• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are some falco's fearing wigi?

ADHD

Smash Hero
Can't yea just camp lazuuurs just like in melee? And stand grounded where his aerials aren't so bad?

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
I just played Meep's Luigi and got *****. I don't know if it's because Meep is a beast, or if it's Luigi in general, but I had a lot of trouble getting him out of my face. Luigi's nair can really inhibit Falco's flow, and since it chains into so many other things, I had issues getting my inertia back.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I just played Meep's Luigi and got *****. I don't know if it's because Meep is a beast, or if it's Luigi in general, but I had a lot of trouble getting him out of my face. Luigi's nair can really inhibit Falco's flow, and since it chains into so many other things, I had issues getting my inertia back.
Well, did you underestimate his aerials?

Enochuout

Smash Journeyman
Well, did you underestimate his aerials?
To say the least. But he was also the first competent Luigi I've played against. I don't yet have the qualifications to delve into the whole matchup, but I can definitely see why some people would say they're having trouble with him.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Wigi is indeed a hard match for us Falcos. The best thing that works for me is to match the wigi's aggression. Go after him and shield pressure when you have the chance, but when the wigi's on the move, SPAM THOSE LAZUURS!!! It works wonders on wigis, especially when they have high damage.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Luigi's Nair has awesome priority
It went completely through Bowsers Fire Breath for a good full second until the move completely ended (the Nair) and I think Fire has some pretty large priority. although if I'm wrong just ignore this post

but I've also heard Nair has good priority other places, so at least that part should be right.

Krnxmatt7

Smash Cadet
NNID
bigkongboss
I never really took the time to fight any Luigi mainers, but I saw Meep's Luigi and I was like, "Uh-oh -_-"

Yeah, back to training lol.

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
i personaly don't have a problem with luigis and i play a aggro falco, the only move that can do something is only nair everthing else i pwn. he can also jab cancel to is up-b which can really hurt. Sometimes i prefer to use the hit and run method because i know that a nair is gonna come out. to me he is gimpable even if they improve his recovery methods in brawl. finally nair ***** him and has enough knockback to avoid him from hitting you back.

Top Bottom