• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
I honestly think people are overestimating MewTwo Hes A tier like samus s teir should be reserved for idestuctable/planet busters.
so i think Rosalina,Ganon,And Kirby should be the only onesw in S tier.
Many people are making it seen like MewTwo's got Freeza's power or somthing and he just dos'not.

josh bones

Smash Lord
I honestly think people are overestimating MewTwo Hes A tier like samus s teir should be reserved for idestuctable/planet busters.
so i think Rosalina,Ganon,And Kirby should be the only onesw in S tier.
Many people are making it seen like MewTwo's got Freeza's power or somthing and he just dos'not.
Mewtwo is way stronger than freiza, and unlike frieze, he doesn't take 5 episodes to do stuff.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Ok trolls aside, I love mewtwo and all, but goku/frieza would destroy him so badly and easily.

for the record im a super super mewtwo and super super DBZ nerd/freak who memorized power levels and all this stuff lol

mewtwo owns all smash chars, then Samus with like 14 energy tanks or w/e and Hyper beam and Screw Attack, destroys everything else but doesn't get close to mewtwo. Ness/Ganon are the obvious two other super strong chars (super sonic does not count otherwise he is number 1... .anyonne with those emeralds would be broken though). Also I'm not counting Star Fox/wolf cuz they are using ships. Star Rod power doesn't count either.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Frieza can destroy the sayian planet with a simple sphere of energy.

Mewtwo can destroy a building....

Heck even piccolo could beat mewtwo

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
mewtwo's power actually ranges from spinning his hand to make storms around the world and controlling tons of pokemon at the same time and throwing master balls everywhere and effortlessly deflecting hyper beams, to going even with Giovanni's little robots and losing to Kyogre and some other good but not as broken (or shouldn't be anyway) pokemon. Either way, Goku/Frieza can move around light speed sometimes and destroy planets and take punches to the neck from very powerful warriers without flinching. Frieza >>> mewtwo >> samus >>> rest (Ness's power is hard to say but he's not above mewtwo). Samus would destroy ganon so badly at max power from both of them.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
I think prime 2 Samus was the strongest version of Samus we know so far.

In this game she fixes aether "dimension problems"

Along the way she gets items such as
http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Sunburst

http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Darkburst

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Light_Suit

She also gets the dark beam, light beam and the annnalator beam.
She also gets all of her super metroid power ups except for speed boast.

She also survived "dimensional attacks from the ing" she also beats dark Samus.
All in echoes.

Her chozon suit may protect her from mind control.. As the chozo transcended beyond the universe. But that is not a fact until proven so (the suit protecting her from mind control)

If mewtwo could not mind control Samus, I guess Samus could just shoot a dark burst at mewtwo and then kiss Salem on the cheek.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I actually agree with M2K's list on whos the most powerful.

Mewtwo (at least original Anime Kanto Mewtwo) would probably beat almost every single character on the roster, while Samus will beat or tie with anyone else (tie with Ganondorf who she wouldn't be able to hurt, but she has many, many ways to stop). Ganondorf is immune to anyone but Link/Zelda (and possible Pit/Palutena) and would basically win or tie against anyone else.

Ness and Kirby IDK too much about so I won't really say, but Rosalina may have created the Mario Galaxy but she doesn't fight and she was beaten and captured by Bowser and she was also stolen from by Bowser, which is weird.

I am also a huge Mewtwo fan (my main in Melee and I played in tournaments, although I never won one, but having fun is what counts I guess :p) and I am also a huge DBZ fan and it is very clear that almost any DBZ character would be able to beat most of the Smash cast xD.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I'm pretty sure Ness is crazy powerful when he's at his strongest in Earthbound, you can run around doing stuff like exploding T rexes or OHKOing them with a baseball bat if you wanted to, and that isn't even the extent of his power.

Kirby, from what i can tell, can survive and defeat insanely powerful enemies as well as being able to crack his planet in half and absorb the power of his enemies. He's definitely high up. I still think Marth and the ultra cheap falchion are the best due to sheer cheapness.

Btw, Happy Birthday @ Mew2King Mew2King

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Even link could beat mewtwo. Just put a dungeon before hand and link will find some BS weapon that will lead 2 mewtwos doom.

But now that i think about it if this is composite link we are talking about. Well hes S tier as well then.

Last edited by a moderator:

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Even link could beat mewtwo. Just put a dungeon before hand and link will find some BS weapon that will lead 2 mewtwos doom.
Reminds me of boring old superman

Oh no blah blah is invincible!
Oh look I learned a new ability that can kill anything.
Oh no everyone died
Yay I spined the earth around and turned back time..

That sums up every superman plot line.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
On further note aperently human made weapons have little 2 no affect on pit so that might make some info 2.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I'm pretty sure Ness is crazy powerful when he's at his strongest in Earthbound, you can run around doing stuff like exploding T rexes or OHKOing them with a baseball bat if you wanted to, and that isn't even the extent of his power.

Kirby, from what i can tell, can survive and defeat insanely powerful enemies as well as being able to crack his planet in half and absorb the power of his enemies. He's definitely high up. I still think Marth and the ultra cheap falchion are the best due to sheer cheapness.

Btw, Happy Birthday @ Mew2King Mew2King
Well if he's immune to anything but Dragons then he's basically a less powerful, non-magical Ganondorf xD. Still makes him really, really strong. Can you disarm him and then kill him or is that not possible?

Best argument in the thread, hahahahahha xD.

Also Link beats Ganon because he is one of the only 2 beings in the whole Legend of Zelda Universe able to actually hurt Ganon (well there are a couple of more, but they are probably all dead or just gone; the goddess themselves).

Happy bday M2K! For some reason I thought you were 3-4 years older than you are. I guess 16 year old me didn't believe Pro's could be my age when I was playing Melee back in the day, probably throught you were 20, fast foward 7 years and I still think you are 3-4 years older than me, but in fact you are my age, hehehe.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Let's not mix our DBZ with smash, that's not the smartest thing. And ofcourse I think that series obliterates anybody.

I've been arguing for Bowser for some time. If it wasn't for plot, he should win most of the time. But then again, if he's always beaten, maybe there's a reason? I mean he isn't to incredibly bright but he has potential. If we're going to have characters fighting it has to be their overall personality mixed with combat (Sonic would be impatient whereas Snake would be tactical).

I still disagree with Pokemon Trainer being able to have any Pokemon he wants. The character is Pokemon trainer but the actually characters used in smash are Charizard, Squirtle and Ivy. I don't know how to determine which we use but using Red with any pokemon he desires is kind of ridiculous.

Everybody sleeps on Sonic though! His speed is a bigger factor then some realize. And he has more than speed, he can fight too. So he is up there.

And Ganondorf is also really strong. It's not just the Master Sword as his only weakness. Because of the Triforce of Power (And being born a Gerudo also allowed him to be pretty nifty with fighting skills) he has near immortality. Look it up. In the Zelda games he doesn't utilize it as much as I think he should because anyone foolish enough to challenge him would die and the only one who can challenge him, Link, has his one weakness, so ofcourse he'll be a bit more careful. You never see Ganondorf in a fight with anyone other than Link.

Samus wouldn't beat him, but I don't know Metroid enough to know exactly why.

BTW whos day is it tomorow? We've gotten off track? I think we should go Samus since she's near the top.

EDIT - wow this is the first time I seen ya on the boards, Happy Birthday bro!

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Well if he's immune to anything but Dragons then he's basically a less powerful, non-magical Ganondorf xD. Still makes him really, really strong. Can you disarm him and then kill him or is that not possible?
I haven't found any accounts of people being disarmed when wielding the Falchion, and Marth doesn't throw his sword like a certain other person.

While Marth certainly isn't the closest to the strongest character, i'd say he's one of the best in longevity/a battle to the death, and that's BEFORE him being able to bring other items and such with him.

I'd also count dragon moves as manakete damage, because manaketes are basically dragons, so Marth could potentially be harmed or killed by Lucario or Mewtwo if the Falchion doesn't do it's 100% heal thing fast enough.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
All this talk about Mewtwo and Pokemom Trainer makes me wonder: How much force would it take to kill a Pokemon? We know they can die, but in the games (canon), a Magikarp can be hit with a hyper beam or giga impact and only faint.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
All this talk about Mewtwo and Pokemom Trainer makes me wonder: How much force would it take to kill a Pokemon? We know they can die, but in the games (canon), a Magikarp can be hit with a hyper beam or giga impact and only faint.
Well, we'd have to know if the Pokemon are wild are not. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if they're wild, they certainly don't reach their fullest potential. So if we want the strongest Pokemon, they'd be caught and trained. When beaten they'd go back into their Pokeball, or frankly the opponent could murder the trainer ....

