• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Brinstar Should be Banned (or Jungle Japes should be added to to the stage list)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
That seems like it takes more time than you actually have before you reach the blast zone
you don't need to reach the blast zone at all. I'll break it down slowly

DK grabs opponent ANYWHERE on the stage. for this example assume is the right side of the main platform and that the opponent is above 50%

DK drops into the water with the opponent still on his back.

Dk hits the water and starts moving left.

the opponent is released slightly up but they cannot jump before they hit the water no matter who they are.

while they are being released into the air DK has already been moving left.

DK jumps and starts using dair.

by the time dair's hitbox is out the opponent is sliding under Dk's foot.

they cannot jump because you were in the water longer than they were.

you have now spiked them and they died

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
you don't need to reach the blast zone at all. I'll break it down slowly

DK grabs opponent ANYWHERE on the stage. for this example assume is the right side of the main platform and that the opponent is above 50%

DK drops into the water with the opponent still on his back.

Dk hits the water and starts moving left.

the opponent is released slightly up but they cannot jump before they hit the water no matter who they are.

while they are being released into the air DK has already been moving left.

DK jumps and starts using dair.

by the time dair's hitbox is out the opponent is sliding under Dk's foot.

they cannot jump because you were in the water longer than they were.

you have now spiked them
I have never seen anyone use this in tournament and win with it. So there are no videos of this recorded?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I've seen Ook do this, and I think he has done this to be before in the past.

It's pretty nasty, kinda forgot about it since it has been a long time since it has happened.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Wow. Click on Brinstar discussion, get almost two ENTIRE pages, mod posts included, on Japes. When BPC has the last relevant (not to mention reasonable) post in 2 pages, you know this thread has ran its course.

Unless Jebus can come up with some more fallacies to Phoenix Wright his way into "being correct", do us all a favor and lock it up.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
...Why are you the only person who talks sense into me and gets me to listen?

Ok guys I'm gonna lock this, make a thread on japes if you wish to discuss this. For Brinstar, lets try it again another time when new stuff comes up or discuss it in the legality thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom