• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Lore seems not interested in interacting with me anymore so I won't give him any quarter. Marshy needs to explain himself as well but F5'ing this thread hoping for miracles isn't a productive way of time.

Vote: Lore

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't know why I got ignored about oracle options, it's a means of fact-checking a few of you and helps me understand where your priorities lie. I think someone mentioned about a consensus but like..I'm fine with either at this rate. If nobody gives me a solid response I'm probably submitting in my nulls.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Like dawg, I slightly bring up the possibility of you not being the play today and it being Lore, and then you IMMEDIATELY vote the slot, despite you townreading it.

That's textbook self ****ing preservation right there.

I am now ok with your slot dying today.

#HBC | ѕoup

Like dawg, I slightly bring up the possibility of you not being the play today and it being Lore, and then you IMMEDIATELY vote the slot, despite you townreading it.

Oh my god, **** off. Imagine if you were a town PR and you have people yelling at you and NOT listening to you. I don't know why the **** you're townread when all you do is posture yourself any chance you get.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am starting to doubt that Soup may be scum. I am less confident in Orange and Lore, but choose Orange.

Unvote; Vote: Orange

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Follow up, is ate always considered scummy?
Or is it just more basing this on the meta of soup?
i dont think ate is universally scummy. im saying that due to soup having a history of ate (as both alignments) that its bad to townread him for it. hes capable of using it to make ppl doubt themselves

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I think we should lynch Orange and then regardless of what flip we get lynch soup tomorrow. Oracle soup should check Lore.

All these slots need to get sorted at some point anyways. On balance I think it's paranoid to believe they're all town.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Lore seems not interested in interacting with me anymore so I won't give him any quarter. Marshy needs to explain himself as well but F5'ing this thread hoping for miracles isn't a productive way of time.

At a pinball arcade atm lol, hence the lack of interaction.

Kary brought up a good point about lynching Orange and using the potential Oracle result (which I still don't believe exists) to check me out. We clear out three slots at once and get to move the **** on.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
i dont think ate is universally scummy. im saying that due to soup having a history of ate (as both alignments) that its bad to townread him for it. hes capable of using it to make ppl doubt themselves
This is frustrating because I don’t have the history with soup, and I would fundamentally play AtE different, but that’s wifomy.

Marshy are you voting soup or lore?
Lore has more unfortunate posts, Soup has more tantrums.

I would reread but I’m STILL on freaking mobile, and I’m in a car

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pythag what are your reads in general, curious.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I think we could get the votes for Soup today, would just need Ryker and Ranmaru to switch over, but I feel like that's a result many people wouldn't like, and is fundamentally letting scum dodge a bullet if soup does happen to be legit. yes they could have a roleblocker for him but that requires them to at least commit some resources towards him. I can see letting him live to tomorrow at least, although this does kind of mess up our momentum.

The Orange slot I really don't like in general. I feel like they've fumbled almost everything they have done this game and it kind of makes me feel like it is the first time Spak has ever been mafia and he has no idea what to be doing. The one thing that gives me pause is that I think it's strange of them to avoid (and by avoid I mean not join or push) the lore/soup waggons if they are scum... but in general Orange is a slot that absolutely deserves to get lynched and so I would be happy to vote them if I didn't have certain other people volunteering themselves instead.

If both Spak and soup are town, frankly, I'm mad, because I don't think that gives me any good leads whatsoever and puts us at poor odds to win this game. For example, I don't think Gorf is bussing Spak, but if Spak is town, I really have no clue on Gorf. His play has essentially just been textbook to me, it's very argument-focused and it's hard for me to actually get a read off of that. I could see him being scum and just positioning himself well.

I don't think Lore is scum, I think he's just a liability. I'm prepared to be wrong on this but I'm just not really sold on it yet. I would love to hear more argument about this because I feel like a lot of people have him in their 'can go' pile but without anything particularly damning.

In fact frankly its a bit weird that after the soup v lore argument, people generally liked soup more, then after soup claimed... seems like there ought to be more of a backlash onto Lore that hasn't really happened?

As I'm typing this and thinking about it, I feel like what we ought to do is disassemble the soup waggon entirely for today and go from there. This current situation doesn't tell us anything. Of course, if Lore is town, again it's going to be tough, but we at least need to stir the pot some at this point.

The other option, is that a few people could turn a corner and start showing their towniness in order that we could build a sufficiently large town circle. Right now I still have a lot of questions on certain slots that aren't easily resolved.

Anyways, Unvote
We definitely could, and had this conversation been happening 24 hours ago, I would be pushing it. However, the conversation involving Lore and Orange gets worse and worse with every interaction.

