash64. Shffling is simply a fancy word for a combo that utilizes L-canceling. Mind games are present in anything competitive. Care to try again?

And using these advanced techniques is more like a person who plays *insert sport* and instead of simply doing what the rules say (shoot the ball into the hoop, hit the ball with the racket onto the other side, reach the in zone, etc etc) they utilize their own skill as a human being to adapt and reach a higher level of play. Tennis was not always played the same since the beginning nor was any other sport. Get better.

:urg: Awwww, you got meh.
Guess that means we'll be seeing Super Smash Bros : Rhubarb in the future.

gnosis

Smash Lord
I personally believe that Brawl can be a new, more balanced, better game, and not just a Melee 2.0, while still retaining wavedashing. I don't think removing it was an improvement.

Since the beginning I've wanted Brawl to be its own game; in much the same way Melee was its own game from 64. Without removing much of anything, but by modifying and adding techniques, characters, the speed, etc.,Melee became a very different game from 64. I hoped the same could be done with Brawl.

Call me crazy...

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
I don't care about wavedashing but I do kinda want Melee 2.0 Melee was an amazing game, my favorite game of all time. Brawl shouldn't be something completely different it should just add on top of it. Look at Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine Mario 64 was amazing. Sunshine was very good too but it was almost differentfor the sake of being different. That makes no sense. Mario Galaxy looks better because it is adding on top of what was in Mario 64 but not taking away anything fundamental or focusing on thr different like Sunshine. Brawl shouldn't focus on being different than melee just better than it, melee refined

Cruise

Smash Apprentice
give it 1 month before the techies break down the game into frames
1 month before some new glitch is discovered and becomes an advanced tech, then everyone forgets about wavedashing and just plays brawl.

if you guys don't remember, a lot of people hated melee when it first came out.

just wait for brawl and get over it
if you really hate brawl that much, whatever, keep on playing melee

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
"Seriously, tell me something: Why do you care so much about Wavedashing, as well as the other advanced techs and if they make it in or not? This is BRAWL, not MELEE..."

I honestly stopped reading right there, post such as these are so bloody repetitive. No **** that Brawl isn't going to be Melee 100% but it is a sequel and we should expect the games to be similar. I'm tried of the elitist being bashed, its the scrubs who are so bloody concerned about the lack of washdash, lol like they think they can beat us now... pfft.
How about reading the rest of the post before conforming to idiocy?

The Smash series is only similar through the formula it follows, and has been prone to make changes many people do not like, (Kirby and Ness' horrible nerf in the Melee transition)

So you fail. There will be changes people will not like in Brawl too...

After all, the games are "similar" to one another.

Smash Ace
wavedashing involves midair dodging at a downward angle, giving you a slide. at the very lest, it's fun to do.
Brawl better not be a Melee 2.0

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
How about reading the rest of the post before conforming to idiocy?

The Smash series is only similar through the formula it follows, and has been prone to make changes many people do not like, (Kirby and Ness' horrible nerf in the Melee transition)

So you fail. There will be changes people will not like in Brawl too...

After all, the games are "similar" to one another.
"This has been my rant regarding the matter, I don't give a crap if you heard this before, I really don't, because at this point of time, it needs to be stressed:"

I read your post and I agree, people are being to bloody anal about Brawl, however, this Brawl =/= Melee is overdone. Also if "[you] don't give a crap if you heard this before" than why bother replying to my post. And I also do not understand what leads you to believe that I "fail."

Brawl Melee 64

Smash Cadet
Wonderfully said. Brawl will be the greatest game of all time, after it comes out, Melee will be dead to me. Final Smashes, Assist Trophies, Gliding, Footstool Jump, Gooey Bomb, Star Fox Bomb, Subspace Amissary all new characters items and stages FTW!!!!! No more Fox vs Fox with no items on Final D....Im sick of it people...sick of it...

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
"This has been my rant regarding the matter, I don't give a crap if you heard this before, I really don't, because at this point of time, it needs to be stressed:"

I read your post and I agree, people are being to bloody anal about Brawl, however, this Brawl =/= Melee is overdone. Also if "[you] don't give a crap if you heard this before" than why bother replying to my post. And I also do not understand what leads you to believe that I "fail."
Cause I can. :laugh:

Well, you win now that you actually read the post. :chuckle:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Wonderfully said. Brawl will be the greatest game of all time, after it comes out, Melee will be dead to me. Final Smashes, Assist Trophies, Gliding, Footstool Jump, Gooey Bomb, Star Fox Bomb, Subspace Amissary all new characters items and stages FTW!!!!! No more Fox vs Fox with no items on Final D....Im sick of it people...sick of it...
Error. There is no best game and there will be no best game. I hate when people say that, they're too many games to simply point at one and call it the best.

Ontopic:

Why do play by tournament rules [those aren't tournament rules, sans no items, at least get you facts straight before bashing something] if you don't like it?

1% of the people play that way and you're forcing yourself to deal with it? The way I see it you brought it on yourself.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
You play in a game in a format you hate. I love exagerations, too. If you are still going to be playing the format you hate (tournies), then I hope you like this. The game will still be unbalanced and I hope that the few moments (or forever for all I know) that items are on in tournies, you get hit by all sorts of bombs, final smashes, ATs, and legendary pokemon.

You guys are just becoming silly now.

Edit: I like how we can predict the future, too. Or is it that sequels are always better. We saw that in Mario 1 to Mario 2, and Mario 62 to Super Mario sunshine? The sequels were so much better right? All of them.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Error. There is no best game and there will be no best game. I hate when people say that, they're too many games to simply point at one and call it the best.

Ontopic:

Why do play by tournament rules [those aren't tournament rules, sans no items, at least get you facts straight before bashing something] if you don't like it?

1% of the people play that way and you're forcing yourself to deal with it? The way I see it you brought it on yourself.
Total opinion on the greatest game part, and he can think that way if he wants.

I play by tournament rules because I actually go from time to time, (or did, I dropped Melee 4-5 months ago.) However, there is really nothing you can do if you want to play a different way and your friends insist on playing one certain way.

Nowadays I just plop it in to listen to soundtest or replay events.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Want to switch places? I have friends that just love FFAs and items on ******** stages, it's almost no fun. I just get ganged up on because people realize I'm on of the best on the stage and they don't want to get owned long before everyone else.

Brawl Melee 64

Smash Cadet
Looks like that one comment I decided to post got insulted pretty bad already ^^

I only get to play against my brothers on a daily basis, so I always look forward to going to new tournies to play new people, but I always see the same match over and over..in my opinion, items are more fun, and I wont stop you from turning them off if you think having them OFF is more fun (not like I can anyways >_>) I dont play items off when Im playing at my house with my bros or my close friends, but I cant seem to find anyone else who will play with items on in a stage like Poke Floats (one of my favorites). Anyways, thats all I meant, didnt mean to sound too rude or anything.

Oh and, NES n00b, your right, sequals arent always better, and there is still an extremely small chance that brawl will suck, or be worse than Melee, but so far, with the information on Dojo, I dont think that'll happen. It looks like this game will by my favorite.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Want to switch places? I have friends that just love FFAs and items on ******** stages, it's almost no fun. I just get ganged up on because people realize I'm on of the best on the stage and they don't want to get owned long before everyone else.
Sure :laugh:

When you say ******** levels though.....

You can't POSSIBLY mean the hell hole that is Icicle Mountain? :urg: That levels needs to die.

I just want my motion sensor mines and bob-ombs....

As well as the odd star rod here or there. XD

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Sure :laugh:

When you say ******** levels though.....

You can't POSSIBLY mean the hell hole that is Icicle Mountain? :urg: That levels needs to die.

I just want my motion sensor mines and bob-ombs....

As well as the odd star rod here or there. XD
Gosh... I HATE Icicle mountain. My stance on this is Neutral, though I won't lie I did enjoy attempting to learn to wavedash and the like. And I won't quit Melee when Brawl come out, I'll just play both. ^_^ So WD not being in Brawl doesn't bother me. I have fun playing casual AND tournament. However, I HATE HATE HATE Icicle mountain. X_X I am worried about the changes to air dodging though. Only slightly, but still.

The only thing is, is that my boyfriend is a strict casual player and tends to make rather mean remarks about the tournament scene. I defend it, though I play casual, but he tends to be rather mean in purposely choosing Icicle mountain cause he knows I hate it. Also, Whenever I team with him, he just fights and doesn't work with me to implement any sort of strategy at all. *sigh* I want to get better, but have no one to play against to do so. D: Minus one person I don't see all that often.

Wight

Smash Apprentice
if its too slow just play in lightning mode if you arent satisfied, better yet, there might an option to choose the speed like in training (.5x, 1x, 1.5x, 2x etc)

FrostyFrosty

Smash Rookie
Ok people, ask yourself this question. What made SSM the game it is today? When the game came out it's buzz was that it was the next game from SSBros. What pushed SSM to where it is today (massive tourny and community) was its adv techs (WD, SH, LC, Etc.) What these techs added to the game was another level added to the skill seperating "normal casual players" to the pro's we all know and admire. What these pro's want is not to lose those skill seperating tech's discovered in Melee, because it was what really made Melee the game it is today. Now i know im going to buy brawl no matter what missing techs or otherwise. But i think the game will be MUCH more fun if the tech's in Melee were left in. I miss anything?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
You missed the fact that we're considering mainly tournaments in our arguments. Yes, a lot of people here will buy Brawl regardless of advanced techniques, but whether or not they play Brawl competitively will be decided on how the game plays.

D

Deleted member

i want a "melee 2.0" because nintendo has been screwing over hardcore gamers and i want a game that i will play for more than 2 weeks

Wight

Smash Apprentice
You missed the fact that we're considering mainly tournaments in our arguments. Yes, a lot of people here will buy Brawl regardless of advanced techniques, but whether or not they play Brawl competitively will be decided on how the game plays.
you make it sound like someone would choose not to buy the game simply because some old "advanced techniques" were left out.. now come on, that would be just silly.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Blablabla, everyone bagging LavisFiend needs to take a moment and lie down. Change is good. If you don't like it, melee will still be there.

And about the speed question, remember at the start of melee? Good players were quite slow compared with how they are now. LEARNING THE GAME WILL MAKE YOU FASTER. Good players will push Brawl in time, just like they did with melee.

I would be deeply disappointed if someone could master this game at E for All in one playthrough. That indicates a lack of depth, not changing things.

Being scared of change in a video game is lame. That's the reason they are making a sequel! :crazy:

greenblob

Smash Lord
I think most of us agree with this:

No WD: nothing to complain about
New gameplay mechanics: nothing to worry about
Shallow gameplay: the biggest disappointment of the year

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Shallow gameplay: the biggest overreaction over a false assumption of the year
Seriously guys, calm down. How the heck are we supposed to know how deep or shallow a game is from just a few minutes of gameplay?!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
you make it sound like someone would choose not to buy the game simply because some old "advanced techniques" were left out.. now come on, that would be just silly.

I believe people will. I will certainly buy Brawl regardless, though.

Makkers

Smash Cadet
i want a "melee 2.0" because nintendo has been screwing over hardcore gamers and i want a game that i will play for more than 2 weeks
This is based on what again?

Seems like people just want an excuse to complain. My advice? Wait for the game's released and wait until people can "break" the game while seeing what comes out. Seriously, how long did it take people to discover techniques such as wave dashing in Melee?

greenblob

Smash Lord
Seriously guys, calm down. How the heck are we supposed to know how deep or shallow a game is from just a few minutes of gameplay?!
I'm not saying that the game will be shallow. What I'm saying is that most people here are fine with new gameplay, but if the game turns out to be shallow, it'll be a huge letdown.

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is nothing more than a sequal to Melee. If you guys want a different game, then go play something else.

Brawl = Melee++;

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Don't fix what isn't broken.

That phrase comes into mind.

WDing is out, so what? We've got crawling now.

Your post is good, but exagerrated.

Top Bottom