• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's the best Samus?

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
no no no no no no no no no you people gawd dont u get it. LOL.

lol and oh yeah i dont think that it seriously matters who is top 5, the gap between hugs and number 2 is too much lol. but if you must know, im gonna say im a fukkin noobsies and i suck so it has to go to : hugs oro wes watty? (havent seen him do much myself but i hear hes good) and crashman? (same as watty)

Sorry dyna i have no idea how good you are but at least you got a pretty good fan club going haha.

but the upside is, ill money match any of those top 5 ^^ yeaaaahuhz

DAHKTERem

Smash Ace
I agree with what Azeem said earlier, saying he himself was the best samus. sorry hugo ^^

(why the f*ck am i on the samus boards?) lolol

Hamsterpie

Smash Apprentice
I've been wondering...
My friend, taketwo (falcon player) said that DieSuperFly was one of the best samuses. I can't find him playing samus anywhere, but has anyone seen how he is?
But yeah, ditto what G. Fizzle says. I'm going with hugs, though dynadash is a blast to watch.

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
LOL that guy is trevyn aka zarelid aka BEST LINK aka DEEP SO CAL MEMBER haha

anyways, nah see the table lamp? they are indoors i think. that was before he cut his fro and put the hair in a bag and it hink the bet was someone had to stuff the hair into their pants if they lost a certain match LOL... pretty gross huh haha

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
It's pretty obvious that Hugs is the ****ing best samus by far, especially after he beat some guy named PC Chris at MLG Orlando. lol props to him on that. But watching the few Wes videos i could find, I'm always amazed at how good Wes is at mindgames. It's like he's telling the other guy what to do. He's got Samus down to a freaking science.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Do you just feel like bumping stuff over a year old or what?
I just locked a thread talking about the same subject, stating that people should just post in one of the other 3 threads about it, since that's already too many. I'd rather have necro-posting than thread spam :-\

pockyD

Smash Legend
"best player" changes over time though

i'm not reading this thread or anything but i can say that there's a decent chance (though probably not in this case) that most of the posts a thread like this aren't that relevant when read a year after the fact

it's not a technique or matchup where the previous stuff is still relevant and new stuff is just added on top; what if this had been a thread from like 3 years ago claiming oro was the best? that's kind of misinformative to new readers -_-

xeonoex

Smash Journeyman
I just locked a thread talking about the same subject, stating that people should just post in one of the other 3 threads about it, since that's already too many. I'd rather have necro-posting than thread spam :-\
Oh, I didn't know it was locked. I kept reading through old topics today thinking there was an all of a sudden burst in activity and every came to post in those topics, till I saw the dates.

Do topics even purge here? The same topic every once in a while would be fine if they actually purged. I was looking at the end and I found <3's first post.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hugs actually isn't really that entertaining to watch for me. In my opinon he is the best samus..but that doesn't mean he is fun to watch. He is effective. Phanna is very fun to watch but also IMO no where near as good as Hugs.

Wes is just funny to watch.

Gea

Smash Master
Hugs actually isn't really that entertaining to watch for me. In my opinon he is the best samus..but that doesn't mean he is fun to watch. He is effective. Phanna is very fun to watch but also IMO no where near as good as Hugs.

Wes is just funny to watch.
Quoted for troofs.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure aniki is the best samus. I mean seriously, you guys should have seen him taking out all the U.S. players just like Bombsoldier did at OC3.

JettythatSamus

Smash Apprentice
Too bad someone won't spend time creating "The Trophies®", a SSBM awards show. lol

It'd be nice. We could have nominations for:
Best Samus
Most Entertaining Samus
Most Technical Samus
Most Popular Samus
Most Hated Samus

and on and on, to put these people in categories. For me, I edgeguard and mindgame like Wes(or try to) but I watch HugS specifically for strategy, and mimic the moves he does in response to his opponents. I try to WD like Aftermath, and walk around like Aniki, but I spam SWD like Phanna.

Mars-

Smash Champion
For me, I edgeguard and mindgame like Wes(or try to) but I watch HugS specifically for strategy, and mimic the moves he does in response to his opponents. I try to WD like Aftermath, and walk around like Aniki, but I spam SWD like Phanna.
So in other words, you play like Phanna.

Puffin

Smash Apprentice
I'd have to say HugS by quite a bit. Then again, I don't know much about Samus.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Hugs is still the best after about a year. I don't really think you could put Oro in there anymore; I think he's retired. Wes is still up there, as is Aniki. Watty and Majoras are also up there. I think there was a Mexican Samus that put up some vids some time ago. Don't remember who he is, and I haven't seen much of him in practical application, but he at least had a unique and effective (at least against the guy he was playing) playstyle. Phanna is really fun to watch, and knows more about smash than anyone here, I'm sure, but I've been consistently unimpressed with his practical performance.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
>_>...I wanna see watty play majoras XD.

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
Ive already posted but I need more posts :)

Here is my opinion yet again:

1)Me.... - lol j/k

1)Hugs - this guy has mad game
2)Aniki - this guy is just rigged
3)Wes - this guy has some crazy creativeness
4)Phanna - this guy is just 1337

Asian_Flava

Smash Ace
Too bad someone won't spend time creating "The Trophies®", a SSBM awards show. lol

It'd be nice. We could have nominations for:
Best Samus
Most Entertaining Samus
Most Technical Samus
Most Popular Samus
Most Hated Samus

and on and on, to put these people in categories. For me, I edgeguard and mindgame like Wes(or try to) but I watch HugS specifically for strategy, and mimic the moves he does in response to his opponents. I try to WD like Aftermath, and walk around like Aniki, but I spam SWD like Phanna.
Double Post :( Sry

Best Samus - Hugs
Most Entertaining Samus - Phanna
Most Technical Samus - Hugs
Most Popular Samus - MikeNasty (lawls)
Most Hated Samus - Best left unsaid, I dont wanna get flamed :)

Top Bottom