• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whose Inclusion in Smash Encouraged You to Play Their Series?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Aside from the last post I made here, :ultsimon:/:ultrichter:‘s inclusion in Smash got me interested in playing the Castlevania games.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
In SSB64, literally every series that isn't Mario, Yoshi or DK. Except Zelda for some reason, not sure what happened, I hated the characters back then lmao
In Melee, DEFINITELY Fire Emblem, but I couldn't find the GBA games back then
In Brawl, Snake. And Toon Link's inclusion made me want to give Zelda a second shot and I finally became the fan I am today
In SSB4, I'm currently have the Mega Man collections in my wishlist. Plus, I want to give FFVII a shot
And now in Ultimate, I'm on the lookout for Castlevania stuff. Plus, finally give the original DKC trilogy a shot

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The inclusion of Fire Emblem and Mr. Game & Watch is probably as close as I got to playing a series I first encountered in Super Smash Bros. I don't actively go out of my way to play them, though, and have no access anyway. Other than that, I've played just about every franchise prior to Super Smash Bros. I've never played Bayonetta. I don't see the appeal. I've played Final Fantasy VIII and barely Final Fantasy IX, but that's it. I've tried out Ice Climbers on the SSBB demo. I've never played Punch-Out!!. I've never played Mother, either. I'm not interested in Xenoblade. I tend to not care much for JRPGs. I've never played a Metal Gear Solid game, although Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance was a game I wanted to try.

I've been a Metroid fan since 1994. I went to a daycare and a friend of mine who brought video games for the Super Nintendo brought Super Metroid. I enjoyed the music, especially Brinstar. I had my Talkboy with me to record the Brinstar theme. I wanted the game, and if I couldn't get Super Metroid for Christmas, I told my mom I'd be fine with Speed Gonzales: Los Gatos Bandidos. Well, I got Super Metroid. I played through it and completed it, although I never was successful at getting 100% until years later. I was upset that there wasn't a Metroid game for the Nintendo 64, so I played as Samus in Super Smash Bros. I've been a loyalist since.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
:ultrobin/:ultcorrin: got me into trying out the FE series. :ultsimon:/:ultrichter: have also gotten me into trying out the Castlevania games.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Simon Belmont recently got me to play a super Castlevania IV. No I’m planning to play Symphony of the Night next.

Top Bottom