• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you pick up your main?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm pretty sure there's already a thread on this.
My guess, it might be more than five threads that's similer or just about the same as this. As I see, this thread might last for a week or so I guess.

On topic, I main Kirby because he's my favroite Nintendo character ever. Well, all my mains is from game's that I love to play.

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
I now main Kirby and Dedede.
I main Kirby because he's now a lot closer to his old "glory days" in Smash 64. His moveset is excellent, and he can fly.
I main Dedede because of his incredible grabs, good recovery, high damage, high knockback, and high weight.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
THE AURA FLOWS THROUGH MY VEINS! THE AURA IS WITH ME! ROAR!

But seriously, I started with Samus because of DBZ (She reminded me of Frieza on the origonal games, and I was like 5 years old). Then I added Zelda to my character list. And now, Lucario seems to incoperate some of then strengths that both have, from excelent body types to great attack range, and the big-boom-bang-explosive-blast-energy attack. :p

justaway12

Smash Master
♠ I mained Peach because I DESPERATLY wanted to main Mario or Luigi or any other mario char but mainly Mario...and Kirby would have been good aswell i guess (Melee main) but people kept saying Peach was ditzy, I didn't mind but it wasn't because I hated her (there was nothing to hate) anyway one day I thought "wait a minute isn't she Mario's girlfriend, she can't be ditzy afterall Mario could do MUCH better if she was" (I always knew she was with Mario but I never thought about it much.)but that wasn't enough to switch her with Mario.....anyway one day I switched on brawl and decided to play as Peach, I soon found out she was extremly fun and I sucked with Mario & Luigi & Bowser & Kirby (He also just wasn't the same as he was in Melee and I know thats a good thing but he just didn't feel "right") so she was my main and the rest were for fun. ♠

♠ I mained Jigglypuff because she was fun and I was good with her aswell. ♠

Ehkoes

Smash Rookie
I main Bowser....becuz in melee....when me and my friend both chose random....he got marth and i ended up with bowser.....i lost......and he said...."Marth Will Always Slay That Dragon".........

so obviously i had to prove him wrong.......and i super trained.......destroyed his soul......and bowser became my main........then brawl came out and Bowser upgraded....my dream had come true.........and i dare a marth to challenge me >=]

Plus.....bowser just looks f***ing awesome

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Well, I chose Jigglypuff in Melee after I learned what this "Rest" thing was. Ganon's just bad-***...

Both are for teh lulz mostly.

Shining Aquas

Smash Cadet
I enjoyed playing Kirby in the original (without realizing how ridiculously good he was in 64) and just decided to keep him ever since.

Although, I did think it was odd that playing Kirby fairly well all throughout the 7 years of Melee somehow earned me a bunch of props (which I didn't really understand until I realized he was near worst character).
Watching people swear horrible things after losing to me in a number of Kirby vs Marth matches was surprisingly satisfying.

I still play Kirby as main, Ganon and Sonic are secondaries. I also enjoy Marth, Ike, and Dedede.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Went over to my friends house years back, he had SSB, and I was trying all the characters, and he was dominating, so finally I get to link, we play a match, and I beat him (he was Fox) Thinking it was just luck, we have a rematch, I win again. Link is my 1st choice ever since.

Snow Striker

Smash Rookie
I honestly chose Marth in Melee because he had blue hair and a sword. Then I chose him in Brawl because I <3'd him so much in Melee.

Oh and he has a tiara. Manly man.

~Snow

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
I main Captain Falcon because I felt like a challenge at the time, after hearing all this stuff about how he's the worst character in the game. Now I do fine with him, but would like to take him higher =D
Also he's a man.
Also I have a Captain Falcon helmet =D (made out of cardboard but it looks pretty **** sweet)
Before that, I played Falco, because I played Falco in Melee, and that was because I didn't quite like Melee's Fox, though I liked Fox in SSB64.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I do believe SamuraiPanda made a thread about this very thing. Search. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom