• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm sorry, but she needed Mario's help, that's a basic fact of the game regardless of what abilities you think Rosalina might have, is it stupid that she needed help? Maybe, but the fact is, she did. You don't get to dismiss plotholes that contradict your own arguments, and yet use other possible plotholes as counterarguments.

Also, just in your post just before this one, you're stating that Mario breathing in space is just a gamplay element that shouldn't be given much thought, yet you're arguing that we can't do that with Rosalina... because?
Now you're just twisting my words.

I dismiss her asking for Mario's help as it's blatant that she could have handled the whole situation herself, and much more swiftly than Mario did. She was just written not to because Mario absolutely has to be the hero. It's worth noting that Rosalina originally was never going to be in Galaxy as such a major character, which is likely why this plothole exists. She didn't NEED the help. She was written to ask for it despite not needing it. There is a complete difference between the two, and what happened was the latter.

However, I used possible plotholes as counter arguments to "Lumas remade the universe", because it was never stated in the first place. I honestly don't get where this misinterpretation came from. Young Master Luma waved a solemn goodbye to Mario, as Mario, YML, and all the other Lumas, AND everything else, got sucked into a black hole, as he didn't think they'd see each other again. That's all we saw, and the very next game, we see that YML is still the same person (and in the secret ending for Galaxy 1, we see him getting separated from Rosalina - he got left behind on Rosalina's home planet).

Also, Mario breathing in space/water/etc is simply a case of "whenever the game mechanics demand it". That's a completely different thing than you writing off Rosalina's mind control ability as "in-game so it doesn't count" (BTW, it technically isn't - it happens through a cutscene). I said it shouldn't be given much thought because it's been contradicted time and time again for two decades now, in all kinds of games. Just like "how many hits can Mario take before he is defeated?".

Rosalina's mind control is an ability that has been shown, but never contradicted. So there is no debate - she has mind control. It's a useful asset to her in battle, because mind control is literally stripping someone else OF THAT CONTROL of their own mind. That is inherently the meaning of the term. Just because she only used it once given permission for a friend, doesn't mean she could not use it as a weapon.

It really isn't relevant.
It is, it's an officially licensed Nintendo product, so it automatically is by virtue of that. Nintendo EAD had to approve her Smash moveset, after all, something they would not do if it contradicted canon.

Special exceptions are made for characters like Ness, for the purpose of getting them to work in the game. And in those cases, they are ignored, because their abilities DIRECTLY CONTRADICT canon (in Ness' case, he doesn't use the abilities he used in Earthbound in Smash - he uses the abilities of his friends).

However, Rosalina is not under the same category as Ness - her moves in Smash are new, but they fit the theme of what she is (i.e. cosmic deity, and the Mario universe's equivalent to god).

If we ignore Smash, we ignore the RPGs, the sports games, etc, and that's just in the Mario universe.

Whether or not Smash is canon is irrelevant - that merely means the fights in Smash don't actually factor into main game canon right now (except for Kid Icarus). However, the abilities in Smash are designed to be true to these characters in their canon, and absolutely no special exceptions were necessary for Rosalina. It fits what was shown of her in canon, and fits the perceived "god of the Mario verse" image the public have of her.

Except psychokinesis and mind control are completely different powers under any standard, I really don't see how being capable of one can be considered evidence in any shape or form that she can do the other.
No they are not. They both involve manipulating your surroundings in some fashion. One involves taking control of the atomic mass of an object using your mind, and the other involves manipulating the mind of another with your own (though there are many different forms of this).

On the subject of the Lumas being the cause for the reboot and all, remember, the character in Smash is Rosalina and Luma. Rosalina and her whole Luma family are in this together. After all, Rosalina does summon multiple Lumas over the course of a Smash battle, meaning it's not just one Luma that counts as the character.
The character in Smash is Rosalina & Luma because it's a way to represent the puppeteer archetype in Smash, and it just so happens to be a simple way of representing and integral part of Rosalina's character - her motherly nature. The Lumas are dependent on Rosalina for protection, not the other way around. Even Palutena and Viridi explain this in the Palutena's Guidance for Rosalina.

It's also worth noting that many players of Smash, before the recent patch at least, thought Rosalina was too good without the Luma, killing the notion that she is dependent on them even in Smash.

EDIT: And with that, I'm actually unwatching this thread. It's gotten very boring, with people constantly trying to create arbitrary rules for the sake of glorifying or underrating a character.

The reason this has happened is because a near universal agreement was actually reached in this thread on a "canon power tier list" long ago, and then it died. However, newcomers decided to re-iterate old points that have already been debunked numerous times, which revived the thread, but it's not actually going anywhere. Just going over the same tired points, leading to a completely tedious discussion.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
The character in Smash is Rosalina & Luma because it's a way to represent the puppeteer archetype in Smash, and it just so happens to be a simple way of representing and integral part of Rosalina's character - her motherly nature. The Lumas are dependent on Rosalina for protection, not the other way around. Even Palutena and Viridi explain this in the Palutena's Guidance for Rosalina.

It's also worth noting that many players of Smash, before the recent patch at least, thought Rosalina was too good without the Luma, killing the notion that she is dependent on them even in Smash.
I never said that Rosalina depended on the Luma(s). I only said that the playable character in Smash includes both, which means that the powers of Rosalina and the powers of the Luma(s) in Mario canon should both count toward the one entity of "Rosalina and Luma."

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Here's my canonical tier list of characters in Smash 4 from strongest to weakest (SPOILERS ALERT):

GOD TIER (litteraly)
:4shulk:
- Litteraly killed a god (who killed another one) in the end of the game with the Monado, before becoming one himself
:4pit: - Defeated Palutena (under the Chaos Kin's control), Pyrrhos and Hades. THAT'S THREE DIFFERENT GODS!!!!!
:4darkpit: - Defeated Pandora twice, and is a clone of Pit, so he may have similar abilities.....
:4palutena: - Litteral goddess with multiple powers
:rosalina: - Commands the Lumas, little star-shaped beings able to create an entire universe
:4link: - Defeated Demise, the self-proclaimed god of Evil, among other incredibly powerful beings
:4tlink: - Is basically a reincarnation of the Link above
:4myfriends: - Possesses Ragnell, a god-slaying sword, and he's not afraid to use it
MIGHTY TIER
:4samus::4zss:
- Has been trained by the Chozos to become stronger, faster, and more agile than any human being
:4lucario: - Grows stronger everytime he takes damage
:mewtwopm: - Legendary Pokemon with countless abilities
:4ganondorf: - King of Evil, Triforce of Power, Sword of Sages, ability to turn into Ganon
:4bowser: - No explanations required........
:4dk: - Same here.....
:4megaman: and :4kirby: - Can copy abilities from other fighters.... Fighting fire with fire....
:4robinm::4robinf: - Uses many kinds of magic to kill a GIANT DRAGON.......
:4jigglypuff: - Can kill you by sleeping.......
:4falcon: - FAAAAAAALCON PUNCH!!!!!
:4zelda::4sheik: - Powerful magic, reincarnation a Goddess, once became a spirit and was able possess Phantoms, Sheik.....
:4charizard: - HE'S A F-ING DRAGON!!!!!!!
:4greninja: - He's a ninja.....
:4metaknight: - He's broken
:4fox::4falco: - Trained bounty huntes must've been trained to face any situation. Also, Airwings are awesome.
:4sonic: - SUPER SONIC STYLE!!!!!
:4dedede: - Giant penguin with giant hammer...... sounds legit
:4ness: - PSI powers are awesome!
:4wario::4wario2: - He's really stinky!
:4pacman: - He can eat GHOSTS!!!!
:4mario::4drmario: - Mr. Videogame Himself
:4luigi: - Green Mario
AVERAGE TIER
:4lucina::4marth:
- Generic swordsmen
:4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig: - Spoiled brats
:4diddy: - Is a monkey.....
:4littlemac::4wiremac: - Just a boxer, guys!
:4pikachu: - Pika! Pika!
:4yoshi: - Yoshi!
:4wiifit::4wiifitm: - Trained to battle......
:4olimar::4alph: - Commands Pikmins to fight....... it works
BAD TIER
:4villager::4villagerf:
- Just kids....
:4rob: - Just an accessory
:4peach: - Constantly kidnapped
:4mii::4miif: - Not even real
:4duckhunt: - He's a dog
:4gaw: - Just a calculator guy
:substitute: - That's a doll.....

Last edited:

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Now you're just twisting my words.

I dismiss her asking for Mario's help as it's blatant that she could have handled the whole situation herself, and much more swiftly than Mario did. She was just written not to because Mario absolutely has to be the hero. It's worth noting that Rosalina originally was never going to be in Galaxy as such a major character, which is likely why this plothole exists. She didn't NEED the help. She was written to ask for it despite not needing it. There is a complete difference between the two, and what happened was the latter.

However, I used possible plotholes as counter arguments to "Lumas remade the universe", because it was never stated in the first place. I honestly don't get where this misinterpretation came from. Young Master Luma waved a solemn goodbye to Mario, as Mario, YML, and all the other Lumas, AND everything else, got sucked into a black hole, as he didn't think they'd see each other again. That's all we saw, and the very next game, we see that YML is still the same person (and in the secret ending for Galaxy 1, we see him getting separated from Rosalina - he got left behind on Rosalina's home planet).

Also, Mario breathing in space/water/etc is simply a case of "whenever the game mechanics demand it". That's a completely different thing than you writing off Rosalina's mind control ability as "in-game so it doesn't count" (BTW, it technically isn't - it happens through a cutscene). I said it shouldn't be given much thought because it's been contradicted time and time again for two decades now, in all kinds of games. Just like "how many hits can Mario take before he is defeated?".

Rosalina's mind control is an ability that has been shown, but never contradicted. So there is no debate - she has mind control. It's a useful asset to her in battle, because mind control is literally stripping someone else OF THAT CONTROL of their own mind. That is inherently the meaning of the term. Just because she only used it once given permission for a friend, doesn't mean she could not use it as a weapon.

It is, it's an officially licensed Nintendo product, so it automatically is by virtue of that. Nintendo EAD had to approve her Smash moveset, after all, something they would not do if it contradicted canon.

Special exceptions are made for characters like Ness, for the purpose of getting them to work in the game. And in those cases, they are ignored, because their abilities DIRECTLY CONTRADICT canon (in Ness' case, he doesn't use the abilities he used in Earthbound in Smash - he uses the abilities of his friends).

However, Rosalina is not under the same category as Ness - her moves in Smash are new, but they fit the theme of what she is (i.e. cosmic deity, and the Mario universe's equivalent to god).

If we ignore Smash, we ignore the RPGs, the sports games, etc, and that's just in the Mario universe.

Whether or not Smash is canon is irrelevant - that merely means the fights in Smash don't actually factor into main game canon right now (except for Kid Icarus). However, the abilities in Smash are designed to be true to these characters in their canon, and absolutely no special exceptions were necessary for Rosalina. It fits what was shown of her in canon, and fits the perceived "god of the Mario verse" image the public have of her.

No they are not. They both involve manipulating your surroundings in some fashion. One involves taking control of the atomic mass of an object using your mind, and the other involves manipulating the mind of another with your own (though there are many different forms of this).

EDIT: And with that, I'm actually unwatching this thread. It's gotten very boring, with people constantly trying to create arbitrary rules for the sake of glorifying or underrating a character.

The reason this has happened is because a near universal agreement was actually reached in this thread on a "canon power tier list" long ago, and then it died. However, newcomers decided to re-iterate old points that have already been debunked numerous times, which revived the thread, but it's not actually going anywhere. Just going over the same tired points, leading to a completely tedious discussion.
You seem to be acting like Mario is a story heavy franchise but they take bosses way to seriously to do so. They even said Rosalina is mysterious and we won't know her true power (if we haven't already). The most story based Mario game has to be Super Paper Mario and :rosalina: wasn't even mentioned.

Well, he is more than immoral

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
I would imagine that canonically speaking Link is the strongest, if everyone is saying ganon is tough ****, Fierce diety 4 life.
Not so fast. As previously stated, Kirby could easily inhale either the mask or the sword and (likely) gain the Ultra Sword ability. Speaking of which, Kirby can theoretically disarm every single character who uses a sword, hammer, bow, or similar weapon. This also includes inhaling things like Pikmin, (maybe) Lumas, PK attacks like PK Rockin or PK Love, Boomerangs, and even sword beams from Links sword when he is at full health. There are some things that Kirby would be unable to inhale regularly-Hypernova remedies this. Kirby might be able to swallow some fighters whole in this form.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Here's my canonical tier list of characters in Smash 4 from strongest to weakest (SPOILERS ALERT):

GOD TIER (litteraly)
:4shulk:
- Litteraly killed a god (who killed another one) in the end of the game with the Monado, before becoming one himself
:4pit: - Defeated Palutena (under the Chaos Kin's control), Pyrrhos and Hades. THAT'S THREE DIFFERENT GODS!!!!!
:4darkpit: - Defeated Pandora twice, and is a clone of Pit, so he may have similar abilities.....
:4palutena: - Litteral goddess with multiple powers
:rosalina: - Commands the Lumas, little star-shaped beings able to create an entire universe
:4link: - Defeated Demise, the self-proclaimed god of Evil, among other incredibly powerful beings
:4tlink: - Is basically a reincarnation of the Link above
:4myfriends: - Possesses Ragnell, a god-slaying sword, and he's not afraid to use it
MIGHTY TIER
:4samus::4zss:
- Has been trained by the Chozos to become stronger, faster, and more agile than any human being
:4lucario: - Grows stronger everytime he takes damage
:mewtwopm: - Legendary Pokemon with countless abilities
:4ganondorf: - King of Evil, Triforce of Power, Sword of Sages, ability to turn into Ganon
:4dk: - Same here.....
:4megaman: and :4kirby: - Can copy abilities from other fighters.... Fighting fire with fire....
:4robinm::4robinf: - Uses many kinds of magic to kill a GIANT DRAGON.......
:4jigglypuff: - Can kill you by sleeping.......
:4falcon: - FAAAAAAALCON PUNCH!!!!!
:4zelda::4sheik: - Powerful magic, reincarnation a Goddess, once became a spirit and was able possess Phantoms, Sheik.....
:4charizard: - HE'S A F-ING DRAGON!!!!!!!
:4greninja: - He's a ninja.....
:4metaknight: - He's broken
:4fox::4falco: - Trained bounty huntes must've been trained to face any situation. Also, Airwings are awesome.
:4sonic: - SUPER SONIC STYLE!!!!!
:4dedede: - Giant penguin with giant hammer...... sounds legit
:4ness: - PSI powers are awesome!
:4wario::4wario2: - He's really stinky!
:4pacman: - He can eat GHOSTS!!!!
:4mario::4drmario: - Mr. Videogame Himself
:4luigi: - Green Mario
AVERAGE TIER
:4lucina::4marth:
- Generic swordsmen
:4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig: - Spoiled brats
:4diddy: - Is a monkey.....
:4littlemac::4wiremac: - Just a boxer, guys!
:4pikachu: - Pika! Pika!
:4yoshi: - Yoshi!
:4wiifit::4wiifitm: - Trained to battle......
:4olimar::4alph: - Commands Pikmins to fight....... it works
BAD TIER
:4villager::4villagerf:
- Just kids....
:4rob: - Just an accessory
:4peach: - Constantly kidnapped
:4mii::4miif: - Not even real
:4duckhunt: - He's a dog
:4gaw: - Just a calculator guy
:substitute: - That's a doll.....
I think this is pretty much accurate

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I think people should remember that Kirby is eight inches tall. It'd be pretty hard for him to eat anything at such a height.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Besides my out of the box Duck Hunt theory, here are some more thoughts.

Mario + star + any favorable suit for the situation. (the star is what he really needs, unfortunately he still needs to make contact.) So here's my work around for our average Joe plumber: Throw a blue shell. Rules dictate a direct hit on the opponent. Lightning strike to make them small, warp pipe flute to teleport to them as the blue shell connects. It would even on the fastest or most evasive of the cast because of the preliminary lightning stun and shrink. Once out of the pipe, pop the star and ground pound for style points. Mario could take out so many of the list with this combo because his games have the most ridiculous abstract items. It's like, if you put me in a pit with a tiger, gg I'm dead. If you put me in a pit with a tiger but give me a weapon like a gun... that could end differently. So the list depends heavily on power ups and items, Samus is just really agile without her suit. Link is just a really courageous dude without his sword and other weapons.

Kirby with hypernova is still vulnerable to attack, but with a lollipop star-like power up, he's another serious contender.
Ganondorf or link depending on whether they have the triforce would be insanely powerful, depending on myth their wish would pretty much be law.
Ganondorf is the man, but he's either in the running or not all depending on his success for the triforce (which in history has always been thwarted... but should he obtain it, he'd be unstoppable, much like link. So I don't know if this thread is looking at peak potential or historically shown power. Because if it's the latter, even though he's easily one of my favorite characters out there, he can't even handle the green clad dude :c

I think there are too many variables involved for this thread to go anywhere besides back and forth fun. It's great to stretch the mind and have debates, just keep in mind they will never hold too much weight and don't ever let this turn into flaming or an unpleasant environment. I can already see a few people getting really fired up, which is great... it's nice to be passionate about something you enjoy even when it's purely fictional, just keep in mind the other person on the end of the idea that is absurd and wrong to you, because right and wrong is so loose here.

Last edited:

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Queen_Sectonia?file=KTD_Sectonia_6.png
I hope that link works, if not, my explanation is ruined lol.
Basically what this is showing is a size comparison between Kirby, who is 8 inches tall, and Sectonia(merged with the Dreamstalk). While the image shows Kirby swallowing Sectonia's laser, Kirby shortly after inhales all of Sectonia. I ran a size check, and Sectonia is roughly 11.5 Kirbys tall. 11.5x8=92 inches. 92/12=7.67 feet, or 7 feet 8 inches. For metric users, that's 2.3368 meters tall. That means Kirby with Hypernova can inhale the majority of the smash cast, and certainly weapons like the Master Sword or Falchion.

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
This is almost like a Comicvine thread, discussing characters' power sets and abilities.

Anyways, per the Zelda Wiki, Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power is a good choice: "The Triforce of Power embodies the essence of the Goddess of Power, Din, the creator of Hyrule. Whoever holds the Triforce of Power is granted 'true power'. This power is absolute, making the recipient of Din's blessing a god-like entity, vastly more powerful than any mortal, affording its wielder invulnerability, vast strength and an unlimited source of mystical power."

So, essentially, you have to see who has power on par with that.

Ness after clearing his mind is a good candidate with practically unlimited psychic abilities.

Shulk becomes a god at the end of Xenoblade and is essentially a limited reality warper.

Zelda and Palutena are essentially goddesses.

Rosalina and Kirby are both the protectors of their respective cosmos, although they may be in the next tier below those listed above.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
This is almost like a Comicvine thread, discussing characters' power sets and abilities.

Anyways, per the Zelda Wiki, Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power is a good choice: "The Triforce of Power embodies the essence of the Goddess of Power, Din, the creator of Hyrule. Whoever holds the Triforce of Power is granted 'true power'. This power is absolute, making the recipient of Din's blessing a god-like entity, vastly more powerful than any mortal, affording its wielder invulnerability, vast strength and an unlimited source of mystical power."

So, essentially, you have to see who has power on par with that.

Ness after clearing his mind is a good candidate with practically unlimited psychic abilities.

Shulk becomes a god at the end of Xenoblade and is essentially a limited reality warper.

Zelda and Palutena are essentially goddesses.

Rosalina and Kirby are both the protectors of their respectI've cosmos, although they may be in the next tier below those listed above.
What about Pit? He defeated 3 different gods! (Palutena, Pyrhoss and Hades)

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
What about Pit? He defeated 3 different gods! (Palutena, Pyrhoss and Hades)
I looked into a number of characters before writing my previous post. Since I posted it and looked through a bit more of the thread, I've done a bit more research. For some reason to me this is a very interesting concept, because we as players don't recognize the vast differences in canonical power due to Smash essentially equalizing everyone for the sake of gameplay.

I stand by my statement that Ganondorf/Shulk/Ness are probably the three heaviest hitters in terms of raw power. Without prep time, no one can go toe to toe with them. Ganondorf and Ness possess limitless power, and Shulk is (as I mentioned above) a limited reality warper. I don't think anyone else in the cast have that kind of potential without a plot to speak of.

Pit is sort of like Link in a sense. Both are skilled warriors with power that comes from another source (Palutena's gifts/Triforce of Courage), but I don't think in a straight up fight Link or Pit is going to be killing any of the three above. Pit was only able to kill Hades with the benefit of the plot and the help of Medusa.