Happy thoughts.

Note: I'm not expecting you to agree with order, that's not what this is for. It's suppose to organize similarly strengthed fighters by tiers. There is no LEFT TO RIGHT ORDER just everyone in and upper tier is able to beat the lower ones. Again, it may not be perfect, but I work better when I have a visual representation.

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
This is true about Pokemon Trainer. He is clearly Red, and since we should be using characters from canon stories rather than the potential an RPG character can have (besides, you can't even play as Red and have pokes from gen 4 onward.).

I suggest we use his Mount. Silver team. Which means he still has a lot of threats. I also say that he doesn't HAVE to have all of his Pokes in balls before the fight starts. Pikachu is pretty much always out anyway.

I would also say Captain Falcon should be regarded as higher. Not only is the dude built, he can produce flames from his body. There's no way a Space Animal could beat him. He clearly has amazing reaction times and split second decision making. It's also canon that he's a bounty hunter, so he can also bring his weapons.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Note: I'm not expecting you to agree with order, that's not what this is for. It's suppose to organize similarly strengthed fighters by tiers. There is no LEFT TO RIGHT ORDER just everyone in and upper tier is able to beat the lower ones. Again, it may not be perfect, but I work better when I have a visual representation.

Sprry But i Still gotta say Mewtwo aint S tier hes a tier Mewtwo Is prone 2 phisical damage just like everyone else. Anybody who can make a explosion really could hurt him. Look at the movie mewtwo returns. people are overestimating mewtwo when in reality he aint that strong. Rosalina should be s tier though Because the whole Big Bang thing like seriously.

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
Snake is too high.
This. If we're recognizing the deadly power of guns and explosives, characters like R.O.B shouldn't be low tier because he shoots lasers hot enough to melt flesh. He can literally flash cook you.

Any of the Pokemon (Pikachu, Pichu, Jiggs) can fatally kill you with their moves. A lightning bolt travels way faster than an RPG while being just as deadly.

Also, I don't think anyone is talking about Pikachus ability to generate a lightning cloud via thunder. He would be able to hide himself in it and direct bolts at his foe.
I'm not sure what Sonics acceleration speed is, but he should hope it's faster than Pikachu can fill the air with electricity. Electricity looking to use Sonics metal rings as a nice path to the ground.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Big Bang doesn't mean she can fight though. It just means she can make a big bang. The Goddess Hylia couldn't stop the evil of Demise and needed to make Skyloft (if my memory serves.) I don't think Rosalina as a fighter is all that great.

Many people have made cases for Mewtwo, but I'm curious for cases about anyone in A tier to move up or down.

Starfox characters also fly space vehicles, so their reflexes should be pretty good aswell. And they have weapons to boot, so between them and Falcon I'd say it's a close fight. In the next model I make I'll move him up. It's really to spark discussion on who belongs where in terms of strength.

This. If we're recognizing the deadly power of guns and explosives, characters like R.O.B shouldn't be low tier because he shoots lasers hot enough to melt flesh. He can literally flash cook you.

Any of the Pokemon (Pikachu, Pichu, Jiggs) can fatally kill you with their moves. A lightning bolt travels way faster than an RPG while being just as deadly.

Also, I don't think anyone is talking about Pikachus ability to generate a lightning cloud via thunder. He would be able to hide himself in it and direct bolts at his foe.
I'm not sure what Sonics acceleration speed is, but he should hope it's faster than Pikachu can fill the air with electricity. Electricity looking to use Sonics metal rings as a nice path to the ground.
Look back a few pages to see cases for Sonic. Believe me, hes fast.

Snake isn't just 'some gun guy' either. Hes a great tactician and strategist when it comes to combat. If that counts for anything, he can find ways to beat foes and counter their attacks. He could shoot Pikachus Pokemon Trainer before he even summons here, if we're going by how the operate in games.

