• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why are level 9 cpu's impossible to beat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Guys, guys, guys. The only reason you beat a lv9 cpu is that it let´s you win. If it plays seriously you will be screwed. But the lv 9 cpu has mercy with you and lets you win when it is in the mood to lose (it is boring always to win so why not give the opponent a chance).

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
If you exploit the programming of CPUs, then 4-stocking's a breeze. What's hard is to NOT abuse then CPU in a way that it can actually do some thing. IMO 2v2 w/ LVL 9 cpus are best cause LVL 9s can follow up your moves to an extent.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
ive noticed that after they lose one stock they sometimes change strategies. Luigi is by far the toughest level 9. I can beat them all pretty consistantly except Luigi, i dunno why but hes just really good lol
Agreed, I hate trying to fight him. I don't really have any trouble unless it's against him, and sometimes Peach.

Zeroxius

Smash Lord
I almost never play CPU's, I always play against people, unless I am trying out a move - such as practicing QAC - on level 1 or 2 CPUS.

That's why, when I try to fight a level 9, I can beat one at a time, but not more than one. I am not used to the AI and they way it fights.

jorgen aune

Smash Cadet
This topic has a funny side ;)
but i guess that if you play real players a lot you will find lvl 9 cpus harder.
i play cpus a lot and gets ***** the first match vs a real player. allways.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Ah, this takes me back, i remember when i won my first meta knight cpu, i was jigglypuff and i rest him all of his lives. but that was past, now, i dont even want to embarrass the cpus by doing that. well, my guess is, practice practice practice, if you cant beat level 9, go back and work your way up 2 it. trust me i did, and now im one of the best players in georgia, and i did it with a low tier jigglypuff.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
LVL 9's CPUs > Players (Us) :psycho:
Quoted for... truth?

LOL @ CPU LVL 9:

-Jablocks
-Ledge-techs
-Smash or Jab Edgeguards
-Falcon actually able to prop you up for a knee if failed DI.
-1 in 10,000 chance wavedash.*
-1 in 500 chance successful offstage gimp.*
-Dancing Blade tippers

and especially...

-The fact that these usually only happen if you don't just bait (wait for them to fail dashgrabs) and punish (Smash them afterwards).

Random numbers.

SlayerZaxy

Smash Cadet
Definitely the reason it is hard to fight CPU's is because they play the game frame by frame. They are terrible at making decisions, however, but they can power shield, aim Pits arrows perfectly every time, and spot dodge every move if they choose to. If the AI was set to maximum, (higher than lvl 9), then you would basically be fighting a TAS player.

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
.....why did you bump a topic who's last post was over 2 years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom