• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Mafia Is it Anyway - Game Over!

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tell me more about his play before that. Why do you think he had an outburst? Think about that.
I think he had an outburst because he's oversensitive to people disagreeing with him/putting pressure on him and he decided to make a **** play against his own interest and the towns prematurely

yeah obviously being sensitive to pressure and doing the same thing and giving your scummates the finger is plausible to but that's the problem, I can think of many different answers to the question "why did soup go full ******?"

That's why I'm focusing more on the how. And the how legit gives me scatterbrained, aimless vibes. And that trends more town than scum for me. Not at all saying I'm definitively right, soup could absolutely be playing the **** out of me with advanced AtE. I just dont feel like thats whats happening, I cant find any hint of calculation in his approach

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I'm not gonna like it but I will show some humility and look into Spak more and try to not get confirmation bias'd to death about this stupid thing I've been stuck for like 5 pages now. Sorry.

#HBC | ѕoup

Actually, I wanna look into more than Spak, also wanna hit some other instances a bit harder.

#HBC | ѕoup

OrangeXhtml OrangeXhtml Before I dig you should tell me your thoughts on the wagon against you, main pushers etc. when you get the chance. Are you still ok with Lore? Feels like youre stuck in catch-up mode a bit.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
id say i have a light noobtown read on pythag, but i wanna press him for sure toMorrow. in short, pythags play has been very lowkey, and not super willing to make hard plays. but i see the threads of his scumhunting, and his reaching out to ask questions, and i can follow most of where his head is at. his development and rationales behind his spak, lore, and soup reads make sense to me, and he does try to interact with players early on in his soup suspicion, and stops pressing the issue too much when he finally decides to default on it when he notices that hes not acting out of character, necessarily. id rather see lore or orange dead before him. his play is consistent, but hes not tryna pander the thread like orange is tryna say. thats ****ing bull****
Reading your quote wall I am further perturbed by Orange's vendetta.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That's why I'm focusing more on the how. And the how legit gives me scatterbrained, aimless vibes. And that trends more town than scum for me. Not at all saying I'm definitively right, soup could absolutely be playing the **** out of me with advanced AtE. I just dont feel like thats whats happening, I cant find any hint of calculation in his approach
Just seems more pre-mature (he had four votes I think). He really disagrees with me and Gorf on Spak but couldn't continue speaking to us, but does focus on Kary and Tom, and this was a consistent pattern of play. He's not giving reasoning on this, nor quotes. He's repeated this stance. He has blown up due to little details he could not explain as scum. Therefore, it's important we look at the root cause of his blow up, and determine if it was a plausible reaction as town to have:

When you say "my votecount mistake" do you mean you really intended to hammer Ryker?

I'm around guys but my reads haven't changed much.

I dont agree with FF and Pythag about Gorf's comment about being town. I think its null and I dont like that they think its scummy. I also know/remember that Ranmaru said he was going to post way less after getting railed for posting so much last game and so I dont like FFs assessment of Ran either.

I still think soup is a good direction for today and this is why:

1. he has no direction and isn't scumhunting. maybe you like his interaction with lore; but that was a reaction on soups part.

2. this post by soup made me think the following: he already knows the people voting for him are town.
he's frustrated about catching heat early in the game but he doesn't see it as an opportunity to get reads on the people voting for him.

soup's play so far is completely consistent with scum playing damage control.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
thats what im ****ing saying bro. whodve thought that idiot who admitted to getting caught toasting walrus 8 years ago would turn out to be such a ****ing dank mafia player, thats ya boi for ya

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm a spoiled little baby ***** from off-site. Someone please give me an ISO function.

#HBC | Gorf

on the search bar you can filter "this thread" and search the name of the player but that format is incredibly gross

ive defaulted to going page by page command + fing the joined date of the person im reading up on so i only get their posts instead of like searching "soup" and getting 457 results per page

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You can also put everyone but the person you are looking at on ignore and you'll only see their posts.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Did soup explain why his reads changed yet? This shouldn't be a difficult question to answer and it goes a long way towards showing whether or not his thought process is genuine.

In terms You/Kary? Kary is stubborn regardless of alignment so it's pretty much a non-tell and while marshy/Kary aren't similar people they both play in the same ballpark with their votes, leading onto people who will squirm and then deciding if they're gonna move it depending on what reactions they get. When it comes to you, that is definitely not your style and I expect you to be more willing to talk things out with me. It seems that you've adopted of reading the room and then announcing things impromptu, but I dunno if I agree with FF if that's scummy from you or not.
Yeah, this is where I'm a bit more choosy about who I want gone. I think Spak's vote on Pythag is fine but hearing people telling me that perhaps it was wrong of me to dismiss Spak so easily has got me indecisive. I don't think scum are playing to bus anytime soon and as the thread continues to develop I refer back to what I said earlier about them playing with their food. Let the record state that I still do not like Lore, but I digress. I don't think scum has any reason to differentiate from the norm right now between us, which is why I feel like..gut-level good about people giving **** to Spak despite not fully agreeing. There's people like marshy/Ryker who need to update their opinions for example.

#HBC | ѕoup

You can also put everyone but the person you are looking at on ignore and you'll only see their posts.
I wish I could see this post Ran but ever since you showed me how this function works I have no idea what you're saying!

#HBC | ѕoup

Did soup explain why his reads changed yet? This shouldn't be a difficult question to answer and it goes a long way towards showing whether or not his thought process is genuine.
I'm stubborn too just like you and I was frustrated/thinking off the brain about a scenario where scum were on me. You happened to be one because I thought you were acting too smug for your own good. I'm still not OK with you, I just figure I'm gonna have to play nice for the time being.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm stubborn too just like you and I was frustrated/thinking off the brain about a scenario where scum were on me. You happened to be one because I thought you were acting too smug for your own good. I'm still not OK with you, I just figure I'm gonna have to play nice for the time being.
So since when was I acting too smug? You said I was 'just being myself' (i.e. null) several times.

Also you didn't mention when the turbo Spak townread happened.

#HBC | ѕoup

So since when was I acting too smug? You said I was 'just being myself' (i.e. null) several times.

Also you didn't mention when the turbo Spak townread happened.
When I made my quotewall and my reads on you and why it changed in the first place. Turbo spak townread? Clarify.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Anyone getting weird vibes about how Spak seems to process his dialogue in ways that makes sure nothing can stick to him? This is the same thing I was trying to allude to in my last post and it just seems to be getting worse. I understand if you're a player who feels the need to articulate but if Werekill is weird for sticking his neck out in the exchange of Pythag, Spak is even weirder. His discussion with Lore feels far more processed,, like he's going through a mental checklist of how a town would respond
So why did these vibes subside for you, Soup? That's what I am curious about.

#HBC | ѕoup

How do you feel about his #113 in regards to him essentially backing down and admitting he was probably reaching and essentially saying he was bored/wanted to get out of RVS as well
I stated how I felt in #115, but I'm still chewing on it. The boredom is a reasonable excuse, albeit a bit of an easy one. I don't think it applies to his initial posts about the role fishing etc.
I know it sounds uncanny but I'm pretty sure you both had the same purpose in the way you were approaching each other, because you yourself also said your intent was to get out of RVS. I was hoping Spak would buckle but instead he sorta left a bit gracefully imo

Literally right in front of you. I talked about it with Lore very early on. It played into why I'm reading now the way I was, he seeemed very genuine in his exit there.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kuz was my buddy, we had a hilarious time.

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Lore is giving me heavy JeXs vibes from last game, trying everything possible to not offend or come off combative and deflect pressure on him with passivity. A lot of people seem to be chalking this up to just being lore's playstyle but my gut doesnt like it
And JeXs was town. Not necessarily the most solid of arguments there lol.
can you break down why you dont buy pythags breakdown of how he transitioned to seeing spak v lore differently (321)?

also him being fine with yours and lore interactions at the time, along with how he felt uninterested in scumreading soup or lore based off of their back and forth =/= "floating with the threads opinion." me comparing you to doop was the first time anyone ever did that in thread, and aside from kevinm approving of my dank analysis, pythag was the very next person to express approval or agreement to that, only seven posts later. he either predicted that everyone would agree with how incredibly dank my input was or he just genuinely agreed and didnt give as much credence to it at the time (which he even acknowledged, bringing up his early tvt vibe (which even at the time seemed like it was just a gut thing he didnt care about going to deep into)). from what ive read hes also generally been hesitant to stick his head out much. so yea i gotta say i dont get where youre coming from when you say hes just "floating along with the thread opinion."
OK, I'll go through and break down Pythag's contributions up to the post I'm quoting:
[collapse="Pythag's Toybox"]
[/collapse]
vote : Ryker

I ain’t afraid of no votes
Whoa! Got ninja’d! Hey Ryker we got a sweet wagon going on here! Wanna hop on?
Standard RVS fare, not too much to note from this.
I mean, 15 minutes? I don’t think I would do either in that situation.

How big is the wagon?
I'm fine with this response; he goes along with the (kinda silly) hypothetical, asking for clarification to give a good answer. Lore and I ended up derailing this line of conversation, so next time he posts is:
Lore Lore

Lol, I don't know if you need to cook up the elaborate hypothetical situation, do you think it adds more? Or would it be better to just have
"who would you kill"
"who would you save"

Kill : Tom or Soup

(though I REALLY cracked up at the "I'm aligned with town" conclusion tom gave us)

Save : Marsh or Spak

Marry : Enlightened Gorf
In response to Lore's ping in #120.
victim? It's more, sorry I find you kinda scummy
Lore Lore I have no wiggle room?

These questions are more or less "what are your scum reads, and what are you town reads" do you agree or disagree with that?

Tom - I think how he reacted to you was leading, more leading than the questions you asked me

Soup - The vote on Ryker and subsequent unvote made me uncomfortable. He's ok with an accidental hammer, but not setting up ryker to be hammer by someone else? seems like backpeddling.

Marsh asks good pointed questions, I would want to prevent him from dying.

Spak is active reading a lot. I disagree with his initial read on you, but it strikes me like town
He didn't really elaborate on his reads until prompted and his read on Tom is super iffy, but hey, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. It could be that he just likes playing his cards closer to his chest.
What are some of the more interesting things?
Ah. It seemed like you noticed something you weren't bringing up.
How does the game progress organically? What does that look like / mean to you?
Asking some good questions, contributing a little bit, but never really following up with anything of significance. We'll see throughout that Pythag tends to sorta just fly under the radar in most cases.
I guess I see it different. Lore V Spak looked like it was resolved at least kinda between the two of them. Struck me as two earnest people, so I guess I didn't see there being much to discuss there.

Lore asking questions though, I mean, I see that as generating conversation. I guess I see it as it happening quicker, but not...inorganic? idk. Or is this conversation more about meta and RVS rather than scum hunting. I guess I see more conversation about different topics or more concrete things can create more situations for scum to slip/

Tom Tom

Okok

confirmed.

Lore Lore I don't necessarily care one way or the other if you can see me or not. Personally I'm with Tom in that I wouldn't use it as a tell? I guess? usually it means either I left the webpage up at work, or I'm on mobile. I don't like phoneposting if I don't have to. (though if asked a question while I'm on mobile I might answer to say that that's my situation)
Here, Pythag's defending his earlier opinion of Lore and my interaction, stating that he thought it was "two earnest people." This was pre-Lore v. Soup, and nobody had really given me or Lore too much heat over the whole exchange yet.
@Fandangox Where you at?

What do you think about Soup?
Again, he asks a question and doesn't do anything to follow up on it. He just sorta asks the question, leaves for a page, then completely ignores the answer. Kinda feels like he's asking questions to generate content rather than hunt scum at this point.
Really don't like this post or vote. For some reason it would've been more acceptable to if you had just stated "Lore v Soup? Wonder how I'm gonna vote." and then vote soup.

I also don't like this.

I know what I said earlier about Lore v Spak, seemed TvT. However, I also recall reading early Spak interactions and thinking it reminded me of doop (with some of doops first posts being negative). I might could find myself voting for Spak.

unvote, Vote: FrozenFlame for now
This post feels odd... He's saying that he really doesn't like Lore or Fanny's votes, then said that he agreed with Gorf's post (even saying that he remembered thinking that my interactions felt like Doop, but apparently it wasn't scummy until someone else brought it up?) and finally votes for none of the three people who he was talking about. He just sorta votes FF to avoid stepping on anyone's toes, and putting a vote on an inactive after having so many supposed leads looks SUPER sketch imo. He explains it down here:
I don't totally understand what you mean. If it's an explanation I think it actually looks worse, because of the timing? Maybe I'm reading that wrong.

Re: My FF vote
While people have posted things I don't like, FF has a total of 1 post. Right now I think I don't like that even more.
But again, that feels more like trying to get rid of a slot rather than trying to find scum. It was way too early in the phase at that point to be wagoning an inactive, and if Pythag would've put their vote down on any of the other three slots, he might've been able to apply some pressure and try to make headway.
I do understand what you mean now. Thanks for clarifying
Not a super important post, but I don't wanna give an inaccurate representation so I'm quoting everything he's said lol.
On mobile :

Well, it was mainly that as I was reading I was like “man, does every game start with mafia being negative?”

Doors first post was being negative towards Marshy

Marshy later called JTB scum because of everything JtB said was negative, and that’s Indicative of scum.

Still chewing on that as being a scum tell or not.
But I did see / feel similarities in Spak’s play.

Just like the direction Gord’s At. I’ll try to write more in a bit
I can see his thought process here, but it isn't a good one. I honestly don't think that negativity is a scum tell, but I've seen it as more of a defensive tell (which I went into fairly immediately at the start of the game lol). With that said, I don't see how he could've initially read the interaction as a gut town, then later on change it to a gut scum based off of information that he was already supposedly thinking about at the time. Feels a lot like packpedaling to me, but nobody's called him out on it because he just blended in.
I get both of y'alls frustration, but this is what it looks like to me :

10Lore : I found this scummy
20Soup : It was a joke
30Lore : You can't prove that
40Soup : You can't prove that
Goto 30

I'm not familiar with how you play, but Gorf and Ryker's post make it seem like Lore and you are pretty much behaving as normal. I would say that Lore's play looks similar. I'm kind of put in a position to have to trust other members of the HBC with regard to you, and no one else seems to be alarmed. Either they're all scum or this is par for the course.

Not being familiar with your sense of humour, I can see where Lore is coming from. There's an aspect about your vote on Ryker that isn't adding up, even as a joke, but I'm not necessarily wanting to beat a dead horse, or further push frustrating in that regard.
+1, preach it lol.

1. On mobile in a car (not driving) will do my best tho.

Initially I did think that Lore vs six pak was TvT. The conversation seemed earnest.
On a reread I noticed that spak had early negativity, like doop and maven. While maven wasn’t scum, doop was. So that was in my head, but I didn’t necessarily want to only base things on the previous game. However, to write it off completely means I’m giving the benefit of the doubt to spak for no real reason.

3. Gorf bringing it up validated some of what I was thinking or noticed, but thought enough of that “tell” (and I’m ruining Gorfs case because I need to reread, wanted to for Soup too) of doop similarities were there, at least for Gorf to warrant a vote. That caught my attention. And having someone else vote towards that has definitely pushed me more in the direction that I could see a spak lynch.

4.i have Gorf as null.
Here, he introduced Lore's interactions with six pak (yours truly lol) as null by introducing the counterexample of Maven. So at this point, I'd expect him to be neutral-ish on my slot.
Ok, I have limited access until Sunday night, as I have been traveling for Independence Day.
Also all my posting until then is on mobile.

unvote vote : spak/Orange

FF’s post was solid.

I also like his catch on Gorf calling himself town.
It’s a personal thing, I don’t like people straight up calling themselves town like that, exceptions given to Kevin and Tom because it’s been hilarious and more tongue and cheek.

Gorfs “town post” is the primary reason I have him as null rather than town lean. But it’s been primarily personal so I don’t that I feel as strongly as FF does.

Spak and Fandangox and currently at the top of my scum list.

Fandangox looks opportunistic as heck voting on Lore and then pressuring me for votes.

Fandangox also looks like he was trying to dismiss my scum read on Spak with regard to the negativity argument. Looks bad for him if spak flips scum.

Spak however looks scummiest. In his defense and voting for me he manages to cast shade on Kary, Lore and Soup, (and me obv)

I’m sorry that I’m only on mobile, and I have much worse reception where I am at, but that’s what I have for you at the time.
And while I like the vote change to an actually relevant slot, I really don't like the reasoning. His opinion on Fanny seems poorly developed and he's accusing me of throwing shade on Lore and Soup when I clearly had them as town. It honestly felt a little OMGUS-y, but I'll hold off on that accusation until I read further into the thread (I haven't read past Pythag's vote on us).
[/collapse]
I'd recommend giving the whole spoiler a read, but in short: he hasn't really pushed much of anything on his own, he doesn't really seem to be scumhunting, and when he was put under actual pressure, he seemed to discount it to either throwing shade or being opportunistic (then switching around his scum reads to reflect the people pushing him, where he hadn't previously stated either as being particularly scummy).

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
Shoot, do collapses not work anymore? I mean I messed up the formatting so it wouldn't have worked either way, but I guess I'll have to use spoilers for now on...

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
When I made my quotewall and my reads on you and why it changed in the first place. Turbo spak townread? Clarify.
a) show me the post because your description is deeply unhelpful.

b) you went from being "indecisive" on Spak (#379) to basically singing his praises (#457, #460)

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
OrangeXhtml OrangeXhtml Before I dig you should tell me your thoughts on the wagon against you, main pushers etc. when you get the chance. Are you still ok with Lore? Feels like youre stuck in catch-up mode a bit.
As of page 10, I'm still OK with Lore lol. I had Ran as a scum lean early on (I was REALLY put off by his playstyle swap), but I'm not entirely sure what to think of him at the moment. I usually see eye-to-eye with him, so it feels a little weird that I disagree with his position so much this time around. I just stated my opinion on Pythag's vote on me, I don't necessarily agree with Gorf's reasoning (it feels like he's trying to play a meta card on me, but is comparing me to someone who plays completely differently), and I'm not sure if I've come across anyone else on my wagon. I'll keep you updated as I see 'em :p

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So you agree with Soup saying Lore is playing too scum to be scum? I can see the argument for scum not wanting to be on the spotlight like that, but yours and soups reasoning don't really delve into Lore's play itself for the townread.
I wouldn't say I agree with 'too scummy to be scum', because I don't think that really means anything or explains the read. Different people have different playstyles and tells as scum, and Lore being cosmically shortsighted seems par for the course for his town play. "I only just realized soup's vote was scummy" is, sadly, something I can see him legitimately thinking.

I already said my read on Lore is provisional- its a placeholder. I'm not going to go deep to try and justify it. Maybe there are some scum tells he's dropping that I missed, but that would require me to suffer through the shrieking, howling pain of reading his posts consecutively.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
This is intentional on my part. I'm trying to account for my bad habit of tunneling by looking at other peoples' opinions, pointing out when I agree, and trying to account for them when making read lists.

Personally I think I failed at not tunneling here, although I'm still wholly convinced Soup is scum. I will work further on it next game / later in this one.
I am frankly bored of you talking about your own meta.

Tbh your playstyle this game has been vastly superior to the last one imo. Thanks for generally being more chill.
We are not friends. If you could refrain from offering me pleasantries it would considerably reduce the amount I hate your guts.

#HBC | Gorf

He didn't really elaborate on his reads until prompted and his read on Tom is super iffy, but hey, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. It could be that he just likes playing his cards closer to his chest.
i dont understand how you can see this early on and not find the consistency in his output and how hes playing the game thus far. like, its not an oddity that some townies are less abrasive with their scumhunting and more unwilling to fling their vote around, and pythag fits both of those bills to me. hes asking questions relevant to the reads he later explains (which others in this game have also done) and showing his thought process on how he views reads on players that have spotlight.

Asking some good questions, contributing a little bit, but never really following up with anything of significance. We'll see throughout that Pythag tends to sorta just fly under the radar in most cases.
its funny the quote this is in reference to is literally expounded on in the quote underneath, showing this as followed up and id say its significant:

Here, Pythag's defending his earlier opinion of Lore and my interaction, stating that he thought it was "two earnest people." This was pre-Lore v. Soup, and nobody had really given me or Lore too much heat over the whole exchange yet.
he argues that he doesnt see the lore question thing as inorganic and reiterates his stance on you two looking aight from it. and id say you two had some things thrown your way at the time. not much, but it was like pg 6/7 how much heat do you really expect at that time

your characterization of his ff vote seems really unfair considering the fact that you acknowledge he prefers playing his cards closer to his chest. he has a light feel on fandangox at the time and is now questioning two town reads hes previously had. voting ff is him taking his vote out of rvs and putting it on a player he feels the least bad about putting it on cuz hed rather not have it nowhere i guess. sure its lame but the way youre making it out to look sinister is incongruent with the context of his perspective at the time.

I can see his thought process here, but it isn't a good one. I honestly don't think that negativity is a scum tell, but I've seen it as more of a defensive tell (which I went into fairly immediately at the start of the game lol). With that said, I don't see how he could've initially read the interaction as a gut town, then later on change it to a gut scum based off of information that he was already supposedly thinking about at the time. Feels a lot like packpedaling to me, but nobody's called him out on it because he just blended in.
no people DID question him/call him out on it and he is clarifying his thought process. youre either painting his post in a negative light or just dont get what hes saying. hes saying he had initially seen a correlation between yours and doops entrance to the game, but didnt necessarily think it was worth calling the correlation scummy off the bat. but then upon seeing me expound on it and put a vote to it, he wanted to give it a second thought and reconsider how he felt about it. him saying that is the exact OPPOSITE of blending in.

your next post talking about the six pak post is an even stronger mischaracterization of his progression. the dude was explaining more thoroughly how he initially took your interaction with lore (because he was being questioned about it again) and expounded on why he didnt consider the correlation to doop to matter that much until i laid my vote down.

im honestly kinda glad you got to post this after i did my pythag analysis because now its laid out pretty clear (at least to me) how youre tryna project pythags play and ignoring some of the connecting threads that display some of how his play has developed. pythag is an easy player to pick out because hes passive and, in your words, plays his cards closer to his chest. i get it. when i was scum i really wanted to ride a pythag mislynch but i had to stop myself because there was a better plan long term.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Holy cow a whole game has been happening, and I’m literally in the worst situation. I apologize. I didn’t want to be THIS passive.

Mobile posting, low battery, and my service keeps cutting out. I am hoping I’ll get at least one post tonight.

Also it would appear I read fandangox’s post wrong. That I will blame on the phone. Sorry dude. I’ve been gut reading you as kinda scummy, and was excited to have something more concrete.

Six pak or soup, one of them claimed I smelled bad because I was playing “wise” :

If I’m more passive, I think I have to reserve that. I don’t like being led around by the strongest windbag, Fandango pressuring me with the vote therefore reads/feels bad to me.

Gorf you asked a loooong time ago for reads outside of soup/lore and Orange. This is now belated and things have changed in the game

Best I got for you right now

Tom - 1000% towm. I am pretty confident in his play, I know it’s mirroring Kev, but that’s the vibe I’m getting. Kev could still be scum, I don’t think that means much

Ryker was acting weird until recently in the thread, (you picked up on that) so he’s a slight towm read, but that’s a much more recent read.

FF is town rn. I don’t agree with everything he has said, but I enjoy his posts every time.
Still not certain about Fandangox. For some reason his vote on lore early on really bothered me.
I know I’m giving thin stuff, I apologize.

I really want Orange to be lynched.
I still think soup v lore is tvt, I But I also want to reread around the claim. I’m not sure why people were leaping for lynching an uncc’d PR, so there’s more reading I have to do.

Also, I was also dying laughing at all the July 4th posts. America is wonderful. Y’all are wonderful. I’ll go back and give them all the likes they deserve later

OrangeXhtml

Smash Apprentice
some townies are less abrasive with their scumhunting and more unwilling to fling their vote around
That's all fine and good, except that neither of his votes have been justified by reads that have solid reasoning backing them up. And keeping your cards close to your chest is fine, but then whenever he listed out his reads later on and we got a peek at his hand, the list seemed really off from what I'd observed thus far in the game, and he was significantly misrepresenting the positions of both players that he listed as scum (which hopefully we'll get some clarification on before the end of phase).
its funny the quote this is in reference to is literally expounded on in the quote underneath, showing this as followed up and id say its significant:
Okay, never was an overstatement. There are cases in which he follows up, but I noticed that they tended to be fairly infrequent.
he argues that he doesnt see the lore question thing as inorganic and reiterates his stance on you two looking aight from it. and id say you two had some things thrown your way at the time. not much, but it was like pg 6/7 how much heat do you really expect at that time
Yeah, and I'm saying that initial response was Pythag's genuine interpretation of the interaction at the time. I didn't state that there was anything wrong with that post, nor did I say that we should've had more heat that early on. I was just noting it for later.
your characterization of his ff vote seems really unfair considering the fact that you acknowledge he prefers playing his cards closer to his chest. he has a light feel on fandangox at the time and is now questioning two town reads hes previously had. voting ff is him taking his vote out of rvs and putting it on a player he feels the least bad about putting it on cuz hed rather not have it nowhere i guess. sure its lame but the way youre making it out to look sinister is incongruent with the context of his perspective at the time.
You're also making quite a few assumptions about his perceptions at the time. I never heard him give that sort of reasoning, nor do I remember him stating an opinion on Fanny at any point in-thread before his last post. I mean I get that he likes playing his cards close to his chest, but I feel like his vote on FF still wasn't productive to finding scum whatsoever. It was literally just a vote on an inactive slot; that's how he explained it, so that's how I'm interpreting it.
no people DID question him/call him out on it and he is clarifying his thought process. youre either painting his post in a negative light or just dont get what hes saying. hes saying he had initially seen a correlation between yours and doops entrance to the game, but didnt necessarily think it was worth calling the correlation scummy off the bat. but then upon seeing me expound on it and put a vote to it, he wanted to give it a second thought and reconsider how he felt about it. him saying that is the exact OPPOSITE of blending in.
I appreciate him re-thinking through it, but he drew the connection that Maven acted the same way earlier last game and he turned out to be town. He stated that the whole situation was null (after stating it was town earlier), then he got on the toasted train (or the walrus wagon, haven't decided yet :p) and stated that it's looking scummy. His opinion of my slot transformed with the game's general opinion of my slot, which I'd say fits in with the description of "blending in."

OK, since it looks like the rest of the post is just you screaming bloody mischaracterization, let's approach it from a different angle: what's your opinion on Pythag, and why? You seem to be defending the slot pretty hard, but I don't really see any clear reasoning why you should be.

Top Bottom