• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did you pick Falco instead of Fox?

mirage_drag0n

Smash Apprentice
So why did all you Falco players pick Falco instead of Fox? There like nearly the same but only with a few differences.

I basically like Falco more because his laser has knock back, his shine sends enemies upwards instead of horizontally, he's dair spike and he's easily to control than fox.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I don't think they are too similar really. The characters work fundementally on the same principals, but there are enough key differences that make them entirely different characters to master.

I prefer Falco because of his rediculous offensive approach (SHL), his retardedly fast spike (Dair), and his, in my opinion, superior combos. Quite literally all of his moves can see play, and over half of them can start or continue combos. That and he's one bad mofo.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Originally, back in the good ol' noob days, I chose Falco over Fox because he had higher jumps. Woo. I'm pro.

Anyway, I've stuck with him as I enjoy the power and solidity of Falco's moves and physics over the speed and fluidity of Fox's. I prefer my pwnage served with a rock-solid offensive style, not a whimsical ballet dance, hence Falco is my top tier character of choice.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
at first i thought the sane thing, but fox n falco r very different. anyways i played with fox first but then i got Dair'd so much it knocked some sense n2 me. falco is better, n i don't do 2 good with fast characters

terr13

Smash Journeyman
I personally like Falco's playing style more than that of Fox. Fox dances around and then moves in for quick attacks. Falco just goes offensive and puts the pressure on the opponent. And Falco takes less mindgames..

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I started picking up Falco as a secondary instead of Fox is, because my friend and I were smashing it up. And I am kind of a show off in the game, and he thinks he is really good with Fox and he would say how much Falco sucks. So I made a bet with him that I could beat him with 3 stock left in a 5 stock match. And we were about to play Fox dittos, but then I am like hey you know what I will take you with falco (At this point I very rarely played with either of these characters) and he was like alright. He thinks falco sucks because of his bad recovery, u air, and up smash. So we got into the battle and I ended up meteor smashing him like crazy and he couldn't handle it, because he has never had to deal with that and I ended up four stocking him and won five dollars...YAY!!! so yeah that is my story.

I am like him because his higher jumping, his down tilt and his meteor smash

zerosin

Smash Apprentice
Though I like super fast characters, I like Falco more than Fox because I play with a better flow as Falco. I'm pretty noobish with him atm, but I like Falco's shine as an air combo starter (annoys my friends badly ^_^ ), his dair pwns, and he's a bit more solid attack and defense-wise.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
I play Falco mainly because of his ability to control and manipulate chains of combos that usually leave my opponent suffering. My friend and I have been playing competitively for quite some time now, Him being Doc, and Me being Falco. What I mainly like about Falco though is the stun on his laser, the ability to combo off a shine easily, and the fact that he is a little more unpredictable than fox (shine combos etc.) Anyways, thats my 2 cents.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Same here, Bombsoldier mainly persuaded me. But I learned alot from my friend Lambchops also.

A-Laon

Smash Master
****, I forgot both Bombsoldier and the lasers. Major factors in my decision.

Even though I prefer PC Chris and mindgame approaches now...

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice
i like falco because he is the only one i can short hop with between him and fox.. his dtilt is a really good move his first jump can go high . i like how his gun moves them unlike fox and his spike like you said

Smash Master
I used to use Fox, but now I'm beginning to switch to Falco because SHL is so broken. It stops the opponent in their tracks, bends them over, and makes them say "Please, sir, may I have another."

craiigg

Smash Lord
I chose him cause he's so much more offensive than fox. You can jump in SHL'ing everywhere. Plus PC plays such a mean falco you can;t help but be inspired

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Falco has more range, more priority on aerials great side smash and down smash, less chain throwable than Fox and that beautiful SHL stunner of his.

Still my main is Fox, but I use Falky when my Fox gets pwned.

COEY

Smash Lord
Originally i played falco as i used to attack only with the firebird lol (before which was my rollout spamming jiggs...) but that was way before i ever saw a good falco. Although soldier of fortune did inspire me alot to play falco is still prefer PC's falco. I have tried on many times to play fox, but falco flows much better for me, plus 2 of my friends main fox.... plus comeon the shine spike is just down right filthy.
Shiz love your falco combo vid btw :p you're another big inspiration =)

cu00x19

Smash Apprentice
Lol...?

I use Falco b/c I can beat Marths easy with him. I also don't mindgame too much in my style, so I go offensive with Falco. Big @zz comboz, c00l combos. I love his style of gameplay! Plus its easier to mini-illusion w/ him(IMO). Bombsoldier inspired me to keep him as a main. I don't use Fox alot anymore.

?...loL

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
first of all fox and falco are really different in my opinion

i chose falco because alot of my friends already use fox, plus i think fox is cheap ****. (but so is falco in some ways)

and FTR bombsoldier sold me too

Mr. Derp

Smash Apprentice
FORMALLY: Ryu777 ...OLD POST COUNT: around 500
cause he's 10000x easier than fox
wrong ( im only typing more because there is a character limit)

fox isnt any harder to play, once you can dash dance, wavehsine, l-cancel, the basic stuff, he becomes just as efficiently easy and cheap as the other top/high tier characters. mediocre foxes can beat good peaches (and I dont usually defend peach players)

edit: and im not being biased, i play fox as well

manlypass@gmail.com

Smash Rookie
I chose Falco over Fox because of how PC Chris played Falco, it looked really cool. I used to play fox and I dunno, I just didn't like him that much. When I started playing Falco I was really bad but I still played with him because I wanted to be like PC Chris, so eventually I got my own GC and am attempting to master the WD, L-Cancel, pillar, and just overall being quick with Falco. My game is pretty flashy, but not as flashy as BS or PC's.

arrowhead

Smash Ace
wrong ( im only typing more because there is a character limit)

fox isnt any harder to play, once you can dash dance, wavehsine, l-cancel, the basic stuff, he becomes just as efficiently easy and cheap as the other top/high tier characters. mediocre foxes can beat good peaches (and I dont usually defend peach players)

edit: and im not being biased, i play fox as well
you need faster fingers for fox

Top Bottom