Speaking of canon, R.O.B. is low because his canon is he is an accessory for the NES. Snake would trip over him and break him by accident. If we were to go SSE for his abilities then it would change. DK tried to rip his head off to no avail if memory serves.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
No way Snake is on the level of those guys in his category. He's higher than Mario and Dedede??? Way too high for Snake.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
This is seriously impossible unless we go into detail for each fight. And even then there would be so many stipulations and discrepancies .

There were arguments a page back over with Snake vs. Mario.

Dedede isn't to much of a threat to Snake. He'd find a weakness to him. Plus Dedede doesn't really take things seriously, is more satirical from what I gather.

And like Muster, posted ... they don't say MEEETAAALL GEEEAAR for no reason :b:

This is hard when we all know different things about each character and others don't and claim certain things that may or may not be wrong. Myself included. If we want to do this we got to put everything on the table for everyone ... somehow.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Repost

You guys seem to mostly refer to Mewtwo with his psychic powers. Yes, Mewtwo is without a doubt an extremely powerful psychic (higher level than ness) but you seem to forget he has access to nearly the whole spectrum of elemental powers. Ice (beam), Fire (blast), aura (sphere), electricity (thunderbolt), enrgy (hyper beam), etc. Also he is considered in pokemon canon to be the most powerful pokemon as he was created by scientists to be just that. Obviously arceus takes that role, but let’s not forget mega mewtwo x and y are more powerful than arceus, the god of the pokeverse. And even in his regular form he is incredibly powerful. We can basically say he also has super speed (probably at least sound barrier), as his speed stat shows just that, based on its high level. We can also say technically he has high level superhuman strength based on his attack stat. Special goes into his powerful energy and elemental generation and manipulation. Also his legendary status and other stats like hp show he has superhuman durability. He is definitely on top with ganondorf.

And if we're using the anime he made hurricane that could destroy the world.

birdy21

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf may be immortal but he cant kill anyone, he fights against link who is a normal human wearing green clothes and his attacks barely damage him and are very easy to dodge for link and link is pretty slow too.

How could ganondorf kill or even hurt somone like samus.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Ganondorf may be immortal but he cant kill anyone, he fights against link who is a normal human wearing green clothes and his attacks barely damage him and are very easy to dodge for link and link is pretty slow too.

How could ganondorf kill or even hurt somone like samus.
look at around 2:50 into the video. Ganondorf is crazy powerful, as is his ganon form. The only reason he doesn't immediately kill link is the Triforce of Courage.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
How can Ganon be top tier when he gets owned by everyday objects like bottles and fishing rods?
Because villager and links are the only ones on the cast with bottles and fishing rods :troll:

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
I'm saying Pikachu as a character alone, not Pokemon trainer.

A wild Pikachu shoots a bolt of lightning at Snake. You can't "master tactician" your way out of that, unless he has something that can stop the volts of electricity doing their best to melt his face.

Jigglybuff being a normal type has access to a plethora of terrifying moves, including ice beam.

Also, while I disagree with people saying Pkm Trainer (Red) should have access to **** like Arceus or Mewtwo himself, I also don't see why he HAS to have all of his Pokemon in their balls/release one at a time. This isn't an official league match.

For example, Red wins a fight against Giovanni by having Pikachu charge a massive amount of electricity while still inside the ball.
Green utilizes Ditto several times as a decoy/disguise by wearing the thing on her face.
Agetha uses mist and Gengar's ability to hide in your own shadow while it eats your life force to almost kill Koga and Blue.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
S tier
:mewtwopm::ganondorf:
A tier
:bowser2:
B tier
:lucario::falcon::charizard::dk2::samus2::pit::rosalina::sonic::metaknight:
C tier
:kirby2::pikachu2::link2::ivysaur::warioc::mario2::luigi2::fox::wolf::falco::marth::ike::sheik:|:yoshi2:|
D tier
:squirtle::jigglypuff::diddy::yoshi2:
E tier
:peach::popo::rob::olimar::snake::gw:
Kirby has taken on planet destroyers, Snake has taken on 20 foot metal nuke launching robots, Ike has defeated god, Marth's Falchion renders him invincible (to all but manakete/dragon attacks).
All of those characters are too low

Top Bottom