• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Scum don't know the grace of burgers or hot dogs, they don't honor this day.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Gotta say these Fourth of July posts make me really happy to be An American hosting an online mafia game on this glorious day

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Pythag is scum, and most likely not with Lore. It'd be pretty weird for Lore to single out Pythag twice for their silly hypothetical questions if they were both scum together. I don't like Pythag's responses to Lore's hypotheticals, especially the second time around. It comes off as pandering and trying to look open and honest. He has also had no intention to scum hunt this game. His #389 gives the impression that he has no desire to analyze anything in thread, completely misconstruing what Fan was doing.
Following up, his vote on FF makes zero sense, especially considering that he felt Spak was scummy after Gorf's post.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Dumb chillin bro, not sure where I wanna go yet. 2-3 people could go but they're not scum reads they're just people I don't wanna see past D1.

Marshy and FF putting my anywhere but 6,000% town is ****ed up dude, I've got 4-5 loyal lemondaes in my cooler and they're not getting a single one of them.
my boy kev layin out the SAUCE

#HBC | Gorf

A DISSERTATION ON WHY THE PUSHES ON ME ARE INCREDIBLY STUPID AND YOURE ALL BAD FOR ANYONE VOTING ME:

IMAGINE ME. I COME INTO THE THREAD AND SEE SOMETHING SPAK DID THAT CATCHES MY EYE. I POST ABOUT IT BECAUSE ITS LIKE HEY, I WANNA TALK ABOUT THIS. I SCROLL UP AND SEE MARSHY TALK ABOUT HOW ****POST-Y THE GAME IS AND THINK 'OH, SO I CAN MAKE A FUNNY JOKE ABOUT VOTING RYKER THEN? THAT WILL GET ME LIKES AND PEOPLE WILL THINK ITS FUNNY.' I VOTE RYKER AS A JOKE, A FARCE, A ****ING HOOPSYWOOPSY IDK WHAT TO CALL IT. I NOTICE THAT I MAYBE SHOULD'VE CHECKED THE VOTECOUNT AND SCROLL BACK TO SEE RYKER ACCUMULATED A GOOD AMOUNT OF VOTES BUT NOT ENOUGH TO ACTUALLY LYNCH HIM SO I CONTINUE MY JOKE AND SAY 'OH LOL I HOPE I DIDNT ACTUALLY HAMMER HIM'. I FEEL I'M NOT COMFORTABLE HAVING RYKER SIT AT L-1 SO I ALSO SAY 'I WANNA BE THE ONE TO SLAM DUNK HIM'. THESE ARE ALL TIMELY AND PERFECTLY REASONABLE JOKES THAT I SLOTTED IN BECAUSE THEY WERE APPROPRIATE FOR THE SITUATION.

WE ARE NOW 11 PAGES IN AND I HAVE ACCULUMATED 4 VOTES AND PEOPLE DISSECTING A PLAY THAT WASN'T EVEN INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT. PLEASE THINK ABOUT THE FACT YOU ARE TRYING TO LYNCH SOMEONE FOR SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED IN RVS. SERIOUSLY THINK ABOUT IT.

thank you
dude ive stared at this post and literally laughed for probably like 5 mins. still laughing. quality **** right here

#HBC | Gorf

response by ~pg 12 around post #450:

honestly ive felt like soup has been pretty null lean town leading up to the claim. like dudes been mad preoccupied with gay **** and i can see my guy getting frustrated as town despite the fact that its really annoying and he could just, like, play the game. when he has, ive pretty much felt solid about it, but the sheer rere/quality ratio was too skewed to the former for me to feel too comfortable with it. but of course that can just be from the sheer density of his postcount. from the little back and forth weve had, i still see an ultimately null lean town read.

hilarious bold post and claim happens and now im my current impression is that i think its weird how confidently unwilling he is not to play the game. like, its not hard to fake reads as scum, but at the same time, its not hard to fake scumhunting (shoutouts to my boy ff that was a flex about how beast i am as scum but im town i promise making reads is hard i swear feel bad for me cuz im town (yes im grime but im sauced give me a pass)). his arrogance at this point honestly concerns me, only because with how the game is set up, gambling a pr is easy. we have a list of pr's and up to like 4 townies can have any list of them. that means theres wiggle room. that means any pr claim isnt just ****ing safe. i wanna see, if soup is active in the thread from this point on (and iirc, he is by at least pg 14?) how he plays upon the reaction. but to someone who hasnt really been scumreading soup all that much, its interesting to note.

#HBC | Gorf

The only argument I see for Spak honestly is if you believe Spak has the capability to fake tone in the way he has. If I'm leaning on tone for my reads it's because that's what I do, and I think most of them are pretty ****ing good. Spak is not a player who would concede to someone like that if he were scum, he would back up his thoughts and try to sell his own disposition, but instead he's shown interest otherwise. When I said I was indecisive to you Fanny, it was that reason alone. I backed on my Spak read earlier on because I just felt like there's no way Spak's capability to fake that is possible, and that's not an insult to Spak rather he would be far more mechanical in his assumptions if he were scum.

Spak had every opportunity to bury Lore there for coming at him the way he did and he merely conceded when he did nothing wrong. I don't see Scum just deciding that wasn't a good opportunity. I thought at first perhaps that meant Lore was suspect so I tried to push where Spak dropped it but now I'm feeling like maybe this is what scum wants. I talked about this before about the dangerous precedent, and now you see why I was talking about it.

Jeez.
is this all coming from the early interaction with lore? do you not feel like itd be safer for scum!spak to backpedal when pushed for what he was saying at the time? also do me a solid and point out the flaws in my initial spak = doop for me since you seem to disagree. for context, last game marshys opening post was a post talking about claiming or some ****, some **** that was just objective game advice so the game doesnt get **** on for no reason. maven (town) said "this feels forced" and doop came afterwards and gave an over explained explanation for sheeping maven and dropped the vote. he later did next to nothing about it because, well, he was sort of inactive (not that bad but not that good) but still moved away from it. maven was town and doop was scum. replace tom with maven and spak with doop and that is the comparison im making there

also earlier you said that you liked spaks pythag direction. do me a solid and quote the stuff that orangehtml has said about pythag (its no more than 2 posts so it shouldnt be much) and lay out what it is about it that you like from him. i dont need an essay, just wanna see where it is that you come to that conclusion from oranges posts

#HBC | Gorf

Unvote

I am fine with continuing the Soup lynch for a plethora of reasons, but I don't want this wagon anywhere close to hammer time until we hear from everyone on the wagon why they are OK with risking a PR lynch.

I personally believe that his inconsistency in his defense ("I didn't realize vote count" to "saying I didn't know post count was part of the joke" then back to saying it was just a mistake), his blow up, and his lack of scum hunting make him feel like scum going for damage control to me.

I'd like to hear similar confirmations from every wagon person that they are OK with the risk before I hop back on. This is not a lynch where lazily just keeping the vote on is OK.
but then lore just say things that are like "oh my gorf is town REALLY saying this?" and then "oh my gorf is scum REALLY saying this about their scummate?" and then i go back to town being ****ing hard to play (shoutouts to ya boi ff haha GRIMESTAR BACK *****)

#HBC | Gorf

This claim and subsequent posts has made me want to lynch Soup MORE, not less.
ryker i am literally in love with you and i hope you visit me (i live in jax fl and know you didnt know that at that point so no h8) soon so we can express undying love for eachother face to face one of these days

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm back, just had a burger and two more hot-dogs. Gorf, talk to me.

#HBC | Gorf

that is me saying you have earned my respect enough to talk to me about whatever it is that youd like, but that i have nothing really to say to you atm. im probably here for a fat minute too so gimme your best shot homie

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So here's my thought. I think our best town winning play is lynching Soup. I think he's scum and he is desperate. I also think Lore is scum with him, due to Lore's grimy vote on Soup, which makes much more sense now. He had some sudden reversal and it didn't really make sense until now. Then the third scum... as no surprise... is Spak. Yet I'm more confident Soup > Lore flip scum, and then after we can get Spak. Yes, I think all scum have been wagoned.

#HBC | Gorf

jkjk

i dont wanna live in a world where soup+lore+spak are scum so imma just pretend you didnt say that part. i think spak+lore could make sense, but i seriously doubt soup is in that mix. idk, something about the elongated bout between them makes me think its too much back and forth between two scummates. still torn about soup not being scum and just being in this manic state with the claim, or being scum and having this stronghold. id generally prefer if we just lynch him toMorrow if anything because at least well get info from his lynch toMorrow if he keeps being a rere (role will be revealed upon DEATH). but im totally bout lynching between lore/spak. generally more leaning toward spak cuz my read on him has more context but im totally down with either.

i can see a world where all of them are scum together, but its a stretch. im more inclined to seriously doubt that hes aligned with lore, but i can see him more reasonably with scum!spak tho

#HBC | Gorf

I dont get how you guys can call out a whole scum team d1
it comes from a time when the legendary th3kuzinator was able to ravage an entire scumteam within the first dozen or so pages with his impeccable reads. legend has it that all town had to do was sheep his reads upon his N1 flip, or if scum kept him alive, for the rest of the game, and it would be a guaranteed win. the retirement of him left towns everywhere uncertain of their fate. but a select few (like ran and myself) are relics left to tell the story of his meteoric rise as one of the best mafia players to ever play the forum platform, along with the likes of the legendary ee and the man from delamar

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
ryker i am literally in love with you and i hope you visit me (i live in jax fl and know you didnt know that at that point so no h8) soon so we can express undying love for eachother face to face one of these days
I probably would've done this by now if you weren't like 15 when we hung out all the time.

I'm in Mobile like 15 minutes from the border.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Okay, so, nothing has changed since I was last in the thread. FF where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?

#HBC | Gorf

tru fax, i was in miami until i was 21 living with parents anyway so itd be weird/impossible anyway. im my own ****in man now so theres no excuse but im a broke ass grad student ***** so going all the way to alabama would be tough... although planning a trip out of it might be dope to see some ****. you might be hearing from me one of these days homie

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Come up here to philly bros, also kuz was a legend

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Sure. I'm down to hang out at some point. I don't mind driving for a weekend sometime, but we'll talk about that not in this thread.

#HBC | Gorf

kuz has been the only mofo ive met irl. he came through to miami and bought things inappropriate for me to discuss on smash world forums from me and it was hilarious. ****ing love that dude

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I used to live in St. Cloud, Florida.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
keep me in mind if yall ever find yourself near philly or nyc. im like 30 mins from ran

#HBC | Gorf

Soup could be scum but I feel theres plenty of time to come to a different consensus and allow for a potential Oracle n1 assuming no roleblock

Ryker has responded with input

What say the rest
real talk lynching him d2 and him flipping town oracle with no result tells us a lot because itd be scum rb rbing him (they kinda have to) so even then lynching him d2 is p good no matter what

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I've been lurking and I have no intent to merely give up, nor did I before my claim. I'll hash out some huge post about my thoughts tomorrow, and if I don't then lynch me.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
real talk lynching him d2 and him flipping town oracle with no result tells us a lot because itd be scum rb rbing him (they kinda have to) so even then lynching him d2 is p good no matter what
I mean this is a good call if you believe him. I'm not sure I do.

I guess even if I don't believe him, we don't lose anything by him staying another day? Maybe? Not sure. The worst case scenario is if he's a mafia PR and gets something off, and that's risky, but I don't know.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Uhhhhh, how?

It tells us if they have a roleblocker should they decide to use it on him. Other than that, it's hypothetical D3 oracle check (as opposed to a hypothetical rolecop or roleblock) and a D1 lynch without the flip vs no night action and D2 knowing a major connecting piece.

#HBC | Gorf

if theres no rb and we lynch him d2 we get a result. if there and rb and we lynch him d2 we learn there IS an rb and we can consider that with scum interactions before the claim or whatever before the result idk. if hes not town orcale... well hell hes scum and swag. either way i feel like lynching him toDay may not be the best from an objective standpoint but theres still leeway depending on how things turn out. we aint there yet so luckily i dont have to make that call yet.

ryker if they have an rb and soups oracle theyre GONNA use it on him. why doesnt scum use it on him? and if hes lynched town oracle with no result, it tells us scum has rb. which is a lot. if scum has killing joat, he just dies or is untracked, which kinda sucks but idk at least its him thats killed instead of someone strong? all in all abstaining from a soup lynch toDay just seems like the best course of action from an objective standpoint. if ive misunderstood you feel free to elaborate cuz i dont see what the confusion is here.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
man. i see frozen viewing. got my popcorn

every newcomers reaction to soups blowup has just been better n better

#HBC | Gorf

meh i dont really give a **** about that. i dont even have a firm enough read of if hes scum yet, im just tryna be objective about how to handle his slot atm. point is i think looking elsewhere D1 is prob in our best interest

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
ryker if they have an rb and soups oracle theyre GONNA use it on him. why doesnt scum use it on him? and if hes lynched town oracle with no result, it tells us scum has rb. which is a lot. if scum has killing joat, he just dies or is untracked, which kinda sucks but idk at least its him thats killed instead of someone strong? all in all abstaining from a soup lynch toDay just seems like the best course of action from an objective standpoint. if ive misunderstood you feel free to elaborate cuz i dont see what the confusion is here.
I will not talk about the reasoning why RB wouldn't target him because I'm not giving ideas, but suffice it to say I see a case where they would elect not to.

But every comment you made about a result as oracle I can make for a result as Rolecop. Like, we could end up with a clear as town or they could find the doc as scum.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary, do you think Soup might be scum with Spak? I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but I do notice that he hasn't finished talking to me or Gorf but cared more to reply to Tom (which comes off as as him blowing things out of proportion). I thought by this point in time he'd have a direction or at least a firmer stance on Spak but he's tiptoeing around him.
Off the top of my head it absolutely makes sense. For example, Spak's reason for townreading soup is very weak.

Pythag is scum, and most likely not with Lore. It'd be pretty weird for Lore to single out Pythag twice for their silly hypothetical questions if they were both scum together. I don't like Pythag's responses to Lore's hypotheticals, especially the second time around. It comes off as pandering and trying to look open and honest. He has also had no intention to scum hunt this game. His #389 gives the impression that he has no desire to analyze anything in thread, completely misconstruing what Fan was doing.
Also this is really weird, three pages of discussing soup and his antics and yet Spak/Jexs is only talking about Pythag.

Top Bottom