• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Your Favorite Lord: Marth or Roy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSDX

Wah!
Being the first of their kind to grace the battlefield of Super Smash Brothers, which of the Fire Emblem Lords is your favorite and why?

Persoanlly, I like them both equally seeing as I have played both of their games and absolutely love them, but I'm favoring Marth by 5% because he's sexier than Roy. Harhar!

EDIT: Nevermind about the 5%, Roy's still mah boy!

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
i can't even find the first ones patch and roys game is just way better so i'll have to say roy.

LSDX

Wah!
Fire Emblem I is very primitive and just not even worth the effort to get. Fire Emblem III on the other hand (which is a remake of the first game and a sequel in one game), is a FANTASTIC Fire Emblem and vastly improves on what the first one didn't have. Personally, Fire Emblem III: Monshou no Nazo is my favorite of the Fire Emblem games. Fire Emblem VI: Fuin no Tsurugi (Roy's game), is my second favorite Fire Emblem, but it has been called the second hardest of the games with Fire Emblem X: Radiant Dawn being the hardest and most difficult of them.

If you're going to look for a patch, I recommend Fire Emblem III; it won't disappoint.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Roy with the Sword of Seals was ridiculously good. Before that, he just was extra baggage and the second half of a support pair with Lilina.

Marth I can't say much about. I haven't played through enough of FE 3 yet to really form an opinion. There's no way either one of them can hold a candle to some of the later FE lords (Hector, Ike, and Ephraim all come to mind).

sherigami

Smash Journeyman
roy pwnz marth!1 marth has like no fire or anything so i have 2 say dat roy>marth

Zelareth

Smash Cadet
I'm told Fire Emblem V is the hardest -_-

Anyway, watching Marth in the OAV made him amusing enough for me to like him over Roy, though I still gotta say my favorite Lord is still Lyn from VII =P

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
ok thanks mcsnapple. and they called 10 hard? i thought 6 was harder.

LSDX

Wah!
Everyone knows VII is the hardest with all its tutorials and what-not obviously; Harhar. I have to finish III, I'm on Chapter 16, almost going to retrieve Falchion. As for VI, I've had a bad habit of restarting it time and time again trying to balance out my perfect team. Picky picky.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
this is like asking who's cooler

a gay guy who kicks *** with a sword or a pyromaniac with a sword

I 'd have to say roy

edit: where do you live mcsnapple? maybe near me and we could play sometime

SHDW23

Smash Journeyman
am i the first person from the marth boards to wonder in here and find this?

tippers ftw

raph21

Smash Rookie
Roy's the man, he's manly, his sword looks nice(its not a tooth pick like marth's), he has spike hair and he got da FAIA!

The Phenom

Smash Lord
It takes the mind of a man to make pliable of Roy our Boy of course!!!

Any character that requires more mind thinking is mannlier. So in this case we know Roy<Marth tier wise; but this be true then those who are our Boys are our MEN IN SWAGGERING COURAGE TO TAKE CHALLENGE IN THE PROPERTIONS OF SAVING THE LOW TIERS FROM EVER BEING PLAYED.
---------
CLASS OF 2009!!!

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Roy is so much more awesome that Marh because of his fire sword!
But on his taunt he reaches down to grab your nuts...
yah. and I see your main (in a terrible game named Brawl) is wolf. he's manly too.
but on his down taunt he crouches and opens his mouth to give you a blow job...

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
while that had Marth surrounded by ice to look better and opposite, Marth really isn't associated with ice in any way. he's just a plain queer with a deadly toothpick.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
LOL i don't know any person being "scared" of Roy. he really doesn't "own" any characters. that's just the way he is.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
roy because his mindgames are deadly. not fire not manlyness. and marth is waayy to cheap. oh and roy chain grabs marth 2 ways (winking smily)

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
Roy is definitely the better Lord over Marth. But my personal favorite has to be Lyn.

Omni_Smash

Smash Apprentice
Roy all the way... unless Ike or The Black knight spontaneously generate in a melee game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom