• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why aren't there more posts about Bunfire grabbing?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Oh yeah, because no one else knows about it yet.
Are you ready for the technique that will revolutionize the Kirby metagame?
No, you aren't.
Not yet.
But soon.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
are you talking about the dash attack grab thing? real mindgames use hammers.
You could say that's what I'm talking about... but you'd be thinking of a grab with a small, hitboxless burst of flame. This involves the full dash attack hitbox, and a working grab, in one seamless move. GET HYPE.

I hate being trolled on the kirby boards.....
Do you hate it more or less than there being no new posts at all?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Do you mean the Dash attack off of a platform that cancels instantly into grab? It's kinda hard to be consistent in.
Whoa whoa whoa, that's actually been heard of before? I'm usually pretty knowledgeable on obscure glitchy things, and I'd never even seen it mentioned. Vids/posts about it please?

Also the execution of it is actually pretty simple and easy to do.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Daw, there's already a vid? And a thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=67757 ?
That sucks, I thought for sure this was totally new.

One new thing, though:
In the thread, everyone seems to think (BunBun and I did at first too) that you have to time A/Z on the edge of the platform to do this, making it really hard to do consistently. Actually, all you have to do is press A right as you reach the edge of the platform, then hold L, R, or Z to automatically go into a grab on landing.
Also, the distance Kirby can fall and still grab is ridiculous. We had to go to his target test to find a drop high enough.

BunBun

Smash Master
Ya, it's seriously easy to do, and **** useful.
Don't care if it existed. I'm bringing it back, and jack gave it a way shorter name.

Use this shiz, yo!

Zoler

Smash Ace
Whoa whoa whoa, that's actually been heard of before? I'm usually pretty knowledgeable on obscure glitchy things, and I'd never even seen it mentioned. Vids/posts about it please?

Also the execution of it is actually pretty simple and easy to do.
I've like never played kirby ever and I knew about that o.O maybe because everyone litterally everyone play kirby in sweden

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
WTF? could it be? something that may be able to move kirby's metagame(mindgame wise at least).

I geuss this is the first time something new has been found out about kirby that is useful since wtf the wavedash.

small minor detail is still something. I geuss bunbun knows what's up.

Triple R

Smash Lord
I don't know how anyone could find this useful though lol. I know if a space animal is spaced just right you can burn and then grab them at low percent lol.

BunBun

Smash Master
Loooooooooooool <3 PR

Alrighty people, get to work using this nifty tricksy. It's not a lot, but it's certainly enough to be helpful.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I found a place where I can get the dash attack to combo into the grab.
Training mode, vs Fox (make sure he's in slot 2), go to Kongo Jungle (the one with the rock), and then go to the top right platform and do it to the left.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Kirby is going places.

3rd from the bottom already? Time flies...
Wait we havent actually voted on Low Tiers yet...

I MEAN UMMM UMMM UMMM SOMETHING NOT FROM THE MBR!
I wish you could have sent my face if this info is as right as m2k about everything WTF i'm trying not to have a mental breakdown at the idea of that.

hey spaceballs try rainbow ride.

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
lulz when i first saw this trick i did once and couldnt do it again. awesome how its so easy. go team!
im having a tourny this saturday(in MA) so i will dedicate this tech to getting used and also im gonna try and get some vids up k bye

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Ok, so i started doing this last night and there's something i noticed.

When i had done the DA Canceled grab before I started the Dash Attack from a distance from the ledge, however the way you guys(and now I) do it it only works if the Dash Attack starts right as you hit the ledge. I have a video where I do it on FoD out of a Dash attack that goes all the way across a low platform but im too lazy to find it because i dont remember which vid it is lol.

BunBun

Smash Master
Ok, so i started doing this last night and there's something i noticed.

When i had done the DA Canceled grab before I started the Dash Attack from a distance from the ledge, however the way you guys(and now I) do it it only works if the Dash Attack starts right as you hit the ledge. I have a video where I do it on FoD out of a Dash attack that goes all the way across a low platform but im too lazy to find it because i dont remember which vid it is lol.
Look for it, because I am curious how it works. You may have like, started it on the opposite ledge O_o

Also, I used this a lot this weekend. It was ****.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
i dont get whats so good about fire grab lol...

im not very conistant with it. can someone do a quick runthrough on how to do it for me?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
1. Stand on platform
2. Run towards the end of said platform
3. At the last instant before you fall off, press A
4. You should do a dash attack and fall
5. Before you hit the ground, hold L, R, or Z
6. If you pressed A at the right time, you will go into a dashing grab straight out of the dash attack as you hit the ground
7. (Optional) Get mad at your opponent for not getting hit by it

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
no smash throw the flipper maybe it will land behind them and set up a grab and maybe if spaced perfectly kirby's pummel will hot the flipper and set it off and it will cause a kirby wobble.

dash attack is where all the metagame is

Top Bottom