That strange backpedaling on Soup Lore preformed when public opinion on how to deal with an Oracle came up only to stay on the wagon is strange as **** to me.

Marshy's suggestion to ask a potential Vig to cap him is a good one, I think. Unless something changes in the game state, I think I'm going to miraculously not be voting Soup at the end of this phase.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
works making it look like im gonna be slammed until either just before deadline or past deadline. i seriously think going orange is the way to go but id be down to put my vote to lore if it means lore or soup with no hope for an orange lynch. ill be periodically able to check in so ping me if it gets to that point.

spaks reasoning for not thinking soup or lore are scummy is also so ****ing asinine. phoned. in. as. ****. there has been miniscule incentive to push in any other direction, and there has been enough intrigue with pythags slot since they voted him to be able to do that. but ****ing nothing. the occasional comment until we have to ****ing berate them to say something about it. and then look at their breakdown of his posts, and compare them to mine. and when they came in yesterday to talk about their pythag read the first time, it was so generalized and bland instead of putting in the effort to make any sort of campaign for a wagon that, at that point, would be tough to push for. why does a townie not do that if they have a strong feeling of scum on a player with no wagon and a strong feeling of not scum on the two players who ARE being wagoned? and when i challenge their read on pythag, they play victim and say theyre just not gonna respond to me cuz i wont listen or whatever. because im the only one who should hear their pythag stance out, right?

****ing. lynch. orange.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
If some of you guys don't really want Soup to be the play Today, then it should be Lore me thinks, the other option is Spak, which is a slot I've admittedly been neglecting due to the Lore/Soup wagons.
I made a long series about every notable contribution they've made. You can scroll back to that or you can ISO them yourself by searching for posts by Spak, OrangeXHTML. There are not many posts.

#HBC | Gorf

kary

how would you feel about oranges wagon if he flipped town?

question to anyone: does spak normally tunnel as town? is his big post last page in his wheelhouse?
spak isnt tunneling. at the time they voted pythag they went more in on ****ing kary and defending soup/lore through that page. then they came in and made one post about it. then they came in and barely made and substantial effort to expound on it past their oRiGiNaL rEaSoN. ONLY THEN did spak make that one big post, after town had to ****ing pry it out of him. thats phoning it in. tunneling implies going ham in some sort of way

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag what are your reads in general, curious.
Scum reads : Orange, and flamingo
Orange is scummiest
I’m still gut reading flamingos as scum, but I don’t a real case developed on him. He could very easily not be scum.

I’m in the process of re-thinking Lore/soup.
Because we learn a lot from those flips. Having read them as tvt I’m walking through what it would take for me to vote on one of them.

Towm is Tom, Kary, Ryker.
I’m at least reading them as such.

I’m sitting null on a lot of people unfortunately.
I think many things depend on flips at this point.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

I mean. I agree with you that it was straight self-preservation and I've been on his ass about that being his only motive.

However, with hours left in the day, if you're gonna get lynched otherwise, you vote the leading wagon.

#HBC | Gorf

If some of you guys don't really want Soup to be the play Today, then it should be Lore me thinks, the other option is Spak, which is a slot I've admittedly been neglecting due to the Lore/Soup wagons.
if you have the time i implore you to make a spak read and at least have a firm stance on it before eod. and when you realize he’s mad scummy there’s a place on the wagon for you buddy :)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Honestly I dont know the vote count but I'm pretty happy with this

Vote: orange

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Votecount

Soup (5): Kary, Kevin, Fandangox, marshy, lore
Lore (2): Tom, Ryker
OrangeXHTML (4): Gorf, Frozen Flame, Pythag. ranmaru
Pythag(2): OrangeXHTML, Soup

Not Voting(0):

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in 13 hours and 44 minutes from this post.
Anyways, Unvote
Vote: Soup
Unvote; Vote: Orange
Vote: orange
Therefore, votecount stands as follows:

Soup (4): Kevin, Fandangox, marshy, Lore
Lore (2): Ryker, soup
OrangeXHTML (5): Gorf, Frozen Flame, Pythag, Ranmaru, Tom
Pythag(1): OrangeXHTML,

Not Voting(1): Kary,

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in 3 hours and 41 minutes

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If someone wants to kick the Lore wagon into high gear I'd love to watch that development

Apologies to Marshy that I'm not dropping a fat case on someone the way he seems to expect by the way he answered my question request

I'm cool with either one especially if it means people stop threatening to lynch the Oracle claim

But this one has more steam

Top Bottom