• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you start playing Ness?

Jono

Smash Apprentice
Played Ness in SSB (N64).

Didn't like how the other characters are.

Levitas

the moon
lol (@ when simna took up ness)

I started "playing" Ness the day ssbm came out, (7th grade for me) Stayed up till 5 that night, and the game back then was roll n' smash. Except that I didn't really get the hang of rolling. And I didn't know how to smash.

I started actually playing Ness when I got bored at playing with Marth at U of M. Those were the days when Fifth Colum was starting to form, and those were the days I learned that people upload videos when they are better than you. or at least when they think they are. Or if they're simna. And mofo v. PC was good enough that I watch it whenever I think of it.

Really, though, if you're reading this and you haven't played earthbound, do so now.

CRocque22

Smash Rookie
I play as Ness because he's always appealed to me. I like using the baseball bat and the yo-yo. He strikes me as a very unique character.

Rupert

Smash Rookie
I played Earthbound at my friends house a while ago, and it was amazing. I can't wait till it comes out on the Wii VC hopefully. But Ness was the first character I really liked when I got SSBM in 2001. After a year of using him, but wihout all the advanced stuff we know about him know and the rest, he started to get a bit boring. I then moved to Falco who I thought looked really cool in his blue costume. ( that was the main reason i used him lol) Then in 2005 i switched to Marth and used advanced techs with him. In 2006 everyone used Marth, and i stopped playing for months. Then in september i got really pumped for brawl and started smashing again. Everyone seemed kinda dull, until i picked up Ness again and started to use advanced techs. I was 8 or 9 when i first got smash, so i was a nub like a lot of people. I've been using him for months now as my semi main, and i use falco when i go against experienced smashers at tourneys, otherwise i use Ness. Also I've grown interested in Pichu lately for some reason, but mainly cuz i like low tier characters. I basically use Ness cuz i find him very original, i like his DJC and his is WD is pretty good. PK Flashing someone trying to get back on the platform to death is so satisfying lol. Also killing my friends with his yoyo and baseball bat is hilarious. Ness is a great character, I'm glad that he wasn't replaced by Lucas in melee. I hope he makes it into brawl.

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
I played Earthbound at my friends house a while ago, and it was amazing. I can't wait till it comes out on the Wii VC hopefully. But Ness was the first character I really liked when I got SSBM in 2001. After a year of using him, but wihout all the advanced stuff we know about him know and the rest, he started to get a bit boring. I then moved to Falco who I thought looked really cool in his blue costume. ( that was the main reason i used him lol) Then in 2005 i switched to Marth and used advanced techs with him. In 2006 everyone used Marth, and i stopped playing for months. Then in september i got really pumped for brawl and started smashing again. Everyone seemed kinda dull, until i picked up Ness again and started to use advanced techs. I was 8 or 9 when i first got smash, so i was a nub like a lot of people. I've been using him for months now as my semi main, and i use falco when i go against experienced smashers at tourneys, otherwise i use Ness. Also I've grown interested in Pichu lately for some reason, but mainly cuz i like low tier characters. I basically use Ness cuz i find him very original, i like his DJC and his is WD is pretty good. PK Flashing someone trying to get back on the platform to death is so satisfying lol. Also killing my friends with his yoyo and baseball bat is hilarious. Ness is a great character, I'm glad that he wasn't replaced by Lucas in melee. I hope he makes it into brawl.
I love ness.

Firzius

Smash Rookie
I used to use Marth when I started learning advanced techs but it just started to be too easy to fight with the people i play with. There was only one guy in our group of friends who presented a challenge. So I started using Ness as a bit of fun, to give the less experienced of us a chance, and i found I liked his DJCing and his unique moves, so I played with him more. I also found him much more enjoyable to play with. His moves were so different to anyone elses, so I had some work to do with him, which gave me an incentive to play with him more. Now i play with him loads, and he is now my main (even though I like to go back to Marth every once in a while ;)).

Phelix08

Smash Apprentice
I've been reading this stuff for quite a while now but never posted so i figured it was about time... I started playing ness origonally out of spite to my friend who hated people who played as the same character as him. And he played ness. When SSBM came out I read the guide and saw that he was classified as one of the "advanced" characters and I thought I was the best player ever (I only played with a handful of friends and they were all bad) so I decided to make him my main and i've played him ever sence.

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
I started playing Ness because I like him more than a healthy amount. I own about three blue and yellow striped shirts. I'm not kidding. I constantly talk about him. I like his character design and his colors. I can imitate him. I've beaten Earthbound like 18 times spanning five consoles. And since I'm the best one around my area, (read: neighborhood) his low tierness doesn't prevent me from winning an awful lot. I also play Doc.

jigglyness123

Smash Rookie
im not sure why. probably because my friends all use the high tier people like fox, and they think that tiers automatically decide who win. then i pwn them with ness, and they think i rigged the fight. sweet victory:joyful:

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
I started maining Ness after I realized that I only had one main. After looking at every character to see which one I would like best, Ness just felt more comfortable to me than say Falcon (whose jump I can't control), Jigglypuff (who is too floaty), and Falco (who is too broken). Ness's DJC feels perfect for some reason unlike Peach's, Mewtwo's, or Yoshi's. Then because of the YYG.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I think it was learning about the yo-yo glitch...which is just too dang awesome. Plus he's a lot of fun to play as.

So now he's my secondary char. It's weird transitioning between my falcon and my ness though >.>

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
my main was fox but everyone uses him too much so i just wanted to use a character that no one ever uses..

aceflier2009

Smash Rookie
Hurtling towards you, my body covered in sparks.
I first started playing Ness simply because some of his attacks have electrical effects. That was when melee first came out. The power of his Uair, the versatility of the Fair, and the awesomeNESS of PK Thunders 1&2 have kept Ness as my main. And the ping when you hit someone with his bat.:laugh:

Top Bottom