We could go on and on about PIS/CIS/WIS (plot/character/writer induced stupidity), but I think in the end we're all going to have different opinions regardless of what is discussed.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I looked into a number of characters before writing my previous post. Since I posted it and looked through a bit more of the thread, I've done a bit more research. For some reason to me this is a very interesting concept, because we as players don't recognize the vast differences in canonical power due to Smash essentially equalizing everyone for the sake of gameplay.

I stand by my statement that Ganondorf/Shulk/Ness are probably the three heaviest hitters in terms of raw power. Without prep time, no one can go toe to toe with them. Ganondorf and Ness possess limitless power, and Shulk is (as I mentioned above) a limited reality warper. I don't think anyone else in the cast have that kind of potential without a plot to speak of.

Pit is sort of like Link in a sense. Both are skilled warriors with power comes from another source (Palutena's gifts/Triforce of Courage), but I don't think in a straight up fight Link or Pit is going to be killing any of the three above. Pit was only able to kill Hades with the benefit of the plot and the help of Medusa.

We could go on and on about PIS/CIS/WIS (plot/character/writer induced stupidity), but I think in the end we're all going to have different opinions regardless of what is discussed.
To be honest, I think Shulk would definetly crush everyone. His Vision and the god-slaying sword that is the Monado is an extremely OP combination

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Most likely Pit.
I was about to say Robin, but then I think of the immense amounts of help he/she received from his/her fellow comrades.

But yeah, gonna go with Pit on this one.

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I think Shulk would definetly crush everyone. His Vision and the god-slaying sword that is the Monado is an extremely OP combination
I'm going to agree with you. Shulk, in his current incarnation, is likely the strongest canonical character. We can still debate the others, however.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Don't know yet, (getting Xenoblade this christmas) but :4wario2:, :4bowser:, and :4dedede: do by sitting on him.
How would they sit on him? As part of Xenoblade, Shulk gets visions when he or a teammate would take extreme or lethal damage. He would see himself getting sat on and activate Monado Speed to dodge. Pretty simple there.

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
How would they sit on him? As part of Xenoblade, Shulk gets visions when he or a teammate would take extreme or lethal damage. He would see himself getting sat on and activate Monado Speed to dodge. Pretty simple there.
That I meant they could snap Mewtwo's bones like twigs. :4littlemac: (and maybe :4dk:) could do the same but with no sitting.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I guess we can all assume that Shulk is the strongest character ever for the following reasons (SPOILERS ALERT!!!):
  • Uses Zanza's Monado, one of the two (possibly three in the end) god-slaying swords with the ability to alter the way he fights (Shield, Buster, Speed, etc.).
  • Has Vision, which allows him to forsee lethal damage and slow down time to prepare a MASSIVE counterattack.
  • Killed Zanza, one of the two major gods of the game's world, in the game's final level. It should be noted that Meyneth, the other god (technically a goddess) was killed by Zanza himself.
  • Became a literal god after killing Zanza, which in theory gives him limitless power and immortality (unless slain by a god-slaying sword).
  • Anything else?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
In game, Shulk's visions aren't enough to prevent him from attacking Bowser's invincible shell and then getting punished, so...

This is a difficult subject to argue because it's hard to have a basis of comparison when we're talking about characters that undergo tons of development, then sometimes go back again.

All I know is that Bowser is immortal. He's had the flesh melted off of his bones then come back stronger. He's the only character I know of in SSB who so readily and easily shrugs off death itself...

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
In game, Shulk's visions aren't enough to prevent him from attacking Bowser's invincible shell and then getting punished, so...

This is a difficult subject to argue because it's hard to have a basis of comparison when we're talking about characters that undergo tons of development, then sometimes go back again.

All I know is that Bowser is immortal. He's had the flesh melted off of his bones then come back stronger. He's the only character I know of in SSB who so readily and easily shrugs off death itself...
Technically, all characters who can respawn have immortality though, so...Shulk has infinite retries as well.

Sodo

Smash Journeyman

Yeah power scaling is difficult when you consider the multiple universes involved here. Either way Shulk is a reality warper, perhaps a limited one, but it's going to take a lot for someone to convince me that anyone is going to beat him without intensive preparation.

Top Bottom