• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why did we choose to main mewtwo?

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
just wondering...

why did you choose to main mewtwo?
were you aware of the tier list when you picked him?

expecting honest answers

(looks like a spam thread, but not trying to be a spam thread, maybe this should go in casual chat, but this way its easier to get responses.)

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I decided to main Mewtwo because I thought he was one of the coolest characters in the game. I picked him up long before I knew of smashboards though. At first I did get beat by most of my friends. At the time, we all were under the idea that he was a good character, but hard to use. After playing against my friends enough, I was able to fight evenly with them. After going to some tourneys and signing up for smashboards, I learned of the tier list and advanced techniques. That did not affect my character choice at all. I enjoyed playing as M2 and didn't feel that it was so unfair that I could never win. He was a badass character and I had a ton of fun playing, so I continued to.

pablovirus

Smash Journeyman
I knew of the tier list, but i didn't believe in it. I thought mewtwo was cool and I liked the way he had to be played so I just picked him. My friends are not really good anyway so Mew2 is more than enough for me to beat them =P

TehTooya

Smash Rookie
I play Mewtwo for the same reason I play pichu, cause they are underplayed and people regard them as useless. My main character is most definately Fox (as of about a week ago....), but its fun to unwind with Mewtwo.

Plus Mewtwo is just too **** kick ***. See that d-stick? Push up, the taunt! Yess! Laugh Mewtwo, yesss..sss.

o.o

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Picked him up because he was badass, especially when I first unlocked him and I loved all of his moves. Didn't know much about smashboards, I did know about L-Cancel, wavedash, shield-grab, the early stuff. I ended up "making up" a ton of tricks with him (like djc, djc extend, FCSB tricks) and found he was really really fun to mess around with and quickly becoming one of my best characters.

He's my favourite character to play, with Samus a second, and if it weren't for Mewtwo just being a bad character I would touch no one else. Nonetheless he's one of my best characters and the moment Brawl comes out I'm going to find out how to unlock Mewtwo, unlock him and stomp some ***** online.

Oh yeah a little detail, I picked him up like a week into the game and didn't watch Shadowclaw for 3 months after it's release >_>

slave1

Smash Lord
i chose him about a year ago well before i knew of any of these advanced techs. i didnt know of smashboards and or even shadow claw.

then i descoved shadow claw and my game stepped up. unfortunently when you go against a IC all day who knows how to chain grab and is pro it is really fricken hard. and peach is gay.

chose him because no one played him

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
Anyone who really knows me, would be able to tell you that I have always said that Mewtwo was my favorite character, of anything, ever. When I first unlocked him, I was discouraged from playing him because he was so hard to use. I instead chose marth because of (of all reasons) his counter. Later, when I had learned about smashboards, the tier list, and the advanced techniques, I started to actually get pretty good at the game, but none of my competition was any good. I got as good as I could with marth, and then decided to challenge myself to get good with mewtwo. I quickly found MookieRah's believe in yourself vid, and used that as a quick overview of common maneuvers for Mewtwo.

I was there when Taj started making a splash in the Mewtwo scene, and ever since, I've been using Mewtwo.
Still not very good though.

Airo

Smash Lord
haha, well, when i started playing, mookierah was the star.
didnt hear about taj yet ...

also heard about umbreonmow being the best mewtwo before mookierah, but his video with cape did not impress me much. "believe in yourself" completely caught my attention.

as a result of mookierahs vid, i went to learn all my advance techs using mewtwo. and soon found myself unable to part from him.

but before mewtwo, i loved to use pikachu and zelda.

BerDinosaur

Smash Cadet
I choose to main Mewtwo because I love being the underdog. :p

Also, I love Mewtwo's style. Whenever I see a cool Mewtwo play well, its just...breathtaking! When the technical skill comes into play, Mewtwo moves like a millions of painted pictures each developed with dexterous skill!

...okay...maybe I'm sounding a bit crazy, but still, he's really cool to look at from an advanced technical perspective.

Overall, I wanna be the guy to show people around my area that Mewtwo isn't as bad as a majority of the Smash universe thinks, and maybe knock a few space animal heads off in local tourneys.

Twinslash

Smash Cadet
Game name- Ev0 http://www.youtube.com/user/Ev02k
/wave Mewtwo forums, decided to start my posting my opinions.

I decided on mewtwo before i got into competitive smash and i used to use him messing around because i liked all his trickey(teleport, disable). After playing marth for the past couple of years i picked up mewtwo again and to be honest, its just too **** cool winning with him.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
My story sucks, it's not even worth posting. :( If you really want to know it though, you can randomly message me whenever I decide to come on AIM (It's really random.) or find me in WoW on Ner'zhul. My name is Taj. :)

Or you can just ask Wobbles, cuz he makes stories sound so epic.

Insane-Contrast

Smash Apprentice
I played Fox right when I began the game... but when I discovered the tier and advanced techs...
MEWTWO! Because he's considred the worst character I wanted to play him because I thought he was kinda good!
I love his nair. It's my best friend in matches.

Pdiz

Smash Apprentice
I picked up mewtwo because I knew he sucked, but I saw a lot of potential in him and enjoyed playing with him (given his style). I don't really main mewtwo anymore though... DK is better and more fun :-P. Mewtwo is just so **** stressful to play with.

quak

Smash Champion
pdiz, you should come down to the norcal tournament on the 15th, apparently there's at least one car from washington

look into it

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Well, I started using him one day after picking him randomly for fighting a friend of mine XD

Since then, he's my favorite character to use and plus, I draw alot of attention when playing at tournaments or at smashfests. I love the reactions of people when they play me. All you hear is "wtf?!?!" especially when they lose. Oh, can't forget the challenge that playing Mewtwo provides, I love how difficult it is to win, keeps the game fresh.

Pdiz

Smash Apprentice
Sorry Quak, I would consider going, but I'm leaving for home (Fresno, CA) that day. I am arriving early though, so maybe I'll see if my friend wants to drive there when I get back. Where is it going to be in NorCal?

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
Because Mewtwo is just freaking fun to play with, you got DJC F airs and the super good wavedash and the grabs and the teleport! I love havin challenges and that's how I get my fun- Although I admit it is kinda stressful with Falco's lasers... Plus, Mewtwo just looks awesome and is the best pokemon EVER!

DDRKirby(ISQ)

Smash Ace
I was beating my friends too easily so I decided to switch from playing top tier fox to playing bottom tier m2. Granted, I still outplay them, BUT...

I'm not man enough to main m2 tho =X

quak

Smash Champion
Sorry Quak, I would consider going, but I'm leaving for home (Fresno, CA) that day. I am arriving early though, so maybe I'll see if my friend wants to drive there when I get back. Where is it going to be in NorCal?
it's a couple hours from you i think, but it'll totally be worth the drive, (it's in San Jose)

you live in fresno?

Airo

Smash Lord
we have a handful of mewtwo mains here.

and as one of them, ofcourse ive had successes.

mewtwo is particularly effective when playing opponenets like fox who has never played against mewtwo before. they simply do not know what to do. and you simply played too many foxes and know exactly what to do. its a major advantage especially obvious when playing in tournaments.

recent success.........

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
i play m2 every single MU i get.... Ask anyone in the midwest. I don't care about winning just reppin for me favorite bald katt. I have always liked m2!!! disable ftw lol besides it is a great way to make a name for yourself. "hey it's that kid who plays m2" or "omgzorz i cannot belive m2 could be that good"

Besides everyone knows that m2 looks the kewlest i can has shadowclaw 1 + 2??? <3 taj

dguy6789

Smash Lord
yo DGuy i was browsing through the video thread and i caught a glimpse of one of ur vids... a Capt. Falcon basically housed you but your tech skills look solid... honestly i think u could have taken him if u stayed on the ground more. baby shadowballs <3.
Angry Lobster is my crew mate. We go back and forth a lot. He had me that set though.

chaos ase

Smash Rookie
why mewtwo

well i choose mewtwo cause well pokemon characters are my trend, in SSB i used PKchu and in the begging of SSBM i used PKchu but then after unlocking mewtwo i quickly switched and he has become my character of choice, because thinking about it hes got a bit of every character in him in some kind of way... but honestly tiers dont matter and when i switched i didnt know i played a powerful mewtwo for a year or two then stopped playing for a year then i lost it.... i could no longer play the way i used to, cuz i used to be able to take on 3 lv 9s simo but i can hardly handle two w/ my current skill.

Top Bottom