• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's gonna die next?

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
So far Mario, Megaman, and Luigi have been brutally murdered on screen in the name of sick twisted hype. Who's next on the chopping block?

Personally, I think its gonna be Pikachu. I don't know why, but I just have a baaaad feeling.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Pikachu is a safe bet. The pattern so far has been that the most famous characters are getting the axe in reveal trailers for shock factor.

My prediction is that Monster Hunter will be added and kill Pikachu in their reveal. It makes sense since Monster Hunters kill monsters and Pikachu is the most famous monster in Nintendo history.

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
Pikachu is a safe bet. The pattern so far has been that the most famous characters are getting the axe in reveal trailers for shock factor.

My prediction is that Monster Hunter will be added and kill Pikachu in their reveal. It makes sense since Monster Hunters kill monsters and Pikachu is the most famous monster in Nintendo history.
But Monster Hunters are usually depicted as being good guys, If anything they would team up with Pikachu.... But now that you mention it I can see it now. Pikachu Fighting Bowser, then Monster Hunter swoops in and chops Bowser down. Then at the end of the trailer, we see Monster Hunter forging armor out of Bowser's shell...

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
I have a gut feeling Yoshi will be next.
I swear to god if they throw Yoshi off a cliff.

This got me thinking about who would kill Yoshi, and now all I can see is Crash Bandicoot coming in riding irresponsibly on Yoshi, and He boosts off of Yoshi to scale a cliff. It would be perfect.

Last edited:

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
But Monster Hunters are usually depicted as being good guys, If anything they would team up with Pikachu.... But now that you mention it I can see it now. Pikachu Fighting Bowser, then Monster Hunter swoops in and chops Bowser down. Then at the end of the trailer, we see Monster Hunter forging armor out of Bowser's shell...
Bowser does look like a prime candidate for the chopping block if Monster Hunter gets added. However, Bowser previously jobbed for Shulk in his reveal trailer so he might be safe.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
some reason I have a felling the pokemon comp would not like pickachu being killed, there very strict on how there stuff is used

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ridley or K.Rool would be nice.

But wasn't Luigi confirmed to be fine?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just noticed we're all arguing about who will die... when they are trophies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

I honestly do not see Game Freak and the Pokemon Co. allowing any of their characters to be killed.

Of course it depends on the character being revealed.
I am honestly thinking it could be Captain Toad, and while he could save someone...
I dont think someone will die in every trailer.

Well, they wont, as we saw with K Rool...

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Mario's trachea was crushed by the Cunning God of Death. Luigi was disemboweled by Death himself. Wario better wah-wah-watch himself.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Are we forgetting the Deaths of Dedede and Bowser (Smash 4).

There seems to be a trend of Mario characters getting the axe with Ridley killing Mario, Shulk Killing Bowser, Death killing Luigi, and Sakurai killing Waluigi’s chances at being playable.

I would assume that Wario is next, if not Jr.

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
I don't know who but I'd love to see Diddy Kong next. I never liked this characters (thanks to Sm4sh mod to make him muted btw).

Iridium

Smash Hero
Well, two mascots have died, so we could have another fall, but I don't know who.

We also haven't had any villains die, so Bowser, Ridley and Ganondorf are good picks.

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
Well, two mascots have died, so we could have another fall, but I don't know who.

We also haven't had any villains die, so Bowser, Ridley and Ganondorf are good picks.
You're wrong, if we haven't seen any villains die it's because THEY are the one killing characters.

Iridium

Smash Hero
You're wrong, if we haven't seen any villains die it's because THEY are the one killing characters.
In all seriousness, Ridley has died so many times in his series that I think him dying would actually make sense. Looking at good characters, I'm thinking Kirby, Diddy Kong or Little Mac. Or maybe they will kill Luigi again :troll:!

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I'm guessing Ness. He was one of the remaining few heroes at the end of Subspace along with Dedede and Luigi, and they've both been brutally murdered.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Dont forget how king k rool took out dedede
It's really hard to know if that killed or not. He took a slap to his back hard, but if he died (which I doubt), it was not as obvious as Mario or Mega Man's death (and especially Luigi).

Last edited:

Garbage Cat

Smash Rookie
Kirby will most likely be flattened to death by Smithy if Geno is revealed
Sonic will probably end up in a black hole or something like that if Shadow is revealed
In Akuma's hypothetical reveal trailer, K. Rool will be sparring with him and have a heart attack from how girthy he is
Since so many Mario characters are being killed, the next one will probably be another one from that series. Maybe Yoshi's entire island is wiped out by a meteor, and Black Mage is revealed to be the source of the meteor and is now playable, or perhaps Wario gambles all of his money with Duke Nukem, loses, and dies from poverty?
Of course, Luigi could also end up being the next to die again.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
We saw that the theme in the KKR video was the rival theme so it could easily be another rival intro where our next hero dies, and the heroes have been completely out of place where they were killed so maybe we should consider so left over rivals of big characters...

Of all the heroes remaining without a rival existing as an assist trophy or already filled by a fighter, I think Sonic has the best chances of getting either Dr. Robotnik or Shadow. He's been in the series for a few generations now and is still a loner. The other big possibility in my mind is with Captain Falcon or Ryu. Sonic's rivals aren't the kind of hardcore villains that it would take to start slaying heroes so I think CF and Ryu have a better lineup for that potential.

With that in mind I could see a really hype interaction between one of the F-Zero racers and Kirby or a Street Fighter and Fox/Falco. Then again, it could be a newcomer from a whole new series like with Luigi, but I still think there could be some interesting scene setups with Kirby and/or Fox.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Ness, I think he’s next up as much as it pains me to think of it...

I’m sorry my son...
B1A2787D-67DA-4A61-98A6-50CC49EAC2B3.jpeg

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
If I had to guess, I'd say Sonic will probably be killed off next. Maybe Cloud or Ryu will be killed off with him?
So far the iconic mascots have been targeted, and by villains, so maybe Akuma or Robotnik/Eggman will make it! (Or less likely, Dr. Wily or Sephiroth?)

I just want to see Eggman and Bowser Jr. team up in their little hovercrafts.

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Ryu falls at the hands of Akuma. It would have to be Ryu if Akuma joins the fray.
Nah... The point of the Rivals thing is that the battle continues. If Akuma killed Ryu the rivalry would be ended there. Akuma kills Ness?

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
As much as I love this character... Snake. C'mon who wouldn't get at least a chuckle out of snake? snake? SNAAAAAAAAKKE!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom